• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated 2015 Game (voting ends January 1st, 11:59 PM EST)

Hey everyone, sorry about the wait for the results, I've had a very, very bad case of the flu the last several days so I'll need a few more days to get the results out. Thanks for being patient :)

The top fight I am assuming is between MGS, Zelda, Bloodborne and Uncharted?

I'll leave the results for shinobi. Don't want to take away from the real results thread ya know lol. But yeh you can pretty much tell what the very tops are. Haven't looked at MGS though.

Hey everyone, sorry about the wait for the results, I've had a very, very bad case of the flu the last several days so I'll need a few more days to get the results out. Thanks for being patient :)

Feel better, Shinobi. Looking forward to seeing the results, and let someone know if you need help compiling the results. The flu makes everything worse.

Dawg

962oaul2.gif

Get better soon.

Thanks!

And definitely if anyone would like to help in the tally, please do let me know asap! I could use the help :)

Well I've tallied Uncharted 4, No Mans Sky, Bloodborne, Zelda U, Rime, The Tomorrow Children so far. Working on Witcher 3 now.

But im unsure if you want to do any sort of exemption on votes. Like if people dont number their lists, or if someone is banned if their vote counts, or things of that nature

my system so far has been just using CTRL+F to search, for example, No Man for no mans sky ( as some people use 's and some just put No Mans ) and then just count the total points based on the vote and then total that for each page. Then after im done i just add up the per page totals into the final total.

So its pretty fast so far. About half an hour or so depending on the amount of hits per page. A game like The Tomorrow Children with only 64 total points didn't take long at all lol. But the big ones like Zelda U took quite awhile.

And for system accuracy's sake I got 436 through the first 10 pages for Witcher 3. At that pace it would be fairly high. Not tops though. I think 7-10 will be pretty interesting to see at this point. But again, not sure if any omissions will be used in the final tallying. Got 389 for pages 11-20. Will be interesting to see if it falls or rallies for the final pages. 21-30 was 423 at my count. For a total of 1248.

Counting Metal Gear sucks since people used Metal Gear and MGS alot lol.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I know voting has closed and I'm not expecting my list to be counted, but since I didn't play enough games this year to write up a 2014 GOTY list I decided to write up a most-anticipated 2015 list instead. I recently built a gaming PC and so most (if not all) of the below games are playable on PC. I would have included games like Uncharted 4 on this list if I had a PS4, but I do not and am not planning to buy one anytime soon.

Without further ado, here we go...

rise_of_the_tomb_raider_lara_croft-wallpaper-1280x720-1418170322699.jpg

1. Rise of the Tomb Raider: The Tomb Raider reboot came out of nowhere a few years ago and knocked me flat on my ass. I wasn't expecting much, honestly. I wrote it off as an Uncharted knock-off and figured there wasn't much it could do to top Naughty Dog's excellent Uncharted 2. How wrong I was. I don't think it was a better game than UC2, but it was far and away superior to UC3. What it took from Uncharted (the environmental traversal and combat) it combined with some Metroidvania progression mechanics to come up with something new and exciting. It did contextual cover before The Last of Us, had a pretty solid combat and upgrade system, and was by far the best-looking PS3 game at the time. Needless to say I'm very excited for Rise of the Tomb Raider, which I'm hoping will release on PC alongside its Xbox One launch. There's a very good chance that it might not, but I'm going to continue holding out hope until an official announcement. That's how much I want to play this game. (PC, Q4)

resident-evil-hd-2.jpg

2. Resident Evil HD Remaster: As a quick look at my avatar should tell you, I am a huge fan of the Resident Evil Remake on GameCube. I'm not generally a fan of survival horror games but I've always had a fascination with the concept of slowly exploring and unraveling the secrets of a large, sprawling mansion. Resident Evil on the GameCube turned out to be an amazingly fun (and incredibly tense) game that put me through the ringer and left me feeling satisfied when I emerged on the other side. Not only was it paced perfectly but it looked gorgeous and had an incredible sense of atmosphere. To be able to relive this all in 1080p and 60 FPS (PC represent!) is almost too good to be true. The only thing that would be better is an HD remake of Resident Evil 2. One can dream... (PC, January 20)

the-witcher-3-traque-sauvage-screenshot-ME3050160130_2.jpg

3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: There isn't much to be said about this game that hasn't already been said. The Witcher games have always been pretty great at what they do: providing a robust WRPG experience wrapped in a great story and plopping you in a great world to explore. The Witcher 3 appears to be taking this to the next level, with massive open-world vistas to explore, amazing graphics, and an improved magic and combat system. Having Charles Dance (a.k.a. Tywin Lannister) voice the main antagonist is a masterstroke, and will have me glued to my screen for hours upon hours as I work my way towards the final confrontation with him. I fully expect this game to consume my life when it launches. (PC, May 19)

Dark-Souls-II-Scholar-of-the-First-Sin-1-1280x720.jpg

4. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin: I played Demon's Souls back in the day and didn't really get into it. Understandably, when Dark Souls came out, I avoided it for multiple years since I figured my lack of interest in Demon's Souls would translate into a lack of interest in Dark Souls. I was eventually prompted to give it a shot when it dropped to $5 in an XBL sale, and it ended up completely entrancing me for multiple weeks as I wound my way through its claustrophobic, poorly lit, and unforgiving corridors. The gameplay mechanics were rock solid and they provided me with some fantastically satisfying hours of gameplay. Unfortunately, the game started to grind on me once I hit the Demon Ruins and I realized that the second half of the game was not of the same high caliber as the first half.

I am hoping that Dark Souls II is more like the first half of Dark Souls than the second half, and with a "complete edition" making its way to PC in the next few months I figured it would be the best way for me to experience this game. I hear that Dark Souls II is a little more forgiving, a little more streamlined, and a little easier than Dark Souls. This is totally fine by me, since I felt like the original was sometimes being obtuse just for the sake of being obtuse. The fact that this version will also include the DLC (which I hear is excellent) is just icing on the cake. (PC, April 7)

Conroy_confirms_Arkham_Knight_release_date1.jpg

5. Batman: Arkham Knight: After three Arkham games I feel like this series is getting long in the tooth, but it can't be denied that the Arkham games are by far the gold standard of comic book games, and among the cream of the crop of action games in general. I'm currently playing through Arkham Origins and am having a surprising amount of fun, but I long for the Rocksteady gameplay and level design that I fell in love with in Arkham City. Getting a next-gen iteration of a Rocksteady Batman game is something to truly be excited about. (PC, June 2)

MGSV-The-Phantom-Pain-TGS-2014-Screen-Quiet-African-Jungle-Gameplay-2.jpg

6. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: Metal Gear Solid used to be my favorite game series bar none, but it's been many, many years since I wrapped up MGS4 with a smile on my face. My gaming tastes have grown and matured since then, and I've played some truly spectacular stealth games during this period. Dishonored showed me that stealth can be done very immersively in a steampunk world with a first-person viewpoint, and Splinter Cell Blacklist has become my favorite third-person stealth game ever. So while I fully expect to enjoy MGSV, I have some worries about how much I'll enjoy it. I haven't played a truly good Japanese open-world game and I'm not sure that Kojima will be the person to truly crack it. But at the same time, the man has given me four solid, enjoyable MGS games so it would be stupid to write him off. Looking forward to this one for sure. (PC, Q1)

2546720-homefront+the+revolution+announce+2.jpg

7. Homefront: The Revolution: I had exactly zero interest in the original Homefront. Something about the concept of North Korea invading the US just sounded completely lame and contrived. Which is why it's surprising that I actually find myself drawn to Homefront: The Revolution. Maybe it has something to do with the game being set in Philadelphia, which I spent many years living in myself, as well as the concept of a revolutionary guerrilla war, which could provide some interesting gameplay opportunities that are not present in bombastic war shooters like Call of Duty. Either way I'm keeping an eye out for this game and I hope it turns out to be a decently fun experience. (PC)

2331580-6321698513-Star_.jpg

8. Star Wars: Battlefront: I don't know much about this game other than it's going to be something like a mix between Star Wars and Battlefield. Honestly, that sounds pretty dope. Being able to engage in large-scale Star Wars infantry and vehicular combat is every nerd's dream, and its launch around the same time as the new Star Wars movie is going to ensure that it sells like hotcakes (which means a sizable online community). (PC, Holiday)

43.-No-Mans-Sky.jpg

9. No Man's Sky: I don't know much about this game other than the hype it's getting on GAF. Apparently there's a lot more to it than just exploring random planets, but I would have been more than happy with just a relaxing planet exploration game with a funky post-rock soundtrack. If it turns out that the game has a more engaging gameplay loop than just exploration, great. If not, I'll probably still enjoy it just the same. (PC)

hunt-horrors-of-the-gilded-age-03.jpg

10. Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age: Take Left 4 Dead, set it in the 19th century, and make its levels procedurally generated. With just that description Hunt already has a lot of my interest. I spent many, many hours playing Left 4 Dead 2 due to the way that no two matches ever played out the same way. 4-player horde survival co-op with objectives and bosses thrown in is a whole hella fun. The only concern I have with this game so far is that it's planned to be F2P, so it remains to be seen whether the underlying mechanics will suffer or not due to this decision. Apparently you can only buy cosmetic items, and there will be no gameplay or time limits to anything within the game itself, which is probably the best way to do a F2P game. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. (PC)

Bored again so thought I'd tally the games mentioned. Going to be tougher then I thought. Why?

Zelda U
Bloodborne
MGSV
Uncharted 4
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rime
The Tomorrow Children
Xenoblade U
Witcher 3
No Mans Sky
Persona 5
Until Dawn
The Order 1886
Cosmic Star Heroine
The Witness
Yakuza 5
Scalebound*
Halo 5: Guardians
Quantum Break
Star Wars Battlefront*
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Yoshi's Wooly World
Starfox U
Rainbow Six Siege
Batman: Arkham Knight
Assassins Creed 2015
RollerCoaster Tycoon
Overwatch
Just Cause 3
H1Z1
Splatoon
Below
Firewatch
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Star Citizen*
Mario Maker
Silent Hills*
The Division*
Grim Fandango Remastered
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Break Record
Godzilla PS4*
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Steins;Gate
Life is Strange
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3DS
Ratchet and Clank: Origins
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Mortal Kombat X
Hotline Miami 2
Tearaway Unfolded
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition
Code Name Steam
Dark Souls 2 Remastered
Mighty No. 9
Devils Third
Affordable Space Adventures
Evolve
H-Hour: World's Elite
Crackdown*
Mirrors Edge 2*
Bravely Second

Currently at 64 games mentioned on the first page alone in peoples Top 10 lists. Who ever said the industry is getting stale? Yikes!

Bored again so thought I'd tally the games mentioned. Going to be tougher then I thought. Why?

Currently at 64 games mentioned on the first page alone in peoples Top 10 lists. Who ever said the industry is getting stale? Yikes!

FYI - final tally will only reflect two 20 results. So get your guesses in.

1. Zelda U
2. Xenoblade X
3. Witcher 3

Guesses, not votes - eligibility ended a week ago. :-D

Top Bottom