• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtibh

Banned
Um, if it’s this, you just straight up said a next-gen console will run at 1080p/30FPS, and that Lumen and the Valley Of Nanite does. That’s either trolling or straight ignorance, and I doubt a mod fired on you without priors.
Yeah not for this. For a post in xbox.

And i am on sony side and by no means a fanboy. This 1080p post was a joke post pointing out the expexted comments or the past comments about a laptop running the demo.

Jtibh

Banned
Um, if it’s this, you just straight up said a next-gen console will run at 1080p/30FPS, and that Lumen and the Valley Of Nanite does. That’s either trolling or straight ignorance, and I doubt a mod fired on you without priors.

There is something called being sarcastic or just try to jab once or twice a month.

My post said at this point if you buy an xsx you are dating down . Buy a ps5. That was in a thread where it was about the slower ssd for xbox how devs will have to use elevators here and there vs none on ps5.

It ment nothing it was a joke post.

I understand the exodus of xfans and that the site tries to be more neutral but it feels like now you say anything bad about xbox even as a joke and you get hit.

Well i wont be the escape goat here.

There is something called being sarcastic or just try to jab once or twice a month.

My post said at this point if you buy an xsx you are dating down . Buy a ps5. That was in a thread where it was about the slower ssd for xbox how devs will have to use elevators here and there vs none on ps5.

I understand the exodus of xfans and that the site tries to be more neutral but it feels like now you say anything bad about xbox even as a joke and you get hit.

Never go full retard in the justice thread. The road to retardania is filled with the corpses of ED alts.

Jtibh

Banned
Never go full retard in the justice thread. The road to retardania is filled with the corpses of ED alts.
If you look at my history you will see mostly normal postive posts.
I have no track record of being a shit poster though i encounter many.

Retard or not i am a person who stands for justice in real life and here.

But this to me is not acceptable.

haxan7

Banned

Just take your points man. I don’t have any yet and I feel left out

Jtibh

Banned
I dont know if the mods have a social score on each user or a reputation score but i am sure there are many of you who do good here yet occasionally throw in some stupid post.
If they would have something like that they would see yeah he is just joking or whatever its all good.

At first I thought you were a troll, i think I even called you one, or a shill. Anyway, I was wrong, your posts can be read in the wrong light.

Just let it go, it'll be reyt. Good posters get warnings all the time. Hell, Cunth, Brap, Matt even kindly Hariseldon and his fucked up world copped a ban.

But if you push it and give the mods an ultimatum, they won't back down, not because they're a set of crybaby cunts, but because they need to be the authority otherwise the whole site is fucked.

Smoke a J, neck a drink, have a pokey-bum-wank and everything will be fine.

Jtibh

Banned
At first I thought you were a troll, i think I even called you one, or a shill. Anyway, I was wrong, your posts can be read in the wrong light.

Just let it go, it'll be reyt. Good posters get warnings all the time. Hell, Cunth, Brap, Matt even kindly Hariseldon and his fucked up world copped a ban.

But if you push it and give the mods an ultimatum, they won't back down, not because they're a set of crybaby cunts, but because they need to be the authority otherwise the whole site is fucked.

Smoke a J, neck a drink, have a pokey-bum-wank and everything will be fine.
One this warning never showed up in my alert. Only saw by checking my account.
Big surprise.

Two i understand the mods and i understand many here can be misunderstood see your own opinion but i am here long enough and showed consistency in my posts for them to see i mean no harm.

Third i dont give mods an ultimatum i give myself an ultimatum.
Being here is a honor but also it takes a lot of time to keep up.
If i dedicate my very little time i have to gaf but walk away with negative feelings i will have to question is it worth it.

Anyways.

Last edited:

Saber

Thank you! Feels good to be back. Now, I’ve said a lot of stupid things on here in the past that are embarrassing and regretful. Is there any way to mass edit or mass delete my post history?

Hey, no worries. We all say shit in our daily basis(not even limited to Gaf). Unless they break the rules or are used to cause harm, don't sweat it.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned

Okay, I’m just nobody in the sense of this thread. Just passing through, saw something that interested me and commented. Maybe I shouldn’t have. Minding your own business is a virtue, and I’m starting to sound like one of the people that haunt this thread, playing moderator.

A little advice from a fellow poster, though?

Think wide. It was a joke to you, okay, but try to think about how other people will take that stuff, if they don’t know you.

I mean, already I thought your other joke was a straight up Xbox fanboy comment. The joke you got warned for looks like a straight up PS fanboy comment.

If people don't know you, and don't know you're apparently joking, it's just going to be incitement. The whole thread will come off it's axis as everyone feels the need to prove you wrong or hit back.

As such, I don't think it's unreasonable to be asked to watch your wording and execution more, especially when gaming side was a battlefield just a few months ago, that's finally calmed down. I would explain to whichever moderator that you were kidding, and try to see things from their perspective.

It isn't slapping your hand or humiliation. It's just people, like you, trying to do their best to keep the site running as enjoyably as possible.

Jtibh

Banned
Okay, I’m just nobody in the sense of this thread. Just passing through, saw something that interested me and commented. Maybe I shouldn’t have. Minding your own business is a virtue, and I’m starting to sound like one of the people that haunt this thread, playing moderator.

A little advice from a fellow poster, though?

Think wide. It was a joke to you, okay, but try to think about how other people will take that stuff, if they don’t know you.

I mean, already I thought your other joke was a straight up Xbox fanboy comment. The joke you got warned for looks like a straight up PS fanboy comment.

If people don't know you, and don't know you're apparently joking, it's just going to be incitement. The whole thread will come off it's axis as everyone feels the need to prove you wrong or hit back.

As such, I don't think it's unreasonable to be asked to watch your wording and execution more, especially when gaming side was a battlefield just a few months ago, that's finally calmed down. I would explain to whichever moderator that you were kidding, and try to see things from their perspective.

It isn't slapping your hand or humiliation. It's just people, like you, trying to do their best to keep the site running as enjoyably as possible.
Thats why i am reaching out here.

But i get no response.

And again it was a sneaky slap cuz it does not show up in my alerts. I scrolled through all the way back to last week.
Nothing.

I kinda explained why i think this is unjust.

Anyways.

Thank you for your support.

Thank you gaf for the opportunity to be a part of this.
You guys been great.

Take care and stay safe all of you.

-Arcadia-

Banned

But i get no response.

And again it was a sneaky slap cuz it does not show up in my alerts. I scrolled through all the way back to last week.
Nothing.

Anyways.

You guys been great.

Give em a little time, okay? Plus, I think the notification for warnings can break sometimes, which I've seen mentioned by people who would know better than anyone about getting warned. 😋

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
At this point if you are buying the xsx you are dating down.
Respect yourself. Get a ps5.

Are you serious? Joke or not it really looks like straight up console warring and bait. If it had been the other way around and said about the PS5 the poster probably would have caught a ban instead of a warning.

You probably didn't mean to be malicious, but people can't always determine your intentions in text. I think -Arcadia- -Arcadia- gave you some really sound advice about looking at how your words might be taken when they are only text on a computer screen. Actually it's really sound advice for anyone using this or any other forum.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Thank you! Feels good to be back. Now, I’ve said a lot of stupid things on here in the past that are embarrassing and regretful. Is there any way to mass edit or mass delete my post history?

No need. Best thing to do is own up to your mistakes and work to not make them again in the future. Also takes more stones to do that than simply delete and pretend it never happened.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
No need. Best thing to do is own up to your mistakes and work to not make them again in the future. Also takes more stones to do that than simply delete and pretend it never happened.

I don’t disagree with owning up to it. I’ve read through a lot of them and I’m shocked at how stupid and insensitive some of them are. However, there are also old posts that include personal details that could lead back to me.

Tesseract

Banned
I don’t disagree with owning up to it. I’ve read through a lot of them and I’m shocked at how stupid and insensitive some of them are. However, there are also old posts that include personal details that could lead back to me.
i wouldn't worry about that, you don't need personal details to make connections like that in 2020

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Anything with personal info that you’d like deleted, send me a PM with links to the posts in question and I’ll take care of it.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

But i get no response.

Nothing.

Anyways.

You guys been great.

Dude, relax. You're overreacting.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Anything with personal info that you’d like deleted, send me a PM with links to the posts in question and I’ll take care of it.

I appreciate that. I'll start making a list. If it makes any difference, I'll buy GAF Gold for myself and two gift accounts if you nuke it all.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Welcome back, Gary Whitta.
giphy.gif

Jtibh

Banned
Give em a little time, okay? Plus, I think the notification for warnings can break sometimes, which I've seen mentioned by people who would know better than anyone about getting warned. 😋
Well its midnight. I think that was sufficient time given for response.

For this.

edqa5rL.png

Thats ok i got my answer.

Man enough to walk away.

Dont let me down everyone. Ps5 in 2 days.

Keep the news flowing.

I will read like i do for the past 8 years.

🙋‍♂️

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
You didn’t get an acknowledgement because it was a tracker warning, sometimes used by mods to add notes to users they’re keeping an eye on, mostly for the benefit of other mods. If they had something to address to you directly it would have been a standard warning with an acknowledgment screen.

Those maybe shouldn’t be used anymore since we’ve changed the system to make warnings more visible.

Either way, it appears to give you sufficient explanation in the note.

Jtibh

Banned
You didn’t get an acknowledgement because it was a tracker warning, sometimes used by mods to add notes to users they’re keeping an eye on, mostly for the benefit of other mods. If they had something to address to you directly it would have been a standard warning with an acknowledgment screen.

Those maybe shouldn’t be used anymore since we’ve changed the system to make warnings more visible.

Either way, it appears to give you sufficient explanation in the note.
The tracker warning is making false accusations.

I yet have to see why i got hit with this or even if its automized i asked to reconsider this warning after i explained how that comment had nothing to do with low level console war effort.

I have no track record of being a console warrior or a fanboy.

To this is got no response.

But in any case this is your site with your rules and you make the decisions.

Though i was hoping for a dialogue and plead my case.

Yes i know i can get by for a long time without being banned. I proven enough that i am considered a low threat and a semi decent contributor.

Yes the wuhan thing hurt a bit and came here bitching but i did what i promised and no one can say i said anything wrong ever since in that thread.

With this i have an issue as i really feel this is puting me in a wrong light.

So i accept it for what it is but it doesnt sit well with me and therefor i need to step back and walk away.

The tracker warning is making false accusations.

I yet have to see why i got hit with this or even if its automized i asked to reconsider this warning after i explained how that comment had nothing to do with low level console war effort.

I have no track record of being a console warrior or a fanboy.

To this is got no response.

But in any case this is your site with your rules and you make the decisions.

Though i was hoping for a dialogue and plead my case.

Yes i know i can get by for a long time without being banned. I proven enough that i am considered a low threat and a semi decent contributor.

Yes the wuhan thing hurt a bit and came here bitching but i did what i promised and no one can say i said anything wrong ever since in that thread.

With this i have an issue as i really feel this is puting me in a wrong light.

So i accept it for what it is but it doesnt sit well with me and therefor i need to step back and walk away.
Jim Ryan officially denounces any affiliation with Jtibh Jtibh and condones his behaviour as they don't align with Sony Interactive Entertainment's values and beliefs.

#GreenLivesMatterToo

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
uqhrwn8.jpg

I didn’t know Second Extinction was an Xbox Series X console exclusive. Maybe the mod tripping over their feet to warn someone over a typo should educate themselves on games considering they’re moderating a forum dedicated to them.

Just an idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom