• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa

Banned
I never said his argument were hard to demolish.

Is all modern day conservatives are Nazis merely a “different opinion” as you phrase it? I, a lifelong atheist who adores Christopher Hitchens, Bill Hicks, and George Carlin and who purchased the God Delusion day 1, am a far right conservative and therefore Nazi by proxy to these fruitcakes because I don’t support their loony leftism. Am I supposed to just tolerate their slander and character assassination?

Don’t know why I’m putting so much effort into responding to a Neo “just asking questions” Member.

brap

Banned
I, a lifelong atheist who adores Christopher Hitchens, Bill Hicks, and George Carlin
f50.png

Papa

Banned

It’s true, I had a neckbeardy streak in my late teens, but that was when atheism was genuine counter-culture, before all the atheism+ cringelords made it part of intersectional feminism. Thankfully, encountering the real world kicked that shit out of me and now I only mention it when it’s relevant, not as some kind of identity flag. Anyway, if you want the full details, just ask your mother.

Is all modern day conservatives are Nazis merely a “different opinion” as you phrase it? I, a lifelong atheist who adores Christopher Hitchens, Bill Hicks, and George Carlin and who purchased the God Delusion day 1, am a far right conservative and therefore Nazi by proxy to these fruitcakes because I don’t support their loony leftism. Am I supposed to just tolerate their slander and character assassination?

Don’t know why I’m putting so much effort into responding to a Neo “just asking questions” Member.

You argue long enough on the Internet and the word Nazi just come out, its a know fact.

And maybe I'm a neo member but it doesn't make me less worthy than you.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

Being an atheist does not make you left at all. Being in favour of secularism is of course a left position, but it is also a liberal position (which is not left) and there are plenty right or even far right people who are atheists. Atheism is not a political position, but a scientific position. It does not (or should not) concern policies, it concerns the scientific matter of how earth came into being and whether "supernatural" beings exist.

Papa

Banned
Being an atheist does not make you left at all. Being in favour of secularism is of course a left position, but it is also a liberal position (which is not left) and there are plenty right or even far right people who are atheists. Atheism is not a political position, but a scientific position. It does not (or should not) concern policies, it concerns the scientific matter of how earth came into being and whether "supernatural" beings exist.

The first line isn’t at all what I said, so cbf with the rest

Yoshi

The first line isn’t at all what I said, so cbf with the rest
You also mentioned two atheist thinkers (Dawkins, Hitchens), which are covered by what I wrote and two comedians (incidentally two comedians who talked a lot about religion). Neither of which makes you a leftist - or even a non-rightist, or a non-far-rightist. You can have basically any political orientation and still like those four (unless you are a anti-secularism shitbag, which you are not).

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
You also mentioned two atheist thinkers (Dawkins, Hitchens), which are covered by what I wrote and two comedians (incidentally two comedians who talked a lot about religion). Neither of which makes you a leftist - or even a non-rightist, or a non-far-rightist. You can have basically any political orientation and still like those four (unless you are a anti-secularism shitbag, which you are not).

Excuse me

Excuse me

Pretty sure I’m a shitbag

Yoshi

Excuse me

Excuse me

Pretty sure I’m a shitbag
Not an anti-secularism shitbag, that much I am certain of. You may be other kinds of shitbag, but not the worst kind of shitbag: anti-secularism shitbag.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
We never know their background story bro. Some are weak in real life so they use the internet to look strong since nobody knows them. But yeah, we’ve had cases that made me think that GAF is mistaken for an asylum

For sure. And I don't think we should be cruel to anyone. But everyone else in the community doesn't deserve unhinged people causing major disruptions, either.

Mista

Banned
Some of them seem to be non-native speakers who are unable to discern the tone of a post sometimes.
True that. English isn’t my first language but I speak it well. Yet sometimes I get mistaken for being angry when I’m actually far from it. To be honest in today’s world anything without an emoji at the end is automatically = angry or very serious. Which is very stupid in my opinion.

bronk

Banned
True that. English isn’t my first language but I speak it well. Yet sometimes I get mistaken for being angry when I’m actually far from it. To be honest in today’s world anything without an emoji at the end is automatically = angry or very serious. Which is very stupid in my opinion.
This is so true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom