• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tain

rc7vyu.jpg

EX2 has some famously gunchy buttons. To make things even gunchier, my girlfriend spilled some soda all up in them. We removed 'em and soaked 'em in rubbing alcohol, not much help. She went ahead and bought some Sanwa buttons. They were a bitch to get in there, but we got it all set, and now the biggest problem with the EX2 is fixed. And I have a second stick again for other people to use while I use my TE.

They aren't kidding when they say it's a pain to mod, though!

I finally got to mess around with the TvC stick. I don't know what voodo MarkMan did to the actual stick, but this is the first square gate stick I could play every fighter with. The stick itself is not that loose. It has a very solid feel to it. And the vinyl printing of the artwork is awesome. I'm buying one of this for use on the PS3/PC.

Ryn

Tain said:
rc7vyu.jpg

EX2 has some famously gunchy buttons. To make things even gunchier, my girlfriend spilled some soda all up in them. We removed 'em and soaked 'em in rubbing alcohol, not much help. She went ahead and bought some Sanwa buttons. They were a bitch to get in there, but we got it all set, and now the biggest problem with the EX2 is fixed. And I have a second stick again for other people to use while I use my TE.

They aren't kidding when they say it's a pain to mod, though!
The button shaving, wire making and sautering were pretty fun to do. I was thinking of getting a cute light green bubbly ball top too if it fits lol. Overall it was a pretty good nights project.

Anso

Heads up, Tekken 6 stick bundle is silly amounts of cheap in the EU at least. Good stick, nothing you'd bring to a pro tournament but great for home play in your couch.

Arcade Stick GAF!

I've been wanting to get a beginner stick for ages. As said above, I've seen that I have the chance to get that Tekken 6 Hori Stick bundle for half price - and I can then flog the game (I want it for SSF4), so I'd be getting a stick for about £25. Are those sticks any good? Worth the purchase? Or should I just plunk for something better?

APZonerunner said:
Arcade Stick GAF!

I've been wanting to get a beginner stick for ages. As said above, I've seen that I have the chance to get that Tekken 6 Hori Stick bundle for half price - and I can then flog the game (I want it for SSF4), so I'd be getting a stick for about £25. Are those sticks any good? Worth the purchase? Or should I just plunk for something better?

I was hoping for an answer myself but its just shot back upto over £100 now. :(

Still can the experts make some comments in case a similar deal pops up.

Edit: Oh and soes the 360 version work on PC with the wireless gaming receiver?

Aedile

A question about the TE stick that I hope someone can answer: are the four large screws that secure the feet on the bottom of the stick removable? As in, will the bottom panel not fall off if I take them out? They seem to be stripped (intentionally or not), so I'm reluctant to mess with them until I know what's up.

I ask because the only thing that annoys me about the TE stick is that those feet don't really provide much purchase, and the thing slides all over my desk while I'm playing. I was thinking of removing the feet and screws and covering the bottom surface with rubber or something that would keep it from moving around.

SmokyDave

APZonerunner said:
Arcade Stick GAF!

I bought the Tekken bundle and I really like the stick, it kind of reminds me of a wireless version of my DCs Green Goblin. I haven't had time to use the stick much yet but I'm happy with my first impressions. At half price you should be satisfied. Do you have any sticks at the moment? If you're used to a modded TE or high end HRAP then you might be disappointed.

I wouldn't recommend the stick at full retail price.

vulva

any word if the Paewang Revolution Arcade Stick is any good? A nice, relatively, cheap stick that works on the 360 and ps3 is pretty appealing to me.

Aedile said:
A question about the TE stick that I hope someone can answer: are the four large screws that secure the feet on the bottom of the stick removable? As in, will the bottom panel not fall off if I take them out? They seem to be stripped (intentionally or not), so I'm reluctant to mess with them until I know what's up.

I ask because the only thing that annoys me about the TE stick is that those feet don't really provide much purchase, and the thing slides all over my desk while I'm playing. I was thinking of removing the feet and screws and covering the bottom surface with rubber or something that would keep it from moving around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMIxXgL0eNU

watch the video

Happy Phantom said:
any word if the Paewang Revolution Arcade Stick is any good? A nice, relatively, cheap stick that works on the 360 and ps3 is pretty appealing to me.
It's a mayflash clone, so it's pretty bad. People like it for the PCB more than anything.

Aedile, you should be able to remove the rubber feet without removing the bottom panel if I'm not mistaken.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
2/26 - 3/1: Mad Catz (store.gameshark.com) Promo - 20-30% OFF + TE Stick Key Chain!

NOTE: THIS ONLINE PROMOTION IS ONLY VALID FROM FEB. 26 - MAR. 1, 2010!

ALSO NOTE, ONLY ONE COUPON CODE CAN BE USED AT A TIME! IF YOU WANT TO GET A DISCOUNT ON BOTH A TE STICK ORDER AND/OR FIGHTPAD/SE FIGHTSTICK YOU WILL HAVE TO CREATE SEPARATE ORDERS!

Hello everyone!

There will be a special Mad Catz Store ( http://store.gameshark.com ) promotion going on this weekend!

I'll be live in Southern California at this weekend's Level|Up Tournament plugging this website promo and showing off some of our new Super Street Fighter IV and Tatsunoko VS. Capcom products! Stay tuned to http://levelup-series.com for more details & if you're in the Orange County area, come out and visit us on Saturday!

We will be doing 20-30% off certain products!

The 20% OFF TVC & TE FightSticks includes the following... CODE = LEVELUP20

TVC5718.jpg
MV2-4738.jpg

4738.gif
SF4-RD2-4738.jpg
SF4-FF4738.jpg

• Tatsunoko VS. Capcom Arcade FightStick for Wii
  • MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition (Round 1) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV "Round 2" Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV "Femme Fatale" Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for Xbox 360 (VERY LIMITED NUMBERS LEFT!)
The 30% OFF product list includes the following... CODE = LEVELUP30

4718.gif
4728-guile.jpg

• Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick (Standard Edition) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV FightPad (Round 1) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV "Round 2" FightPad for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
ALL ORDERS USING THE SPECIAL PROMO CODES (LEVELUP20 or LEVELUP30), WILL RECEIVE A BONUS MAD CATZ TE STICK PROMO KEY CHAIN (While supplies last!).

4194064755_a1d9a7526c.jpg

* Offer available to continental US residents only (Sorry International buyers! Plan ahead and see if a US buddy can help you with this deal)!
* Deal not valid for Super Street Fighter IV Products

The SFIV Standard Fightstick is way better as far as entry-level sticks go. You might run into problems getting it to work on your PC depending on your OS and chipset though.

McNum

_dementia said:
The SFIV Standard Fightstick is way better as far as entry-level sticks go. You might run into problems getting it to work on your PC depending on your OS and chipset though.

Just to be sure, if I can get a DualShock3 to work on my PC, I can get a PS3 Arcade Stick to work on it, too, right? With the right third party drivers, of course. I'm thinking of getting a SSF4 bundle for PS3, but it'd be a nice bonus to be able to use it on PC, too.

snack said:
Do the Round 2 TE sticks work with PS2 games?
no.

McNum said:
Just to be sure, if I can get a DualShock3 to work on my PC, I can get a PS3 Arcade Stick to work on it, too, right? With the right third party drivers, of course. I'm thinking of getting a SSF4 bundle for PS3, but it'd be a nice bonus to be able to use it on PC, too.

It's mutually exclusive I'm afraid.

McNum

_dementia said:
It's mutually exclusive I'm afraid.
Hmm? That's kind of odd. I'm not thinking about connecting them at the same time, if that's what you mean. I was just thinking that if my PC is able to recognize a USB connected DS3 as a controller, it should be able to recognize a USB connected Arcade Stick pretending to be a PS3 controller as well. Don't they use the same inputs? I mean, I know that the FightPads have a "d-pad/left analog/right analog" switch on them. I just assumed that the sticks could do the same.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm going to Japan next week...

Saturday is God's Garden II, Japan's biggest console Street Fighter IV event. Most of the top players will be there, looking forward to it! Gonna bring a bunch of arcade sticks to support the event!

Sunday is the TEKKEN 6 Global Championships FINAL! Hori will have a booth there and I should get some hands on time with their RAP Premium VLX (Vewlix) series. Can't wait to check it out!

Both events will have live streams!

FIGHTING GAME WEEKEND CONFIRMED!

Going to give KAYOpolice my fightstick <3

I've been meaning to post this for awhile, friend recently lent me his stick he got custom made from arcade-in-a-box. Modeled (obviously) after the NES Advantage. LT & RT buttons are faux, side buttons are guide and back (or select). Sorry for crappy cellphone pics.

0227001407.jpg

0227001412.jpg

0227001409.jpg

TofuEater

TofuEater said:
I have problems navigating the XBL dashboard with my MadCatz TE stick. Directions work fine in SF4.

I have tried both LS and DP settings at the top, does not work on either setting.

Any ideas?

Ok, I found out what was wrong. The DP setting is stuffed ingame and out. Has anyone fixed a problem like this before?

I've had a few concerns over something:

I've got a standard SF4 madcatz fight stick, modded it with Sanwa button which I imagined would be standard for a higher quality. I also added a octagonal gate assuming it would be superior to the square, however I've always had issues with the stick 'flicking' to the opposite side of it's parameters if I let go of it; say it's flick to the 6 position when it ends up on 4 during a reverse Shoryuken, I'm wondering if this this is due to it being a low quality stick beyond the gate as my Hori ex 2 doesn't do the same? And if it would be worth switching it with a superior stick?

zlatko

Banned
That Ragna stick is easily THE best fighting stick design I have ever witnessed in my life. If someone has seen better than that I would love a pic link.

If I could get that level of quality but with Hazama I'd probably legally marry it. :lol

vg260

Amazon shows a release date of March 12 for the new Super sticks. I thought these weren't coming out until the game released, but I guess there's no reason not to release them if ready. I hope that date is semi-accurate.

I've had my Fight Stick (Tournament, Round 1) for a few months now. I love it.

I'm now ready to pimp it.

How easy is it to swap out the picture underneath the plastic and do i need special paper and stuff to do it?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
You know what, for ppl that had issues inputting the code... I'll extend it for 2 more days, you can use LEVELUPVIP until end of day tomorrow.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Oh yea, Super Street Fighter IV FightSticks & FightPads AVAILABLE NOW! http://store.gameshark.com/StreetFighterIV (Not valid for promo)

EDIT: oops, took the code down, should be up in a few hours :x

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
MarkMan said:
You know what, for ppl that had issues inputting the code... I'll extend it for 2 more days, you can use LEVELUPVIP until end of day tomorrow.

Oh yea, Super Street Fighter IV FightSticks & FightPads AVAILABLE NOW! http://store.gameshark.com/StreetFighterIV (Not valid for promo)

Wait wait, the new SSF4 TE sticks can be purchased now, or for presale?

edit: Does the Gameshark site ship out of California? If so, I might get the 2 day shipping if it's available to be delivered immediately.

Sigh, Markman. <3

That's $680 to Mad Catz. I'm probably going to do it in chunks this go around (buy a black PS3, white 360 and vice versa a few months later).

viewtiful_dru said:
awesome, tate mode.

I never had the balls to stand up my tv and play like that
I got an old CRT monitor at a garage sale years ago and use it for DC and now 360 shmups lag-free over VGA. They look great! Definitely worth the miniscule investment for a dedicated tate setup.

FSLink

Banned
MarkMan said:

:lol I had issues with the code yesterday and ended up using the 20% off one, now my order is already "In Process", is it too late to change it? It's really not an issue at all, but just wondering.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
FSLink said:
:lol I had issues with the code yesterday and ended up using the 20% off one, now my order is already "In Process", is it too late to change it? It's really not an issue at all, but just wondering.

I'd call to double check, I'm sorry I don't work at the webstore support :(

Code is working now, LEVELUPVIP 30% off fighting game stuff until end of day tomorrow.

noisome07

Banned
MarkMan said:

DAMNIT. I just bought a stick yesterday too :(

So I bought a TvC stick off ebay a few days ago and the fucker sent me it with all the stickers on the box and shit, is there anyone who doesn't care for their box?? I like to keep it out on display with my movies and stuff, I can trade you this box so you have somewhere to store your stick

downsized_0301002301.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom