• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some stuff before the end of the month.

2009maypickup01.jpg

Beard Papa's, Demons Souls, inFamous, and the SF and Vexille Blu-Rays. Plus a little stand for my laptop.

2009maypickup02.jpg

I got me a man bag and military jacket on sale at the GAP.

2009maypickup03.jpg

Got me a second pair of Zoom Kobe IVs. God these kicks are so awesome.

IMG_3099.jpg

Got this plus four boxes of Rice Krispies Treats cereal (haven't seen the stuff since the Mario 64 promo in '96) offa Amazon like over a week ago but have been too lazy to take a shot.

bjscott05

donkey show said:
Very nice kicks.

I have been wanting a pair of Kobe's since Jan, just haven't bit the bullet yet. Should have bought the Carpe's when they first came out :(

By the way do the POP Kobe's only come with the laces that are in your picture?

MortalMonkey said:
LOLbron shoes

image2hrf.jpg

=P

bjscott05 said:
Very nice kicks.

I have been wanting a pair of Kobe's since Jan, just haven't bit the bullet yet. Should have bought the Carpe's when they first came out :(

By the way do the POP Kobe's only come with the laces that are in your picture?
Thanks man. As for the laces, I think so. You might want to check out NikeID if they give you a choice on the lace pattern. That's where I got my first pair in the back.

I think I'll grab a third pair from NikeID when the Lake show take the finals. :D

bjscott05

donkey show said:
Thanks man. As for the laces, I think so. You might want to check out NikeID if they give you a choice on the lace pattern. That's where I got my first pair in the back.

I think I'll grab a third pair from NikeID when the Lake show take the finals. :D

One more question... do Kobe's run true to size? I wear a 11.5 in my air max wright and was wondering if I would be ok ordering ZK4s in the same size.

bjscott05 said:
One more question... do Kobe's run true to size? I wear a 11.5 in my air max wright and was wondering if I would be ok ordering ZK4s in the same size.
They've been pretty consistent with all my other Nike shoes (x-trainers galore) in my size 8's so I'd say you're pretty well off.

cjdunn

More money than sense but it's awesome. Okay, that's not true, I have neither.
may0509.jpg

may0609.jpg

Finally found a DS that is neither pink nor cheap plastic.
may0709.jpg

may0809.jpg

I blame Rebel FM Game Club for increasing my pile of shame.
may0909.jpg

Varna

cjdunn said:
More money than sense but it's awesome. Okay, that's not true, I have neither.
may0509.jpg

Honestly. All the crap and they couldn't toss in a Blu-ray copy of the original Terminator. What a joke.

Watched it? Is the transfer any better then the other T2 Blu-ray? If so I will buy too. :(

Gagaman

Why does that T2 set need six discs anyway? Oh, hang on, the extras discs are DVDs? Hmm.

Either way that terminator in the photo looks really happy with his big toothy grin. maybe it's just the angle or the lighting making the gnashers stick out. :lol

AppleBlade

I went video-game shopping . . . .
img1506j.jpg

I probably won't be buying any games until the holidays, with these 3 to keep me busy in addition to Mirror's Edge which I haven't played yet and Dead Space which I am about half-way through and Little Big Planet which I've only scratched the surface of yet I have enough quality gaming to last me until the Fall.

2po9jb4.jpg
1zwers8.jpg

UFC I liked more than I had anticipated.
Infamous is alright.

grap3fruitman said:
IMG_3099.jpg

Got this plus four boxes of Rice Krispies Treats cereal (haven't seen the stuff since the Mario 64 promo in '96) offa Amazon like over a week ago but have been too lazy to take a shot.
Oh Freakazoid! I remember liking that back in the olden days as it was completely stupid. Was never released on DVD here though apparently.

MrVargas said:
I went video-game shopping . . . .
img1506j.jpg

I probably won't be buying any games until the holidays, with these 3 to keep me busy in addition to Mirror's Edge which I haven't played yet and Dead Space which I am about half-way through and Little Big Planet which I've only scratched the surface of yet I have enough quality gaming to last me until the Fall.

Sorry to criticize, but...

WHY?

No one needs to be buying Game Guides in this day and age, unless they were free or close to free... $20 for a book that explains how to play the thing that you just spent $60 (or even more ridiculous, $30) on really doesn't make any sense to me. But to each their own.

I just don't understand why they even make them anymore with the internet, and with how high the prices are. at a $5 impulse buy price point, okay, but they're pushing 1/3 of the game's price on these things these days.

And yes I did buy the Fallout 3 guide but that's because I'm an absolute Fallout nut.

Ecto311

SonOfABeep said:

WHY?

No one needs to be buying Game Guides in this day and age, unless they were free or close to free... $20 for a book that explains how to play the thing that you just spent $60 (or even more ridiculous, $30) on really doesn't make any sense to me. But to each their own.

I just don't understand why they even make them anymore with the internet, and with how high the prices are. at a $5 impulse buy price point, okay, but they're pushing 1/3 of the game's price on these things these days.

And yes I did buy the Fallout 3 guide but that's because I'm an absolute Fallout nut.

I buy guides for most of the games that I am really into. Sometimes the manuals suck and the guide is like a mega-manual. I also don't want to be tethered to my computer to figure out something that has me stumped. There has been quite a few times that I get more enjoyment out of the guide then the game.

AppleBlade

SonOfABeep said:

WHY?

I can't quite put my finger on it but I enjoy a game more when I have the guide. I love looking at the full color maps and love checking out the tables and charts and as Ecto311 pointed out I prefer having a guide handy when I am stumped as opposed to having to run to my computer and hunt through some huge text file at gamefaqs as I try to find the answer to my issue. As for prices, I agree, I wish they were a bit cheaper. That Far Cry 2 guide though was 1 cent despite the 19.99 price sticker on it. The others were a bit cheaper then $20 dollars because you do get a discount at Gamestop when you buy the guide with the game.

nny

...didn't know this game wouldn't be named Rhythm Heaven in Europe:

DSC04496.jpg

R Squared said:
Dear GAFfer,

I'm on the very edge of buying one. Push me. Hard.

Thank you.

It's a very nice machine. Do it.

marwan said:
my head just exploded! why on earth would anyone buy SF the movie on bluray? unless you're into bad cheesy movies!
How dare you! SF is by far one of the most quotable movies ever... LIKE LIGHTING!!! :lol

donkey show said:
2009maypickup03.jpg

Nice. My brother has some of the Carpe Diems. Very nice shoe and comfortable. I've spent a few hours trying to make myself some customs on Nike ID and just can't settle on a scheme. I'll have to keep working on it.

ravien56

R Squared said:
Dear GAFfer,

I'm on the very edge of buying one. Push me. Hard.

Thank you.
I got a msi wind, has 160gb and upgraded it to 2gigs of ram. its pretty fucking sweet but the battery life is just terrible for the wind, you get used to the keyboarrd asap though. to the guy with the eee, have they cracked windows 7 so it doesnt expire? i wanna put it on this thing but if it expires, kinda no point.

Ninja Scooter said:
Nice. My brother has some of the Carpe Diems. Very nice shoe and comfortable. I've spent a few hours trying to make myself some customs on Nike ID and just can't settle on a scheme. I'll have to keep working on it.
Nice. I think there's more padding in my custom NikeIDs versus the other Kobe's in-store from what I've experienced. Regardless, they're definitely worth it. The shitty part about ordering them is the month long wait. =(

donkey show said:
Nice. I think there's more padding in my custom NikeIDs versus the other Kobe's in-store from what I've experienced. Regardless, they're definitely worth it. The shitty part about ordering them is the month long wait. =(

damn didn't even think about the wait. I better get cracking if i want the things for summer. Was going to just buy some of the white/yellows from the store but you can't find them anywhere, and i'd rather just order since my ideal size is 12.5 and you can't ever get that size in store.

AwRy108

May09-Pick-ups01.jpg

May09-Pick-ups03.jpg

...I need to stop visiting CAG...

Found this at a yard sale for $1.00 (complete, in average condition, discs are in great shape):
May09-Pick-ups04.jpg

element

2e1u0jb.jpg

SF4
MLB The Show 2009
GTA: Chinatown Wars
Simple Planet Walkers (only $20!!)
Note: Dog was already here.

DCharlie

Banned
4618307700_1a367f9aa5.jpg

The Board is 3 Wonders :)
4617693149_c6eec66b6e.jpg

Cave Matsuri Cork Deathsmile coasters turned up - Ketsui hold all, Ketsui cap, posters, DDP DOJ Iphone cover, etc etc still to arive.
4617691811_7fa42bd443.jpg

D4->21 Pin RGB convertor so i can save some cash on some PCBs and play X360 via the Sony Profeel monitor
4617692409_d55e54c844.jpg

Graffitti style Mario Painting by "The Arcade Artist" to add to the collection
4618305872_71eb556bfd.jpg

2TB storage space to use for dumping things from my old PC for use on the new MBP.

JMizzlin

omg :lol

I just started this thread, thinking it was the '10 edition. Was wondering why the hell everyone was buying Infamous :lol :lol :lol

lqd

Neo Member
Hey guys, why the hell are you buying InFamous when Sony is giving it for free?

I can't believe one thread get necro bumped twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom