• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF continues its steady growth going into 2020

kevm3

Hopefully an active effort continues to keep this from reverting back into the insane communist moderation style of the past and from the forcing of a liberal hivemind

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
An increase in posting activity almost by factor 8? I did not realise it was this much.

As a point of reference, do you still have data how posting activity was pre-17?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
No comparison of course. Pre-17 you post a thread, refresh and now its on page 2
Yeah, I remember, I was just wondering whether it is the same factor as between '18 and now. Because factor 8 is pretty huge.

Lego Boss

Genuine question. Just before the event horizon on GAF a few years ago l was temp banned for offering a different point of view to others on a thread. After being dogpiled l decided to leave, until now.

Is this place better now? Is it better than the echo chamber which broke off from here?

I don’t want to go over old ground, but if it is better now l might come back.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Genuine question. Just before the event horizon on GAF a few years ago l was temp banned for offering a different point of view to others on a thread. After being dogpiled l decided to leave, until now.

Is this place better now? Is it better than the echo chamber which broke off from here?

Different points of view are welcome. Can you handle disagreements without flying off the handle and making assumptions about the "bad faith arguments" of your conversation partner? If you can avoid that, you'll fit in fine.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

All the activist ex-mods are gone and not coming back. The ex-mod who banned you, besada, was one of a handful of ex-mods who grossly abused their power to reshape the forum ideologically circa 2016-2017. I apologize for how you were treated, and none of that will be happening again.

Mista

Banned

All the garbage left thank god. So yes is the only answer to all your questions

Welcome back :)

ZywyPL

Banned
LMFAO I just typed in "Neogaf" in YT to watch that "NeoGAF: A Perfect Little World" documentary from the other thread, and the search results on the first page are fucking hilarious:

-The Beautiful Destruction Of NeoGAF...
-Neogaf is GONE
-NeoGaf is Going Down in Flames
-The Cancer Gaming Community Known as NeoGAF is Gone. Finally!
-Neogaf Is Dead/The Best Of Neogaf
-The Death of NeoGAF & How I Feel About It
-What Really Killed NeoGAF

Granted, all of them are ~2yo, from the times of the infamous sexual harassment case, but that just further proves how damn strong this community is.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Do you enjoy the goblin's dick, cunt? No warning necessary, this shithole will soon implode.

giphy.gif

Lego Boss

All the activist ex-mods are gone and not coming back. The ex-mod who banned you, besada, was one of a handful of ex-mods who grossly abused their power to reshape the forum ideologically circa 2016-2017. I apologize for how you were treated, and none of that will be happening again.
Thank you for that and taking the time to respond and for the personal response. I will certainly come back on the back of that.

Thank you to the others too for your response.

Looking forwards to some proper, informed and reasoned debate.

Cheers.

Ornlu

Banned

I can only offer my own personal experience; however I'd say that regardless of your point of view, you won't be maliciously dogpiled unless you are trolling or posting in bad faith. There can be a dogpile when posters who behave that way continually start their usual script, but I can't think of anything at the moment where someone was unfairly attacked while just expressing a differing point of view.

With that said, I'm sure someone with a point of view that is way, way outside acceptable discourse in modern life should expect to get dunked on.

NickFire

lryhgU5.png

“Let me look at some titties before I go” lol
Gendered neutral comrades, that old place place is full of heathens now. They have pictures of barely covered breasts, and in some cases actual butts without even g strings. It was horrible, and racist, and it made me have wicked and impure thoughts. And none of the mods take chicken nugget breaks. No sweet and sour, no barbecue, no ranch, no nothing. They actually ban on empty stomachs, which is obviously why they suck at their jobs and forget to ban the Nazi's who have taken hold.

nush

Hey Tyler it's BroodG, just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there with the ban. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an Gobbling Dicks Community | OT thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the "sjw" who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?

As a fellow human being, if you're not seeing a therapist already, I urge you to consider it.

I remember the days of old where any differing opinion got you banned without a bat of a lash. I was annoyed with the old mod team but man the old GAF as bad as I thought it was back then is nothing compared to the nonsense that happens on Resetera currently. I'm so glad to be done over there and it just seems like that whole community is going to implode worse than anything that has happened here in the past. In GAF's current state I honestly feel I can say my piece no matter how different or controversial without being pounced on in droves by the masses and still have a decent conversation about it. I genuinely feel like people here are for the most part normal and from different walks of life and that's what I appreciate about here. The other place I feel is a bunch of people in their own protective bubble and the moment you touch slightly on any of their insecurities they come after you like you just killed their newborn. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone over there when I read some of their threads. So dam surreal man.

Corrik

Hey Tyler it's BroodG, just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there with the ban. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an Gobbling Dicks Community | OT thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the "sjw" who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?

As a fellow human being, if you're not seeing a therapist already, I urge you to consider it.
What are you talking about lol

Hey Tyler it's Corrik, just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there with the ban. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an Gobbling Dicks Community | OT thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the "sjw" who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?

Kazza

LMFAO I just typed in "Neogaf" in YT to watch that "NeoGAF: A Perfect Little World" documentary from the other thread, and the search results on the first page are fucking hilarious:

-The Beautiful Destruction Of NeoGAF...
-Neogaf is GONE
-NeoGaf is Going Down in Flames
-The Cancer Gaming Community Known as NeoGAF is Gone. Finally!
-Neogaf Is Dead/The Best Of Neogaf
-The Death of NeoGAF & How I Feel About It
-What Really Killed NeoGAF

Granted, all of them are ~2yo, from the times of the infamous sexual harassment case, but that just further proves how damn strong this community is.

Fast forward to 2023:

-The Beautiful Destruction Of ResetEra...
-ResetEra is GONE
-ResetEra is Going Down in Flames
-The Cancer Gaming Community Known as ResetEra is Gone. Finally!
-ResetEra Is Dead/The Best Of ResetEra
-The Death of ResetEra & How I Feel About It
-What Really Killed ResetEra

Kazza

Great job everyone, great to see the forum in such rude health. I remember when I joined back in Oct 2018 the newly updated threads in the Gaming section barely reached halfway down the first page, there were very few OTs (even for relatively big releases), and much news went unreported. Now, the daily updated threads reach well into page 4, we have people creating beautifully crafted OTs, and every god damn half-arsed rumour and "leak" about terraflops/SSDs/exclusives seems to get its own thread within seconds (as you can tell, I'm a little conflicted on that last one :messenger_tears_of_joy: )

Here's to an even better 2020!

Papa

Banned
Great job everyone, great to see the forum in such rude health. I remember when I joined back in Oct 2018 the newly updated threads in the Gaming section barely reached halfway down the first page, there were very few OTs (even for relatively big releases), and much news went unreported. Now, the daily updated threads reach well into page 4, we have people creating beautifully crafted OTs, and every god damn half-arsed rumour and "leak" about terraflops/SSDs/exclusives seems to get its own thread within seconds (as you can tell, I'm a little conflicted on that last one :messenger_tears_of_joy: )

“rude health” 😂

I like it

ZywyPL

Banned

23c.gif

On a serious note tho, it's entirely up to you how do you want to use/experience Neogaf. I for example get only like 7-9 threads per page, sometimes getting just 3-5 posts per page, I even got a compeltely blank page once, but am I missign something? Absolutely not. You have the tools to filter all the junk and users who create it, you don't have to suck it all up just because it's there.

Last edited:

Kazza

Sounds proper Pommish.

That kind of racist language would probably have gotten you banned on old Neogaf. Nazi!

Levity is critical to my enjoyment. PC culture has strangled so much that it’s almost novel.

Oh no, please don't tell me that "rude health" is un-PC in some way. It's hard to keep up nowadays.

23c.gif

On a serious note tho, it's entirely up to you how do you want to use/experience Neogaf. I for example get only like 7-9 threads per page, sometimes getting just 3-5 posts per page, I even got a compeltely blank page once, but am I missign something? Absolutely not. You have the tools to filter all the junk and users who create it, you don't have to suck it all up just because it's there.

It's cool, I just skim past threads I'm not interested in. It's a small price to pay for an active and healthy forum.

Top Bottom