• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Pokémon League | There are 18 badges in GAF; Gary Oak has 20

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
GG Daedalos42. That misclick on Ice Beam cost me the second game (was meant to use Acid Spray).

I was wondering why you used Ice Beam on my Charizard. If you had taken it out, I probably would have lost, since my Metagross was crippled by burn, and you probably wouldn't have Mega Evolved your Gengar, which would have allowed you to negate my Earthquakes and take out my last Pokemon easily.

KiraFA37

UltimateIke aka Bret has broken through the invincible shields of the steel gym to claim the Shield Badge, congratulations!

Wichu

I was wondering why you used Ice Beam on my Charizard. If you had taken it out, I probably would have lost, since my Metagross was crippled by burn, and you probably wouldn't have Mega Evolved your Gengar, which would have allowed you to negate my Earthquakes and take out my last Pokemon easily.

Yeah, that was the plan! Good luck with the rest of the Gyms nevertheless - if you saved the Battle Videos and want me to put them up, let me know :)

I spent more time breeding for shinies than battling so my skills are very much non-existent. I'll try my hand at this officially when I get beter (lol)

macklelol

Daedalos42 defeated me 2-0, earning the Normal Badge. Congrats!

On a side note, it really felt that RNG was against me in that second battle. Never knew that Will-o-Wisp had perfect accuracy :p

Boogiepop

I was also unable to stop the runaway train known as UltimateIke. He won out 2-0 over my gym, earning himself the Ancient Badge!

A battle for the ages, Deadalos42. FOR THE AGES.

Edit: Battle Videos are up. I think I can say with some confidence that these are some of the most edge of your set battles I've seen in awhile. I won't even spoil who won. GGs Deadalos, you are a bad ass.
1-2, Gym Leader wins

GXUG-WWWW-WWW6-8Y88

P3XG-WWWW-WWW6-8Y8D

LHVW-WWWW-WWW6-8Y8K

That freezehax on the second and last games. :p I don't think I've ever had both Pokemon frozen by a Blizzard before.

I'm confident that I had the win on the second battle without the freeze hax. The last battle though... my goodness. Rematching you is going to be scary.

And yes, I'm spoilering in case someone wants to watch without knowing who wins. lol.

PBalfredo

UltimateIke, you gotta start posting videos, man. You're tearing it through the league and it's all happening in the dark. We wanna watch the carnage :)

JulianImp

I've won against PBalfredo, defending my Swarm Badge. That last game was a seriously close one that hinged on both of us missing key moves!

Your Sableye's amazingly annoying, but aren't you running Recover on it? It being a non-attack move means you could've tanked an extra Thunder to maximize my chances of hitting myself, and I'd say attempting the Taunt first wasn't such a good idea, since I knew I had to take it out before it confused me, and Sticky Web wouldn't have affected Charizard, while Gastrodon was slow enough that it wouldn't even care about the speed drop.

Replays are as follows:
7CJG-WWWW-WWW6-8ACR (game 1)
3PMW-WWWW-WWW6-8Y86 (game 2)

KiraFA37

I'm confident that I had the win on the second battle without the freeze hax. The last battle though... my goodness. Rematching you is going to be scary.

And yes, I'm spoilering in case someone wants to watch without knowing who wins. lol.

Need to see but I don't have the VS recorder yet in this playthrough...

Kasumin

Lost 2-1 to Wichu. Good matches. Will have to think over my team a bit for the future, I suppose.

Edit: And this means I can change out two Pokemon on my team, right?

fek

Won CrimsonN0's challenge, 2-1. Amazing matches, your team is very nice. Looking forward for your next challenge.

Usobuko

Banned
Won CrimsonN0's challenge, 2-1. Amazing matches, your team is very nice. Looking forward for your next challenge.

If it's amazing, did you save the videos? There might be Match of the Week implemented and since Crimson uses a monotype bug team, he had some excellent matches against other gyms too.

Boogiepop

Congrats to Daedalos42 for conquering the Rock gym and earning the Ancient Badge (2-1). The Rock Gym is also closed for the night while I think over how to improve my build. I may upload a video or two later, as well.

PBalfredo

I've won against PBalfredo, defending my Swarm Badge. That last game was a seriously close one that hinged on both of us missing key moves!

Your Sableye's amazingly annoying, but aren't you running Recover on it? It being a non-attack move means you could've tanked an extra Thunder to maximize my chances of hitting myself, and I'd say attempting the Taunt first wasn't such a good idea, since I knew I had to take it out before it confused me, and Sticky Web wouldn't have affected Charizard, while Gastrodon was slow enough that it wouldn't even care about the speed drop.

Replays are as follows:
7CJG-WWWW-WWW6-8ACR (game 1)
3PMW-WWWW-WWW6-8Y86 (game 2)

Yeah the taunt wasn't a good idea. I'm just programmed enough by my own Galvantula that when I saw one in the lead, my first thought was "Sticky Web!". I forgot it didn't effect Charizard.

My Sableye exists in a constant state of flux. I'm constantly shifting around his moves to fit around the four-move limit. Up til right before the league, he was running Substitute instead of Taunt. I got Will-o-Wisp on him since he's the only prankster who can run that. Confuse Ray helps protect my team by giving me a 50% chance of shutting down a opponent each turn they're confused. He has Foul Play to let him deal damage to physical powerhouses and avoid being completely shut down by a Taunt. And Taunt itself to stop set ups.

That's where he is at right now, but I'm always toying with how to make him better. Recover could be useful and his EVs are geared towards survivability since he's not using his own speed or attack stat most of the time. But I'm not sure what I would swap out for it. Thing might shake up since I'm currently training up other pranksters to play around with. I got my new Liepard I used against Kira that has Thunder Wave and Taunt and is built for speed. I'm also training up a male Meowstic too. Since people were offering to help with breeding earlier, if anyone can help me with an Encore Prankster Whimsicott, that would be great.

Battling against you is tough because I need Sableye for both taunting your Volcarona before it Quiver Dances and burning your Pinsir, but you obviously don't make that easy for me.

Kasumin

Those were some of the best battles I've had in a while. Some excellent play on both our sides IMO :)

Yeah, those matches were really intense. I look forward to the rematch (in 4 days, I believe?). I seem to have a penchant for losing to poison type gym leaders...

fek

If it's amazing, did you save the videos? There might be Match of the Week implemented and since Crimson uses a monotype bug team, he had some excellent matches against other gyms too.
Here you go:
TNMG-WWWW-WWW6-8YRE
PQXG-WWWW-WWW6-8YRM
A29W-WWWW-WWW6-8YRZ

CrimsonN0

Yeah, GG.
If only I didn't get Paralyzed, though.
Heracross could've Earthquaked at the end of the 2nd game and offed Mega Manectric and Raichu.
And I think a +1 Bug Buzz could kill Mega Manectric during the 3rd.

If only Illumise got Safeguard.

SeZMehK

Yeah the taunt wasn't a good idea. I'm just programmed enough by my own Galvantula that when I saw one in the lead, my first thought was "Sticky Web!". I forgot it didn't effect Charizard.

My Sableye exists in a constant state of flux. I'm constantly shifting around his moves to fit around the four-move limit. Up til right before the league, he was running Substitute instead of Taunt. I got Will-o-Wisp on him since he's the only prankster who can run that. Confuse Ray helps protect my team by giving me a 50% chance of shutting down a opponent each turn they're confused. He has Foul Play to let him deal damage to physical powerhouses and avoid being completely shut down by a Taunt. And Taunt itself to stop set ups.

That's where he is at right now, but I'm always toying with how to make him better. Recover could be useful and his EVs are geared towards survivability since he's not using his own speed or attack stat most of the time. But I'm not sure what I would swap out for it. Thing might shake up since I'm currently training up other pranksters to play around with. I got my new Liepard I used against Kira that has Thunder Wave and Taunt and is built for speed. I'm also training up a male Meowstic too. Since people were offering to help with breeding earlier, if anyone can help me with an Encore Prankster Whimsicott, that would be great.

Battling against you is tough because I need Sableye for both taunting your Volcarona before it Quiver Dances and burning your Pinsir, but you obviously don't make that easy for me.

You're in luck, since I have a couple of rejects with encore. Do you want a male/female? Are we friends yet?

Haunted

I'm indifferent towards the Pokemon games, but this is a really neat idea.

Kudos for thinking of this and organising this cool little challenge for other GAFers!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I just realised that I forgot to put an item on my Togekiss in my last gym challenge. .-.

That explains how it got taken down so easily.

Wichu

We've had a little confusion concerning rules for non-standard formats, so I've revamped the rules section of the OP to make things clearer.

Previously it was unclear whether e.g. "Flat Singles" used the Sleep Clause from "Smogon Singles", or the lack of one from "Flat Doubles" (the correct answer is yes, it uses the Sleep Clause). I've separated the banlists ("Smogon" and "Flat") from the clauses specific to singles/doubles.

Usobuko

Banned
Gym leaders, if you came across any interesting matches and want to promote it for Match(es) of the Week, let it be known. Either through the former IRC channel ( rizon ) or post it here. You can recommend as many as you want since it's likely categories ( say Bronze/Silver/Gold ) will be used for them.

Gym leaders, if you came across any interesting matches and want to promote it for Match(es) of the Week, let it be known. Either through the former IRC channel ( rizon ) or post it here. You can recommend as many as you want since it's likely categories ( say Bronze/Silver/Gold ) will be used for them.

I would like to promote the three I did today. I already posted them. They kind of need to all be watched (in order) to be really appreciated.

GXUG-WWWW-WWW6-8Y88 (Pretty close game.)

P3XG-WWWW-WWW6-8Y8D (Kind of lulz worthy, let's just say great minds think a like.)

LHVW-WWWW-WWW6-8Y8K (Really close game, hax? maybe...)

Aggrotek

Hmmmm I might join this. It seems like fun. :D

nFSebim.gif

Top Bottom