• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Candy Swap Summer 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

luiztfc

The_Technomancer said:
Yeaaaaaah, I shoulda sent more :( I spent a fair amount of money on the bagged candies at a specialty store though, and I'm not sure if it was worth it.
Glad you're enjoying it though!

Nah, no problem at all.

And not that it matters, but I REALLY enjoyed the bagged candies, so what they may lack in size they sure as hell have in flavour.

So I finally got around to unboxing my tank of a box and took pictures and recorded the whole thing. The video is uploading right now and I'll make a separate post or edit this one with the video link when it's done uploading onto youtube.
A ton of fantastic looking stuff here and it will take me a while to get through everything. Thanks a ton to Nyrad for being a cool candy partner, and also huge props to J. M. Romeo for setting this thing up and getting it to run as smoothly as it did.

Here are the pictures, sorry for the crappy quality I guess, but I don't have a good camera so I used my iPod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojEKe2-n3Q4
Video is here, sorry if I don't sound really excited, I am. I was just tired when I recorded and I've been suffering from jet lag for the past few days.
I figured out what the "stick candy thing" was after further inspection. Beef jerky?

Nyrad

TurbulentTurtle said:
Here are the pictures

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojEKe2-n3Q4
Video is here, sorry if I don't sound really excited, I am. I was just tired when I recorded and I've been suffering from jet lag for the past few days.
I figured out what the "stick candy thing" was after further inspection. Beef jerky?

First - I think nothing slipped out!

It's pretty awesome that you made a video of it :) cool that you like all that chocolate because austria has a lot of good chocolate and its great that most of it was able to suprise you, or was new to you.

The Stick thing really was something like beef jerky. Just to mix things up a little bit. We mostly have pretty classic stuff here. I hope you enjoy your candy just as my girlfriend and i enjoy the stuff you send us.

Stet

Banned
Canada Post is super slow. No candy yet! (My name change even went through during the wait: used to be Crucified.)

The anticipation is palpable!

btothekw

Got my pack few days ago,

Everything looks great, had a good mix of chocolate, cookies, gummies, and hard candies

too bad the kinder egg got crushed while in transit. lots of goodies, cant wait for the diabetes!

2011-08-08_18-26-35_92.jpg

2011-08-08_18-35-26_800.jpg

Cheers felix!

Davedough

JLateralus said:
Thought you guys might be interested in this:

Candy Japan

I haven't tried it yet, but am thinking about signing up...

Hmm... $24 for 2 smallish envelopes. I'm sure there's some unique stuff, but for that price, I'll hit up the nearest asian market. =\

I dont mean to be a Debbie Downer on it, but in the picture she shows as "what you get for your money", one of the bags has 2 items in it. So you get 2 bags for $24 with what looks to be about 5 items of candy.

Mikeside

I'm getting kinda worried that neither of my guys have posted saying they've got their candy yet either...

Got it yet, guys?

Shiv47

Finally found my cable to transfer my picture over. Thanks to Kafel for the massive stash (and the Rabbid!) - some good stuff in here!

IMG_0465-1.jpg

So I never got my candy from user KungFuBill. They got the candy last month when I sent it. I sent a pm earlier this week and I havent heard anything back from them. So I sent a emailed their way. The user was having money trouble and I said It could wait a month. I was really hoping for something....:( I"ll give the user till the end of this week before I give up all hope.

Here's what KungFuBill said about the candy I sent.
Wow, that's a mighty fine box I saw on my desk this morning!! I've been sampling the goods along with some of my colleagues... so far I think I'm the only fan of the tamarind (which I've never tried before). There's been plenty of amusing reactions to the mango/tabasco sweets :)

Also really love the lemonhead balls - they are MUCH sharper than the lemon sweets here!! :) Coton candy also gets a thumbs up - as it's one of my favourite tooth-destroying treats!

The jelly beans are sooo fruity - the bag is now alomst empty after being opened today and my little sister loves Hello Kitty, so thank you for the mashmallow lolly (it'll make her day).

You've sent some awesome stuff - thank you so much!!

I'll get on the case asap, I'm sorry again for the delay - I've been completely messed up the last few days (your box certainly cheered me up a little today). I'll pull through for you. Have no doubt. As soon as I've packed and posted I'll let you know.

Thanks for being so understanding also.

Well, at least they liked the candy.

8BitsAtATime said:
So I never got my candy from user KungFuBill. They got the candy last month when I sent it. I sent a pm earlier this week and I havent heard anything back from them. So I sent a emailed their way. The user was having money trouble and I said It could wait a month. I was really hoping for something....:( I"ll give the user till the end of this week before I give up all hope.

8bits - please don't give up all hope. It should be well on it's way by now. I posted the parcel last Wednesday and you should have had a few emails too - one with a humble apology for taking so long (and being so understanding) and one with the tracking number for your parcel?

If you haven't got those (for who knows WHAT reason), here is the tracking number: LY666264106GB and web address: http://www2.postoffice.co.uk/track-trace. It's saying that the candy is 'overseas' so I'm guessing it cleared Heathrow okay :)

Update: "Your item, posted on 05/09/11 with reference LY666264106GB was delivered in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA on 13/09/11"

Yes, your candy was fantastic! Another HUGE thumbs up here for grape flavour Big League Chew.

Dai101

Banned
Well, it finally came the day i could upload pics of my haul!!!

j7JRK.jpg

That red circle is for you DHL!!! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!

ePFXO.jpg

YaRyH.jpg

The chocolate was great, and also there's no much left by now. Toasty Banana, you're a real pal, thanks for shipping this TWICE

GhaleonEB

Chef Cat said:
How come you haven't got your candy? o_O
Their deadbeat partner probably didn't follow through.

We still have about 1/2 of the haul Hypertrooper sent, and by the time we make much more of a dent on that, Haloween will be upon us, and we'll be drowning in candy again. So if there is a fall swap, I'll skip it and participate again next year.

One suggestion for the next: if possible, we should try to get the moderation/administration to at least enforce participation. So if we end up with another few people who sign up, and then screw people over, there's some kind of enforcement, be it tag or ban or something. Not sure if they want to endorce the swap that way, but it would probably help reduce the number of folks that get stuck with non-participants.

Stet

Banned
2zqzss2.jpg

5k3rlv.jpg

After a huge customs delay and a screw up by my building's concierge, I finally have the sweet, sweet candy! Thanks a ton, InaudibleWhispa, this all looks delicious!

No problem! Just glad it finally arrived safely. Looks like the box has been through the wars! Perhaps the customs guys had to spend a few days contemplating eating it after opening the box, ha ha.

Dai101 said:
Well, it finally came the day i could upload pics of my haul!!!

http://i.imgur.com/j7JRK.jpg[/IMG

That red circle is for you DHL!!! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ePFXO.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YaRyH.jpg[/IMG

The chocolate was great, and also there's no much left by now. Toasty Banana, you're a real pal, thanks for shipping this TWICE[/QUOTE]

Whups, I forgot about this thread. Nice to see it finally arrive.. well half of it at least. I'll think twice before using DHL from now on!

I realized that I never posted about how my stuff was.

In a word: Awesome.

ili0926 was great and even saw me in some of the sc2 threads and got me a noise maker from one of the gsls!

cJU47l.jpg

All the candy was great and it's almost gone now.

8RNIBl.jpg

So thanks again ili0926!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom