• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
What's wrong is the mention of the fact that there was some Russian activity as justification for people continuing to propagate the "Trump is a Russian agent and he stole the 2016 election" hoax. I'm finding it very hard to gauge what is acceptable to talk about at this point except for the apparent principle of "it's OK if it's pro-left" but I don't want to believe that is the case because that would be very disappointing, so I'm hoping for a clearer statement of what the policy is, and obviously I'm looking for a principled enforcement of said policy whatever it actually is.

This is not an ultimatum or a threat, but I'm just probably going to post a lot less because of the above. Leftists using every chance to gloat and ban bait and posting pro-left conspiracy theories is not a nice environment, with all due respect.

Russia gate was clearly a hoax mate. Seems you are hung up on it for reasons.

The election in 2020 was not stolen.

Shrug. It’s that easy.

It’s not about who gets benefitted by what. It’s about being being rational about things.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
200.gif
200.gif

XVzk.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
There really needs to be some kind of moderation for people who leave dozens of LOLs in every thread on daily basis. I've put people on ignore for it and it has helped me ignore these morons but now im seeing it happen to other posters and it is simply not good for the discourse on this forum.

I am not asking for LOL reactions to go away or or even banning LOL reactions as a substitute for mocking posts but surely leaving literally hundreds of LOL emojis a week instead of engaging in discussion warrants a warning.

Is there a way mods can see how many lol reactions a poster has left? Check out Riky's reaction history and you guys will find hundreds of LOL reactions left by him just this year alone. Absolutely psychotic behavior.

There are others like darius who left like ten reactions on another poster's posts in one thread in a day. At some point, it becomes less about putting up with this shit and having a thicker skin and more about not allowing morons to degrade the quality of discourse on this forum.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
There really needs to be some kind of moderation for people who leave dozens of LOLs in every thread on daily basis. I've put people on ignore for it and it has helped me ignore these morons but now im seeing it happen to other posters and it is simply not good for the discourse on this forum.

I am not asking for LOL reactions to go away or or even banning LOL reactions as a substitute for mocking posts but surely leaving literally hundreds of LOL emojis a week instead of engaging in discussion warrants a warning.

Is there a way mods can see how many lol reactions a poster has left? Check out Riky's reaction history and you guys will find hundreds of LOL reactions left by him just this year alone. Absolutely psychotic behavior.

There are others like darius who left like ten reactions on another poster's posts in one thread in a day. At some point, it becomes less about putting up with this shit and having a thicker skin and more about not allowing morons to degrade the quality of discourse on this forum.
Speaking of which I would like a second chance at getting my reaction privileges returned EviLore EviLore

Kagey K

Banned

I’ve got one that follows me around giving the triggered reaction on a ton of my posts.

I find it enduring that he cares so much. 😅

FunkMiller

Gold Member
What's wrong is the mention of the fact that there was some Russian activity as justification for people continuing to propagate the "Trump is a Russian agent and he stole the 2016 election" hoax. I'm finding it very hard to gauge what is acceptable to talk about at this point except for the apparent principle of "it's OK if it's pro-left" but I don't want to believe that is the case because that would be very disappointing, so I'm hoping for a clearer statement of what the policy is, and obviously I'm looking for a principled enforcement of said policy whatever it actually is.

This is not an ultimatum or a threat, but I'm just probably going to post a lot less because of the above. Leftists using every chance to gloat and ban bait and posting pro-left conspiracy theories is not a nice environment, with all due respect.

Who is still saying this though? I’ve heard no one make a claim like this. Can you link?

Last edited:

borborygmus

Who is saying this though? I’ve heard no one make a claim like this. Can you link?
It's implied in the parler thread to the same extent as equivalent implications regarding pro-right conspiracy theories that have resulted in bans. And beyond the particular conspiracy theory that's relevant to this discussion, even the lesser implication of Russia's role in manipulating Americans being of any real significance is greatly exaggerated, and this too seems to be all just fine and dandy as long as it's not incriminating of Biden.

Last edited:

bronk

Banned

So reactions are psychotic now? You want to punish people who enjoy using reactions? Really living up to your name there.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It's implied in the parler thread to the same extent as equivalent implications regarding pro-right conspiracy theories that have resulted in bans. And beyond the particular conspiracy theory that's relevant to this discussion, even the lesser implication of Russia's role in manipulating Americans being of any real significance is greatly exaggerated, and this too seems to be all just fine and dandy as long as it's not incriminating of Biden.

Again, can you point me to posts that state this? I’ve long been of the mind that Russia certainly tried their damned hardest to interfere (not the only one either), but it’s clear the idea that Trump was a puppet of the Kremlin, or that Russia decided that election was fucking stupid.

But someone would have to explicitly say that to receive a ban, the same way the idiots who kept saying the 2020 election was fraudulent did.

Last edited:

borborygmus

Again, can you point me to posts that state this? I’ve long been of the mind that Russia certainly tried their damned hardest to interfere, but it’s clear the idea that Trump was a puppet of the Kremlin was fucking stupid.

But someone would have to explicitly say that to receive a ban the same way the idiots who kept saying the 2020 election was fraudulent did.

There have been bans for mere conflations. You yourself, in that thread, claim that Russia was fomenting and I quote, insurrection and I don't buy for a minute that this isn't a reference to a certain recent event that would seek to give Trump a second term. Even the 1st reply in the thread makes the obvious implication with enough vagueness for plausible deniability, and later it's said that "MAGA people love Russia."

We all know what these things refer to.

Furthermore, the minute the moderation policy changed, you went ahead and told someone to request a permaban, so you'll forgive me if I'm skeptical of your supposed honesty and good faith and your dancing around the topic as if innocent is imho unbecoming.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
There have been bans for mere conflations. You yourself, in that thread, claim that Russia was fomenting and I quote, insurrection and I don't buy for a minute that this isn't a reference to a certain recent event that would seek to give Trump a second term. Even the 1st reply in the thread makes the obvious implication with enough vagueness for plausible deniability, and later it's said that "MAGA people love Russia."

We all know what these things refer to.

Furthermore, the minute the moderation policy changed, you went ahead and told someone to request a permaban, so you'll forgive me if I'm skeptical of your supposed honesty and good faith and your dancing around the topic as if innocent is imho unbecoming.

Oh do sod off, you paranoid idiot. I was genuinely interested in seeing evidence of people claiming Trump was a puppet or that 2016 was stolen, but all you can do is drop back to the insults. Off to ignore you go.

Last edited:

borborygmus

Just fed up with the endless gotcha attempts and attempted (poor) psychoanalysis, instead of just engaging with the point. Often happens when I ask for actual evidence of something someone is claiming, funnily enough.
I don't have to march to your beat. I merely said what I thought and I think I showed quite a few questionable comments for the moderation team to consider with regard to the new policy. You're not in charge on this forum even though you may act like it now. It'd have been better if you addressed my comment rather than lash out like that. I'm going to leave it here.

Last edited:

showernota

Oh do sod off, you paranoid idiot. I was genuinely interested in seeing evidence of people claiming Trump was a puppet or that 2016 was stolen, but all you can do is drop back to the insults. Off to ignore you go.

nicolas cage wow GIF by IMDb

You must be lashing out from embarrassment, since there is nothing in the post that was insulting. You should reflect on whatever emotion you're feeling and grow beyond petty insults.

I've noticed the name calling has really escalated in the politics sections, let's all try to do better.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Just fed up with the endless gotcha attempts and attempted (poor) psychoanalysis, instead of just engaging with the point. Often happens when I ask for actual evidence of something someone is claiming, funnily enough.

The politics section calmed down for a while but now it's back to the same five or so users derailing things with off topic replies or passive aggressive insults if a thread isn't anti Democrat or anti Biden. I enjoy this open space to discuss politics, which is markedly different (and better IMO) from pretty much any other popular discussion forum still left standing, but if one tries to have a cogent, adult conversation about what's going on in the world it quickly turns into the equivalent of the comments section of a YouTube video - thanks to that handful of users.

I wish those posters would just calm down.

Edit: I mean just look above. Dogpiling in an embarrassing manner on a poster

Last edited:

showernota

Defence league in full force today, I see 🙄
Haxan posting a gif of salt and me saying it’s rude to escalate like you did and call someone an idiot would be a pretty sad show of force for a defense league lol.

The politics section calmed down for a while but now it's back to the same five or so users derailing things with off topic replies or passive aggressive insults if a thread isn't anti Democrat or anti Biden. I enjoy this open space to discuss politics, which is markedly different (and better IMO) from pretty much any other popular discussion forum still left standing, but if one tries to have a cogent, adult conversation about what's going on in the world it quickly turns into the equivalent of the comments section of a YouTube video - thanks to that handful of users.

I wish those posters would just calm down.

We all need to calm down, for sure.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Don't be such a mental midget

Dacon

Banned

I expected better from you than name calling, you're supposed to be one of the more level headed posters round here.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Hey, look. You girls can all have fun at my expense if you like, but all I did was ask for evidence of something, got absolutely none, and instead the conversation veered off into the ad hominem shit again. What can I say, it’s as irritating as it is boring 🤷🏻‍♂️
All I am saying is, just to cool down before someone has to pour a bucket of ice water on you, brother.

Boss Mog

I can't believe BluRayHiDef BluRayHiDef actually tried to make an alt, like he hasn't embarrassed himself enough already. Even without his IP we would've been able to spot him a mile away. I don't get why so many banned people try to make alts, are they that desperate? Have some dignity and just move on ffs.

haxan7

Banned
I can't believe BluRayHiDef BluRayHiDef actually tried to make an alt, like he hasn't embarrassed himself enough already. Even without his IP we would've been able to spot him a mile away. I don't get why so many banned people try to make alts, are they that desperate? Have some dignity and just move on ffs.
The gaf addiction is real

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Multiple alt attempts along with demands and lectures emailed to support. Really, though, could we expect anything else?

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I expected better from you than name calling, you're supposed to be one of the more level headed posters round here.

I tend to expect better of myself too, but when someone claims something, I ask for clear evidence, and then no evidence appears, and I just get told I’m not being honest, not speaking in good faith, and am accused of dancing around a topic..... it brings out the worst in me.

ugly GIF

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Fuckin' hell, LOL reactions are low effort, but so is being triggered by them to the extent you are. Get over it.

Hey, look. You girls can all have fun at my expense if you like, but all I did was ask for evidence of something, got absolutely none, and instead the conversation veered off into the ad hominem shit again. What can I say, it’s as irritating as it is boring 🤷🏻‍♂️
Resist the urge. Keep it clean or lose the moral high ground.

Take this advice:

shadows and dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom