• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Pokémon League | There are 18 badges in GAF; Gary Oak has 20

Boogiepop

Okay, yeah, something just came up and tomorrow just became super, incredibly busy for me. Considering I'm also going to need to revise my team anyway, I'd say the Rock gym will probably (unfortunately) be down for the next few days. Sorry!

Also, for when I reopen, I'm also down for multibattles now.

Quest1

On a random note. The dragon gym is open for the next hour. Any leaders wanna monotype battle if there aren't any challengers?

SeZMehK

Congratulations to Ike for besting me 2-1. He is the proud owner of the Nymph Badge. He is on a winning streak! Who will be the lucky gym leader to end that streak?!

Congratulations to Ike for besting me 2-1. He is the proud owner of the Nymph Badge. He is on a winning streak! Who will be the lucky gym leader to end that streak?!

Thanks for the battles! They are probably my favorite set so far. I really put a lot of thought into ways of stopping Klefki, so I'm glad it worked out.

Has it been about three days? I think you can get your rematch. You've been on a tear. Hopefully, I can end that streak :)

I have my last NuggetBridge match in a bit, but after, definitely

I might have to wait a few days to try you again. Beating your team is going to take some special planning with my current setup. :p

Quest1

Good games! You definitely wrecked my shit. Had a couple of strong guys my team struggles against.

With this win you've earned the Meteor Badge and, if you want, a 5iv naive Gible. Good luck on the rest of your challenges!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Good games! You definitely wrecked my shit. Had a couple of strong guys my team struggles against.

With this win you've earned the Meteor Badge and, if you want, a 5iv naive Gible. Good luck on the rest of your challenges!

I already have a bred Garchomp, so I don't need it.

That was a fun battle. I didn't even get to use my secret weapon! Your Goodra was probably the hardest to beat, though, since I didn't want to bring out my secret weapon so early in the game. If I switched into it, you would have probably destroyed it with a Draco Meteor. Stealth Rock worked really well for me, since it renders Dragonite's ability useless. Well worth giving up a spot, especially since you had to drop your Charizard's health down to kill it. Charizard would have been a huge threat otherwise.

6 gyms down, 12 to go! :D

CrimsonN0

Hmm, SeZMehK if you're still on how about a 4v4 Doubles challenge?

And if you're not, any 6v6 Singles Gyms on?

EDIT: Not a single person is on?

Shun

For newer players who don't have 5IV-6IV competitive Pokemon who still want to battle and win badges, Gym Leaders could give the option to use Little Cup teams to even out the playing field.

I might make a Little Cup team just for newer players who want to get into the Pokemon metagame.

PS. Grass Gym is going to open tomorrow, I'll post when I'm ready to take challenges!

Let's see who can earn an Azalea badge.

MicH

I am also open for challenges for the next three hours. Hit me up if you want a chance to get the Typhoon badge!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
The Water Type Gym has been successfully defended. GGs, Daedalos. That Gastrodon was a huge liability.

Yeah, I figured I could switch into it when you use a Water move, but it ended up being pretty useless since you had Ludicolo. Metagross probably wasn't a great choice, either. It might had gone better if I bothered to switch out its item for Assault Vest.

The Water Gym has once again been successfully defended! GGs Crimson, that Agility in the final game cost you everything. I was doing everything in my power to keep Sticky Web off the field, lol.

CrimsonN0

The Water Gym has once again been successfully defended! GGs Crimson, that Agility in the final game cost you everything. I was doing everything in my power to keep Sticky Web off the field, lol.

Yeah, right as I pressed Agility, I was like...wait Kabutops gets Aqua Jet right?
If not for that Leavanny could have outsped all those Swift Swim pokemon.

Then I at the end, I was thinking I could still win since Galvantula survived with 1HP and Kingdra was Paralyzed, somehow completely forgetting the Toxic Spikes you set up.

The Water Gym is closed for the day. Come back tomorrow!

W409NrE.jpg

Wazzy

Banned
I think I'll do my first gym battle tonight(if of course a gym leader is online) since I'll have some free time. This is going to be fun.

Aggrotek

Have i challenged you yet? If not, then i challenge you.

What is your FC?

I was planning to challenge you, but I watched the Battle Videos of your battle with PBalfredo and now I'm scared of your team. :p

Its changed a bit since then. ;)

As a 3ds-less Pokemon fan, I would love it the occasional battle got slid over to Youtube. ;)

Awesome idea guys.

I will be recording some at the end of the month. I am getting a new phone and a tripod. I will be putting them up on my YouTube channel.

JulianImp

I'll be able to battle in about half an hour. My current player queue is Nbz, UltimateIke and Daedalos42. If anyone else wants to join the queue, let me know through PM and I'll see if I can fit your battles today as well.

Whoever remains on my to-battle list after I call it a day, I'll ask that you wait until the weekend, since it's very likely I won't be able to battle tomorrow.

Top Bottom