• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF PlayStation Trophy Thread | 2016 Edition

sphinx

the piano man
I remember asking for a quick platinum, someone suggested Ratchet and Clank....

that's a quick platinum?? really?

I just finished the first playthrough, now I have to grind weapons, health and just play the whole damn game again, which in itself isn't as short as people are claiming.

I really really like the game, very polished and creative but it's not what I was looking for.

JSoup

Banned

I just finished the first playthrough, now I have to grind weapons, health and just play the whole damn game again, which in itself isn't as short as people are claiming.

I really really like the game, very polished and creative but it's not what I was looking for.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "fast".
Like, 25 hours fast, like Ratchet & Clank and several RPGS?
Or 2 hours fast, like Teslagrad?

It is a fast Platinum as far as full games go.
First playthrough is like 15 hours then you need 1-2 more at maybe 4 hours each. That's nothing.

Joni

You don't need a full anymore, just need the grind spots.

PES 2017 trial version has trophies? Anyways, a cool promotion. I wish EU or NA would have it too.

Yup, it's quite cool. Still PS plus is getting worst so I won't resub unless I win some big bonus that they give out time to time. I renewed only because I have some PSN credit I won from them and noting I want to buy on PSN. For any one interested I downloaded the 3 on 3 freestyle BB game and got some easy bronze trophies and called it a day.

xuchu

[Stories: Path of Destinies] plat #41 - Charming and quirky game but, man, the grind was real.

JEV2K1M.png

Joni

Platinum #153 - Color Guardians. It is fairly annoying that the Credits trophy is glitched on PlayStation Vita, but it was luckily easy to get on console.

sphinx

the piano man
I guess it depends on what you mean by "fast".
Like, 25 hours fast, like Ratchet & Clank and several RPGS?
Or 2 hours fast, like Teslagrad?

First playthrough is like 15 hours then you need 1-2 more at maybe 4 hours each. That's nothing.

You don't need a full anymore, just need the grind spots.

I just hope challenge mode doesn't take very long.

maybe it's more the perception than the reality and the game is indeed short, I guess I am a burnt out on the whole grinding for trophies thing.

coisou

Neo Member
Yup, it's quite cool. Still PS plus is getting worst so I won't resub unless I win some big bonus that they give out time to time. I renewed only because I have some PSN credit I won from them and noting I want to buy on PSN. For any one interested I downloaded the 3 on 3 freestyle BB game and got some easy bronze trophies and called it a day.

I downloaded the EU trial version and it didn't have trophies.

Umm, no. That's nowhere near a fast platinum. There are loads of games that takes about 10 hours to platinum, and few gems that you can platinum in 1 or 2 hours. My Name is Mayo and Teslagrad (if you're skillfull) for example.

netguy503

I downloaded the EU trial version and it didn't have trophies.

Umm, no. That's nowhere near a fast platinum. There are loads of games that takes about 10 hours to platinum, and few gems that you can platinum in 1 or 2 hours. My Name is Mayo and Teslagrad (if you're skillfull) for example.

My Name is Mayo! Gem!?! hmmm........

I know...
That's why I said full game. Compared to other big franchises, the latest Ratchet and Clank is a fast and easy Platinum.

ghibli99

Damn, some of you be crazy! LOL

Only got my 4th platinum ever, FF15 on Friday. Others are Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank, and Severed.

coisou

Neo Member
I know...
That's why I said full game. Compared to other big franchises, the latest Ratchet and Clank is a fast and easy Platinum.

Granted Ratchet and Clank is easy (and a good game) but it isn't even a full prized game and there is still loads of 10-15 hours to platinum full games. But if the guy who was asking wanted a good game then sure, Ratchet was a good pick.

desmax

Got the Color Guardians platinum yesterday. Up to 55 plats now.

Pretty good year for me; managed 18 platinum's in just this one

sphinx

the piano man
I got the Ratchet and Clank Platinum, yeah it wasn't that bad, it took a bit of time grinding the weapons but I made the mistake of doing that in the wrong spot. That one boss (Snagglebeast? forgot the name) ups your weapon levels in minutes, whereas the Skidd McMarks method would take hours.

Nice game

so I am free to start another game so I need to ask again.

Could you guys educate me about the worst, most annoying, most grinding, most unsatisfying trophies in FFX?? is it that bad? is there anything that will take me, say, weeks to do?

SxP

Platinum #41: Dragon Quest Builders

Very easy, though a little time consuming if you do the speed runs on separate play throughs so you can enjoy your first time round. Though, in hindsight, Chapter 3 and 4 (especially 4) could easily be done the first time if you don't die too often.

Joni

Could you guys educate me about the worst, most annoying, most grinding, most unsatisfying trophies in FFX?? is it that bad? is there anything that will take me, say, weeks to do?

Complete the Sphere Grid for every character. The Ultimate Weapons related Trophies might scare you off, requires about 10 hours of Blitzball and an under 0.00 Chocobo race. The Monster Catcher was fun, but can be grindy and for the Dark Aeons you really need Yojimbo in good standing.

sphinx

the piano man
Complete the Sphere Grid for every character. The Ultimate Weapons related Trophies might scare you off, requires about 10 hours of Blitzball and an under 0.00 Chocobo race. The Monster Catcher was fun, but can be grindy and for the Dark Aeons you really need Yojimbo in good standing.

for someone who hasn't played the game at all, is this a work of several months?? I can only play 1 or 2 hours every night...

Joni

for someone who hasn't played the game at all, is this a work of several months?? I can only play 1 or 2 hours every night...

PlayStation Trophies estimates it at a 90-120 hour Platinum. I loved and finished it back on the PlayStation 2, used a walkthrough to not miss a thing as there is a missable trophy, had experience with all the minigames. I managed to do in just less than 90 hours.

sphinx

the piano man
PlayStation Trophies estimates it at a 90-120 hour Platinum. I loved and finished it back on the PlayStation 2, used a walkthrough to not miss a thing as there is a missable trophy, had experience with all the minigames. I managed to do in just less than 90 hours.

from my experience, all my trophies have taken a bit loner than those estimates by PST.org

I think I'll let it be.... I can play 3 or 4 smaller games in those 150 hours it will surely take me.

Just bought The Bunker in the EU sale. It's a 2-3 hours platinum with a difficulty of 1/10. Guess that'll be my 24th plat this weekend.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-bunker/296236-bunker-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

hey this sounds just about right for me, thanks for posting about it.

LancePrime

Neo Member
going to attempt to finally get the Destiny Platinum this weekend, giving me platinum number 65 as the last platinum of this year.

Just need to get the flawless raider trophy so I'll be trying to flawless Crota's End with some friends.

Btw thanks for the Telsagrad mention above. I guess it was cross buy on plus and I didn't even know it had a plat.

#75 Batman: A Telltale Series

Great game, actually. Would rank as my third favorite TT game under TWD and TftB. Probably the best story from a video game Batman adaptation.

#76 Ratchet and Clank (2016)

Since Telsagrad is gonna take more than an hour, I guess I'll wrap up the month at 11 plats.

#77 Everybody's gone to the Rapture

#78 My Name is Mayo

#79 Virgina

Platinum #36: Final Fantasy XV

Gladiolus survival skill took the longest, ugh. Ran for days just to have it increment a little bit.

Joni

Saw you guys squabbling over "quick plats" lol, so here's 25 games that take 0-5 hours to platinum (list is in description).

And there are always these threads:
PS4: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...-collected-ps4-trophy-difficulty-ratings.html
PS3: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...-collected-ps3-trophy-difficulty-ratings.html
VITA: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...collected-vita-trophy-difficulty-ratings.html

Are we making a new thread for 2017 or just renaming this one?

A new thread is best. Otherwise there is a risk of being moved to Community.

coisou

Neo Member
Since Telsagrad is gonna take more than an hour, I guess I'll wrap up the month at 11 plats.

Yeah Teslagrad is very short but not so easy, it needs skills with some hard to get collectibles. Actually all trophies in it are about collectibles, you don't even need to finish the game to get platinum. That's rare.

Consumer

A new thread is best. Otherwise there is a risk of being moved to Community.

I wanted to ask if you guys made any 2017 trophy goals (I'll just ask here since Oggob seems to be pretty busy for the time being).

Personally I just want to target 150 plats, hit top 400 on CA PSNP leaderboard, and plat a few series (like Uncharted, R&C, Killzone, Crysis, LBP, & Far Cry).

Joni

Goals are level 40 which is easily achieved as I'm already 38 and 175 Platinums, so again about twice a month.
For specific Platinum: God of War Ascension to complete God of War series, finally finish up that last remaining LEGO game that I don't have Platinum but I do have Trophies for, and maybe do Prince of Persia Epilogue.

sphinx

the piano man
I wanted to ask if you guys made any 2017 trophy goals.

I never owned a PS3 or Vita, so I started collecting trophies with the PS4 in January 2015 but I've been on and off with the console, sometimes I don't touch the console over several months due to work so I only have like 7 Platinums so far,

this last week I decided to come up with a playing "schedule" for 2017. my games list looks like

1) Ether One
2) Odin Sphere - Leifdrasir
3) Darksiders Remastered
4) Last Guardian
5) God of War 3 remastered
6) Until Dawn

and I think that's realistically all the trophies I am going to get, probably less...work is going to be very demanding around October

I'd love to platinum games like FFX, FFXV, but I don't have time for that sort of rpgs anymore,

FF:Type-0 for example, took me half a year to complete 100% (cause I am a completionist, I not only go for the trophies in RPGs). a much waste of time...

bpfd

Platinum #83 - Virginia

It was alright I guess. Heard a lot of good things about it, but it really didn't ever grab a hold of me.

Platinum #84 - Oxenfree

This game on the other hand was enjoyable. What a wonderful game. Everything in it was exceptional to me, especially the soundtrack. I didn't mind having to play multiple times to get the plat and may even give it another play through once my backlog thins out.

Platinum #85 - Shantae and the Pirates Curse

Here is another game that I really enjoyed. I wish I would have bought Risky's Revenge while it was on sale as well. Next time.

I wanted to ask if you guys made any 2017 trophy goals (I'll just ask here since Oggob seems to be pretty busy for the time being).

My goal for this year is to get to 100 plats. A little over 1 a month. Should be reachable.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Technically Stories: Path of Destinies is an incredibly easy platinum, but having to get every ending has stopped me in my tracks. Since you're constantly replaying the same stages and you can't upgrade your weapons anymore, I gave up. Each run is only like 40 minutes long, but doing this like 20 times... nope. Too bad because I got everything else.

Now attempting plat for Color Guardians. Only thing left is beating the final boss without dying and EZPZ, which looks trickier than I first thought. But this one will be less time-consuming and boring than Stories, seems doable. There's something weird with the final boss though: in older yt vids his very final phase looks easier than what we're getting now. In the vids he spams bombs way less.

JSoup

Banned
Technically Stories: Path of Destinies is an incredibly easy platinum, but having to get every ending has stopped me in my tracks. Since you're constantly replaying the same stages and you can't upgrade your weapons anymore, I gave up. Each run is only like 40 minutes long, but doing this like 20 times... nope. Too bad because I got everything else.

It's the type of thing you should space out over a week or two, if you can't stand to do it all in one go.

Joni

Now attempting plat for Color Guardians. Only thing left is beating the final boss without dying and EZPZ, which looks trickier than I first thought. But this one will be less time-consuming and boring than Stories, seems doable. There's something weird with the final boss though: in older yt vids his very final phase looks easier than what we're getting now. In the vids he spams bombs way less.

It might be related to the game difficulty. The old version had one difficulty, hard. He might have been easier there to compensate for the rest of the game. But I just did the boss on vita. You can see what he throws if you press the home button.

Anyone got any tips for Watch_Dogs 2 'One of the Gang'? It's the trophy to complete 5 Dedsec events which appear randomly.

I've only seen one in my whole play-through and I'm just driving round the post-game now and nothing's appearing.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It might be related to the game difficulty. The old version had one difficulty, hard. He might have been easier there to compensate for the rest of the game. But I just did the boss on vita. You can see what he throws if you press the home button.

Yeah I've been trying this trick. For the very last phase I'll need to pause, pick up the bomb, immediately throw, then hope for a pattern where I can get a hit in. The amount of triple purple bombs is insane in that last phase.

Anyone got any tips for Watch_Dogs 2 'One of the Gang'? It's the trophy to complete 5 Dedsec events which appear randomly.

I've only seen one in my whole play-through and I'm just driving round the post-game now and nothing's appearing.

It's random, but apparently there's a bigger chance of one appearing if you're doing co-op. I got some of mine in sp too though.

Top Bottom