• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf Rock/Indie/Alt Music Thread (RockGAF?)

chris121580

Got my first record player for Christmas. Really excited to hear that The Killers are putting out a remastered vinyl version of Hot Fuss on Friday. One of my fav albums

faridmon

New Spoon album titled Hot Thoughts confirmed now by the band in a radio interview. One of them also said march 17th for release but the rest of the band quickly denied that. But yeah, new music from Spoon around the corner guys
02Do2Ff.png

Oh yeass.

Really excited for this!

Futureman

anyone listen to Vagabon featured on Pitchfork yesterday? I really like her two new songs she's released recently ("The Embers" & "Fear & Force"). Pitchfork has an interesting article on how she feels she fits into the indie rock/pop scene as a black female musician and how she wants to make the scene more inclusive.

Guess who's record just leaked and is stellar yet again.

Yes, that's your friendly pal, Ty segall.

And guess what?

There's another record coming at the end of the year.

Linius

Digging the new Cloud Nothings record. Gonna check out Ty Segall tomorrow morning. If he's full on acoustic it should be a nice way to wake up.

Aizo

Banned
Got my first record player for Christmas. Really excited to hear that The Killers are putting out a remastered vinyl version of Hot Fuss on Friday. One of my fav albums
I haven't owned a record player for years, but my friend bought me the whole discography of Bright Eyes on vinyl for Christmas, so I'll be buying a new one soon. Such a pain to move records internationally...

Alpende

New Dirty Projectors out on 24th of February. I didn't really like their previous album, it didn't click with me but the tracks they've released so far sound pretty good to me. Will definitely check out the album.
The new track really reminds of 22, A Million.

Linius

I quite love the new album. It's a bit different here and there but also more of the sound we're used to. People who liked their previous albums will no doubt like it.

chris121580

I'm going through the new Foxygen album and just finished America. I really don't know what to think about this album. To say it's grandiose is an understatement but I think it may be a little too much for me. I'm going to need more time to digest it but I think I like it

Linius

Haha, bought tickets to RTJ in Amsterdam last friday, glad to be finally seeing them live. But Field Day sure has a killer line-up.

Daeda

Haha, bought tickets to RTJ in Amsterdam last friday, glad to be finally seeing them live. But Field Day sure has a killer line-up.

*Firstbump*

Also, First concert of the year ✓

Since I moved closer to the centre of the country, 2017 is gonna be a big live music year for me. Got The Notwist, Austra (great album btw), Cloud Nothings, Car Seat Headrest, Soulwax, RTJ, Deftones and Best Kept Secret Festival already lined up ^^

Linius

I bought the Indiestad pas again so I'll be going to quite a few gigs in Amsterdam. Kapitan Korsakov is up first, tomorrow evening. Also going to Cloud Nothings of course! Besides that I got Kevin Morby, Car Seat Headrest, Radiohead, RTJ and Best Kept Secret lined up.

faridmon

I bought the Indiestad pas again so I'll be going to quite a few gigs in Amsterdam. Kapitan Korsakov is up first, tomorrow evening. Also going to Cloud Nothings of course! Besides that I got Kevin Morby, Car Seat Headrest, Radiohead, RTJ and Best Kept Secret lined up.

Would have loved to see Kervin Morby but he sold out all his gigs in West Midlands. Luckily he is on the bill for Field Day so I am gonna catch him there.

Hey guys, what do you think of these two bands from Germany? It's guitar music, not Pop but as this seems to also be a rock thread I guess I can post this here?

DŸSE - Spinne
Tschaika "Quatsch mit Soße"

They are part of a nice little wave of noise rock (in the broadest sense) that's sweeping across the underground in the country. Feels like fresh air to me. ;D They don't take themselves too seriously and that's part of the charme.

Do you know similar stuff from other countries (or US/UK) you can recommend to me? I found this: Don Caballero - Mmmm Acting . It's really cool. Their older stuff seems to be mostly reverb/effect noodling, though.

I desperately need stuff like this.

Top Bottom