• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF PlayStation Trophy Thread | 2016 Edition

Joni

It's cross save, where is the second Platinum!

It is really just clicking a Mayo jar? I just can't bring myself to buying it.

EDIT : and just re-read your post, so it was bought on a secondary account...

EDIT 2 : I'm still a couple away, but I am trying to work out what I want my 100th Platinum to be... feel like it should be something notable, but also not...
Indeed. Without second accounts on the vita I can only get one.

daevv

Got the email thanking me for getting the platinum in Battlefield 1.....I haven't got the platinum yet. One trophy away, finish the SP on hard. Guess that counts as close enough for Sony. :)

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i want to platinum shadow of the colossus but holy shit is hard as fuck, i'm doing time trials on normal and the third colossus is a nightmare. This is gonna take some skill.

Smokey

Platinum #4 Overall, but I believe #1 in 2016 - Titanfall 2

Could be done in a single play through on Master, but I beat the game on Hard first. Master wasn't as difficult as i was expecting, just have to take cover more than Hard. But fuck that "...Becomes the Master" trophy. Respawn can kick rocks for making it a Bronze.

Got the My Name is Mayo Platinum, took 28 minutes. Partway through I discovered you could tap both the x button and the touchpad together to double click to make it go even faster.

Robot Pants

Finally sat down and decided to get the final few trophies in hotline Miami 2.
- A+ all missions
- Beat on Hard mode

Took some doing but it's fine. I love this game

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Platinum #58 - World of Final Fantasy, 13th platinum for this year

72 hours to platinum. There are a several annoying elements such as the mini games having RNG elements and extreme grinding moments (15 hours worth of grinding).

Kurtofan

So right now :

-Playing RE6, the platinum for this one seems okay, if a bit grindy (the name of the platinum is boring though "Resident Evil 6 Platinum Trophy" come on!

- I picked up Batman Arkham Knight again... mostly missing the ar challenges trophies.... I remember why I dropped it long ago lol

-I bought FF Type Zero on a whim, hope it's good!

Consumer

Finally hit 99 plats today.

A few months ago I made an oath of sorts, vowing that I'd make Super Meat Boy my #100th platinum. There was a point where I wrote off the game as "impossible" and "out-of-reach", so in an attempt to overcome that defeatist mindset, I decided I'd make SMB #100 and refuse to get any more plats until it's finished (even it that means quitting). I want to prove to myself (and others) that any plat is doable with enough commitment, since SMB is regarded as one of the hardest.

And so it begins.

Anyway, melodramatic posts and chauvinistic trophy goals aside, my last 3 plats were:

#97 Trine 2 (PS3) -- Got carried by a friend; only experienced about 30 mins of actual gameplay. It was neat, but not something I'd play without trophies. The online MP connectivity was atrocious and we kept lagging + disconnecting.

#98 Deus Ex: Human Revolution -- Much more fun than I anticipated. Loved the player agency offered in all aspects of the game. But I was also filled with anxiety the whole time, worried about Foxiest and Pacifist popping. Thankfully they did!

#99 My Name is Mayo (PS4) -- Yup, I did it again. Still just as shameless. I actually used a macro software (Ghost Control) and PC share play to do this automatically without getting sore thumbs.

Hey all, just a heads up - up to you guys about making a new topic.

Earlier in the thread, a poster said that the Adventure Time Vita game is now 99 cents.

Turns out that Falling Skies and the Cartoon Network XL fighting game on PS3 are the same price as well. Seems to be the new price for each item; hope that doesn't mean they're discontinued soon.

The idea for us trophy hunters is that for the CNXL - there is a triple plat:

1. USA Disc
2. EU Disc/digital
3. USA Digital

So, I'd get them while they're up...

Does anyone EU PS3 owner know if the game is 99 cents on the other side of the pond?

score01

Just finished platinuming Everyone's gone to the rapture. Did Sherlock Holmes on PS3 before that. Now onto the deadly tower of monsters...

mstevens

Platinum #56 - God Eater Resurrection

Platinum #57 - God Eater 2 Rage Burst

I never really got into the monster hunting genre until I tried out Freedom Wars. I enjoyed it alright I guess, but it didn't make me want to try others. Since then, I've gotten way into Souls games and I have a new appreciation for methodical, rewarding combat and boss fights and I am definitely interested in trying out Monster Hunter if it comes to the Switch.

Until then, I figured I'd try out the God Eater series since GER was only $20.

I really liked most of the aspects of these games. The combat was fun, upgrading was simple (much more simple than Freedom Wars), and luckily found a bunch of people to play the game with. I think the grind would have been a lot slower and more boring if I had played only single player. I did a long sword / sniper build and really liked it.

I jumped right into God Eater 2 Rage Burst, which was a mistake in hindsight because I got a little burnt out.. especially since there are way more missions in the God Eater 2 story (especially several step survival missions). For this play through I did a scythe / blast gun combo.

I would definitely say that this series did a better job of getting me to enjoy the genre more so than Freedom Wars. I'll definitely play another one of these games if it ever comes out.

Up next: I'm planning on trying Dragon's Dogma, so hopefully either that, Steins;Gate or Odin Sphere Leifthrasir should be next.

benzopil

First time I see a thread like this lol. Add me please: http://psnprofiles.com/benzopil

Got my platinum #73 today -- Watch Dogs 2. Amazing game, terrible trophies. Hijack a bus? Buy a shirt? WTF is this? It's easy I guess, but they could add something much more interesting.

LordofPwn

Over the weekend i finally platinumed World of Final Fantasy. #37 total, #15 for the year.

My backlog is huge and FFXV will be here for me tomorrow. i hope to get XV plat, and maybe 1 other game. January i'll start chipping away at the ol backlog

So right now :

-Playing RE6, the platinum for this one seems okay, if a bit grindy (the name of the platinum is boring though "Resident Evil 6 Platinum Trophy" come on!

- I picked up Batman Arkham Knight again... mostly missing the ar challenges trophies.... I remember why I dropped it long ago lol

-I bought FF Type Zero on a whim, hope it's good!

A tip for RE6:

If you need to farm skill points quickly, replay Jake's chapter 4-3 on No Hope difficulty over and over again. When you go to the next area and the game saves, quit. 15-18K skill points in less than 5 minutes.

Kurtofan

A tip for RE6:

If you need to farm skill points quickly, replay Jake's chapter 4-3 on No Hope difficulty over and over again. When you go to the next area and the game saves, quit. 15-18K skill points in less than 5 minutes.

Thanks! good type as that skills trophy looks pretty grindy.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Just finally counted and I have 17 plats on the year.hoping to finish up at 20 if everything falls in place.
Nearly halfway done with no man's sky trophies
Will be looking at finishing bf1 and possibly one more to bring the total up. Meanwhile Mafia 3 seems to be actively trying to screw me with the 5 headshot trophy.

I've been running through some indie games that I've had on my backlog.

I 100% The Fall the other night, and I'm working my way through child of Light at the moment.

Fisty

I think I've met my match as far as Platinums go, I just can't do it

Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer is an absolute bag of dicks and it is truly reprehensible that Rockstar never fixed it. It is completely unplayable, too much crap to even list. This game was HUGE and they just said fuck it, keep selling multiplayer DLC but don't bother fixing the actual multiplayer?

daevv

40 platinum trophies this year. Most in any year for me. Helps my wife is switching careers and in hardcore study mode so I hide out in the Mancave being quite and playing PS4. Sitting at 134 now. Will be a busy last month of the year for me so I may not get another one. Will pick away at the Skyrim trophies and continue to play Battlefield 1 (already have plat) with friends.

netguy503

Very easy to platinum, no miss-able content.

Well yes there is. If you don't fight a boss on normal (i. e. if you are doing a easy play through) you miss a gold trophy. I assume this boss is pretty far in the game bc I haven't encountered it yet so if I was playing this on easy (which I wouldn't but it is a option for players) and didn't know about that trophy before I went on my plat run I'd be kicking myself as I would probably have to redo HOURS of content. Just be warned that there is miss-able trophy in the list.

JSoup

Banned
Well yes there is. If you don't fight a boss on normal (i. e. if you are doing a easy play through) you miss a gold trophy. I assume this boss is pretty far in the game bc I haven't encountered it yet so if I was playing this on easy (which I wouldn't but it is a option for players) and didn't know about that trophy before I went on my plat run I'd be kicking myself as I would probably have to redo HOURS of content. Just be warned that there is miss-able trophy in the list.

You can redo that fight after you finish the main game and change difficulty on the fly at will. There is no miss-able content.

sphinx

the piano man
Very easy to platinum, no miss-able content.

looking good,

but there's nothing I dislike more in this whole platinum thing than having a platinum and an incomplete % bar for a game thanks to DLCs

is it known what are going to be all of the other trophies for the DLCs?? or do we have to wait?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
60th platinum: Final Fantasy XV

Only 1.30% of those who bought the game got the platinum of FFXV.

Then again, I got the platinum in less than a week so it's fast lol.

Kurtofan

Tenth platinum trophy! SHOVEL JUSTICE!

for Shovel Knight! one of my favorite games of all time, the recent trailer for the specter knight campaign made me double dip and I decided to platinum it, love this freaking game!

The hurry up! trophy was quite tough, I finished the games in 1 hours and 23 minutes.

I only got 8 plats last month, sadly. Was aiming for 11. I got Titanfall 2, Deadly tower of monsters, Dishonored 2, Tropico 5, Fry Cry Primal, Watch dogs 2, Life is strange and Battlefield 1.

This month I'm aiming for, Final Fantasy 15, The last Guardian, R&C, Invisible Inc, Stories, Game of Thrones, Killing Floor 2, and Everybodys gone to rapture.

Returners

I only got 8 plats last month, sadly. Was aiming for 11. I got Titanfall 2, Deadly tower of monsters, Dishonored 2, Tropico 5, Fry Cry Primal, Watch dogs 2, Life is strange and Battlefield 1.

This month I'm aiming for, Final Fantasy 15, The last Guardian, R&C, Invisible Inc, Stories, Game of Thrones, Killing Floor 2, and Everybodys gone to rapture.

DAYUM.

sphinx

the piano man
Tenth platinum trophy! SHOVEL JUSTICE!

for Shovel Knight! one of my favorite games of all time, the recent trailer for the specter knight campaign made me double dip and I decided to platinum it, love this freaking game!

The hurry up! trophy was quite tough, I finished the games in 1 hours and 23 minutes.

I have this for 3DS and if the trophies are like the challenges there, I am not touching that on my PS4 with a ten-foot pole,

the definition of stupid and annoying.

there was shit like "beat the game without ever dying" or similar, fuck that.

Kurtofan

I have this for 3DS and if the trophies are like the challenges there, I am not touching that on my PS4 with a ten-foot pole,

the definition of stupid and annoying.

there was shit like "beat the game without ever dying" or similar, fuck that.

It's not so bad, you can just quit to the map and it doesn't register your deaths. you do have to do the levels without checkpoints though

Top Bottom