• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF continues its steady growth going into 2020

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
That kind of racist language would probably have gotten you banned on old Neogaf. Nazi!
Old NeoGAF probably works for Britain’s Tourism Board.

Australians are blunt, often sarcastic and make jokes about `Poms' to be endearing, according to a controversial advice list created by Britain's national tourism body.

"Many Australians can have a very sarcastic manner - this can be a challenge at times to decide if they are serious or not when telling you something," the advice, published on VisitBritain's website, said.

"Humour is always key when talking to Australians. Don't take offence to jokes about 'Poms' - it is more a friendly endearment than an intended insult."

"Remember that they may have not slept for 30 hours and could show signs of intolerance," it said.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
One of the only places I've found online that doesn't breed hate mobs and where you can have a two-sided conversation without bans or people completely losing their shit - usually. And you can even post controversial opinions without having your life ruined. I'm grateful for this place.
Well that's why I came back. Hadn't been on here for a long time then got banned for life from Era for a conversation about last Jedi. It's nice being able to talk without walking on glass so I'm much happier with this place

nush

Old NeoGAF probably works for Britain’s Tourism Board.

You aussies are the soundest cunts in the world. From a very early age my pre school teacher was an Aussie and took a shine to me calling me her little Kookaburra, it's some sort of bird. Anyway, my mum said it was a nice thing and meant she liked me. Every interaction with you guys has been great, I guess the filter is these are the ones that can afford to get on a plane.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
You aussies are the soundest cunts in the world. From a very early age my pre school teacher was an Aussie and took a shine to me calling me her little Kookaburra, it's some sort of bird. Anyway, my mum said it was a nice thing and meant she liked me. Every interaction with you guys has been great, I guess the filter is these are the ones that can afford to get on a plane.
Kookaburra’s slang for ugly cunt.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
WEsKjz4.gif

People who dont fit in over there will come back here. The mods over there are off their heads. I mean like literally, insane.
My friend made a post awhile ago replying to some person who called him an "idiot" for thinking what he did. He replied with something like "who the hell do you think you are to call me an idiot?" The poster replied with "Fuck off" and my mate got the warning for antagonizing other posters. He put a complaint in about being told to "Fuck off" and when he came back in to read the forum he had been banned. Apparently there are a number of people with the gay rainbow colours in their avatar who do and say what they want.

Whitecrow

Banned
People who dont fit in over there will come back here. The mods over there are off their heads. I mean like literally, insane.
My friend made a post awhile ago replying to some person who called him an "idiot" for thinking what he did. He replied with something like "who the hell do you think you are to call me an idiot?" The poster replied with "Fuck off" and my mate got the warning for antagonizing other posters. He put a complaint in about being told to "Fuck off" and when he came back in to read the forum he had been banned. Apparently there are a number of people with the gay rainbow colours in their avatar who do and say what they want.
Sane people are not welcome there.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don’t have that, mine looks different. Are you on iOS?
On my Android I've gotta hit the three dots in the top bar to see the "sidebar" pop up, which has this information.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
On my Android I've gotta hit the three dots in the top bar to see the "sidebar" pop up, which has this information.
That doesn’t work for me either. Maybe it’s because I’m using the older dark theme?

EDIT: Sorry, I’m using “Modern Dark Theme”.

Last edited:

mekes

I know it's not racist. When I lived in Australia I always felt that "pom" and "pommy" was always used affectionately, even when paired with the word "cunt". :messenger_tears_of_joy:

If they switch the order of the words around you are in danger 😂

Bigrx1

Banned

Yeah but they ban to such an insane level that even people who really do fit in there get banned, then they get angry, and then they come here.

I’ve definitely noticed an uptick in ERA type posts lately, especially in some of the Kobe posts and the post about the lady calling them the LA Naggers or whatever. Quite a few ERA type outrage/cancelly posts in those threads.

Bryank75

Banned
I always tend to browse these forums just after waking, before heading to work, and notice this morning that the gaming forum was particularly busy over night. Had to go 4 pages deep to catch up, which I think is as many as I have had to in some time. Way to go folks.

Night-Gaf.... Parti', karamu', fiesta, forever.

Yeah but they ban to such an insane level that even people who really do fit in there get banned, then they get angry, and then they come here.

I’ve definitely noticed an uptick in ERA type posts lately, especially in some of the Kobe posts and the post about the lady calling them the LA Naggers or whatever. Quite a few ERA type outrage/cancelly posts in those threads.

I think it's fine, the key point is the moderation here doesn't side with one or the other, so you can actually discuss things and opinions and different viewpoints.

I have so many people over there that I'd love to have a good discussion with on so many topics, I don't agree with them at all, but am fascinated with how/why they got there.. but you can't do that over there or you're "JAQing off" (Just asking questions). Anything that is perceived to be a threat to the hivemind is dangerous and must be purged.

Ornlu

Banned
Not been on here long but this seems like a broad church of perspectives. I’ve read stuff I disagree with on the left and right (if it needs to be categorised), but people are able to discuss their views instead of being shot down and instantly banned.

*gets instantly banned*

*User banned. Trivializing the oppression of minorities. Enabling neo-Nazis. Long history of infractions.

I think it's fine, the key point is the moderation here doesn't side with one or the other, so you can actually discuss things and opinions and different viewpoints.

I have so many people over there that I'd love to have a good discussion with on so many topics, I don't agree with them at all, but am fascinated with how/why they got there.. but you can't do that over there or you're "JAQing off" (Just asking questions). Anything that is perceived to be a threat to the hivemind is dangerous and must be purged.
True. I joined GAF many years ago when it was really at its peak. My first post was something inane like "Some things the PS3 does better and some things the 360 does better", and bang I was banned. I couldnt believe it. Now when you hear the that the old Gaf mids went to Era, well it totally makes sense.

fatty

True. I joined GAF many years ago when it was really at its peak. My first post was something inane like "Some things the PS3 does better and some things the 360 does better", and bang I was banned. I couldnt believe it. Now when you hear the that the old Gaf mids went to Era, well it totally makes sense.

That was back around 2006ish? I remember things being pretty chill back then, I didn’t think things really started getting bad around 2014 when the gamergate thing started happening.

That was back around 2006ish? I remember things being pretty chill back then, I didn’t think things really started getting bad around 2014 when the gamergate thing started happening.

I joined in 2014, and avoided the gamergate stuff like the plague on gaming side, it didn't seem too bad really. I ventured into OT in 2015/2016, and the lead up to the election was.. something else. Wow!

fatty

I joined in 2014, and avoided the gamergate stuff like the plague on gaming side, it didn't seem too bad really. I ventured into OT in 2015/2016, and the lead up to the election was.. something else. Wow!

Oh yeah, definitely. Election was peak crazy period. People might as well have been jumping off bridges with the reactions posted in here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom