• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

Finally got my hands on a n3DS. Been wanting one since it was announced ages ago, but finally Nintendo released a bundle I wanted. Got new faceplates for it too, which look amazing. Love the smaller sized system. Not pictured is the dock I also got for the system.

ay0XdiK.jpg

nqts6YM.jpg

I have those Majora's Mask faceplates, you have made a fine choice, they look awesome.

Some recent pickups, most of which arrived while I was away in Scottsdale, AZ this past weekend.

First of all, the main reason why I was in Scottsdale, was to participate in my 3rd Giant Race, which netted me not only the Scottsdale Giant Race medal, but also the "Three Bagger" award:
206A0098-2802-4276-BA19-411C5EE8DF78_zpsnkmckygj.jpg

Next, can't attend Spring Training weekend without catching a game and picking up a new hat:
F86471F3-940C-49D1-936A-422D4551D625_zpsfygsurbh.jpg

While away, a couple of packages arrived, one of which was my MegaHouse D-Spec Metal Gear Rex. It also comes with some minifigs of both Solid and Liquid Snake:
P1030352_zpsnguldjkz.jpg

P1030353_zpsk6tvb4ec.jpg

Best Buy shipped my copy of Twilight Princess HD, which also came with the Wolf Link amiibo:
P1030355_zps4ox6kskn.jpg

P1030356_zpskihhwmjh.jpg

The Square-Enix store also shipped my copy of the KH 1.5 & 2.5 HD CE soundtracks:
P1030363_zps3jggmhbz.jpg

P1030364_zpsjfptevek.jpg

Just arrived is my Splatoon! t-shirt (with bonus bag and pin) courtesy of The King of Games:
P1030365_zpstwkpjc8u.jpg

Front:
P1030367_zpsmtf72ggn.jpg

Back:
P1030372_zpsvvugbrwg.jpg

Bag & Pin:
P1030368_zps8jomk2re.jpg

Bonus newspaper from Kyoto:
P1030369_zpsqkd0ehf0.jpg

Finally, just a game and movie I managed to pickup from Best Buy:
P1030360_zps6fpmhcig.jpg

P1030362_zps1ohmwlpt.jpg

Finally, I just wanted to wish MarkMan the best of luck with his new job with the EVO crew and can't wait to see what he does next!

marcincz

What's we've here:

Kindle for comparision box size.

Inside box:

I haven't any idea what to do with this tremendous box. :)

eXistor

Zelda Twilight Princess HD guide (that makes the third time I bought the damn thing in some form or another).

Also a nice deal on Diablo on PSX, €3,-. It's in very good condition too, only the front part of the case is a bit beat up as you can see, but nothing that I can't replace.

0UknjBv.jpg

torpet

Neo Member
Zelda Twilight Princess HD guide (that makes the third time I bought the damn thing in some form or another).

Also a nice deal on Diablo on PSX, €3,-. It's in very good condition too, only the front part of the case is a bit beat up as you can see, but nothing that I can't replace.

0UknjBv.jpg

Diablo on PSX, boy that takes me back.

AdanVC

Decided to begin the journey to oil painting so I bought my first set of oils:

paint1xlpdx.jpg

My first test after messing around with them for a few hours. A boring potato
applehxpgq.jpg

Goliath

Some recent pickups, most of which arrived while I was away in Scottsdale, AZ this past weekend.

While away, a couple of packages arrived, one of which was my MegaHouse D-Spec Metal Gear Rex. It also comes with some minifigs of both Solid and Liquid Snake:
P1030352_zpsnguldjkz.jpg

P1030353_zpsk6tvb4ec.jpg

Finally, I just wanted to wish MarkMan the best of luck with his new job with the EVO crew and can't wait to see what he does next!

Hey, what do you think of the Metal Geat Rex D Spec? Can you show any pics of it unboxed or next to something to show scale. I wanna get one next month.

Hey, what do you think of the Metal Geat Rex D Spec? Can you show any pics of it unboxed or next to something to show scale. I wanna get one next month.

Sure, I'll take some pics when I get home and post them here.

Edit: As promised. Salary-chu is 7.25 inches tall while my old iPhone 5S is 4 inches tall for reference.

7F95032D-1E53-4C17-BBC0-B56AB2955847_zps2bb2ixr7.jpg

71C80316-465B-4E33-BD39-EA49E3395F58_zpshnsxu1na.jpg

1F6D6F43-20A2-4272-9D33-CDB5A131A96A_zpsqhvgzvwp.jpg

Goliath

Sure, I'll take some pics when I get home and post them here.

Edit: As promised. Salary-chu is 7.25 inches tall while my old iPhone 5S is 4 inches tall for reference.

7F95032D-1E53-4C17-BBC0-B56AB2955847_zps2bb2ixr7.jpg

71C80316-465B-4E33-BD39-EA49E3395F58_zpshnsxu1na.jpg

1F6D6F43-20A2-4272-9D33-CDB5A131A96A_zpsqhvgzvwp.jpg

Thanks! I love Salary-chu as well, lol. Are u happy with the D Spec quality? Any complaints? Where did u buy urs?

Thanks! I love Salary-chu as well, lol. Are u happy with the D Spec quality? Any complaints? Where did u buy urs?

Thanks and the quality is kinda like a high-quality action figure as there's a good weight and sturdiness to Rex itself while both Solid and Liquid are surprisingly detailed; you can also swap out Solid's socom "arm" for just his regular arm if you prefer. Makes a nice desk ornament though easy enough to display as it has a stand for Rex.

One complaint is that getting Liquid into the cockpit is annoying, due to how tiny the figures are. Also making Rex pose is also a pain since most of the joints don't really move (the feet in particular).

Got mine off AmiAmi and overall, I really do like it as it's nice having a tiny version of Rex versus the 3A model or the Kotobukiya model.

Justinh

Got the Zelda Collector's Edition disc for Gamecube. I've had a copy since it came out, but lost the case and manual since I did that dumb thing like... everyone used to do and carried all my games in a cd case type thing for a while. I'm sure you didn't do that, though.
Left is what I've had my old copy in for a while, right is my new copy.

Sooo, I didn't get all of these discs this month, but this'll be easier for me so bear with me here.
I got the three orange box sets since those episodes seem to be expensive to collect and like... 20 or 30 of the other DBZ discs so now I have every episode of DBZ on DVD (and if you DOoooo).
Still gotta get my Bardock DVD back from my dad.
Oh! I also got Raiden V in this pic, that deserves its own picture, so I'll edit that in later.

Regret time: I thought these things looked cool on Play-Asia' website. Well, they're not cool. I don't like them at all. One's a N3DS front Plate with a Game & Watch themed clock stuck on it, and I got the LL case because I didn't have a normal N3DS yet. That thing's just as uncool. I don't like them; that'll teach me to buy things too quickly while on the internet, right?

Too late for that, though. I got a Surface Pro 2 because it was a Newegg Daily Deal Shell Shocker thingy... whatever it's called - it was on sale. I bought it because I've wanted a Surface Pro 2 for a while and the last time I checked (which was actually some months ago) they were still pretty expensive, so I thought at 350-ish=deal!
Didn't notice the reflection till I saw the picture on my PC. You don't need to see my dumb face...

Unfortunately I didn't check Amazon before I bought it. It's a 64 GB model, which I thought was fine. Amazon had 128 GB models for like 370 with prime shipping. Shit...
I like it a lot, but it bothers me a little. I could return it probably, but I'd have to pay for shipping, and I'm really lazy.
I'd like to echo this, if I may...

illusionary

My Twilight Princess amiibo bundle arrived promptly, followed by the Collector's Edition guide yesterday. I think I ought to find time to do a closer comparison for myself between this version of the guide and its original publication... but it's Zelda, so is essential for the collection

As for the game, it's just as fantastic as I knew the it would be.

V3NHRrb.jpg

Aside from that, my original two DualShocks have started dying, so I picked up a couple of replacements - in colour this time:

ETJrvjG.jpg

I´ve been following the pick-up threads for quite some time, but never posted anything myself. Some people may think this thread only serves for bragging but I see it as a source or inspiration for things that I might be interested in picking up myself one day.

There were many times where I´ve seen anything in here that I didn´t even know existed.
Anyway, those are my pick-ups February-March 2016:

I found the Catherine Love Is Over Edition sealed for $50 on Ebay. Catherine is one of my all time favorite games so I had to get it.

The Last of US Steelbook

Bloodborne The Old Hunters Guide.

Mushi-Shi The Complete Collection. I bought this from a GAFer over at the BST thread. I'm not a huge anime watcher but there´s something special about this series.

I love the Souls games and so I figured I'd give one of From's previous titles a go. This game's gotten kinda pricey but I was able to get this one for about $20 shipped.

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne.

My biggest pick up this month is a great condition copy of Suikoden II.

And finallt a couple more PS1 games.

Elginer

The Division PS4

Pre-ordered Stories on PSN (NOT PICTURED)

Voucher to redeem my Disney World Annual pass (which I plan to this Saturday)

New Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. Decent enough for now.

TheGamer

My Corvette Z06 diecast model by BBR models came and I'm really happy with it.

Also got these few games this past week:

I got this from Kickstarter. I never played EVE, but after reading some of this book, it makes me want to start diving into it. I'm really enjoying the stories and the author does a well job in describing the drama and intensity of the battles and politics in the game. I highly recommend others read it:

Got this several weeks ago, but got the fire emblem special edition
DSCN2470.jpg

Also got a new guitar amp and cab. Its a mesa boogie mark 5 25, with a 1x12 slant cab.
DSCN2476.jpg

Exquisik

I finally caved and joined the PC Master Race. Recently fried my laptop MOBO, so I needed a new PC. Couldn't wait for Pascal and figured my current build would last me at least a few years before I need to upgrade.

KiraXD

Decided to begin the journey to oil painting so I bought my first set of oils:

paint1xlpdx.jpg

My first test after messing around with them for a few hours. A boring potato
applehxpgq.jpg

ugh... i hate oils. personally perfer watercolors > acrylic > pencil > digital > oil
looks great though dude... heres my first (and last) Oil Painting. XD
lol.
10oM5EH.png

Heres my watercolors though

Anyway on topic.. My wife picked this up for me last night... thought id have to wait until at least after Uncharted 4 to get this!
5P7vhf9.jpg

Ecto311

P5MJ5RBl.jpg

Heeler x Border Collie
She seems like she will fit in. Doesn't cry when rough housed and likes to chase the goddamn cat so she is great in my book
BntzqzCl.jpg

Got this with the game at target. You can get a preorder for $1 of any game then they lower the price of the division by 30% and cartwheel gets it down another 10% so almost half price with a thumb drive.

Got 2X Uncharted 4 controllers, and after the Digital Foundry video about swapping for Xbox One sticks the other day, I ordered sets of aluminum Xbox One analog sticks that also came with metallic dpads. They look and feel snazzy, but I did wreck one of my 20th Anniversary controllers on my first go -- snapped one of the shoulder buttons placing the unit back together. :(

Do these say Uncharted anywhere on them? I'm debating whether I should get one of these or the 20th Anniversary model, but don't want to get this if it has any reference to Uncharted.

Do these say Uncharted anywhere on them? I'm debating whether I should get one of these or the 20th Anniversary model, but don't want to get this if it has any reference to Uncharted.

No, there are zero logos or anything pointing to being Uncharted-related at all. They are the gray-blue color with the black back, plain and simple. I think they look fantastic, and personally they're second only to the steel black ones in Japan and Asia in my eyes.

Top Bottom