• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Games of the Year 2012 Awards

tim.mbp

253. [PC][IOS][AND] Waking Mars (Adventure) = 2 points, 1 honorable mention

It's a great game, more people should play it.

Only one game from my list in the Top 10, and that one was quite low in mine (KI:U). At least ZombiU wins horror GotY followed by Revelaitons.
My #1 is at 12 points :lol (Lone Survivor, now that's an indie game that deserved as much as attention or even more than some of the top stuff in here)

Journey was always going to be one of the first games I'd get with a PS3 or PS4 (if it has bc) whenever it happens.

bitoriginal

Good list. Well done gaf.

A quick hello to my bros!

bitoriginal
1. -Stranger- (117)
2. dragonbane (116)
3. El-Suave (99)
4. Square Triangle (95)
5. sTeLioSco (94)
6. semiconscious (93)
7. Agent White (91)
8. Phoenixazure (90)
9. LoserMakesGood (89)
10. ezekial45 (88)

winstano

That's a mighty fine list. There's some that I've yet to play on there, but Journey is deserving

1. Chip N Chance (128)
2. iNvid02 (110)
2. JehutyRunner (110)
4. El-Suave (109)
5. Deadly Cyclone (96)
6. Arlecchino (93)
7. CambriaRising (92)
7. Minion101 (92)
7. Shorty11857 (92)
10. AleeN634 (91)

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Rhythm Game of the Year: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy = 156 points, 9 honorable mentions

Adventure Game of the Year

5. Katawa Shoujo = 85 points, 4 honorable mentions

loooool @ both of these. Betrayal of the highest order. Sound Voltex should be otoge of the year and KS is just irrelevant. Should have told me we were allowed to include eroge in our votes!

Violet_0

Banned
still need to play ME3/Borderlands 2/Dishonored/The Walking Dead, but it all in all it was a rather weak year for me (hardly played any games either). VLR was a very pleasant surprise and my GOTY. Let's see what 2013 holds for us.

Zia

1. iain (83)
2. Iksenpets (80)
3. CecilRousso (77)
4. Clunker (76)
4. papercamm (76)
6. TheVisualizer (74)
7. Dog Problems (71)
8. ochobit (70)
8. so1337 (70)
8. Zeona (70)

I apologize to all of the above. You'll find a stack of iron-on scarlet letters beside the snack table. Please grab one before you leave. Thank you.

Not sure how I feel about Journey and Walking Dead at the top. Particularly Walking Dead.

Anyway, I was pretty surprised Trials Evolution wasn't in the top 20. Also surprised to see it classified as a "platformer".

Ein Bear

Awesome list this year, GAF never fails.

Massive thanks to timetokill and Cheesemeister for doing the work on this again, it's great to see the community come together.

AniHawk

wow. really surprised to see journey win. it wasn't my favorite game, but it did make the list.

also, good to see xenoblade and virtue's last reward up there. i think the multiplatform aspect of vlr, as well as increased awareness due to 999's success helped it a lot.

only thing that irks me is kid icarus in the top 10. i don't think twd is even a decent game, but it was beaten out by one that had good design choices, so i can't complain. kid icarus though is... yeeesh

thanks to cheesemeister and timetokill for putting this all together.

Tizoc

Top 5 are impressive I gotta say =) Congrats to those games.
Glad to see 3 of the games I voted for made it among the top 5 haha.

...but I'm confused...I thought GAF hated Mass Effect 3?

mxgt

Banned
mxgt
1. Omikaru (171)
2. saveweyard (148)
3. Phoenixazure (130)
4. Maragidyne (126)
4. RealDeadOne (126)
6. anddo0 (115)
7. Maccas (111)
8. Toki767 (109)
9. so1337 (108)
10. Mooreberg (107)

tXe4cru.gif

Wish VLR and P4G were higher, but can't have it all.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
...but I'm confused...I thought GAF hated Mass Effect 3?
It was the sequel to the GAF's GOTY 2010. Placing at only sixth is the same as hating it.
Another example: Uncharted 3 was the sequel to GAF's GOTY 2009. It also placed sixth in its release year.

I don't know what y'all see in Journey.
Maybe if you had finished the 2 hour game you'd know what many people see in it. :p

AniHawk

Xenoblade shouldn't even have been eligible really. :p

it's been like this for years. mgs3 won awards in 2004, 2005, and 2006.

plus what are we supposed to do? only vote for games when they get released in their original region? stuff like fire emblem wouldn't be eligible for 2013 in that case.

Rapstah

What are the numbers on the affinity lists? Shared points? I don't have anyone over 65:

Rapstah
1. CecilRousso (61)
2. Funchameleon (57)
3. timetokill (45)
4. inky (44)
4. mu-chan (44)
6. Guts & Puck (43)
6. RichardAM (43)
8. SailorDaravon (42)
9. Staal (41)
10. vermadas (40)

Do I go full hipster and call this a good thing?

only thing that irks me is kid icarus in the top 10. i don't think twd is even a decent game, but it was beaten out by one that had good design choices, so i can't complain. kid icarus though is... yeeesh

Is this negativity towards KI:U? I'm usually attuned pretty well to your opinions of games, but if you didn't like Kid Icarus then... I don't even know, man.

Top Bottom