• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Sandyvagina ain’t banned is he?
Not until he stops being funny.

3gC1Aqt.gif

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
bout time is right.
I see you lot finally banned Coulomb the clown. Well, it was about time. Thank you

About time is right. He and Deeper Underground are 2 of the bravest Sony warriors.

He did get an award winning Mod comment to go with his ban. The Mod comments just get better and better.
[multiple] The passive aggressive console warrior posts are getting all too tiring. Give some extra TLC to your PlayStation to help cleanse those impure thoughts of Sexbox.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I know this is going to sound like conspiracy nonsense, but from my own experience and observations, Sony fanboys seem to get away with far more than others.

I pride myself on being able to poke fun at all sides (I have no stock in either), but I only ever get in trouble when I poke fun at Sony stuff. And without naming names, there are some Sony nutters on here who appear to be invincible to moderation.

I'm not saying all mods are bias, but I suspect you may have a fanboy in your ranks.

TLDR:

SKMbwiP.jpg

Nah, this is full of shit and you know it. The mods here aren't biased to any particular side. Just so happens "Xbox Fanboys" step over the line more often than the others. If you can't see that, then maybe you yourself may have a bias that skews your perception.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Because they are weak.

What I mean by this is that I always view a personal attack as a sign of weakness. People who usually use them can't form an intelligent rebuttal. Which is why they resort to insults as a last ditch effort.
Spot on. What’s extra funny is the ones that do this the most seem to think they are the most intelligent when it’s a clear indicator of cognitive deficiencies instead. Child-like behaviour. Can’t respect that.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Because they are weak.

What I mean by this is that I always view a personal attack as a sign of weakness. People who usually use them can't form an intelligent rebuttal. Which is why they resort to insults as a last ditch effort.
Spot on. What’s extra funny is the ones that do this the most seem to think they are the most intelligent when it’s a clear indicator of cognitive deficiencies instead. Child-like behaviour. Can’t respect that.

lO6dzZV.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
To elaborate a little, there’s nothing wrong with a good, well-deserved insult.

Painting with a wide brush, and insisting that any insult or personal attack is an either/or situation in regards to having a good argument, is a pretty small brain worldview.

Like most ideological things in life, there’s a gigantic spectrum between drooling out ‘Neogaf are ****’, and at the other end, poking fun at/insulting someone who deserves it.

See? A personal attack (in good fun) and a point at the same time. It’s all about substance and context.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
To elaborate a little, there’s nothing wrong with a good, well-deserved insult.

Painting with a wide brush, and insisting that any insult or personal attack is an either/or situation in regards to having a good argument, is a pretty small brain worldview.

Like most ideological things in life, there’s a gigantic spectrum between drooling out ‘Neogaf are ****’, and at the other end, poking fun at/insulting someone who deserves it.

See? A personal attack (in good fun) and a point at the same time. It’s all about substance and context.
Of course there is nothing wrong with banter, but there are people who immediately go to insults as soon as their opinion is challenged and I find that incredibly dumb and weak and I will never respect that. I’d even call it pathetic.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Of course there is nothing wrong with banter, but there are people who immediately go to insults as soon as their opinion is challenged and I find that incredibly dumb and weak and I will never respect that. I’d even call it pathetic.
🤔

There are so many fucking games on Switch. Anyone who complains there is “nothing to play” is either deranged or has an agenda, in my opinion.

😜

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, he could have chosen almost any other sentence and not got banned. At that point it wasn’t even trying to be funny. (PS, I didn’t report him and just looked up his ban post now)
Yeah I shouldn't have used that word. That said, I don't have any respect for Dildo Suit Man... people like him make the entire gay community look like idiots.

Kagey K

Banned
Yeah I shouldn't have used that word. That said, I don't have any respect for Dildo Suit Man... people like him make the entire gay community look like idiots.
I can agree with that.

Homo in a Clown suit would have worked, Krusty the Queen, Cinderelly with a belly, would have all been fine.

It was just that one nasty word that (I think) got you in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom