• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF votes: Most anticipated 2014 game (voting ends midnight EST)

1. Mario Kart 8: I'm a huge Mario Kart 7 fan and Mario Kart 8 looks to be more of the same. Pretty much the reason why I plan on obtaining a Wii U.

2. Mario Golf World Tour: It's Mario Golf.

3. BlazBlue ChronoPhantasma: It's BlazBlue.

4. Super Smash Bros. 3DS: It's Smash Bros.

5. Persona 4 fighting game 2: I liked the first one.

6. Professor Layton 6: It's Professor Layton.

7. Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney: It's two of my favorite franchises.

8. Tales of Xillia 2: I'm playing through Xillia right now and last night was basically "OMGWTF?" so I'm looking forward to this one.

9. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: I played through ToS like 5 times and wanna play it again.

10. Tales of Zestiria: It's Tales.

...I am so fucking shallow. EDIT: But at least I can read directions. EDIT2: Too lazy to look up certain titles though.

Celcius

°Temp. member
1. Tales of Xillia 2 - The original was great and I can't wait to see what happens in the sequel.
2. Blazblue Chronophantasm
3. Guilty Gear Xrd
4. Ultra Street Fighter 4

Hypron

1. Dark Souls 2 ; The first one is my game of the generation and this looks to be pretty damn good from what it seems so far so I'm really excited to play it.
2. The Witcher 3 ; This game looks absolutely phenomenal visually speaking from what we've seen. I'm confident CDProjekt will nail the writing. If what they've said about the combat is true and they've improved it greatly I've got no doubt it'll be a masterpiece.
3. The Evil Within ; I loved Resident Evil 4 and Vanquish so I'm excited to see what Shinji Mikami's next game is going to be like.
4. Bayonetta 2 ; It's a platinum game so I know I'll love it.
5. MGR:R PC ; I already played the game but playing it in 1080p at 60fps? Yes please.

jJaiOkAWtWMH.png

1. Alien Isolation: From going back to the original design of the Alien to using audio cues from the movie's trailer CA looks to have nailed the look and tone of the movie. The prospect of being able to play through a take on one of my top 5 films of all time is far too exciting to get hung up on the unknowns like the game's other "threats" and how you will deal with them.

ibvGyNdXL6rX6O.png

2. Halo 5: While Halo 4 didn't have the same legs as Halo 3 for me I'm still very excited to see what 343 will do with the game. Those little hints here and there give me hope!

ibyHmTYJdQvgmH.png

3. Lords of Shadow 2: My excitement for the soundtrack alone would put the game on this list.

iwJCMfyWPgZXw.png

4. Drakengard 3: If this game turns out to be as half as "good" as NIER then I'll be happy.

iwgXp0UJDdIXh.png

5. Below: Still not that much info out there for Below but what's been said has got my attention for sure. Zelda roguelike? Sign me up.

ipZocMhVCaEN2.png

6. Sunset Overdrive: Had the best trailer at e3; great sense of style. Looking forward to seeing more on the actual game.

itx636SHVWTq8.png

7. Monolith Soft's X: Despite not really knowing much about the game I'm still interested to see how Monolith is going to follow up Xenoblade.

iV08iW68lxInw.png

8. Destiny: Still a little cautious on the MMO lite parts of the game but I'm confident Bungie will have a great campaign at the very least.

ibyIAU108DDEq9.png

9. Dragon Age Inquisition: I want to believe.

iCuRxL7kPrKEs.png

10. Valiant Hearts: Something about a WW1 adventure game really clicks with me. Just don't kill the dog OK?

If Quantum Break had a solid 2014 date it'd still be #1... I think.

Elitro

1. Dragon Age Inquisition : Even thou DA2 kind of disappointed, the game was still very enjoyable. I have faith Bioware will listen.
2. The Witcher 3 : An open world RPG with amazing graphics, promising story and DS like combat? Yes please!
3. Dark Souls 2 : Loved the first two, combat and environments are just perfect.
4. Driveclub : I'm waiting for a game to tempt me into buying a ps4, and this seems to be the game. A mix of sim, good graphics and community features is exactly what i'm looking for in a driving game.
5. Diablo 3 ROS : The first D3 was pretty lame but i still clocked alot of hours into it, here's hoping this time the game delivers without an AH and randomized dungeons!
6. Project CARS : So far i loved what i've seen about this game, superb graphics and Rift support will make me buy a wheel for sure.
7. MGS5 : Only played the fourth for ps3, but loved it. The trailer is amazing and the story seems very gripping.
8. The Division : The trailer was mindblowing, shows alot of promise.
9. Persona 5 : Really enjoyed P3, so i'm looking forward for another iteration.
10. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD : After hearing such great things about FFX i kinda want to play them.

1-Persona 5 : I think my anticipation comes from the fact we basically know nothing about it and, while it took me a long time, I am now very fond of that serie

2-SMT 4 : ok, no PAL 2014 release date confirmed but come on !

3-Pesona Q : is shaping up to be a nice little game

4 -Gravity Rush 2-well, no 2014 confirmation, only hinted. I loved the first one and so many questions are left !

5-Bravely Second : although I really hated the second half of the first game, the first half was amazing so let's hope they won't make the same mistake for the sequel...

Well, actually, right now, there are really few games I am looking forward to...Hope the year will bring exciting news !

Serra

1. Dark Souls 2 : Dark Souls is my game of the generation, so I am hyped for this. I am trying to keep my expectations low.
2. Bayonetta 2 : The sequel to the best action game of all time? Yes, please! I can't wait to see what insanity Platinum have for us this time.
3. The Witcher 3 : I wanna plow more sorceresses after they use a spell to remove their clothes.
4. Pillars of Eternity : old school rpg goodness.
5. X : Extremely interested to see what Monolith Soft do next!
6. Metal Gear Rising PC : Loved it on consoles, will be even better on PC.
7. South Park : Love Obsidian.

SuomiDude

1. Monolith Soft's X - A spiritual? sequel to Xenoblade, one of the best RPGs ever (IMO). I so want it.
2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Really liked the Wii version, and more of the goodness can't go wrong
3. Mario Kart 8 - Although I have lost interest in MK in general, this game look very promising. If the single player mode is good and it has actual co-op GP mode this time, I'll definately buy it.
4. Super Smash Bros. 4 - Same as with MK, I've lost interest of Smash Bros. a bit, but if SSB4 has a great single player mode, I'm in.
5. Watch Dogs (Wii U) - Wii U could use a good open world game (I'll buy Lego City when it goes cheapr), and this looks promising. Been interested in it for a while.
6. Shovel Knight (Wii U) - Looks like a great old-school platformer/action game.

I think I'm missing some games

Gestault

1. Watchdogs: This, to many, is simply the first "next-gen" title they intended to buy.
2. Halo 5: General anticipation from a popular series combined with the questions about how it'll please long-time fans after the varied responses to Halo 4 make this a curious title for 2014.
3. Super Smash Bros Wii U: This game's following reaches further than the consoles sold which can play it. Also tends to be a contentious series with the changes in each new release.
4. Metal Gear Solid 5: This game will show well, has an incredibly powerful name behind it, and will likely be marketed to bejeezus and back.
5. Infamous Second Son: To the majority of the PS4 audience, this is one to watch, and that'll spread the more it's shown. Hopefully it gets the marketing push it deserves, from its pedigree alone.

M76

Banned
1. WatchDogs : I loved it from the first reveal trailer. The atmosphere feels just right and I love the freedom it seems to offer.
2. Dragon Age Inquisition : I'm one of the few people who wasn't disappointed in DA2. So I'm looking forward to this one as well.
3. DriveClub: I'm into racing games, hope this one will finally be a good one. I haven't seen a great street racing game since TDU. Everyone seems to be focused on this multiplayer thing nowadays, I wish for a good single player experience for once.
4. GTA V PC : I have the PS3 version but it just doesn't feel right, I haven't even finished the campaign, I think I'll wait for the PC version and finish it the proper way. With a mouse and keyboard, and without jagged edges.

Brohan

1. Destiny
2. Dark Souls 2
3. The Division
4. Dragon Age Inquisition
5. MGS 5

These are the games i am really excited for, especially Destiny, can't wait to explore that world and lore and shoot some aliens with my friends.

Not as excited for all the other games releasing although there are definitely some that are interesting, just not enough for me to rank one over the other.

ViciousDS

Banned
1. The Division : It's one of the best looking games of next gen and its not being handled by an internal team which gives me a lot of hope.

plus it has the greatest GIF of all time!

2. : The Witcher 3 : Combat has always bugged me about the Witcher 3 and just from the little glimpses with the trailer's we have got, it really seems Witcher 3 is going to be on of the best RPG's of all time!

3. Infamous Second Son : Next Gen starts when this beautiful game hits and I can't wait.

4. Driveclub : Really wish this would have been a launch game for the PS4, it is by far the best looking arcade racer I have seen to date.

5. Titanfall : Hoping this makes CoD step up there game.... I really do like CoD but giving CoD parkor and mechs to run around in a playground gives the game such a fresh feel.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Almost everything I can think of right now is RPGs.

1. The Witcher 3 (PC) - I actually still haven't played Witcher 2 (which I'll rectify soon with my new GPU), but I really like what I've seen of it and I'm one of the crazy people who actually enjoyed Witcher 1. I trust CDPR.

2. Monolith Soft's X (WiiU) - Only reason this isn't #1 is because I'm skeptical of a few things. Probably for nothing though, if it is indeed a proper successor to Xenoblade it will probably be my favorite game of 2014 if it makes it.

3. Trails in the Sky SC (PC) - It's Falcom, and it's basically part 2 of the game we already got on PSP. First game was fun, if a bit slow at the start, but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

4. Bravely Default (3DS) - Job system, it's like a spiritual successor to FFV, my favorite FF game. I really care nothing about the rest of the game, I just want to play around with that job system. Hope it's as well balanced as FFV, but probably not.

5. Divinity: Original Sin (PC) - Really like everything I've seen about this. The level of interactivity with the world makes it seem like this could be a really fun game to play through. And I like the intricacies shown in the combat system.

6. Pillars of Eternity (PC) - A big Obsidian CRPG, what's not to like? I haven't really followed it much at all since the Kickstarter ended.

7. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (WiiU) - First game on Wii was good, and Retro Studios can do no wrong. Bring on Cranky.

onilink88

1. X: After Xenoblade, I could write a novel about why this one has me bouncing off the walls, but it boils down to this, basically:

because it's the successor to one of the finest JRPGs ever made;

because of the Dolls. Not for the reasons you're probably thinking of, mind you. I mean, mechs are cool and all, but what's more important to me is what they entail; the world seems to be designed with the fact that these things can fly in mind, so we'll see a greater emphasis on vertical exploration than we did in XB;

because, like XB, it's going to offer near-endless gratification of wanderlust;
ss3bt.jpg

See anywhere, go anywhere.

because it's artistically sublime;
vyw7.png

45ec.jpg

"Some celestial event. No - no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should've sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea."

and because of its obscene scale. XB was titanic in scale, and you could wander around a single area for hours on end and encounter animals so big that they could step on you and not even realize it. In X, we're witnessing a world that completely dwarfs even Xenoblade's, and the animals/enemies on display here would keep the biggest to ever roam XB as lapdogs.
ss4kr.jpg

Where Monolith Soft is concerned, bigger is better.

2. Titanfall: What can I say? I'm a mech whore.
3. Super Smash Bros. U: This moves up to the second spot if both Shulk and Chrom make it in.

There's more, but these three are the only ones which I'm guaranteed to be able to make the time to play.

Neuro

1) Star Citizen : This is what next generation of gaming should be...this is a game we need not deserve

2) Cyberpunk 2077 : Witcher 3 devs making a cyberpunk game nuff said

3) Destiny : This is next gen Borderlands for me, so I am all prepared to say goodbye to my social life

4) Watchdogs : I am a sucker for cyberpunk tales and this one seems to be rooted in the world we live in

5) Halo 5 : I think I'd be in an extreme minority who enjoyed the single player campaign of Halo 4, I never look for stories in shooters these days, its all about the AI which to date is quite terrifying on Legendary

6) Second Son : Ever since Psi Ops was released I always used to dream what a game which gave players psionic abilities would be like, Infamous and its sequel did a damn good job about it

7) Order 1886 : I get a feeling this is going to be the Sony's Gears of War, love the art style and the dedication Ready at Dawn have brought in their previous titles

8) Titanfall : This is Tribes +Shogo Mobile Armour Division + Shattered Steel all rolled into one

9) Hotline Miami 2 : Oh the Gore!!!

10) Borderlands 2 on the Vita, well its Borderlands and I can play it anywhere...Did you hear me....Anywhere...

Calling it, "the" is the word of 2014.

1. The Witcher 3
2. The Division
3. The Long Dark
4. Dreamfall Chapters
5. Watch Dogs
6. The Wolf Among Us
7. D4
8. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter: Atmosphere, mood, mystery, detective, beautiful, haunting, story, sense of presence, the. I'm into most of the words used to describe this game.
9. Metal Gear Solid V
10. Next Car Game

hemtae

1. Pillars of Eternity : After Dragon Age II, if you told me I'd get a game like this, I would have laughed then cried. I had made peace with the fact that my last memories of a Infinity engine game would be Mask of the Betrayer and Dragon Age Origins. But then Wasteland 2 happened and rumors started trickling out of Obsidian about them looking in Kickstarter. Then it actually happened and with the updates it became my most wanted game in a long time.

2. Wasteland 2 : It would have been my most anticipated game in an abysmal 2013 but it missed 2013 and slipped into what looks like a much better 2014. Unfortunately it has to contend with Pillars of Eternity for top spot and doesn't make it.

3. Infamous: Second Son : This is the reason I bought a PS4 which the fear of a Wii like shortage the reason for me buying it early.

4. Super Smash Bros : Brawl was the only game I can remember getting as hyped for as Pillars of Eternity. With the staying up late for dojo updates and the reveals of Sonic and Solid Snake nothing was quite like it last gen. Hopefully the actual game part doesn't disappoint.

5. Broken Age : The First kickstarter game I backed. While there has been some missteps, its still looking really good.

6. Rime : This got me interested by the art style alone. It was inspired by Ico and I like Ico. Honestly, I feel like this part down is just to keep me busy in between the releases of the five above.

7. South Park: The Stick of Destiny : I like South Park and I like Obsidian. I also Paper Mario which the battle system is said to be similar too. The delays do have me slightly worried though.

8. The Witcher 3 : I still have yet to finish the first Witcher, but everything they've showed off looks (mostly, nasty sharpening filter) good. Nice visuals, open world, day one mod support.

9. Bravely Default : Really the only game on 3DS I'm looking forward too in 2014. Maybe something will pop up and surprise me.

10. Dragon Age: Inquisition : Never have I been more wary of Bioware. They're coming off Mass Effect 3, The Old Republic, and Dragon Age II. This is looking nothing like the modern Baldur's Gate Dragon Age Origins was suppose to be, mod support is gone, and they're still holding on to the dialogue wheel. Really the only thing that's keeping my attention is the fact The Citadel was really good for a DLC. They have also seemed to learn some things from Dragon Age II. Multiple player races, non-repetitive environments, a promised return to tactical combat, and a longer development cycle, and a two game plus expansion investment in its universe is enough for it to earn the last spot.

1. The Division : I love everything I've seen about The Division, from the technology to the gameplay.
2. Destiny : Enjoyed (most of) the first Halo but felt underwhelmed by everything else Bungie's done since. Destiny seems like a return to form with big ambitions and scale pushing it forward.
3. The Evil Within : Brutal, gruesome, and from Shinji Mikami.
4. Hotline Miami 2 : Self-explanatory.
5. The Witness : Johnathan Blow is someone I really respect in the industry and The Witness is just another example of the type of game no big publisher would ever make.
6. The Order: 1886 : Steampunk alternate reality with great technology from a solid developer? I'm in.
7. Driveclub : Missing launch deflated this game a little bit but you can't ignore an Evolution racer.
8. Metal Gear Solid V : Don't like the way it's being split up and priced, and I didn't like Peace Walker at all, but Metal Gear is Metal Gear.
9. Persona 5 : This would be much higher on my list had I played Persona 4 instead of just watching other people play it.
10. NHL '15 : I'm probably in the low, low minority about this, but fuck, I can't wait to see a current gen hockey game. Hopefully EA gets their shit together this year.

-Stranger-

1. Persona 5
2. Titanfall
3. X
4. Mario Kart 8
5. The Evil Within
6. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
7. Watchdogs
8. The Elder Scrolls Online
9. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
10. Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze

Neonsands

Neo Member
1. Persona 5 - The only series that has ever gotten me so invested in everything about it. The only series that made teenage me get up early before school just to finish it. The only series that kept me up just for a bunch of lame announcements, and rewarded me heavily at the end. The only series that made the wait worth it just by showing a 50 second teaser. Atlus hasn't done me wrong, and the amount of time and work put into this only makes me more hyped.
2. Metal Gear Solid 5
3. The Division
4. Destiny
5. Infamous: Second Son
6. Hotline Miami 2
7. The Witcher 3
8. Bravely Default
9. Dragon Age: Inquisition
10. Sunset Overdrive

Arthea

1. Trails in the sky : on steam. My most anticipated games, I only hope Xseed will manage to release them this year, or at least first one.
2. The Witcher 3 : PC. I'm little concerned about this game and release date too.
3. Hyper Light Drifter
4. The Banner Saga
5. Banished
6. Warlock 2

would include Cyberpunk 2077, but I'm sure it's 2015 game at the earliest.

88random

1. Guilgy Gear Xrd - I've been waiting far too long for a new GG, it was painful.
2. MGS 5 - new MGS, nothing else to say
3. Driveclub - it's a racer, it looks awesome, and it's free (partially)
4. Order 1886 - looks interesting
5. The Evil Within - it's Mikami game
6. Destiny - very ambitious game and it looks amazing

7*. On a improbable occasion I get a WiiU, Bayonetta 2

broony

1. Destiny :Looks amazing, universe is amazing, gameplay details look amazing, scale looks amazing, lore sounds amazing, art looks amazing, music sounds amazing. Amazing.
2. The Division

1. Monolith Soft's "X"- Xenoblade was amazing, Monolith Soft is amazing, and its the best looking game coming out on the WiiU. Plus Giant robots.

2. Super Smash Bros. For WiiU/3DS- have always been a smash fan and Super Smash Bros Melee was a game I grew up with. This entry seems to be another stellar game. Oh, and Sakurai is making the game, which is ALWAYS a bonus.

3. Destiny

4. KH 2.5 HD Remix

5. Bravely Default

6. Kirby Triple Deluxe

7. Sunset Overdrive

8. SMT X Fire Emblem

9. Project Spark

10. Child of Light

Zelda U immediately goes to the top if announced for 2014. I still am a 2014 Zelda U supporter

Knch

1 - Bayonetta 2 - Picked up a Wii U because of this!
2 - South Park: The stick of truth - Have the special edition pre-ordered
3 - Monolith's X - Would have gotten a Wii U for this!
4/5 - Cyberpunk 2077 / The Witcher 3 - Looking forward to both
6 - Hotline Miami 2 - Should play the first one some more, but will get this even if it's just to support the dev. (I intend to play so many (steam) games...)

Atlas157

1. Persona 5 - I've been waiting since 2008 for this game. Persona has been my favorite series since Persona 2. I really hope this game gets a simultaneous worldwide release.

2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - I never liked XIII or XIII-2 much, but I love open world games with quests, and the combat system looks awesome.

3. Destiny - Bungie has been one of my favorite developers since the original Halo. Everything they've shown so far about this game has been very promising. I hope they deliver.

4. God Eater 2 - I love Monster Hunter type games, and I fell in love with the original. I'll finally get to use my Vita for more than Persona games.

5. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 - My favorite game in the Kingdom Hearts series is KHII, and it's the Final Mix version? Fuck yeah. I also never beat BBS so I'm excited for that too.

6. X (Monolith Soft) - Developer of the Xeno series? Open world? Flying mechs? Day 1.

7. Tales of Xillia 2 - I really enjoyed the first one. I just hope the voice acting is a little better this time.

8. The Order: 1886 - I love the setting. I love third person shooters. The talk about everything being destructible and soft body physics makes my mouth drool. I need gameplay!

9. Bayonetta 2 - Loved the craziness of the first game, and I hope this game is even crazier.

10. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - I can hear my GTX 570 screaming in pain already.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
1. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U -- 1100 hours on Brawl, and I don't even know the clock on Melee/64. This is looking so good.
2. Rune Factory 4 -- I have around 400 hours clocked on Rune Factory 3. Hope it actually does get here for Spring.
3. X by Monolith Soft -- A gorgeous, open-world HD RPG by Monolith. Exactly.
4. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD -- I never got a chance to play either these games, and on Vita it'll look amazing! Need to get through 8 and 9 first though.
5. Atelier Escha & Logy -- I'll always look forward to Gust's Atelier games. I've heard this being mentioned with Mana Khemia (one of my favourite games ever).
6. Tales of Xillia 2 -- I'm still in the midst of the first one, and I'm enjoying it enough to look forward to a sequel.
7. Shin Megami Tensei IV -- They announced it for 2014 in Europe... right?
8. Ar no Surge -- This'll come out in English, right...? It better.
9. The Witch and the Hundred Knight -- Kinda flew off my radar but I was definitely looking forward to this.
10. Persona 5 -- I'm not very hyped for this, but I recently bought 4 on Vita and I'm gonna be getting into the series from here on.

Rudus

Neo Member
The Division
Watch_dogs
World of Darkness (i hope it will be 2014)
Star Citizen
Nosgoth
DayZ (i know it's out but i'll wait for a complete game;)

Rushy

1. DRIVECLUB
2. inFamous Second Son
3. Dark Souls 2
4. Destiny
5. Hotline Miami 2
6. Bayonetta 2
7. The Witcher 3
8. Watch_Dogs
9. The Division
10. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

All PS4 and PC games for me at the moment although if Halo makes this year and is good that will be in the top 3.

1. Uncharted 4 : Please be like 2 Please be like 2 Please be like 2
2. inFamous: Second Son : Going back through 2 at the mo is building my hype
3. Destiny : Looks awesome, Bungie are greats
4. The Order: 1886 : It is 1080p ;)
5. Dragon Age: Inquisition : Loved DAO really like 2 aswell, don't hate me
6. EA Sports UFC : Current fav sport and think EA MMA is a great foundation
7. Watch Dogs : Release date please. Hope the delay has lead to a good polish
8. Metal Gear Solid 5 - The Phantom Pain : Not 100% on this yet but it's MGS
9. Lords of The Fallen : Looks fantastic
10. Driveclub : Need a solid driving fix.

Cyborg

1. Metal Gear Solid GZ : 4 points
2. DriveClub : 3 points
3. The Order 1886 : 2 points
4. Dark Souls 2 : 2 points
5. Infamous Second Son : 1 points

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
1. Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster : One of the most memorable Final Fantasy games for me. It struck a chord in my gaming heart and will always be remembered for it's characters, sceneries, and music.
2. Persona 5
3. DanganRonpa Trigger Happy Havoc
4. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
5. Persona 4: Dancing All Night
6. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
7. Tales of Xillia 2
8. Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
9. Kingdom Hearts II.5 HD
10. The Evil Within

1. Dragon Age: Inquisition I didn't hate DA2/ME3 nearly as much as most, it seems, but I recognize them as a lowpoint for Bioware. DAI is their chance to win us over again. The extended dev cycle makes me optimistic.

2. Dreamfall: Chapters I'm a huge fan of TLJ and Dreamfall, It's the only Kickstarter I've actually thrown more money at than I needed to.

3. Broken Age Point-n-click adventures are what I grew up on, and Tim has been responsible for some of the best. I can't believe I'm going to be playing part 1 this month!

4. Transistor Bastion blew me away, and Transistor looks even better.

5. Pillars of Eternity Obsidian Entertainment has produced some of my favourite RPGs, but they've always had technical issues. It will be interesting to see how they manage without the boogeyman publisher that always seems to get blamed.

6. Divinity: Original Sin People keep comparing it to Ultima 7. If it even comes close, that's enough for me.

7. Wildstar It looks like it could be a fun MMO romp.

8. Massive Chalice It's still too early to tell, but the concept sounds fun and Brad Muir's enthusiasm is infectious.

9. Child of Light It looks lovely -- here's hoping it's fun too!

10. Valiant Hearts Like Child of Light, it's quite early to tell if it will actually be good. Looks and sounds great though.

I didn't realize how hard this was going to be. Initially, I didn't think I could up with 10. Instead, I've left several notable games off my list and I'm sure I've forgotten several all together. 2014 is going to be a great(and expensive) year!

isb

Banned
1. The Division - Simply looks amazing, i have faith in my swedish brothers!
2. The Witcher 3 - #2 was amazing and i can't see how such a good studio will fail.
3. Infamous 3 - Loved the first two.
4. NHL 15 - BRING ON NEXT GEN NHL.

1. Monster Hunter 4 : This one is easy for me. While technically not announced yet for the west, this is very likely coming and I can't wait. One of the most rewarding series out there, and the impressions of this particular entry only increase my anticipation.
2. Monolith Soft's X : I'm pretty sure that this is just a placeholder title, but the name is not really important, since we know it'll be Xenosomething. I already quite like Takahashi's and Monolith's output, but ever since Xenoblade they were bumped way up on my interest-list. I can't wait to see what they're doing next.
3. Bayonetta 2 : The sequel to one of my favourite games of last gen? Yes please! The only thing that dampens my excitement a bit is the fact that Kamiya isn't piloting this one, but the others have proven themselves more than worthy.
4. Child of Light : The game is not only gorgeous looking, but I'm also quite interested on their take on the RPG genre.
5. Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney : I'm not sure how well this blend will work, but I love me some Feeny, Layton and especially Shu Takumi.
6. Persona 5 :
7. Dark Souls 2 :
8. Broken Age :
9. Valiant Hearts :
10. Super Smash Bros. U :

Kinthalis

Banned
1 - Galactic Civilizations 3: A new 64 bit Mantle and DX11 based engine capable of keeping track fo a myriad units and their AI's plus the sequel to the best 4X space game EVAH!

2 - Star Citizen: Probably will set the new standard for high end PC graphics that Crysis set back in 2007. Probably will be the most immersive space sime out there. Probably will love it to pieces. Forget probably.

3 - Pillars of Eternity: From the same guys that worked on the Icewind Dale series and Planescape torment... do I need to say more?

4 - The Witcher 3 PC: No other RPG is going to be this gritty, realisitic, brutal, and amazing.

5 - Dragon Age 3 PC: It's not DA2, and I'm still hoping it's closer to DA:O.

6 - Might And Magic X Legacy: It's like a 90's game time warped to 2014. It looks like a ton of monkeys inside a barrel of fun.

7 - Elite - Dangerous: This game is second only to Star Ciutizen in it's glorious space gloriousness full of glory.

8 - The Division PC: Co-Op shooter in post apocaliptic cityscape. Sounds good! Plus... he CLOSED THE DOOR!

9 - Titanfall PC: Probably the ony FPS I'm really looking forward to in 2014. Looks amazing and everyone says it plays amazing too.

10 - Thief PC: Still looking forward to this despite the bad previews. They can't possibily mess up the stealth mechanics THAT much, right? I mean it's thief! Just throw in a bucket of new paint and you're done.

Glaurungr

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: both previous Witcher games are some of my all time favourites, and this looks like it might be able to top them.
2. Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord
3. Pillars of Eternity
4. Wasteland 2
5. Broken Age

Bookoo

1. Wildstar : Really looking for an MMO to invest some time in.
2. EVE - Valkyrie: Sounds like it is going to be an awesome VR experience.
3. Infamous 2 - Second Son : Loved the Infamous series and this one looks great.
4. Metal Gear Solid - Ground Zeroes: Love all things Metal Gear
5. Titanfall : Was a fan of early CoD and looking forward to what Respawn can do

So who's adding Alien: Isolation to their list now? :p
Me!

1. The Evil Within : Shinji Mikami, the director of three of my all-time favorite games (RE1, REmake, RE4), returns to the genre he popularized. Say no more.

2. Donkey Kong Country - Tropical Freeze : Sequel to one of my favorite games of last generation. Retro has yet to make a game that hasn't been fantastic, and I don't expect that to change here.

3. Bayonetta 2 : Like with DKC, a sequel to another one of my favorite games of the last generation. Will they be able to top the craziness of the first game?

4. Super Smash Bros. U : It's a new Smash, I'll be there day one. Hopefully they get the online right this time.

5. Murdered - Soul Suspect : This game came out of nowhere for me last year. Looks really neat, and could be something special if the developers don't force unnecessary combat into the game.

6. The Witness : Beautiful, intriguing-looking game that reminds me of a super-stylized Myst. I do have some concerns about how much variety there will be from the puzzles, though.

7. Alien Isolation : Hot off the presses! So thrilled to see another game eschewing generic action in favor of embracing survival horror. Could be the Alien game we've wanted all along.

8. Mario Kart 8 : I've been turned off of Mario Kart since Double Dash!! Each subsequent installment has failed to interest me, and from a distance, each effort felt cheap and B-tier compared to something like Smash Bros. For the first time in a long while, I got excited when seeing new Mario Kart footage. I think I'm back.

9. Watch_Dogs : Between the delay and how much time I spent playing GTA V, I'm not quite as hyped for this as I was maybe a year ago. Open-world games of this ilk feel very stale to me, and since GTA V didn't bring much new to the table as far as the open-world aspect of these games, I'm intrigued to see if this game delivers on its promise from E3 a few years back, or if it ends up being yet another one of these games that quickly becomes tiresome.

10. Thief : PLEASE DON'T SUCK! PLEASE DON'T SUCK! PLEASE DON'T SUCK!

1. Infamous Second Son: I loved the first two games so much, and love the look of the new main.

2. Diablo III (PS4): I held out and can't wait to play with my girlfriend.

3. Destiny: Mmmm...looting and shooting.

4. The Order: Co-op steampunk pewpew awesome.

I'll be a little biased because I don't own a PS4 or Xbone but not to say I'm not interested, I just don't see myself buying either console in 2014.

1. Mario Golf: World Tour - Huge fan of this series. It's been too long since the GBA release.
2. Super Smash Bros. (Wii U) - I'm up in the air on this, Brawl was a huge let down.
3. Oddworld New and Tasty - One of my favorite games for the original PlayStation.

That's it for me!

1 last guardian, lol
2 mario kart
3 watch dogs
4 destiny
5 dark souls 2
6 driveclub
7 dk tropical freeze
8 the order
9 anything Naughty Dog...
10 zelda wiiU, lol...

Rainbow Six and The Division against knowing better...

Top Bottom