• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawel86ck

Banned
The console is nine teraflops though. 9.2 teraflops to be exact. You can parade the “boosted” number of 10+ that Cerny was talking about to make up for their short comings in the system engineering but that doesn’t take away from the fact that it’s a native 9 teraflop gpu. That is the spec. That is the number. Digital Foundry wouldn’t put their credibility on the line for a piece on the github leak if they didn’t verify it’s authenticity. Boosted or not, it is factually a native 9 teraflop GPU.

But you’re free to skew the narrative if you like, just as you’re free to perma ban me for speaking on the teraflops count of the console(who knew it was such a sensitive subject.) Especially for me, considering I’ve been banned for console warring for both Microsoft and Sony somehow. I’ve magically transcended to being a console warrior for both of the consoles that I own.

What it boils down to is that it appears according to what you’re saying is that everything in the GitHub leak was true except the PS5 GPU power, and you don’t like that truth. How ironic.
You are walking on thin ice my friend, because for some strage reason 9 TF is not permitted topic here. Gonzo benchmark data proves Sony was aiming at 9.2 TF before, but lets be fair to Sony, because in the end they have managed to build 10TF console (I'm guessing they have invested into better cooling). According to Cerny GPU clock will go down only by 2% in the worst possible scenario, so 44MHz. That's not really enough to go below 10TF line and no matter how you look at things Cerny still build a beast, because 10TF RDNA2 should be comparable to RTX 2080 (very expensive GPU) raster performance, and maybe even 2080 OC'ed if RDNA2 will bring IPC gains as well.

I hope mods will stop giving "gifts" for this 9TF talk. Yes, PS5 is 10TF in the end, but it's really absurd to watch people get banned over so simple thing. It's not like people who mention 9TF are posting death threats or rasist comments, and it only shows some people here are way too sensitive to any topic regarding Sony console. We have resetera for such absurd bans, and I hope neogaf mods will rethink their stance on 9TF bans. This forum is better compared to era and lets keep it that way :).

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
@Riastrad shouldn't be a perm IMO.
Nothing there was racist or edgy and it's how most Brits think in private. In public we just deal with it.

The thread was about how angry/irritable you are on a daily basis. The fact that the guy's mind immediately jumps to "depends if I have to deal with foreigners" is kinda telling, and his post history finishes the story.

Don't presume to speak for "most Brits", Gash, I don't get angry when foreign people dare sit near me on the bus.

Most Brits are fine with foreigners. Hell, some of our culture is built on it!

The banned poster shouldn't be so aggressive about it though.

There are concerns on who we let in, but we should discuss it without the blaming of all foreigners angle.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Most Brits are fine with foreigners. Hell, some of our culture is built on it!

The banned poster shouldn't be so aggressive about it though.

There are concerns on who we let in, but we should discuss it without the blaming of all foreigners angle.

There are indeed concerns though sadly any such discussion has been buggered by the far right denouncing all foreigners and the far left denouncing all Brits (though numerically the far right are pretty small compared to the far left).

It’s irritating that I can talk all day about the impact of Westerners on Thailand (because I lived there so I got a feel for the situation on the ground) including both the good and the bad and making reference to aspects of both cultures but can’t do that with regard immigration into the UK (except here of course where reasoned discussion is possible).

pawel86ck

Banned
Its embarrassing you can't criticize anything Sony related. Yet when I have a criticism towards Microsoft or whatever they love my posts.

This thread is a perfect example. A warrior antagonizing the op and saying he's a warrior over his questions

Same guy who said the Sony event would show Ps5 a next gen console and xsx isnt. Yet no ban yet for posting shit as stupid as that.
Haha it's Geordiemp , I'm not surprised in the slightest 🙂.

Kh3KqdS.jpg

nush

It’s irritating that I can talk all day about the impact of Westerners on Thailand (because I lived there so I got a feel for the situation on the ground) including both the good and the bad and making reference to aspects of both cultures but can’t do that with regard immigration into the UK (except here of course where reasoned discussion is possible).

This is true, right up until you get the "Thailand eh? * Nudge nudge wink wink*. Or you must have lived in an expat compound and did know the REAL Thailand". But that's right, say anything negative about immigration in the UK and get labeled. I I try to talk about China, I get all kind of pushback.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
This is true, right up until you get the "Thailand eh? * Nudge nudge wink wink*. Or you must have lived in an expat compound and did know the REAL Thailand". But that's right, say anything negative about immigration in the UK and get labeled. I I try to talk about China, I get all kind of pushback.

In my case I lived in an area where I was the only white person. I saw enough to observe things like farangs having more money and thus pushing up rents beyond the reach of the locals etc but also things like the women wanting western men because of the money, leaving Thai men frustrated especially with hooker prices also driven up - there were incidents due to that frustration. I couldn’t even begin to get close to that level of discussion on the different groups coming into the UK though, other than here, which is amazing considering it’s not that sophisticated.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thread was about how angry/irritable you are on a daily basis. The fact that the guy's mind immediately jumps to "depends if I have to deal with foreigners" is kinda telling, and his post history finishes the story.

Don't presume to speak for "most Brits", Gash, I don't get angry when foreign people dare sit near me on the bus.
Like I say, I didn't check his post history, maybe I should have.

I get angry when anyone sits near me on a bus, foreign or not. I know what you're saying though.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
What did rsb say? I never saw him and the ban comment didn't link to what he had said. I know it takes a lot to get a ban that says what the comment said... Yosh regularly said things I consider racist but didn't get banned until he said that Apartheid was good in South Africa.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
What did rsb say? I never saw him and the ban comment didn't link to what he had said. I know it takes a lot to get a ban that says what the comment said... Yosh regularly said things I consider racist but didn't get banned until he said that Apartheid was good in South Africa.

Some of his recent posts:

Formative white nationalist extremist book:
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/poli...-and-seize-arms.1554879/page-2#post-259214478

“Globohomo overlords” - alt-right rhetoric:
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/cons...n-is-it-at-this-point.1548597/#post-258987411

Nick Fuentes video, white nationalist/"groyper" leader:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/poli...-and-seize-arms.1554879/page-2#post-259214478

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/cons...n-is-it-at-this-point.1548597/#post-258987411

WOW! Directly referencing The Turner Diaries. And that Twitter video... Smh

Am I reading this right that Nick Fuentes isn't allowed here or something?

I don't know where to ask but was just wondering why the Human Trafficking thread got banned? I just wanted to make sure I didn't violate any rules or anything. I understand it's a heavy subject.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I don't know where to ask but was just wondering why the Human Trafficking thread got banned? I just wanted to make sure I didn't violate any rules or anything. I understand it's a heavy subject.

It’s a heavy subject, yeah, and a rabbit hole we don’t want to take the site through. You didn’t do anything wrong, no worries.

Keihart

I guess i'll post my suggestion here, if it doesn't belong please point me in the right direction EviLore EviLore
So...i got a post deleted with some vague explanation but i can't even see the post anymore.
Maybe add a quote of the post in the commentary or a description of this, i mean, in the spirit of free discourse and all?
Or shame me with and edit on the post, idk. As it is i have nothing to do with the "feedback" on the delete notice because i don't even know to which post it refers to, just the thread.

Feels very shady getting deleted like that.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I guess i'll post my suggestion here, if it doesn't belong please point me in the right direction EviLore EviLore
So...i got a post deleted with some vague explanation but i can't even see the post anymore.
Maybe add a quote of the post in the commentary or a description of this, i mean, in the spirit of free discourse and all?
Or shame me with and edit on the post, idk. As it is i have nothing to do with the "feedback" on the delete notice because i don't even know to which post it refers to, just the thread.

Feels very shady getting deleted like that.

What post/thread?

Thank you Evilore for giving me another chance. I promise I won't fuck it up this time.
I kinda won't be spending 12 hours on gaf like I did in the past. Not that I wouldn't like to, thing is, I'm no longer an office dweller. I'm back on the field with my boys as a proper lineman.
Anyway, it feels really good to be back.

Thank you Evilore for giving me another chance. I promise I won't fuck it up this time.
I kinda won't be spending 12 hours on gaf like I did in the past. Not that I wouldn't like to, thing is, I'm no longer an office dweller. I'm back on the field with my boys as a proper lineman.
Anyway, it feels really good to be back.
Reported for fucking it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom