• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Yes Boss! said:
Long wait is finally over! Love the J-360!

P1000135.jpg
I heard the DDP port was bad :(

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
PuppetMaster said:
Already posted this in the Yakuza thread. But I went down to Akihabara yesterday to buy this on launch day.

http://i39.tinypic.com/rub700.jpg

The game itself I was not interested in and sold :D[/QUOTE]

Pick-up of the year!

I got my ASUS 1000 HE netbook today and did a couple (awful) youtube videos that I'm still uploading. I'll post them here tomorrow so we can all laugh :lol. It is really, really weird to talk aloud to nobody in the room.

LiK

SnowWolf said:
Pick-up of the year!

I got my ASUS 1000 HE netbook today and did a couple (awful) youtube videos that I'm still uploading. I'll post them here tomorrow so we can all laugh :lol. It is really, really weird to talk aloud to nobody in the room.

nice, mine comes next week. i got blue

Yes Boss!

_dementia said:
I heard the DDP port was bad :(

Some loading, I guess, from what I've heard. I'm just about to put it in and check it out. I'm a DDP virgin so I doubt I'm gonna find much wrong with it as I've no comparison.

Needless to say, it has been a six-month wait so I'm ecstatic!

ArchAngel

Android18a said:
Forget Killzone 2, it's all about ToLoveRu! Can't get enough of alien anime babes :p It's no Urusei Yatsura but it's a fun series :p What kind of game is this, a regular dating-type game?

I'd go for the gender-switiching girl, myself :p Or Lala herself, she's just cer-azy.:D

I have no PSP (anymore), bought this game just because of the extras :D
I think its just the normal beach dating-sim thing.

zmet

Cart only Super R-Type and a complete Ikari No Yousai (also known as Operation Logic Bomb in the US) for the Super Famicom:
feb13.jpg

Proc

Little Big Planet I hardly knew thee...EBGames Canada let me trade it in and get killzone 2 for $9.99. Thanks to the Canada cag thread, I needed to get this game on the cheaps. I'll grab lbp again when I can get it for cheap so don't hate me lol.

2dm8tvt.jpg

charmed699

Neo Member
Hello everyone and hope you all had a pleasant February full of the usual shopping sprees. I tried to not overspend again after last month but most of these were some killer bargains that I couldnt resist!

First up my favorite Wii game of the year so far and most fun I had on it for a while! The comic is seriously funny and a clever way to introduce the main story. The hand cannon is nowehere to be seen but brilliant new entry in the series. Well it has Varla Guns so it couldn't really go wrong, or as the psycho would say : "Let me give some context boys... I love my Varla"(apologies for attempt at humour)

games_feb1.jpg

In what has started to become some sort of insane routine for the last few months, I have add even more titles to my gameboy advance collection. I was dying to try more Fire Emblem after starting out on Shadow Dragon, so had to get the advance title.

games_feb3.jpg

Another part of the routine above is also getting a lot of gamecube titles that I always wanted to try. It seems I like golden shiny objects too, which is why I sold my previous black case Zelda Windwaker, to get the gold edition.

games_feb4.jpg

In terms of activity games I have gone and bought the rare Mario mix just for being able to try to funny remixes. I also couldn't resist the lure of Universe 2 which was on sale for more than half price of the retails price!

games_feb2.jpg

"A new challenger enters the stage but is temporarily unable to do so"

Got the Collector's edition of the legendary Street Fighter 4 after a hardous 5 day wait. There's a but coming though as the box game slitghly battered so its being send back for a replacement as it's too expensive to just ignore it.The time will come soon though to join everyone... :p

games_feb5.jpg

Finally the best purchase for the whole month and perhaps this year so far that I made! I pre ordered Mega Drive Ultimate collection and to my surprise the postman knocked with a huge package. It was nothing less than the iconic SEGA soundtrack Vinyl so it made my day, and I even asked my mother in case I was day dreaming. It truly takes ages to be this good as the collection is a stellar mix of really addictive games.

games_feb6.jpg

That concludes this month's show but I am sure like many of you next month will be time for an African safari. ;)

Zero Hero

2wcl1m9.jpg

The 360 I got from Dell for $172 shipped after taxes. Manufactured date of 1/9/09 so it's nice and fresh. Getting a 20gb and headset kit tomorrow for $25.

Pezking said:
It's Expedit from IKEA.

Got a slightly smaller version of this myself.

I've got to say, that although Ikea's furniture is of questionable quaility sometimes, their shelving units are great! I'm rocking a similar set at home.

Recon

Banned
Did anyone else have a hard time finding the Street Fighter 4 CE for ps3. I didnt pre-order in time so i have been looking since launch. I finally found one at Best Buy, i guess it was a reserve copy that was never picked up. Yay me.pics later.

Chorazin

RedNumberFive said:
I've got to say, that although Ikea's furniture is of questionable quaility sometimes, their shelving units are great! I'm rocking a similar set at home.

Damn, I think I just found the shelves for my new apt I'm moving too at the end of March.

LiK

Zero Hero said:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2wcl1m9.jpg

The 360 I got from Dell for $172 shipped after taxes. Manufactured date of 1/9/09 so it's nice and fresh. Getting a 20gb and headset kit tomorrow for $25.[/QUOTE]

nice, KZ2 is moving 360 systems :P

Negaiido

0405 said:
It won't be, but it's more of a means to an end than anything else, so I'm fine with it. My real interest is in improving my Japanese and just in living there for a while to see how I like it.

Whats the reason why people just can't get normal jobs in Japan, other then something with english or singing.

Kaibutsu

2eapjjd.jpg

Flowers I bought for my mom, not the cat :)

2eod46q.jpg

Waiting for my buttons from lizardlick :(

339is13.jpg

mhyu8g.jpg

30su2kg.jpg

2817o28.jpg

ilm1w1.jpg

30rveci.jpg

ve2a2r.jpg

wgvyis.jpg

3505cwn.jpg

33dvaj6.jpg

2rnueko.jpg

Hopefully I didn't forget anything.
edit: doh, i knew i forgot some stuff. Not pictured, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (not gonna do all the funky caps) DVD 11, 12, 13. Welcome to the NHK DVD Vol. 6, Spectral Force 3 for the 360, & Afro Samurai Resurrection Blu-ray

Gagaman

charmed699 said:
Finally the best purchase for the whole month and perhaps this year so far that I made! I pre ordered Mega Drive Ultimate collection and to my surprise the postman knocked with a huge package. It was nothing less than the iconic SEGA soundtrack Vinyl so it made my day, and I even asked my mother in case I was day dreaming. It truly takes ages to be this good as the collection is a stellar mix of really addictive games.

games_feb6.jpg

That concludes this month's show but I am sure like many of you next month will be time for an African safari. ;)
So wait, they WERE giving out the Vinyl as a pre-order in the UK too, not just in Australia? Why was I not informed? I would have pre ordered had i known this ;_;

Neo Member
Negaiido said:
Whats the reason why people just can't get normal jobs in Japan, other then something with english or singing.

People can, it's just easier to go the English teaching route for a number of reasons. The main reason, for most people, I think, is that they can apply overseas. I went through the entire hiring process in the US, which allowed me to go through the lengthy application/interview/hiring/visa application phase while still working my normal job in the US.

There's also the fact that it's not the hardest job in the world to get and you don't need insane qualifications. Also, depending on where you work, the vacation time is kind of awesome. I've been at my current company for about 4 years and I get 3 weeks off a year. At this new job, I'm looking at anywhere between 2 and 3 months of time off over the course of my first year(not counting national holidays). The time off is at partial pay, but I'm still happy to get it off.

Also, most people that get these jobs aren't interested in living in Japan permanently. This gives them an opportunity to live somewhere else for a year with a stable, if boring, job. Personally, I'm not sure if I want to stay in Japan permanently or not. Having not lived there before, I can't say one way or another. I probably won't know until I've been there for at least a few months, and at that point I can decide if I want to stay with my company for another year(once my contract is up) or if I want to pursue other avenues of work in Japan.

marwan

Banned
2eod46q.jpg

i wanna get those 360 Madcatz Tournament Sticks, but they're sold out everywhere! do you know an online place that sells them for a reasonable price? sellers on amazon are charging $420 a piece! :(

als whats the difference between the Tourny edition and the regular white madcatz fighting stick?

milkham

charmed699 said:
"A new challenger enters the stage but is temporarily unable to do so"

Got the Collector's edition of the legendary Street Fighter 4 after a hardous 5 day wait. There's a but coming though as the box game slitghly battered so its being send back for a replacement as it's too expensive to just ignore it.The time will come soon though to join everyone... :p

That box looks huge compared the CE we got in america, whats different on the inside?

alba

Little is the new Big
as usual, crappy iphone pic (and it's dark here so)

february.jpg

Killzone 2 thin case, SF4, Sega USB pad and PS3 triggers ;)

milkham

marwan said:
als whats the difference between the Tourny edition and the regular white madcatz fighting stick?

the Tourny edition has a compartment for wire storage, real sanwa JLF joystick and buttons, and a replaceable art panel.

The standard fight stick has madcatz clone parts, some people have trouble with the joystick destroying itself as you use it. the standard one is built so that you can drop in your own sanwa stick and buttons easily though.

OK, first time doing this (sorry for crapy pictures) so I will limit myshelf to gaming goods.

These came to me in February:

Some original Xbox games (Shikigami No Shiro Evolution, of couse, is a Japanese game):

IMG_1887.jpg

Now for some bargain USA Xbox 360 games:

IMG_1889.jpg

And something for my Japanese Xbox 360:

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

Two versions of Every Party cause I want to have the Asian version with English text. Idolm@ster Live for You! is the limited edition version.

And finally my third 360 console arrived (an UK PAL one, so now I can play games from any region :D )

euroxbox.jpg

Top Bottom