• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT7| Make friends, then kill them (SIGNUPS OPEN, NEW PLAYERS WELCOME)

Gorlak

Banned
Ouro if they start screaming and drop out of your game like flies, I'll be there for you.

I am your knight in a shining armor.

I am the replacement no one expects to be needed.

I am your "Excitable Third String Quarterback"

cabot

hmmmmmm...

17035187_10211097858394112_1884110214_n.png

Make cake, then lynch eat it.

Burbeting

Banned
Introducing the opening flavor of the coming soon Season 8 game...

tumblr_mhk9k9ZWzZ1qgmnq8o1_500.gif

“Retro-senpai!”

851981ee641f851f66cc89902f8113b1.jpg

“What is it, Burbeting-san?”

d26ad0b439510f45654824185dd6b1f3.gif

“This is horrible! The balance of Gafia Anime Land has been disrespected!”

HPi9b.png

“What do you mean?”

“It’s those awful Gajin-superhero comics! They have infiltrated our peaceful Anime land, and are plotting on destroying us all!”

“Well, Burbeting-san… we just have to fight with all of our might! And prove that our Kawaii-anime is more powerful than some stupid Superhero comics!”

“Yeah!”

So began the greatest battle ever known… at least until the next story arc!

RetroMG

”Retro-senpai!"

”Well, Burbeting-san... we just have to fight with all of our might! And prove that our Kawaii-anime is more powerful than some stupid Superhero comics!"

Which one of my high school friends did you talk to? Because this is a frighteningly accurate impression of me in tenth grade, and someone now has to die.

RetroMG

Can we do Danganronpa 2? I missed the last one and I'm listening to the soundtrack rn and I really want to Mafia this

Well, Danganronpa 3 (based on the anime) just ended about a week or so ago. We can definitely do another Danganronpa based game if someone wants to design it and other players are willing, though.

RetroMG

Outer Gafia is currently unavailable. I am aware of it, and so is the hosting company. I'll give you more information if and when I have it.

Carry on.

EDIT: Back now.

CCS

Banned
I'd vote independence if I had a vote. My mum's said she'll move back to Scotland if they do vote to leave.

Mind you, since I live in England, my vote's slightly biased because I'm in favour of whatever fucks over the government.

acohrs

I'd vote independence if I had a vote. My mum's said she'll move back to Scotland if they do vote to leave.

Mind you, since I live in England, my vote's slightly biased because I'm in favour of whatever fucks over the government.

Don't you technically work for the government? Doesn't that mean more work for you?

CCS

Banned
Don't you technically work for the government? Doesn't that mean more work for you?

Sorta kinda, we're in a slightly fuzzy area but broadly yes.

And it wouldn't actually mean too much more work for us I imagine, certainly would be less work than Brexit :p

acohrs

Sorta kinda, we're in a slightly fuzzy area but broadly yes.

And it wouldn't actually mean too much more work for us I imagine, certainly would be less work than Brexit :p

CCS, did you declare your brother that works in finance when you were first hired?

cabot

OK, who would be up for live mafia?

I know I fucked the last game, but I'll blame that all on Kawlo #shameless

he said he'd co-mod then last minute decided to play, and i was wasted like a motherfuck at that stage resulting in the game bail (he also was on the desktop while I was on the iPad, basically, blame Kawlo. Always.)

I'm looking to host around 11pm UK time. Handy countdown here:

ora_1489791600.png

I'll structure around whos here.

Kawl_USC

OK, who would be up for live mafia?

I know I fucked the last game, but I'll blame that all on Kawlo #shameless

he said he'd co-mod then last minute decided to play, and i was wasted like a motherfuck at that stage resulting in the game bail (he also was on the desktop while I was on the iPad, basically, blame Kawlo. Always.)

I'm looking to host around 11pm UK time. Handy countdown here:

ora_1489791600.png

I'll structure around whos here.

You demanded that I play you fucking wank. #Never forget.

RetroMG

OK, Gafia, let's talk for a moment.

We have five games submitted for Season 8.
Two of them are fairly normal. Good, right? I think so.
The other three are... well. Less normal. Nothing that's clearly against the main season standard, no Tanners, Kings, or Mediums, but we are talking about Role Madness. We're talking about new and surprising twists and turns. And yes, whatever the hell Crab is up to.
So here is my question to you: For one season and one season only, would you be okay with a little bit of crazy getting mixed into your Gafia?
The discussion so far, from Discord, is that IF we do this, we would make sure that the crazier games are clearly marked as such.
There is also the discussion of recruitment, since main season is when we typically try to reach out for new players.

What are your thoughts?

If we do run with the less conventional setups, I feel like we should guarantee at least one of the normal games will run, and ensure that the people who do want a standard game don't get allocated one of the crazier ones.

RetroMG

If we do run with the less conventional setups, I feel like we should guarantee at least one of the normal games will run, and ensure that the people who do want a standard game don't get allocated one of the crazier ones.

Yes, sorry, I neglected to put this in my original post. We're not going to run three crazy games. At least one will be normal. We have also discussed locking in the two normal games and letting people vote for the third. But, again, what are your thoughts?

Sophia

I have no qualms with running a role madness game as long as it's explicitly clear what such a game actually involves. Even a "balanced" role madness game is swingy by nature.

Top Bottom