• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

Why is everyone so butthurt about the AR15?

If its politics related then everybody should just keep it to themselves. As long as the guy is responsible he can buy whatever he wants.

Its a nice looking carbine either way, good pickup.

Rich!

So we are open to insulting other people's pickups now then? Glad that's settled.

Any advice on getting a Japanese Saturn ? (U.S. here). I want to be able to play all the games that require, or are compatible with, a 1MB/4MB RAM cart, with the least amount of hassle.

Thx in advance.

Well, I'm in the UK - so I had to buy a stepdown power adapter so that I could plug in the 110v saturn into a UK 240v mains socket. You wouldn't have that issue in America. All you need to do is plug it in and play. Bear in mind it will be region locked to Japan only, even with a modchip, unless you use a action replay/region free cart or install a region free bios chip (complicated)

edit: actually, I just found this app that allows you to change the region of a saturn ISO. http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/861/ - I've got a few US games kicking about, so I'll try ripping one later, changing the region, and seeing if the burnt image works on my JP saturn. It should do.

illusionary

Likely my last pickups for June...

First, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Fortissimo Edition. I'm not completely convinced that the extras are worth the price premium, but I'm glad to be keeping up with the Nintendo special editions at least!

kdTxqhx.jpg

Next, Just Cause 3 for PS4. It's a UAE rather than UK copy, but I can live with that when I picked it up for a very nice price.

DLitDu9.jpg

Finally, it's that time of year...

brPUoUU.jpg

Got this display stand off the evil clutches of the customs. It gets through as a lightsaber stand, but put the word "acrylic" and they slap a 20% duty tax. Bleh!

kbpxayYl.jpg

2PTqDwMl.jpg

mZSCB0Hl.jpg

3LXMJhql.jpg

McqbZWBl.jpg

3rQT7WDl.jpg

Was kindly gifted the following by a friend - so thankful, and already put in 4 hours into Stellaris :D. (Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is actually the download for Siege of Dragonspear)

Msajxj3.png

It's even better since Paradox is my favorite publisher and I really enjoy the PGS games, so there's going to be a whole lot of playtime and content to work through, and it is only going to get better as the games get more DLC, free content, and bugfixes.

Plus I'm very interested in World War 2 and have been interested in giving Hearts of Iron 4 a try (after being too intimidated by 3).

Browny

Banned
Well, I actually did forget, hang on

So, as I was trying to understand, is the rule "post anything you bought" or "games and related"?

:)

I think the general idea is that people post anything that you think others will find interesting. Obviously it has its roots in games, and then you get associated gaming goods, and then you go from there...

I understand the rules, not going to criticise the purchase itself, but...

Code:
Show Us Your Gaming Goods

+ MORE.

Hot off the mail! VR Covers for the VR headsets.

Inb4 "those look like underwears". :p

EW2c5ZKl.jpg

nAdLjUIl.jpg

BdZXnR6l.jpg

ixOLty2l.jpg

2ir6eOFl.jpg

OWjbNXUl.jpg

Combo of waterproof and simple cloth covers. And foam replacements as well.

Well, I actually did forget, hang on

So, as I was trying to understand, is the rule "post anything you bought" or "games and related"?

With people's shoe fetishes, I doubt it was ever meant to be just games.

Some of the daily updates are a bit over the top, though.

Decider

Personally I enjoy the non-gaming pickups the most. There is only so many times I can look at a game case and be interested.
How I feel about shoes, coincidentally. I'll concede that pickups threads get boring when everyone's buying the same game, though. I mostly like the odd and unusual games-related stuff that crops up from time to time.

X2X0

My OCD wants to turn the games around so the flaps are not on the front.

I Didn't intend to do so at first but after getting the first one backward by mistake it kinda looked like a new sealed game to me somehow, and decided to keep it and make the rest like that as well.

I Didn't intend to do so at first but after getting the first one backward by mistake it kinda looked like a new sealed game to me somehow, and decided to keep it and make the rest like that as well.
Fair enough. They look great! I have a few for some Vita games myself.

Top Bottom