• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf Rock/Indie/Alt Music Thread (RockGAF?)

faridmon

Yeah, the last two are more expansive in scope with featuring long tracks, more emphasis on instrumental takes and generally have a lot more depth in terms of lyrics. But I do find, while the first two are more simplistic, the Lo-fi of it made it look like they were going noisier later in their career considering the fact that the band started as a solo project.

In other news, Ought front man (Tim Darcy) has a solo album out in February

tim-darcy-saturday-night-album.jpg

Video: Tall Glass of Water
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbgPiAGspB8

pieface

Anyone going to Rock Wertcher next year?

Line up is looking very strong so far, and Alt-J to be announced today :D

Going for the first time next year and it's looking good so far.

Steamlord

Yeah, I enjoyed Living Hour. Need to relisten to it though to see how it ranks for the year overall. I've listened to so much good music this year I could honestly do a top 200 list but fuck that.

By the way, this has to be the twee-est album of the year, right? Does anything else even come close?

lord quas

Has anyone listened to the new Lambchop-album? It took me a while to get into it with the vocoder and whatnot, but I'm really enjoying it. Seeing them live next year.

NIV

Steamlord

I don't mean to sound pretentious, but it kind of surprises me that a band as good as Daughter are as popular as they are. A popular band that deserves its popularity? Unheard of!

Linius

Field Day 2016 Line-Up (One day only this year!)

Would go there for Slowdive!

Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Jon Hopkins, King Gizzard, Moderat, Mura Masa, Nicolas Jaar, Omar Souleyman, Slowdive and Whitney. That's great stuff. Hopefully we'll see some of that go to Best Kept as well.

faridmon

That pretty much confirms new slowdive album for next year right ?

I believe they did confirmed that it was done and dusted, just waiting for the label they are in (or whoever is responsible for such as that) to announce a release date.
Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Jon Hopkins, King Gizzard, Moderat, Mura Masa, Nicolas Jaar, Omar Souleyman, Slowdive and Whitney. That's great stuff. Hopefully we'll see some of that go to Best Kept as well.

Include Methyl Ethel, Death Grips, Haelos, Kevin Morby, Fatima Yamaha and Flamingods to the exciting names I wold love to see as well.

Great Lineup so far.

King_Moc

Banned
Seeing TRAAMS and Girl Band tonight. Very hyped. But also very tired, and driving to London and back for it.

Speaking of the Jesus and Mary Chain, their new single is being played on the radio for the first time tonight. Their tour should be on sale shortly. I did see them last time round, but they're great so am definitely going again.

faridmon

Not enjoying the new albums by Radio Dept. and Teenage Fanclub at all.

Not my style I guess and that is why I really don't like the 90s music.

Shame because I really loved the newest Spoon album and thought they would scratch the same itch.

Futureman

has there been an official AOTY thread created yet?

I think there was an informal "List your 5 favs" or something. Maybe I missed an official one.

HiResDes

I can't believe I just found this Jay Som record now, it's been out for a year, if you didn't personally recommend this after knowing my tastes I despise you...So many wasted months I could have been on my 30th listen by now

faridmon

Its actually out for around a year but was recently picked up by Polyvinyl and got a physical release.

Its a bit too Lo-Fi for my taste but I am excited for her next release since she did say that it will have a better production this time around.

Servbot24

Banned
has there been an official AOTY thread created yet?

I think there was an informal "List your 5 favs" or something. Maybe I missed an official one.

I was gonna make one, not sure if people are still interested though since we've had a couple similar threads already

Yes someone please post the GAF top 10 albums thread. I have 7 of my 10 picks nailed down. Just need to order them and pick the bottom 3 to round out my list

So apparently Arctic Monkeys are back in Sheffield recording a new album. 2017 is gonna be insane.

It's probably reading too much into it but a back to their roots record in the vain of 'Whatever People Say I am... ' would be awesome now Alex is a much better song writer.

faridmon

A bit Late, but Happy new year Indie/Alt-GAF

2016 was a great year for me (62 gigs in total and 3 festivals) Hope 2017 is as good!

Lender

Ffs, been waiting to see Bon Iver for 6 years now, and just before the start of his European tour the entire tour got cancelled. :(

Ffs, been waiting to see Bon Iver for 6 years now, and just before the start of his European tour the entire tour got cancelled. :(

Booked flights to Frankfurt literally on Monday to see him :/

I have tickets for Forbidden Fruit in June to see him so it's not all bad but this is the second artist in 3 months I had tickets to that cancelled :) :) :)

Linius

New Spoon album titled Hot Thoughts confirmed now by the band in a radio interview. One of them also said march 17th for release but the rest of the band quickly denied that. But yeah, new music from Spoon around the corner guys
02Do2Ff.png

Top Bottom