• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
What happened to Dontero?
Finished with acting like a cunt to everyone on this site and living a happy life now?
I couldn't find the "evil grin" emoticon. Surprisingly, it wasn't even me who did him in. He requested a perma in this chat. Shortly after, another person I've always suspected was an Era lurker was banned. Great week to see GAF give em' the boot.

Freeman

Banned
Freedom is overrated.
f0c688a18200562b222892daf2279d5e.gif

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Neogaf should have a "Press F to pay respects" button in the banned member list.
I would say the site developer (s) a.k.a. EviLore, has probably considered this. However, the ban reason on the board is sometimes the respects paid by the mods and that's gold!

I request a permaban if my tag won't be removed, I don't want to deal with being censored if you don't mind, I'm not sure my expectation regarding how much this place improved were realistic. If I'm going to be chastised for perfectly justifiable takes I'm out.
I believe it isn't going to go away until the mods see you are able to restrain yourself from trolling Microsoft threads. I don't know how long you have to wait but it is an overreaction on your part to request a permaban.

cormack12

Gold Member
I believe it isn't going to go away until the mods see you are able to restrain yourself from trolling Microsoft threads. I don't know how long you have to wait but it is an overreaction on your part to request a permaban.

Yeah I get the impression its done to calm people down as they dont want to ban them but also want them to put a lid on it. How long have you had it?

GiJoint

I request a permaban if my tag won't be removed, I don't want to deal with being censored if you don't mind, I'm not sure my expectation regarding how much this place improved were realistic. If I'm going to be chastised for perfectly justifiable takes I'm out.
I’m sorry for your loss.

If it helps, a snowflake warned me for saying “9.2TF boost machine” in the Digital Foundry thread, cheeky bait which triggered a few people. They’re having meltdowns that DF is Microsoft owned.

Last edited:

Freeman

Banned
Your "perfectly justifiable takes" are little more than console war garbage.
Where is the lie tho?

This is the sort of thing that I don't agree with. I'm not here to play charades. Grown a thicker skin, my takes are served as they come.

It's fine to personally insult people but I can't call it like it is but I get branded for not falling for PR spins?

Last edited:
Restrain myself? I have raised the stakes. It ends today.
Where is the lie tho?

This is the sort of thing that I don't agree with. I'm not here to play charades. Grown a thicker skin, my takes are served as they come.

It's fine to personally insult people but I can't call it like it is?

zN8OSBV.gif

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Where is the lie tho?

It's fine to personally insult people but I can't call it like it is?

While it's perfectly possible that they might develop the controller for the new console and maybe it has capabilities which don't match with the games of the older console, it's not wholly necessary to add the insult about xbox controllers to the end. While I am not particularly arsed about it, and xbox users really shouldn't either, it's the kind of trash talk you might expect from a teenager. Note I have a PC and Switch, so no dog in that fight. Perhaps cutting out the childish stuff might help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freeman

Banned
Ew, weebo commie garbage degeneracy if I ever seen it.

While it's perfectly possible that they might develop the controller for the new console and maybe it has capabilities which don't match with the games of the older console, it's not wholly necessary to add the insult about xbox controllers to the end. While I am not particularly arsed about it, and xbox users really shouldn't either, it's the kind of trash talk you might expect from a teenager. Note I have a PC and Switch, so no dog in that fight. Perhaps cutting out the childish stuff might help.
This entire board isn't necessary by that logic.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Your "perfectly justifiable takes" are little more than console war garbage.
Pretty much. Every gaming forum has to have standards in threads related to...well...gaming. If you're marketing a gaming forum and guests come in (wanting to join but curiously reading threads) and they see trolling, warring, and irrelevance...they'll likely stay lurking or just join the next forum. The idea is that the overall forum stays fun but relevant and informative for gamers. It also sucks when you work hard on creating a thread and people start trolling or warring over something stupid. I'll paraphrase what someone wrote last week: "If you don't like a thread, don't click on it."

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
What happened to Dontero?
Finished with acting like a cunt to everyone on this site and living a happy life now?

More or less, minus the happy life part.

Okay, bye.

Where is the lie tho?

It's fine to personally insult people but I can't call it like it is but I get branded for not falling for PR spins?
Honestly, no one cares. There are dozens of console warriors like you that have little self-awareness for how you post in gaming threads. You are not immune from moderator action because you support PlayStation and dunk on Xbox or vice versa. Maybe use that thicker skin of yours to deal with your custom tag instead of crying about censorship.

EDIT: Oh well nevermind. He's gone.

Last edited:
Honestly, no one cares. There are dozens of console warriors like you that have little self-awareness for how you post in gaming threads. You are not immune from moderator action because you support PlayStation and dunk on Xbox or vice versa. Maybe use that thicker skin of yours to deal with your custom tag instead of crying about censorship.
No, don't worry, he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom