• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated 2015 Game (voting ends January 1st, 11:59 PM EST)

p3n

1. Bloodborne : Hoping it will surpass Dark Souls aka the greatest game of the last generation. The alpha made the wait for this game so much harder...
2. Splatoon : E3 2014 demo made me buy a Wii U.
3. The Witcher 3 : The number one reason to own a beefy gaming PC early next year.
4. MGS V : Every generation had a defining MGS game. This is looking to be the best yet.
5. Diablo III RoS Season 2 : Bring. It. On.

There are many more I'm looking forward to but are uncertain to arrive in 2015 that I can't include them in a list of "anticipation": Persona 5, Rime, Zelda Wii U, GT7, Uncharted 4.

Gurish

My picks:

1) Uncharted 4; Never thought I'll be so excited again for Uncharted after the disappointing U3, but ND made all the necessary changes to the gameplay, took the superior combat of TLoU and mixed it with Nathan Drake's agility and the result looks stunning.

2) Batman: Arkham Knight; One of my favorite series on PS3, City is in my top 3 of previous generation, can't wait.

3) MGSV; I'm counting on Kojima to deliver this time, I was very disappointed with MGS4, but this time it seems like Kojima is motivated again for his franchise, gameplay looks very promising, hoping for a good and interesting mission design and not only to retrieve hostages or documents.

4) Resident Evil HD; I'm a big survival horror fan, played all mainline RE besides the horrible 6, never played the REmake version as i never had a GC or a good PC, always wanted to play it, at last I get to experience this masterpiece, even if 13 years later.

5) RIME; I'm a big ICO and SOTC fan, and this is the closest we'll we get to Team Ico game in the coming years probably... :( .looks great.

Clefargle

1) The Legend of Zelda Wii U :
If Nintendo delivers the game we all want this to be it will without a doubt be my single most played game of 2015. I can't wait to lose myself in hyrule again.

2) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D :
This remake looks to be everything I've hoped it would be. The world of Termina appears more well realized and I'm sure it will look smooth on the N3DSXL.

3) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain :
I've been hyped for this since I saw the debut trailer during all that crazy conspiratorial hype before the VGX (I think). It will be the game I buy a PS4 for, like MGS4 was for the PS3.

4) Xenoblade Chronicles X :
I'm playing the original now so how could I not be excited for this game? This shit looks incredibly expansive and the sense of scale in immense. I'm looking forward to transforming my mech into a motorcycle/tank and driving off a cliff only to morph back into a flying mech and punch a giant creature in the face.

5) Resident Evil: Revelations 2 :
Loved the original so much I bought it twice, the Wii U version was fun and challenging as fuck on infernal mode, hoping to get more crazy female antagonists with only one pants leg.

6) Kirby and the Rainbow Curse :
I was floored when Nintendo announced this game. I loved the original, it's my favorite kirby game. Looks crazy and clayful.

7) Final Fantasy Explorers :
I probably put in over 100 hours in FF:CC with my friends this year, this looks like my multiplayer FF wet dream.

8) Elysian Shadows :
This indie dreamcast RPG is something I've been anticipating since high school, it is a labor of love and my friends that developed it have truly put in the legwork to realize it fully. I'm locked in since the kickstarter and I will be devoting an entire couple of weeks to this game.

9) Yoshi's Wooly World :
Epic yarn was sooooo fun and I am glad Yoshi is taking a different direction since New Island. Will pick it up, looks like it has great co-op.

10) Splatoon :

Best new IP nintendo has shown in about 5 years. I'm already recruiting squad mates to paint the town red! (Well, more like pink, aquamarine, neon green, ect )

2015, Here I come!!

Steel

Banned
1. No Man's Sky : If this game live up to 1/20 of what it's promising, I will be satisfied. There's no stopping this hype train for me
2. Bloodbourne : After playing out Dark Souls 2 this year, I feel like a crack addict in need of another hit. The sooner I can get Bloodbourne in my veins, the better.
3. Persona 5 : I'd be shocked if this game turns out poorly. I have full faith Atlus will deliver a meaty story, sim, and rpg experience here.
4. Star Wars Battlefront : I loved the previous battlefronts, but I am extremely wary of EA/DICE handling this property. There are a lot of things that can go wrong, but I can't stop myself from getting full on hyped about this game.
5. Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines : Looks like an interesting concept for an rpg, can't wait for this to come and grace my vita.
6. Rainbow Six Siege : There's never been a rainbow six game I didn't like, I hope that this one doesn't break that streak.
7. The Order: 1886 : I like the setting, and I like the dieselpunk. Can't say I expect the world from this game, but I do expect something interesting.
8. The Tommorrow Children : Not in love with the aesthetic, but from the looks of things the gameplay is right up my alley. Looking forward to it.

Blablurn

1. Metal Gear Solid V
2. Persona 5
3. PES 2016
4. Uncharted 4
5. The Legend Of Zelda Wii U

qBsuB5s.png

LaNaranja

1. Star Wars: Battlefront
  2. Drawn to Death
  3. Until Dawn
  4. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
  5. Mario Maker
  6. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
  7. Mad Max
  8. Star Fox Wii U
  9. Godzilla
  10. Splatoon

Parmenide

1. Bloodborne: I consider myself a huge fan(boy) of the Souls series. DaS 2 sure let me disappointed but with Miyazaki back in charge I fear nothing.

2. Devil May Cry 4 DE: The name says it all, an improved version of one of the best games ever made.

3. The Witcher 3: A huge open-world game filled with tons of great content? A dream coming true.

E-phonk

Banned
1. Zelda Wii U
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
3. Grim Fandango Remastered
4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
5. Uncharted 4
6. Persona 5
7. Bloodborne
8. Until Dawn

1. No Man's Sky - I'm a sucker for space sci-fi and that mixed with the exploration/unknown factor has potential to make this my GoTY 2015 if done right.

2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Uncharteds 1,2,3 are among my all time favorite so obviously I can't wait to see how the story ends (maybe?)

3. Rise of the Tomb Raider - the first of the Tomb Raider reboots almost out Uncharted Uncharted. I'm looking forward to see what the team learned and if they're able to make this one great.

4. Batman: Arkham Knight - loved Asylum and City and just want to get back into that world and combat.

5. Homefront: The Revolution - the first Homefront had a great story and atmosphere but the game itself was a bit janky and outdated by the time it released. Hoping this one combines the story and atmosphere AND great graphics/gameplay. Also - Philadelphia!

6. The Division - Despite the cringe worthy scripted chatter amongst the players, the demo of this game at the past two E3s has excited me immensely.

7. Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Haven't played the first two but I'm thirsting for a western style RPG and I've heard lots of good stuff about the previous games and CD Projekt RED.

8. DayZ - I don't believe whatsoever that this game will be out in 2015 (if ever) on PS4 but if it does I'd love to play this on console.

Camwi

1 - Bloodborne:
From Software are my gods. The three Souls games were by far my favorite games of the last generation, and I know I will love Bloodborne too.

2 - Torment: Tides of Numenera:
Sequel to one of my favorite games of all time. It'll be hard for a story to live up to the original, but I think they'll do a fantastic job.

3 - Xenoblade Chronicles X:
I don't know how you can watch gameplay of this game and not be excited. Looks so friggin' good.

4 - The Witcher 3:
First two games were amazing, this one looks just as great. Love the openworld environment.

5 - The Legend of Zelda Wii U:
Love how beautiful the game looks. I'm hopeful that the overworld won't be just for looks.

6 - Persona 5:
Another game from an amazing series.

7 - Pillars of Eternity:
I kickstarted it for a reason. The Baldur's Gate series was amazing, so this will be too.

8 - The Division:
I haven't read up on the game too much since the initial reveal, but hopefully the game lives up to the hype (and doesn't get downgraded to hell).

9 - Yakuza 5:
A physical release would've been nice, but I'm just glad this is getting localized at all.

10 - Dying Light:
Looks awesome.

Sayad

1. Metal Gear Solid V
2. Bloodborne
3. Batman Arkham Knight
4. The Witcher 3
5. Persona 5
6. Mortal Kombat X
7. Rime
8. Xenoblade Chronicles X
9. Uncharted 4
10. Zelda WiiU

BumRush

Will update later...

1. Bloodborne
2. Uncharted 4
3. XCX
4. MGS V
5. Until Dawn
6. The Order 1886
7. Batman Arkham Knight
8. Zelda Wii U
9. Persona 5
10. Day of the Tentacle HD

N.A

Banned
1. Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward : I've been playing FFXIV since 2011 and the first expansion to A Realm Reborn looks incredible so far.
2. Persona 5 : Persona 4 is one of my favourite games ever. Have a story and cast as memorable as 4 and improve the gameplay a little and it will be almost perfect.
3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain : I only recently played through the Metal Gear series after watching Metal Gear Scanlon. After playing Ground Zeroes i'm genuinely excited about the gameplay in a MGS title and of course the Kojima weirdness.
4. The Witcher 3 : Loved The Witcher 2 and love open worlds so this should be great!
5. Yakuza 5 : I've played and loved every English released Yakuza game and this seems the biggest and craziest of them all.
6. Xenoblade Chronicles X : Xenoblade was the best jRPG of the last generation so i'm excited for this!
7. Uncharted 4 : Uncharted 3 was disappointing but The Last of Us was amazing so I have high hopes Naughty Dog can hit the highs of Uncharted 2 once again.
8. No Man's Sky : The procedural world means nothing to me if the gameplay isn't great. However, if they nail the gameplay then that procedural world becomes the perfect backdrop for a game. Cautiously optimistic.

Wow, over 50% of my most anticipated games next year are from Japan, it's been a long time since I have been able to say that.

1. Bloodborne
2. Yakuza 5
3. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
4. Grim Fandango Remastered
5. TearAway Unfolded
6. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
7. Brandish: The Dark Revenant
8. Steins;Gate
9. The Tomorrow Children
10. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Qurupeke

1. Zelda Wii U ; It's a Zelda game. Of course I'm hyped as fuck for this.
2. Xenoblade X ; Sadly, I haven't managed to play the first game yet but this doesn't diminish my hype at all.
3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D ; After OoT 3D I'm really hyped about this. I can't wait to visit Termina again.
4. Witcher 3: Wild Hunt ; Looks great and I hope the polishing has done its job.
5. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate ; Well it's Monster Hunter. I'll probably pass hundreds of hours again on this. Kind of disappointed that it's not coming on Wii U but oh well.
6. Bravely Second ;
7. Yoshi's Wooly World ;
8. StarFox Wii U ;
9. Batman: Arkham Knight ;
10. Splatoon ;

eXistor

1. Legend of Zelda WiiU :
Still my favorite series by far, Zelda U looks to be everything I've wanted in a Zelda game for years. I love most Zelda's, but the sense of adventure, exploration and mystery has been somewhat lacking as of late. Obviously I don't know if Zelda U will deliver in all of these aspects, but from what I've seen, it looks to the case.

2. Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain :
I'm not even a huge fan of the series (the whole military setting does nothing for me), but I do love selected titles in thr series (MGS1 and 3). After playing Ground Zeroes thoroughly, I'm convinced MGSV TPP is set to be the very best MGS game to date and possibly a contender for one of the best games ever conceived (says something about Zelda that I put that even higher right?). The huge amount of things to do and just the pure attention to detail is insane. If I could play GZ for 20 hours easily, imagine how much time I can get out of the game proper!

3. Bloodborne :
Huge Souls fan like so many others here. I love Bloodborne's aesthetics; this truly seems what I had in mind for a next-gen Castlevania (another one of my favorite series), but of course where the actual current Castlevania's did nothing to deliver on its legacy, Bloodborne seems to know exactly what makes these types of games so good. It's like a merger between two of my favorite series in one! I have absolute faith in this.

4. Xenoblade Chronicles X :
The first was a near-classic, held back by a poor last quarter and some truly awful side-quests. On the other hand, the game had a killer soundtrack, truly vast and more importantly, interesting environments to explore, a fun story with decent characters and a fun, if repetitive battle-system. These sequel should and could remedy all these issues and if it can, we finally have our classic Jrpg that we've been hankering for all these years.

5. The Witcher 3 :
Loved the first 2 and I love that each game is very different from the last. In this case, they really seem to understand the "bigger is better" philosophy (something that rarely, if ever, works). I totally get why this would be open-world and it makes total sense. This should be a perfect send-off for Geralt, it just looks to be an amazing world to explore and just wander about in.

6. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask :
This would be way higher if it was a new Zelda, but it's a remake of a game I've already played. Good thing that it's one of the best, most unique and surreal entries in an already very diverse series. I already know the game is a classic, but I'm having trouble putting a game we've already played higher. It's absolutely worth it though.

7. Splatoon :
Finally a completely new Nintendo IP and it looks fantastic. I hope they'll put some real effort in the single player portion of the game, but I think it'll probably shine the most in multiplayer. I'm not usually a mp guy, but my niece and especially nephew should find this game lots of fun, so it'll give me something to do with them.

8. Yoshi's Woolly World :
I loved Epic Yarn, but there was literally zero challenge in that one, they seem to have learned in that regard and it looks to be much more of a challenge this time around (still probably pretty easy). The added power of the WiiU should guarantee some stellar visuals and if they nail the level-design like they usually do, Nintendo'll have another great platformer to add to their rather long list.

9. Mario Maker :
I love, love love the idea behind this and if done right, this could satisy my basic 2D Mario needs for years. I'm not much a a level-designer myself but I'm very much looking forward to what the community can do with this. I'm hoping Nintendo will make levels available designed by Nintendo personnel, how cool would it be to play a Tezuka or Miyamoto designed level?

10. Star Fox U :
It can definitely climb the list, but in order for that to happen, I'm gonna need to see some actual info on the game. I've been waiting for years for a new one though, so it had to make the list.

Honorable mentions:

Uncharted 4: it looks like more Uncharted. I'm very rarely truly impressed by graphics and the demo did very little for me. I'll play it because I enjoyed U2 and to lesser extent U1 and 3, but it's just an inbetween game for me.

Batman Arkham Knight: Kind of and Uncharted situation for me. There's no doubt the game is gonna be good but it looks to be more of the same. I also found the Batman games to have diminishing returns, they never reached the height of Arkham Asylum and from everything I've seen on this it looks fun, but predictable. Like most AAA sequels.

No Man's Sky. Great idea, but I still have my doubts about the execution. I just don't believe the game can hold my interest for that long, it looks to be very repetitive. I'm still eager to play it, as I'd rather play an interesting failure than a safe game any day of the week. Here's hoping they'll prove me wrong.

Grim Fandango: classic game, but it's a remaster. Great that it'll be available to more people now, but it's still the exact same game, only slightly prettier. The game itself is top-tier though.

Persona 5: If there was actually info on the game it would have stood high in the top 10. As it is, we know nothing so I won't put it in the list.

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. Looks fun, but not the type of game to make it in any top 10. A perfect inbetweener.

1. Bloodborne : I imported US version of Demon's Souls before it was even announced for Europe, and I preordered Dark Souls for PS3 the moment it was available, but I didn't finish them until last summer. And when I finally did finish them, I fell in love with them both, so it's easy to get hyped for another Miyazaki-san's masterpiece. Playing the alpha for 9 hours just made the wait harder (I knew it was my 2015 GOTY while that boss from the alpha was hitting my while I was bugged in the nearby wall :D)

2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt : I enjoyed the first one and loved the second one, so I can't wait to see how they handle their stories and choice/consequence elements in the open world. Also, I'm worried about all that crunch talk, and slightly off visuals in some places in couple of screenhots and trailers, but I'll still give them benefit of doubt. And I hope they don't fall in the Ubisoft trap of huge open world with meaningless fluff and filler content.

3. No Man's Sky : When someone promises you whole universe to see and explore, how can you not be hyped?

4. Batman: Arkham Knight : Arkham City is one of my favourite games from the last couple of years, so I'm looking forward to Rocksteady's farewell to the Dark Knight.

5. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number : LOVED the original for its great soundtrack, challenge and atmosphere (and crazy/surreal story), which we'll hopefully get more of in the second one.

6. Firewatch : Everything they said about it, and everything they showed from it sounds and looks awesome. I also love the hints about some greater mistery that they've given us here and there.

7. Splatoon : Was expecting one awesome multiplayer game, just to be surprised by the announcement of it having interesting singleplayer campaign. Couldn't be more glad that I got Wii U couple of days ago.

8. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain : I love the series (yes, even MGS4 and its story), I enjoyed Ground Zeroes, and I'm more than intrigued by the hints of story and characters that we got in all those trailers. On the other hand, I'm still worried about some parts of gameplay and balance of its mechanics. Fultoning everything in sight seems overpowered (yeah, I know that it could and probably will be just the case of vertical slice gameplay), Reflex Mode and alert system seem worse than the alert system we had in MGS3, and I'm really irritated by the pop-in issues on PS4. But, despite all that, I still believe I'll enjoy the game and I can't wait to see Big Boss' transformation.

9. Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell : SR3 was awesome, and SR4 was and still is one of the best, funniest and funnest games I've ever played.

10. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : I hope it'll be more like Uncharted 2, and less like Uncharted 3.

I'd gladly put Rime and Overwatch on my list, but as far as I know, they still don't have any kind of release dates (although they'll probably drop some time during 2015).

Lucc

1. Persona 5
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
3. Tales of Zestiria
4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
5. Bloodborne
6. Batman: Arkham Knight
7. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
8. Quantum Break
9. Resident Evil: Revelations 2
10. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void

yeah.. 2015 is gonna be a good year if those games are released.

Beast780

1. Zelda U
2. Bloodborne
3. Xenoblade X
4. The Witcher 3
5. Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain
6. Batman Arkham Knight
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. Crackdown
9. Dark Souls II Remake
10. The Order: 1886

Dinjooh

1. Uncharted 4
2. The Order 1886
3. Ratchet & Clank: Redux
4. FFXV: Episode Duscae
5. Mario Party 10
6. The Witness
7. No Man's Sky
8. Persona 5
9. Xenoblade Chronicles X
10. Rime

Urgh, there's more I want to add, but so little space.

1. Silent Hills: I went to the biggest SH fanboy to a disappointed husk with the degeneration of the series. Really anxious for this.
2. Bloodborne: One of the things that motivated me to buy a PS4 and From has to bring me back from a disappointed customer to the day 1 supporter I was!
3. Uncharted 4: I'm a sucker for Drake!
4. Mass effect Triology Remaster: I want it! There was community prodding!

ika

1. Xenoblade X
2. The Legend of Zelda U
3. Mario Maker
4. Star Fox U
5. Batman Arkham Knight
6. Xenoblade Chronicles n3DS: Already finished in Wii but is one of the best games ever.
7. No Man's Sky: Very promising but I need to play it first... Don't like the shorts transitions between planets.
8. Day of the Tentacle HD
9. Splatoon: Not a big fan of online games, but Splatoon looks intriguing.
10. Yoshi's Woolly World: We'll see if it's any better than past Yoshi games, and for god's sake, improve the music! One last chance, Tezuka-san.

Other: Silent Hills (yeah, I know, it won't be here in 2015 but still), Majora's Mask 3DS, FFXV Duscae Episode (if only to give it a chance like Yoshi's WW: I don't trust S-E after all these years of disappointments).

AHA-Lambda

1. Hotline Miami 2: It looks more of the same but I'm totally okay with this. More of that fast, challenging and addictive gameplay? More of the cool aesthetic and crazy ambiguous story? More of that damn amazing soundtrack?? Yeah, I'm in.
2. MGS V The Phantom Pain
3. Batman Arkham Knight
4. Bloodborne
5. The Witcher 3
6. Not A Hero
7. Volume
8. Uncharted 4 A Thief's End
9. Heat Signature
10. Pillars of Eternity

Hiko

Banned
1. Bloodborne ; Return of the king, nuff said
2. Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin ; I wasn't fond of this game at first but I've since warmed up to it. It may not live up to Dark Souls 1 but it's still way better than anything else

Duffman

1. MGS V: The Phantom Pain : I really hope that Phantom Pain finally takes the crown from Snake Eater and turns out to be the best MGS to date.
2. No Man's Sky : Looks amazing and i'm really looking forward to play this but I'm afraid it can't redeem all the expectations.
3. Batman: Arkham Knight : Rocksteady's Batman games were one of my last gen favorites and the E3 trailer of AK left me really hyped.
4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D : Never played the original so I'm more than excited to give this one a try
5. Legend of Zelda WiiU : I will probably get WiiU if this turns out to be great.
6. Project Cars :
7. Rainbow Six Siege :
8. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End :
9. Silent Hills :
10. Bloodborne :

Hypron

1. Bloodborne : Dark Souls was my game of the generation so yeah.
  2. Killing floor 2 : the first one is my most played multiplayer games and all the videos they've released make the game look damn awesome.
  3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt : I loved the first two games and I really want to know how the story ends.
  4. DMC4: Special Edition : I love the series and I'll take more DMC.
  5. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : I've yet to play the first three but after playing TLoU I'm really anticipating Naughty Dog's next game.
  6. MGS V: The Phantom Pain : The only Metal Gear I played before was MGR, but this sounds like a lot of fun. I like the apparent freedom of approach and the smoothness of the gameplay.

KyleP29

1. Uncharted 4: Really enjoyed the first 3 games, was blown away with the Last of Us and am really looking forward to see Naughty Dogs next entry and what they have planned for the PS4.

2. Bloodborne: Love the souls series and this looks to be even better

3. The Witcher 3: Looks fantastic but the delays have cooled my hype meter

4. No Mans Sky: Looks amazing and can see this game eating away my free time

5. Quantum Break: I like what I have seen so far and was one of the factors for picking up my X1

6. The Order 1886: Game looks stunning, world looks to have great atmosphere and am hoping the story can blow me away

7. Zelda: I haven’t played a Zelda game since the N64 days and this game looks to be jaw dropping

8. The Division: This game would have been at the top a few months ago but Ubisofts terrible run in 2014 has me worried for this game. Still love what this game can hopefully be.

9. Xenoblade X: Looks very ambitious and am looking to forward to sinking some time in this

10. Halo 5: My first halo experience was the MCC, and was very disappointed. Wasn't blown away with any of the campaigns and the multiplayer is still a mess. Still makes my list as I hope Halo 5 has a smooth launch, better campaign, and I will be able to experience to fun of Halo multiplayer.

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

2. Bloodborne

3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

4. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

5. No Man's Sky

6. Batman: Arkham Knight

7. The Legend of Zelda WiiU

8. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

9. Xenoblade Chronicles X

10. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

1. No Mans Sky : Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship (enter name here). Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before

2. Uncharted 4: A Thief'd End : Crap!

3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain : MGS goes open world? Why did you keep me waiting?

4. Night In The Woods

5. MAD MAX

6. The Tomorrow Children

7. Hyper Light Drifter

8. RIME

9. Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture

10. Star Wars Battlefront

1. Uncharted 4: Uncharted 2 is still one of my favorite games of last gen, and I loved UC3 even with all the hate there is. Needless to say, my hype for this title is immense.

2. Quantum Break: Alan Wake was a really great game, and I love story driven games. I think Remedy is really going to deliver with this one and it has so far looked very interesting.

3. The Legend of Zelda: It's Zelda, it looks amazing. No need to say more.

4. The Order 1886: Yea, everything a lot of people seem to hate about is stuff that I'm looking forward to. If the story is good, I'll be satisfied.

5. The Phantom Pain: Haven't gotten around to Ground Zeroes, but I will soon enough. I love this series and it seems like Kojima is really pushing things forward with this one.

6. No Man's Sky: The concept is so interesting, I really hope they pull it off.

That'll be all for now, and it's just off the top of my head. I'll think about it and see if I change my mind.

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain : I gave up on the overarching MGS storyline after MGS4 but still love the series for its gameplay and scenarios. So between Ground Zeroes' gameplay, Peace Walker's format and all the gameplay demos we've seen, I can't fucking wait to play this game. It looks fun, crazy and amazing.

2. Yakuza 5 : I'd long since given up on getting this, so when Sony announced it at PSX, it was one of the biggest announcements of the year for me. I'm going to play it like it's the last Yakuza that will ever be localised because there's a good chance it will be.

3. Hotline Miami 2 : The first game is probably my favourite indie game ever, so I have very high hopes that the second will be just as fun and addictive.

4. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : I loved the PSX demo and all the changes they're making. If it didn't feel like it was still so far away, it'd probably be number 1 or 2 on my list.

5. Bloodborne : I only finished Demon's Souls recently (after starting it way back in 2009) and haven't even started Dark Souls 1 or 2 but I refuse to be LTTP with this game. Miyazaki is a genius, so I'm sure this will be incredible.

6. The Witcher 3 : Six months ago it was in my top three but the delay to May has deflated my hype quite a bit. Still really looking forward to it but just not as much as I was before.

7. The Order: 1886 : It's an easy target for criticism (which ranges from fair to complete bullshit) but most of what I've seen looks pretty great. I have a lot of faith in Ready at Dawn.

8. Persona 5 : I loved 3, FES and 4, so I'm sure I'll love 5. If we'd actually seen anything from the game, I'd probably have placed it much higher.

9. RIME : Honestly, the obvious ICO inspiration is responsible for most of my hype. The idea of Tequila Works even coming close to that game is very exciting for me.

10. Final Fantasy Type-0 : Hard to believe I'm finally going to play this game (and the FFXV demo) almost nine years after they first announced it. I've been looking forward to it for a long time though, so it'll be nice to finally get the chance, even if it still looks like a PSP game.

1. Persona 5 : look at my avatar.
2. Uncharted 4 : Naughty Dog has a great track record and I expect that to continue with the next Uncharted.
3. Tales of Zestiria
4. MGSV
5. Persona 4 Dancing All Night
6. The Order 1886
7. Xenoblade Chronicles X
8. Ratchet and Clank redux
9. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD : Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae.
10. Rime

your avatar is knack...

TripOpt55

Hmmm... not real sure on this yet, but would like to get my vote in:

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: Naughty Dog has been my favorite dev for well over a decade now and their next game is usually the one I'm most looking forward to. The demo blew me away too. Love all the options available in combat. Looks excellent.

2. Mirror's Edge: The original was the best platformer of last gen and one of the greatest of all-time. Never has a game rewarded me so much for my practice. I hope this next one turns out well.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Love the series and the new big open-world sounds pretty cool to me. Love the artstyle too.

4. Rise of the Tomb Raider: Well, wasn't a big fan of the reboot. Hoping this one has more puzzles and better platforming, but I'm not real optimistic. I guess worst case scenario, it is a solid cinematic action game like the last which I will probably enjoy. Just hoping this is an actual TR game instead.

5. Ratchet & Clank Redux: Not too keen on a remake or "reimagining" or whatever. I'd rather have a new game. But I love Ratchet and having one on PS4 should be rad.

6. Ori and the Blind Forest: The trailer looked really awesome. Seems to have the gameplay to back up the emotional story.

7. Yoshi's Woolly World: I like the Yoshi's Island games a lot. I love the crocheted look of this game. Hope it turns out well.

8. Rime: Looks like a really beautiful game. Hoping it is a bit more Ico than Journey, it kind of reminds me of both.

9. Mario Maker: Love 2D Mario and there is a lot of potential here. Hope it has good sharing options for created levels.

10. Quantum Break: Remedy is a good dev. This looks like a solid cover shooter with a nice gameplay hook and Remedy usually delivers an interesting narrative.

Honorable Mentions: Splatoon, Tearaway: Unfolded, Batman: Arkham Knight.

TP17

1. Mortal Kombat X :

I really like the NetherRealm Studios fighting games and therefore find myself really looking forward to this.

2. Ratchet & Clank :

I can remember renting the original game until completion but oddly never actually played any of the sequels - that I can remember that is. Should be be a cool nostalgia ride with this remake.

3. Persona 5 :

Expecting big things.

4. Uncharted 4 :

Played a little of the original on my old housemates PS3 years ago but having never owned one myself this series has passed me by. Now that I have a PS4 though I will be jumping in with this entry.

---

There are others games I'm watching but not particularly hyped for so I'm just going to leave my list at the 4 games.

Usually there would be a lot more portable games on this list. But theres not many for next year and would make the list isn't officially announced for NA or isn't officially announced. So it more WiiU and PS4 games than I expected. Besides any surprise announcements, and maybe Mario Maker I probably won't get any other home console games since I vastly prefer portables. Especially since I can't even hook my tv up atm and remote play for some games on PS4 like Watch Dogs are impossible so it may be for these PS4 games aswell.

PS: I tried to get any typos, which I'm bad at. Mainly somehow not hitting the damn spacebar. So sorry for any typos and let me know if I did the format wrong. I'm pretty sure I didn't but I may have...

1: Zelda U (WiiU) : One of my favorite franchises is getting an open world game. It looks amazing and I eagerly awaitits arrival.
2: Corpse Party: Blood Drive (PSV) : Beat the first Corpse Party game the day before this got announced! Will start Book of Shadows soon and will be on the full hype train for Blood Drive. This is a fantastic series that scared me to my core, but I keep pushing on because I have to know how it ends for all of the characters and I await its conclusion.
3: Yoshi's Woolly World (WiiU) : Yoshi's Island has always held aspecial place In my heart. Been steadily replaying it and while its still special, I have been fustrated trying to 100% since some parts are just insane difficulty. Other Yoshi games haven't quite held up to Yoshi's Island's standards (Tho I haven't played Yoshi's New Island yet.) But this game looks like it may rival it and hope that it does.
4: Splatoon (WiiU) : It looks so awesome from everything I've seen. Hope it delivers and I think it will.
5: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS) : Played I think the first three dungeons of it, but I hate playing games on systems without a sleep mode (AKA any non portable) and this game especially is just painful to play without a sleep mode, so I am excited to enter this game again when it releases on a system with a sleep mode haha. Really enjoyed what I did play.
6: No Man's Sky (PS4) : I've enjoyed seeing this game everytime its been shown off. I usually don't play exploration games (or non portables), so I hope I enjoy it. I've liked what I've seen and really wanna try it.
7: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4) : Played MGS1, 2, and 4 and enjoyed them all. (Couldn't get into MGS3 and never played Peace Walker.) Will enjoy more Kojima crazyness. I should really try and replay the series and play the other games...
8: Code Name S.T.E.A.M. (3DS) : Looks pretty cool. Never played a game like it, s don't know if I'll enjoy it, but hope I do since it seems like a cool game.
9: Until Dawn (PS4) : Love visual novels. Will most likely enjoy this. As with everygame on this list, looks awesome.
10: Severed (PSV) :  Saw the trailer at PSX and it just looked insane.

I also made a list of games I am most excited for that don't have confirmed 2015 release dates, which looks quite different. So if its ok, I'll post it here:

1: Zelda U
2: Dangan Ronpa: Another Episode
3: Zero Escape 3
4: Corpse Party: Blood Drive
5: Gravity Rush 2
6: The Last Guardian
7: Yoshi's Woolly World
8: The Great Ace Attorney
9: Splatoon
10: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Will be interesting to see who wins. Lits of great games next year overall.

Edit1: Just edited the name of Code Name Steam. I keep mixing that name up for some reason.

Edit2: Added in Corpse Party: Blood Drive now that its almost officially confirmed. Hope it counts!

Caramello

1. The Legend of Zelda for Wii U

2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

4. Xenoblade Chronicles X

5. Splatoon

6. Yo-kai Watch

7. Batman Arkham Knight

8. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

9. Bloodborne

10. Star Wars Battlefront

m0t0k1

Can\t really name 10 games i am excited for so i will see how for i can get.

1. Starfox U ; Lylat Wars is one of my favourite games ever so hoping to see an amazing sequal to that.
2. Hatsune Miku: Project MIRAI Remix ; I love rhythm games and the Miku games always have been great.
3. Yakuza 5 ; Can't believe we are finally getting it. This is one of the better in the series.
4. Persona 5 ; We haven't seen to much about this game that is why i am still careful to rate it higher. I am afraid they will not have dual audio.
5. Mario Maker ; This game has so much potential. But not sold on it since the levels look really short.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
1 - Legend of Zelda WiiU
because it's open world, HD Zelda, need I say more?

2 - Xenoblade X
Xenoblade was easily my GOTG tied with SMG2, sequel seems bigger, its got mechs and HD graphics, nothing comparable

3 - Batman Arkham Knight
I have tons of issues with the Arkham games, and Origin was boring as shit, but for about 25 hours they're hella fun. Looks good, sounds good, gimme

4 - The Witcher 3
I'm not nearly a Witcher fan as some people here, but they're great games overall. This one looks splendid, is open world, and it's a RPG. My CPU fan will spin like a hamster with a firecracker up its arse, but who cares

5 - Splatoon
Looks like tons of fun. I pray there's online, though, but it's really one of the most brilliant games I've seen in years

6 - Yokai Watch
Let's see what the fuss is all about, bring it on

7 - Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D
I'm not much into replaying games, and MM is still cemented into my memory as the best game I've ever played, so I remember basically everything that needs to be done to complete it. But who cares, I'll make an exception because it honestly looks great

8 - Yoshi's Woolly World
it's Yoshi, it's got a massively charming graphical style, it's in HD

9 - Codename STEAM
Looks like XCOM in portable form. Fucking give it to me nao

10 - Day of the Tentacle HD
A blast from the past, and one game that's so wacky I don't remember a single thing about it. Something about putting a bowl of spaghetti on a mummy's head or something. Will replay, easily one of the best point and click of all times

Jb

1. Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain : As much as people like to make fun of Kojima for still making MGS games, he simply has no equals in this industry when it comes to giving each game its own strong identity and designing around it. This is the biggest change to the mechanics of the franchise since MGS1, and despite some initial reservations (reflex, instant alerts, no real life guns/vehicles, Kiefer...) the core concept of true open world stealth seems to me like a dream finally coming to life: giving you complete freedom of approach, a huge number of moves and tools to tackle situations, and taking the best elements of Peace Walker (MB management) to the next level... this could just be one of the absolute best stealth games ever made if it fully delivers on its sandbox promise. Honestly, it could have 0 story associated with it and it's still be my most anticipated game of the year.
2. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt : I know the're's been a number of sources saying the development of that game was more troubled than it seemed, but if there's one studio that's earned my trust over the years it's CD Project. Wild Hunt just seems to finally combine the interesting and unique writing that made 2 so great with the larger scale of 1 in a single open map that allows for discovery and a more contemplative pace.
3. Bloodborne : Crazy that we're getting this barely a year after DaS2, but I'm so glad Miyazaki's been given a completely new canvas to re-invent or slightly tweak every part of the Souls formula. Every single screen they're released just oozes personality and not being to rely on defense should do so much to change the flow of combat.
4; Persona 5 : It's weird to think we haven't gotten a fully 3D SMT game since P4, and I hope that time has allowed that team to come up with a mix of characters, combat system and universe as completely entrancing as the previous games was.
5. Zelda Wii U : This seems like such a bold and interesting direction for Nintendo to take the franchise, one that will seemingly require them to re-think almost every part of its traditional design, that I can't help being excited about it. My biggest fear right now is that, like ALBW, it'll be way too easy, but I'm sure they know the audience of that game is more their legacy fans than newcomers, and will take that into account when it comes to balancing.
6. Uncharted 4 Among Thieves : Like with Gears I honestly felt Naughty Dog had gone as far as they could with Uncharted's combat last gen, but if they treat it more like an Indiana Jones sequel to TLOU with bigger arenas and more dynamic gameplay it could be one hell of an action game.
7. Quantum Break : Glad to see Remedy go back to a straight up shooter, as I found Alan Wake's combat to be fairly underwhelming compared to MP's. What they've shown certainly looks great and stylish. I trust they'll come up with varied and demanding combat scenarios reminescent of their best work.
8. Rainbow Six Siege : Hugely promising for a SWAT 4 fan, but damn if there aren't a hundred ways this game could disappoint. Sub-par gunplay, uninteresting/repetitive maps, lack of tactical opportunities, bad network code... They're saying all the right things, but Ubisoft has a way of putting out unfinished games lately.
9. Batman Arkham Knight : I seem to be in the minority that vastly preferred City to Asylum. The open world just adds so much to combat and stealth mechanics that are solid as rocks but at the same time not that deep. The hope with Knight is that Rocksteady will put every single design idea they have left for Batman to make it compelling the whole way through.
10. The Witness : Braid was one of my absolute favorite titles of last gen, but it's been so long since we've known about this game and I'm not quite sure how much info Blow is witholding to make it that much more exciting once it actually comes out. It is scheduled for 2015 right? :(

1. Persona 5
2. Dai Gyakuten Saiban
3.Batman: Arkham Knight
4. Xenoblade Chronicles X
5. Zelda Wii U
6. The Final Fantasy XV demo(includes Type-0 HD)

1. Saints Row IV Gat out of Hell: Saints Row 3 and 4 are pretty much my favorite games. Yeah I'm ready for more. MOAR!
2. Hotline Miami 2 Wrong Number: Just thinking about this makes me want to play the first one again.
3. Assassin's Creed Victory: Love the time period. Hope they nail it. Better square up against Jack the Ripper and Spring Heeled Jack.
4. Screamride : I long to fling helpless riders to their doom.
5. Mario Maker : I have an idea for a level.
6. Rise of the Tomb Raider: Love the Reboot, ready for some more.
7. Batman Arkham Knight: I'm Batman
8. Battlefield Hardline : Mostly just for the single player. I believe its going to be a cop drama. I could go for one of those.
9. Cities Skylines: Hope its the Sim City we deserve.
10. RollerCoaster Tycoon World: I played the original 3 to death. I hope this one is good as well.

Rumored games
Lego Jurassic Park
Fallout 4
Sid Meier's Masters of Orion

mgcastro

1. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U):
My favourite game series. I look forward to how the devs will handle the open world aspect, how can they (if they can) innovate in open world game design and merge it with your usual Zelda story and gameplay mechanics. I personally enjoy the different graphical approaches the series has been given, this one seems alright, though I expected something more grittier ala Twilight Princess.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (3DS):
My GOAT tied with Ocarina Of Time. it'll be playable at better framerate. The music, the themes, the story, that sense of anxiety MM brought on Christmas eve back in 2000 is something powerful enough to put it as one of my most anticipated games of 2015.

3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain:
Metal Gear series provided the best third person stealth action games, period, nobody comes close. The cinematic elements, the story merged with Kojima's insanity and game mechanics make the series the epitome of AAA cinematic gaming if you ask me, I simply love the series (MGS4 maybe not as much). I just started playing Ground Zeroes, and it has clicked the right feelings on me on every possible way, there is no reason to believe Phantom Pain wont deliver. I have a special place for Zelda games in my heart, so that's why Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain is not my No. 1 most anticipated game of 2015.

4. Xenoblade Chronicles X:
Xenoblade Chronicles was the last RPG that brought me some Chrono-Trigger-esque levels of enchantment. Story was solid for such a long game, music, art and scenery wrapped it up as one of the most epic JRPGs of all time. Game mechanics are a bit boring in my opinion, but hey, the other game elements compensate in a very big way. Looking forward to the next entry on more capable hardware.

flattie

Only four from me; I expect more will come to the fore as the year open's up.

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : Having just finished TLoU:R, I am ready for more Naughty Dog-tier AAA gaming. For me, TLoU was a genuine step forward in terms of gameplay for these guys; I really hope UC4 represents another progression. What they've shown so far seems promising. I'm in.

2. Rime : Looks beautiful. I'm wary of expecting too much, but the trailers so far are just plain gorgeous.

3. Splatoon : I love what I've seen of this so far from Nintendo's up and coming devs. It has a vibe that takes me back to the Dreamcast age when, for my coin, Sega were at their creative best. The ink-ball and squid-transform mechanics look like great fun and I hope they get partnered with some quality level design that really lets you play with those abilities.

4. Bloodborne : I have completely missed out on the whole Souls phenomenon and plan to partly rectify this by trying Bloodborne. I'm not particularly excited to play this game, but the Souls games have garnered such universal praise that I'm more curious to see what the fuss is about, than anything else.

1. Uncharted 4 : After The Last of Us I'm really looking forward to seeing how Naughty Dog will continue to push the medium.
2. No Man's Sky : This is everything I could want from a space exploration game.
3. Metal Gear Solid V : They way Ground Zeroes was handled really turned me off (still refuse to buy it), but I can't say no to a full Metal Gear game.
4. Bloodborne : Spiritual successor to Demon's Souls? Umbasa.
5. Persona 5 : Giant Bomb's Endurance Run of P4 got me hooked on this style of JRPG. Just do something about that dungeon variety.
6. Until Dawn : Someone described this as a David Cage horror game and that's just fine with me.
7. Hotline Miami 2 : Loved the style, story, and execution of the first game.
8. Batman Arkham Knight : The nine-month delay really deflated the hype, but at least it'll give me a chance to finish Arkham City.
9. The Order 1886 : Another case where the delay impacted my excitement, but I'm still looking forward to seeing what Ready at Dawn can do.
10. NHL 16 : Throwing this in there because I haven't bought an NHL game since 2010 or 2011. NHL 15 sucked so maybe they'll make the effort next year. Maybe.

Phazon

1. Zelda Wii U
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
3. The Witcher 3
4. Splatoon
5. Resident Evil: Revelations 2
6. Zelda: Majora's Mask
7. TearAway Unfolded
8. Batman: Arkham Knight
9. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
10. Rime

Top Bottom