• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Voted: Most Anticipated Games of 2016

My list

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. No Man's Sky
3. The Last Guardian
4. Dark Souls 3
5. Uncharted 4
6. Ratchet & Clank
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn
8. Hitman
9. Street Fighter V
10. Star Fox 0

6 of my top 10 is in GAF's top 10. Mission accomplished?

1. Scalebound (#19)
2. Nier: Automata (#12)
3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (#1)
4. Persona 5 (#2)
5. Mass Effect: Andromeda (#6)
6. Quantum Break (#15)
7. Gears of War 4 (#26)
8. Cuphead (#43)
9. Ni-Oh (#24)
10. Dark Souls III (#5)

Going back to my list vs GAF overall

1. Uncharted 4 - #1 GAF - Duh

2. Nier Automata - #12 GAF - About where I expected, top 15 placement

3. Mass Effect: Andromeda - #6 GAF - This feels about right. GAF loves Mass Effect, but the last thing most people remember is that damn ME3 ending, and we haven't seen shit from the game yet.

4. Dark Souls 3 - #5 GAF - Only surprised that Horizon was above it, but I guess I shouldn't be shocked considering the E3 Game of the Show thing.

5. Street Fighter V - #11 GAF - see Nier, another popular PS4 exclusive but not as widely accessible as some of the others

6. Deus Ex: Mankind Dived - #9 GAF - Had a feeling this would be top 10, just going by all the distress in the delay thread. Human Revolution was quite popular here, and this looks to be an even better version.

7. Shadow Warrior 2 - #59 GAF - Sounds right

8. Iconcoclasts -#166 GAF - Top 200! This is gonna surprise people, I can feel it. Noitu Love 2 showed a lot of promise.

9. Ni-Oh - #24 GAF - Top 25 is shocking to me for a Dark Souls rip-off by the Ninja Gaiden 3 team, but I gotta stop being shocked at Sony's dominance in these things. People have PS4 and they want new games.

10. Gears of War 4 - #26 GAF - Almost top 25! Not bad for a Xbone exclusive with a mediocre E3 showing that nobody could see.

Elfstruck

You think the order would have been the same if Sony had bad conferences and/or if Nintendo/MS had good ones?

Are you saying that ppl anticipate UC4 the most because Sony showed the holy trinity? Last year, Sony's conference was meh yet UC4 was still the most anticipated game.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
1 -> 5 .Dark Souls III
2 -> 93. Cosmic Star Heroine
3 -> 3. Horizon: Dawn Zero
4 -> 22. Dishonored 2
5 -> 86. Salt & Sanctuary
6 -> 188. Death's Gambit
7 -> 216. CrossCode
8 -> 55. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PC)
9 -> 9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
10 -> 24. NiOh

Didn't actually expect 2 perfect matches in the rankings, lol. Everything else is way off.

Again?
Dude, are you seriously posting that every effing day?

???
I think "GAF is very pro Sony" should replace the "Bloodborne got robbed" meme. xD

I feel about half of these are likely to getting delayed to 2017(Persona 5, Horizon, Mass Effect, TLG, No Man's Sky) ...and the other half will come out only after been delayed for 6+ months lol. With the exception of Dark Souls 3, I suppose.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
<3

I was going to joke about taking first place in 2017, but I enjoy having my innards not eviscerated. NO PRESSURE OR ANYTHING.

mdnueSD.gif

injurai

Banned
1. -> 6 Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. -> 8 Final Fantasy XV
3. -> 9 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4. -> 23 Ratchet & Clank
5. -> 1 Uncharted 4
6. -> 7 The Last Guardian
7. -> 64 Setsuna
8. -> 20 Firewatch
9. -> 3 Horizon: Zero Dawn
10. -> 2 Persona 5

Setsuna deserves more attention than Bravely Second imo.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Always love seeing the results. Great job Shinobi and team.

My Horizon quote made the cut too!

Looking at all the stuff that made the long list is exciting too. Really a varied year coming.

<3

I was going to joke about taking first place in 2017, but I enjoy having my innards not eviscerated. NO PRESSURE OR ANYTHING.

mdnueSD.gif

As long as it comes out and is good, 2017 will be a fi-AAARGH JUST GIVE IT TO ME THIS YEAR PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Just promise you guys will do everything you can to prevent release hijinx in US/PAL regions.

SalvaPot

We have a new Star Fox game, for consoles, with traditional gameplay, made in collaboration by BOTH EAD and Platinum Games... God I am so excited for it! I WANT IT NOW.

sono

Gold Member
Thank you shinobi602, Doffen, dancrane212 & nrvalleytime for putting this together, its an amazing list.

TLG will be mine, oh yes it will be mine.

My top 10 compared to (Gaf Rank)
1. Horizon Zero Dawn (#3)
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (#1)
3. Mass Effect: Andromeda (#6)
4. No Man's Sky (#10)
5. Gravity Rush Remastered (#73)
6. Attack on Titan (#126)
7. Root Letter (#176)
8. Ark Survival Evolved (#NA)
9. Persona 5 (#2)
10. Abzu (#85)

2016 looking like it will be an amazing year for games. Nice job Shinobi

inm8num2

My votes compared to actual ranks:
1. The Witness (#30)
2. The Banner Saga 2 (#88)
3. Outlast 2 (#139)
4. Shadow Warrior 2 (#59)
5. Dishonored 2 (#22)
6. Obduction (#199)
7. Shardlight (#178)
8. Torment: Tides of Numenera (#40)
9. Thimbleweed Park (#108)
10. Day of the Tentacle Remastered (#72)

Top Bottom