• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated 2015 Game (voting ends January 1st, 11:59 PM EST)

ta155

1. Star Wars Battlefront

If DICE bring their A game, and they do right by the licence, then this should basically turn out to be my dream game. Sunk so many hours into Battlefront 2 on PC, cannot wait to see more of this and praying that it's ready to come out for the end of the year.

2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Four years since the last one so I'm ready for more. Didn't hate UC3 has much as GAF seems to, but certainly excited to see the UC2 and Last of Us leads in the driving seat for this one. Looks beautiful, level design and gameplay options look far improved, another year of dev time and it already looks great.

3. Batman: Arkham Knight

Would be higher on my list if Mordor hadn't stolen some of its thunder, but still incredibly excited to see Rocksteady push the new hardware as far as it can go. They had me as soon as they showed Batman ejecting from the Batmobile and gliding into the air.

4. Ratchet and Clank

I really, really want them to show some of this. Massive fan of the series, Insomniac are coming off a real high with Sunset Overdrive, and I feel as though this could be a game that gets incredibly close to an animated feature in terms of its visuals. First time I played Tools of Destruction on PS3 blew my mind, hoping for the same impact on PS4.

5. Splatoon

Had fallen off the online shooter bandwagon until Garden Warfare, and I'm similarly enticed by the different take on the formula Splatoon looks to be set to deliver. And Nintendo doing an online multiplayer shooter is naturally intriguing. Looks great.

6. Star Fox

Star Fox 64 was basically my childhood so very keen to see the series return to form and to see what it looks like at glorious 1080p.

7. No Man's Sky

These kind of open-ended 'do as you please' games aren't usually my cup of tea but I cannot help but be hyped for this one. If they deliver then it'll be very special.

8. Just Cause 3

I am so hyped to see Just Cause 2's insane shenanigans amplified on more powerful hardware. The batshit mental stuff you could do in that game was astounding, so I cannot wait to see what you can get up to in 3.

9. The Legend of Zelda

Never quite got into a Zelda game despite my ability to recognise their greatness. This may finally be the one, though. Looks gorgeous, huge map, a Nintendo take on Skyrim would be no bad thing at all.

10. LEGO Jurassic Park

Not officially confirmed but pretty much announced via LEGO Batman 3. Really enjoy the LEGO games generally but when it's a licence I love (LotR, Marvel) I usually find myself genuinely loving them. Jurassic Park is possibly my favourite film of all time and I'm convinced TT Games will do it justice.

desu

1. No Man's Sky
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
3. Rime
4. Ghost Song
5. Zelda Wii U
6. Uncharted 4
7. Witcher 3
8. Bloodborne
9. Project CARS
10. Star Citizen

Mairu

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
2. Persona 5
3. No Man's Sky
4. Xenoblade Chronicles X
5. Star Fox Wii U
6. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
7. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void
8. Overwatch
9. Star Wars Battlefront
10. Mighty No. 9

Ronik

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2. Batman: Arkham Knight
3. Pillars of Eternity
4. Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
5. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
6. Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord
7. Torment: Tides of Numenera
8. Killing Floor 2
9. No Man's Sky
10. Cities: Skylines

1.) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain : This is my favorite series, so it goes here by default.
2.) Yakuza 5
3.) Uncharted 4
4.) Persona 5
5.) Xenoblade Chronicles X
6.) Bloodborne
7.) Tales of Zestiria
8.) Axiom Verge
9. ) No Man's Sky
10.) Zelda Wii U

Crom

1. Zelda U : The best series of all time. Nothing matches the blend of puzzles, adventure, sense of discovery, and action.

2. Xenoblade X : 1st one was great. Can't wait to see what they can do in HD

3. Star Fox U: Been a long time since we had a StarFox game.

4. King's Quest: Loved adventure games back in the day and hope they do it justice with the reboot.

5. Scalebound: After what Platnium did with Baoynetta 2 and Wonderful 101 I have no doubt that this will be gold (or I should say platinum)

6. Witcher 3: Huge epic RPG. Looking forward to it.

7. Bloodborne: Love the Souls series. Tons of challenge that is missing in today's games

8. Splatoon : Looks fresh and could shake up the genre

9. Kirby U: Loved Canvas Curse. This looks like a major improvement.

10. Mario Maker: Have only thought the NSMB series was OK. Here is a chance to get (from other fans) and make some awesome 2D Mario levels.

sense

1. Uncharted 4 : there is nothing to say besides it is a Naughty Dog game and I love them all.
2. Persona 5 : I absolutely loved persona 4 golden on vita, persona 3 portable was great too so this is a no brainer
3. MGS 5 : I didn't think I would be excited for another MGS game but it seems different enough and the story is always crazy enjoyable.
4. The Order 1886 : Haters gonna hate but I love me some story driven action games and this one seems right up my alley.
5. Bloodborne : Never played the souls games but the setting and gameplay on this one seems very interesting and so I am excited for this one
6. Steamworld Heist : I loved steamworld dig after I played it for free on vita so I am going to buy this game because I love strategy games.
7. Witcher 3 : I really want to give this game a shot because I love story driven games but just couldn't get past the controls on PC so will try it on ps4
8. Everybody's gone to rapture : Looks really good and love what I have heard so far about it
9. Rime : Looks so beautiful and I just want to lose myself in the world,
10. Axiom Verge : Reminds me of metroid on the gameboy which i loved and the music is good!

Honorable Mentions- Grim fandango, shovel night vita, banner saga vita, shadow of the beast (if it still exists!), Hellraid, Division and rainbow six(if they make it in 2015 but i doubt it) dragon quest heroes and what the heck persona 4 dancing!

1. Zelda Wii U
Been a long wait from the last console Zelda.
Let's hope the huge world will give us lots to do and lots of freedom to explore.

2. Splatoon
Ah. Splatoon. The third person shooter with ink and squids.
I love the crazy and weirdness of it. The artstyle, enemies etc.
Gameplay seems like great fun for even someone that isn't too fond of shooters.

3. Starfox Wii U
It's finally a new Starfox. Let's hope it will be good this time.

4. Xenoblade Chronicles X
The original was great and I hope this one finds a way to be even better.

5. Shantae Half genie hero
Always liked Shantae and the first kickstarter I backed. With Pirate Curse being great. I have good hope for HGH.

6. Yoshi’s Woolly World
After New Island. We really need a great Yoshi game again. Let's hope it delivers.

7. Mario Maker
The last trailer we saw with the Mario 3 and world mechanics makes me keep an eye on this.

8. Hyper Light Drifter
Another backed kickstarter. Looks very nice in Graphics , combat and world.

9. Street Fighter V
Hopefully an improvement over Street Fighter IV. If it actually is ready by 2015.that is.
Better have Makoto too!

10. Batman: Arkham Knight.
Enjoyed Arkham Asylum. Let's hope this one will be even better.

1. Zelda Wii U : Each 3D Zelda has been worse than the last. Twilight Princess is the only one I played through only once and Skyward Sword is the first one I skipped completely. While it's too early to say for sure, the new one doesn't seem to have any stupid gimmicks that'll ruin it, so that's worth getting excited about, I guess.
2. The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg : Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa : I voted for this last year and it didn't come out this year, so I'm voting for it again this year.
3. The Witcher 3 : I just finished playing through The Witcher 2 (and am in the middle of my second playthrough). If you can still bone chicks in the third game, I'm down. I was kinda disappointed that the second game had less sex than the first one, though, so maybe The Witcher 3 will have even less and won't be worth playing. We'll see.
4. Starfox Wii U : There hasn't been a good Starfox game in over 17 years, and I don't have a lot of faith Miyamoto can change that, especially since he seems to want to cram gyro controls into it. But there's a non-zero chance the game won't suck, so eh, it goes on the list. Whatever.
5. Until Dawn : I don't own a PS4 and I don't know if I ever will, but this looks like the first exclusive on the system worth a damn, so if I ever do pick one up, this game will probably be the first thing I buy for it.
6. Saint's Row: Gat Out of Hell : Oh yeah, this is still a thing. Shame about the lack of a physical version for the 360. My 20 13GB hard drive filled up long ago and I don't want to deal with the hassle of clearing space on it, so I've given up on downloadable games for the 360. Maybe I'll buy this on some other system someday.
7. The Tomorrow Children : Is this game online only? Does any music play while you're playing the game? Will it be fun at all? I don't know, but should I ever get a PS4, I might take a look at it. It is pretty damn gorgeous.
8. Cosmic Star Heroine : Too bad about no 3DS or Wii U version. I'll have to buy it from a Humble Bundle at some indeterminate point in the future
9. Dead or Alive 5: Last Round : A PC version means lots of sexy mods I can fap to.

Xenoblade doesn't go on the list because I don't trust NoA to not be grossly inept with a 2015 localization. Anyway, I'm not very excited about next year. I'll probably spend more time playing the 2014 games that I missed.

1. Zelda WiiU; Because it looks like a really incredible Zelda Game.
2. Xenoblade X; Because i loved the first one and the second one seems to be even more ambitious
3. Batman Arkham Knight; Hopefully its the first game where I will say "thats impossible on PS3".
4. Uncharted 4; While 3 was bleh I really liked the last of us. I hope the new one will give us the feeling that Uncharted is a series to stay.
5. Persona 5; Havent seen much so far but if its half as good as 4 I am all over it.
6. Yarn Yoshi; Loved Epic Yarn. This one looks even more adorable.
7. Touch Kirby; Kirby comes off a very strong 3DS game and the predecessor to this spinoff was the best use of the DS touch screen to date.
8. Toad Treasure Tracker; Since it already appears in some GOTY Lists in america I cant wait to play it in europe.
9. Splatoon; Yes it looks amazing and it also seems to have great single player.
10. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate; Kind of a bummer that no wiiU version is there but I will surely enjoy it on my new3dLL.

Honorable Mentions
Yokai Watch ; Hopefully it gets localized
Yakuza 5; YES!
Starfox; the name alone makes it exciting. also miyamoto is on the project (hopefully platinum)?
Street Fighter 5; Looks too much like 4 but what the heck Ill buy it.
Mario Maker; I am still reserved because I think it needs more obstacles and enemies and also hopefully a great system to share the levels.
Starcraft Legacy of the Void; if there was a solid release date this would be instant No.1
Blizzard All Stars; looks incredible so far and I dont really enjoy DOTA type games.

Decado

Hmmm...after the landslide of PC games in 2014 I most anticipate catching up on those releases.

As for 2015's games...

1. Salt and Sanctuary : SKA Studios is currently my favourite indie developer.
2. Hotline Miami 2 Wrong Number : Sequel to one of my favourite indie games.
3. Age of Decadence : After such a long wait one wonders...
4. Broforce : Loved the Exbandabros demo.
5. Grim Dawn : Looks like a fun alternative do Diablo.
6. Killing Floor 2 : Finally with controller support...and more gibs :)
7. Secrets of Grindea : The Zelda game I actually want.
8. Ori and the Blind Forest : So pretty...
9. Pillars of Eternity : More out of curiosity, than anything. I want to see what Sawyer can do with a RTwP system w/o D&D handcuffs.
10. Bloodborne : Time to see if a PS4 will eventually be worth picking up...

1) The Division ( oh god I hope they dont flop it )

2 ) Ratchet and Clank Redux (hope they go back to 60fps and more like acit )

3) Uncharted 4

X) Crash Bandicoot ( one can hope )

Mezoly

1) Uncharted 4: one of my favorite franchise it's always bring me joy.

2) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: I always wanted to know what made Big Boss a villain and this seem like the game that will shed some light on his story.

3) No Man's Sky: sense of exploration and relaxation intrigue me.

4) Batman Arkham Knight: this seem the last Batman game from Rocksteady so I'm interested to see what they do with the Dark Knight.

5) The Division: post apocalypse RPG count me in

6) Until Down: choice based horror game is something new that I'm interested to try.

7) Rime

8) Everybody Gone to the Rapture

9) The Order 1886

10) Grim Fandango Remastered

If I thought Mass Effect 4 was coming in 2015 I would've voted for it at number 1 unfortunately I don't believe that would be the case.

Sterba

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Persona 5
3. Xenoblade Chronicles X
4. Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
5. Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
6. Bravely Second
7. The Division
8. Uncharted 4
9. The Witcher 3
10. Star Wars Battlefront

1. Bravely Second : I guess I'm really a big fan of Bravely series. Played the original Flying Fairy, grabbed the improved For the Sequel version, bought both PAL & NA CE version (screw that hideous Agnes figure) thus it doesn't make sense if I don't care about its sequel next April. :p
2. Splatoon : E3 2014 surprise new title. Even my friends who isn't interested in Wii U or Nintendo in general are giving such positive impression on its 1st trailer. Hopefully this will make them buy a Wii U :p
3. Xenoblade Chronicles X : The more console jrpg is better. And damn that large scale world from the trailers which is more massive than Xenoblade Chronicles.
4. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : It's a new Zelda title. Who doesn't excited :^)
5. The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D : Best 3D Zelda getting a remake YAY
6. Tokyo Xanadu : I dunno... kinda interested in getting into Xanadu series, so hopefully this will make me play more of the old title lol
7. The Legend of Legacy : It's SaGa game that isn't a SaGa
8. SaGa 2015 : Finally a new SaGa
9. Rodea the Sky Soldier : Yuji Naka new game. I want it.
10. Persona 5 : Secretly wish it to be more like P1/P2 heh :3

1. Legend of Zelda Wii U : LoZ has always been one my favorite gaming franchises, and finally being able to play one without motion controls and in HD is something that I very much look forward to.

2. Xenoblade Chronicles X : Open-world with mechs. I'll take it.

3. Metal Gear Solid V : I love me some Big Boss.

4. Bloodborne : I love the setting, unlike the settings from the Souls games.

5. Mario Maker : Hopefully it isn't held down by Nintendo's questionable online decisions.

6. Yoshi's Wooly World : The first 2D platformer that I'm interested inin quite some time.

7. The Witcher 3 : Since I need to play the previous two before I play this, it'll probably;y be quite some time before I get to experience it.

1. Uncharted 4 - That last demo convinced me. It improved on eveything that I wanted. Get a good online and my body is ready.
2. FFXV - If it manages to come out to the west at the end of 2014. I love FF, my favorite jRPG franchise.
3. MGS4 - It's Metal Gear Solid.
4. Rime - Looks like an amazing platformer and absolutely love the style.
5. The Witcher 3 - Looks massive, epic and everything I'd want from a fantasy game in that time.
6. Xenoblade Chronicles - Looks like a fantastic game, cannot wait. Might make me buy a Wii U even though I don't have as much time to game as I used to.
7. Bloodborne - Was a fan of Souls 1. This looks stunning.
8. Zelda U - Love the artstyle.
9. The Division - Not sure if it will come out in 2015 or not. Looks like a blast with my friends.
10. The Order 1886 - Only thing that worries me is gameplay. If they make section good, it goes up to #4 or #5 on the list. Everything else looks absolutely majestic & wondrous.

Darius

Banned
1. Zelda Wii U
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
3. Star Fox Wii U
4. Mario Maker
5. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
6. Devil Third
7. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
8. Yoshi's Wooly World
9. Bravely Second
10. Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker

yurinka

1. Uncharted 4
2. The Order 1886
3. Rime
4. Metal Gear V
5. No Man's Sky
6. Bloodborne
7. Mighty No.9
8. The Division
9. Hotline Miami 2
10. Hyper Light Drifter

wait, this says Crackdown for early 2015 ? I call bullshit, early 2015 is probably when we'll see the first gameplay, if it's at all before e3.
Crackdown, Scalebound and Phantom Dust, Silent Hills or Street Fighter V doesn't have announced release dates, so can't be included in this thread. For what we know, they are very likely to be 2016 titles.

Rival

Gold Member
1 - uncharted 4
2- Zelda wii u
3 - blood borne
4 - persona 5
5 - the order
6 - mgs tpp
7 - star fox
8 - the witcher 3
9 - xenoblade

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
1. New Need for Speed- With an extra year to make it, I'm expecting great things from EA.

2. Halo 5- Gotta get into the beta and see what's up.

3. Time Crisis 5- I'm a sucker for light gun shooters, so I gotta check this out.

4. Drift Stage- They had me at the '80s graphics, music and Initial D driving mechanics.

5. Star Wars Battlefront- It's freaking Star Wars. Enough said.

6. Project CARS- This will keep me busy until Forza 6 comes out.

I'll probably add 7-10 later on.

Megatron

1. quantum Break : my top 3 are basically interchangeable. I gave QB the nod because it's a new ip. I know of less to expect from this game than I do the others.
2. Uncharted 4 : love the original games and really interested to see what Naughty Dog does with the ps4 hardware.
3. Zelda WiiU : The art style looks wonderful and am really intrigued by the open world aspect.
4. Rise of the Tomb Raider : loved the 2013 game, ready to see what comes next.
5. Mario Maker : hopefully I play this as much as I think/hope I will. I really want to try this out.
6. Splatoon : intriguing new ip on the WiiU.
7. No Man's Sky : really curious to see if this game can meet its bold promises.
8. Rhyme : I admittedly know almost nothing about this game. But it looks pretty.
9. Arkham City : the Arkham games haven't held my interest after the first game, which I loved. I'm hoping this is the game that changes that.
10. The Order 1810 : I know advance word isn't great, but I am still hopefull this will turn out well.

1. Splatoon : Not only a fantastic looking game, but also tickles my fancy in terms of world building and art-style.
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X : Thoroughly enjoying my first play through of Xenoblade at present and am liking the idea of a more sci-fi story.
3. Rime : Predominantly based on my love for its art-style, but whatI've heard about its gameplay sounds right up my alley too.
4. The Legend of Zelda U : I want to see if EAD can pull of an open-world Zelda, to be honest.
5. Code Name S.T.E.A.M. : A new RTS IP from IntSys set in an alternate history where Abraham Lincoln is commanding a team of literary icons to fight aliens? Yes, please.
6. Yoshi’s Wooly World
7. Bloodbourne
8. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
9. Bravely Second
10. Star Fox U

SykoTech

1. Persona 5
2. Ratchet & Clank Redux : Would probably be #1 if it was a completely new sequel instead of a "reimagining" of the first game. Still, it's the franchise's current gen debut and Insomniac's veteran team returning to the series. There's a lot to look forward to in it regardless.
3. Metal Gear Solid 4: The Phantom Pain
4. Batman: Arkham Knight
5. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
6. Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
7. Dead or Alive 5: Final Round
8. Xenoblade Chronicles X
9. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
10. Tearaway Unfolded

1. Quantum Break : Remedy has not let me down before, media blackout and day 1 purchase.
2. Zelda Wii U : I haven't been very hot on Zelda for the past couple of years but the idea of the series opening up again has really grabbed my attention.
3. Halo 5 : Having played the beta I feel pretty good about the games prospects, just hope the servers work!
4. Ori and the Blind Forest : Everything I've seen from the game looks incredible.
5. Xenoblade Chronicles X : Xenoblade was a fantastic game, mechs can only make it better.
6. Metal Gear Solid V : Grounds Zeroes played better than any 3d Metal Gear before it, hopefully Phantom Pain will bring the needed content.
7. Below : As I wrote last year a Zelda rouge-like sounds perfect.
8. Life is Strange : Sucker for time travel stories, be nice to have a Telltale style adventure game without the technical baggage Telltale games have.
9. Final Fantasy Type 0 : I don't know if I'd be as interested without the e3 discount but that and the FF15 demo gets my attention.
10. The Way : My rule of thumb is not to get my hopes up for kickstarter release dates, for an Another World inspired project though I will make an exception.

1. The Legend of Zelda WiiU
2. Uncharted 4 'A Thief's End'
3. Quantum Break
4. Rise of the Tomb Raider
5. Starfox WiiU
5. Splatoon
6. Rime
7. Everybody's gone to the rapture
8. Inside
9. Below
10.No man's sky

1. Batman: Arkham Knight
3. witcher 3
4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
5. Bloodborne
6. Street fighter V
7. RiME
8. The Order: 1886
9. just cause 3
10. project cars

Holdfing

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
2. Batman: Arkham Knight
3. GTA V PC
4. Witcher 3

The rest is a mystery to me.

pelican

1. Uncharted 4 - PS4
After Mass Effect my favourite Franchise of the last generation

2. Rise of the Tomb Raider - XO
I'm a major fan of the reboot Tomb Raider (own and completed it on PC, PS3, PS4 and XO; so yes I am excited for this!

3. Star Wars Battlefront - PC
I have faith in DICE, even after the BF4 launch - I don't think EA's CEO Andrew Wilson will allow the same mistake to be repeated twice

4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - PC
Always loved MGS, and Ground Zero had great gameplay mechanics and played very well. Kojima - release date kk thx.

5. Halo 5 - XO
Despite the "troubled" Master Chief Collection launch (and the current multiplayer being 720p), I'm still very optimistic about Halo 5.

6. Tom Clancy's The Division - PC
Mark my words - this will either be brilliant or a major disappointment - no middle ground. I'm hoping for the former;p

7. The Legend of Zelda - Wii U
See that Mountain? I'm going there!

8. No Man's Sky - PS4 (or PC)
Despite not seeing any evidence of "gameplay" I love the look and genuine excitement from Hello Games so I'm eager to check this out.

9. Quantum Break - XO
I love Remedy, that is enough of a reason to be looking forward for this game. Loved the reveal at GamesCom.

10. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - PC
Well, this depends if the E3 reveal was accurate.

All formats getting some love:D This list simply scratches the surface of the games I'm eager to get my hands on during the next year - honourable mentions from the top of my head :

Batman
Splatoon
Witcher 3
Star Fox
Xenoblade Chronicals X
Mortal Kombat X

Draconian

Well, let's see here.

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: The new entry in one of my favorite series looks great.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D: I've never played this one, but playing as the Hero of Time again sure has me excited.
3. Xenoblade Chronicles X: Monolith Soft look sure to impress with their open world sci-fi RPG.
4. Yoshi's Wooly World: I love this artstyle! Looks like a lot of fun.
5. Batman: Arkham Knight: This series is great. I eventually need to get a console that it's coming on though.

Uraizen

Banned
1. BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extend : What can I say? Check out my avatar, it's my favorite fighting game series.

2. Under Night In-Birth Exe Late : Being localized by Aksys this year and I plan to support one of my favorite fighters.

3. Mortal Kombat X : I adore the idea of each fighter having three fighting styles as well as the re-introduction of run.

4. Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm : One hell of an indie fighter that's basically a virtual successor to 3s made by ex-SNK employees.

5. King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match : Was planned for a Winter release but seemingly got pushed back to 2015.

6. Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition : My motivation to play this game again has skyrocketed ten fold.

7. Bloodborne : A more offensive Demon's Souls sounds pretty cool, so I'll pick it up.
8. Dead or Alive 5 Last Round : The series has improved quite a bit as a fighter since Itagaki left. So I'm interested in giving it a genuine try.

9. Dragon Ball Xenoverse : DBZ made by Dimps again, but in the perspective I never liked for the newer DBZ games. However, it looks like there's more to this game than the ones from last gen.

10. Aztez : Mainly on the list because of the combat aspect of the game. Either way, it looks like it'll be a fun indie game.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X
I loved the Wii version and need more. MORE.

2. Majora's Mask 3Ds
This'll be the game that'll make me buy a 3DS. I never had the chance to play it on N64 so I am incredibly excited.

3. Zelda Wii U
Another Zelda? Sign me up! I just hope they ease on the tutorials when the game begins.

4. No Man's Sky
My brother owns a PS4 since I'm not sure I have the PC to run the game, but I love procedurally generated games that take themselves seriously. I hope this one delivers.

5. Rollercoaster Tycoon World
I loved the first game, thought the second one was good but was really dissappointed by the third. I love theme park games and RCT stands at the top. Maybe I'll get a new favorite.

6. StarFox Wii U
I really, really, need to do a barrel roll.

10. Halo 5: Guardians
*sigh* I really, REALLY want to like this game. I really do. I don't own an Xbox One and if it turns out a mess like MCC then I will definetly not be getting one. That doesn't mean the game still doesn't have my attention. Yes, this is a number 10. It's there, but barely, even if there are no 6-9.

J.T

Banned
1. Uncharted 4
2. Uncharted 4
3. Uncharted 4
4. Uncharted 4
5. Uncharted 4
6. Metal Gear Solid V
7. Batman Arkham Knight
8. Bloodborne
9. The Order:1866
10. The Witcher 3

cybroxide

1. Legend of Zelda U: I simply cannot wait for this. It looks so good so far.
2. Splatoon: This game looks to be an outrageous amount of fun.
3. No Mans Sky: I think this could be truly inspiring.
4. Xenoblade CX: Dinosaurs? Mechs? Xenoblade? Looks perfect!
5. Bloodborne: Looks sick!
6. Bravely Second: Loved the first one.
7. Below: Looks very interesting
8. MGS5: Not sure how i feel about open world MG but Im sure it will be great.
9. Hyper Light Drifter: Looks really cool, love the art.
10.Fast Racing Neo: Maybe this will scratch that FZero itch.

TriBlade

1. Zelda U

2. Xenoblade X

3. Star Fox U

4. Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

5. Devil's Third

6. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

7. Splatoon

8. Hyper Light Drifter

9. Majora's Mask

10. Captain Toad

daegan

1. Persona 5 : Feels like forever since I've played a new Persona. I'm stupidly excited for this.

2. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD : Waited and waited for a PSP version that never showed. The tracks in Theatrhythm get me intrigued.

3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain : It's MGS.

4. Hyper Light Drifter: Just looks wonderful. Almost like candy.

5. Yakuza 5 : I'm very late to Yakuza - just played 4 about a year ago but I loved it and am very happy this is coming around.

6. Galak-Z
7. Xenoblade Chronicles X
8. Splatoon
9. Persona 4 Dancing All Night
10. Radio The Universe

Com_Raven

Well, let's see...

1) Quantum Break:
I have been a huge fan of all of Remedy's AAA games- their mix of action, great visuals and writing works really well for me, and I really loved what I have seen so far in demos of the game. Also, Sam Lake strikes me as an extremely cool dude, so bonus points for that^^

2) Evolve:
I might be slightly biased here, seeing how they use our engine, but every single match of Evolve that I have so far played was a total blast. I am also digging their character design (reminds me of action figures) and animation (some of the best I have seen). And Turtle Rock is a great team that has lots of people actively interacting with their fanbase.

3) Halo 5: Guardians:
Few franchises are as near and dear to my heart as Halo, so this one has to be on the list by default. There were things I loved and things I hated in Halo 4, but I definitely enjoyed their changes to the story's presentation in cutscenes and during gameplay. Also, I need to find out if a certain character is gone for good -.-

4) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End:
Uncharted Trilogy was the only reason I got a PS3 (and the only games I ever played on it), and it is the only gaming series besides AC that the GF and I always play together. Also, Nathan Drake is one of the most immediately likeable gaming characters ever- will be interesting to see if the new creative team can keep it like that.

5) Star Wars: Battlefront:
Let me repeat that. Star. Wars. Battlefront. The fact that we get a new, non-Lego, non-Kinect Star Wars console game is exciting as it is, but it will be interesting to see what DICE can bring to the series.

6) Assassin's Creed Victory:
Yes, I am part of the problem ;) Leaving aside the disappointing bugs and issues the game had, I actually thought that Unity held great promise in terms of the world and the assassination missions. Between a new lead studio, a more mature engine and a great setting, I have high hopes for AC Victory.

7. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt:
The game looks great, and CDP are awesome with storytelling. Now I just hope that I enjoy the combat more than in Witcher 2, where I never quite got to terms with the controls (not saying that it was the game's fault^^).

8. Pillars of Eternity:
I put way too much money into that KS (seriouly, I don't even dare tell people), but how could you not throw money at the screen at the idea of getting a proper "new Infinity Engine" game from Obsidian? Nostalgia for Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale alone gives this a spot on my list.

9. Battlefield Hardline:
I have always been a fan of a more intimate (yes, that's what he said) Battlefield experience with more infantry and less tanks, so this game's MP might be right up my alley. I am also curious to see what a previously SP-focused dev like Visceral can add to the franchise.

10. Rainbow Six Siege:
I would be surprised if anyone who likes MP shooters or has played games like Rainbow Six or Counter-Strike in the past was not blown away by the E3 stage demo. It looks like the game I always imagined playing back when I first read Rainbow Six (the novel). And the micro-destruction of walls and floors was very impressive.

Honorable mentions, since the games do not have an announced 2015 date:

- DOOM: As you can see above, I love my shooters, and this is a new DOOM from id. Enough said.

- Overwatch: I love Blizzard's approach of taking other people's ideas and polishing them to addictive perfection, so the first shooter (and first new IP in over a decade) from them is something I have to try.

- Shadow Realms: BioWare is one of my favorite developers ever, so a new IP from them is a cause for major excitement. I also had the honor of working with some of the people at BioWare Austin before, and wish them all the best :)

Muzy72

Banned
1. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U) : Easily the game I'm most excited for next year. I mean, it's a new Zelda, of fucking course it's going to top my list! The initial reveal teaser at E3 had me absolutely stoked, and the gameplay footage we got at The Game Awards has me even more excited. And Aonuma keeps saying all the right things about this game. Huge open world to explore, taking inspiration from the first Zelda, learning from their experiences with Wind Waker HD and A Link Between Worlds, this is the Zelda I've been waiting for.

2. Splatoon : A new IP from Nintendo EAD? Sign me up! Looks like a really creative and interesting take on the shooter genre, and most importantly it just looks really fun. I can already tell from the E3 gameplay alone that I'm going to put hours and hours into the game, and that seems to be just scratching the surface of the game. There's going to be a lot more weapons, maps, etc that should really add variety to the game. And after the Nintendo Direct in November I'm quite intrigued with what they're doing with the single player mode!

3. Xenoblade Chronicles X : I have yet to actually delve into the original Xenoblade game, but that doesn't stop me from really looking forward to the sequel! The game looks absolutely gorgeous, the world looks huge and expansive, and we can travel in mechs! How cool is that?? And with hints of online co-op, this could easily be my most played game on Wii U next year.

4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain : I only started playing the MGS franchise around April but I've absolutely fallen in love with the series. So far I've beaten MGS 1 and 2, and making my way through 3, hopefully I'll be done with the series by the time TPP comes out. But everything shown so far makes it look like it's going to be the best game in the series yet. The FOX Engine is marvelous, and judging from what I've seen of Ground Zeroes they've seriously improved the gameplay. Super excited for this one, can't wait to see what Kojima has in store! Plus, Metal Gear Online looks really fun.

5. Yoshi's Woolly World : Holy fuck this game is gorgeous.

6. Code Name S.T.E.A.M. : I love Intelligent Systems so any new game of theirs is easily going to make it on my most anticipated list. It looks like their take on XCOM and Valkyria Chronicles. Plus the setting is really cool. I mean, you're being commanded by Abraham Lincoln!

7. Tearaway Unfolded : Tearaway on Vita was a brilliant game, one of my favorite games of 2013 and easily the best Vita game out there, so I'm very excited to see how Media Molecule expands the game on PS4!

8. Mario Maker : Officially endorsed ROM hacks of Mario games. I'm so in.

9. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D : Confession time: When I originally played Majora's Mask as a kid, I hated it. The 3 day system was just too much for my poor, younger self. But I'm really excited to give the game another chance, with fancy updated graphics and with the added convenience of Sleep Mode.

10. Star Fox (Wii U) : I don't really care for the franchise outside of Star Fox 64, but with Miyamoto being heavily involved, this might be the franchise's return to glory.

Sweet Ivy

1- Batman: Arkham Knight
as the last installment of the series, I think this will feature all Rock Steady ever conceived for their Batman, so it's going to be absolutely awesome!

2- Uncharted 4: A thief's end
Well, it's Uncharted and it's probably going to be the best in the series. Every uncharted is an amazing box of adventures and fantastic locations, I'm sure this will be as well and more!

3- Hellblade
Spiritual successor to Heavenly sword? I'm not sure but I'm ready. This is going to be artful and engaging Ninja Theory style. I'm looking forward to the gameplay especially.

4- Evolve
It was too fun to play, I think this will be a really cool, different and engaging online, I just hope it won't come short of content ala Titanfall.

5- The Order: 1886
all done and said, I can't wait to have this in my hands. The style is fantastic as well as the characters. I want to feel engaged :)!

6- Tearaway Unfolded
Haven't played the PSVita "version", so I'm so looking forward to this. The style and uniqueness are unbeatable.

7- Satellite Reign
A Kickstarter I funded, what I've seen and played so far really captured the mood they were aiming for. Can't wait to put my hands on the full game.

8- Tom Clancy's: The division
Well, I just hope this will be as amazing (game-wise, not necessary visuals-wise) as we've been led to believe so far. That would be enough to blow me away.

9- Star Wars Battlefront
A Star Wars shooter from DICE. A Star Wars + shooter fan really couldn't ask for more!

10- Yoshi's Wholly world
I'm a fan of platform and want to put my WiiU to good use. This looks so cute and I can't wait to play it co-op!

So, it was hard to only choose ten, and even harder making a numbered list, these were also contendind to make into it :)!
No Man's Sky
not in my top ten, but could be my next year's GOTY, it all depends on whether it will manage to suck me into the game. It's got all the potential, I just feel I have to play it to really understand.

The tomorrow children
this got me really intrigued, great style and I feel it's going to be really interesting!

Rise of the Tomb Raider
I loved the mood and execution of the reboot, so I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

H-Hour: World's Elite
Funded this on Kickstarter and I really can't wait to finally play it. I haven't checked if they are releasing a PS4 version, but I really hope so!

Metal Gear Solid V
the Phantom Pain I'm not a MGS fan (never played one, I confess) but I don't want to miss this one.

Halo 5: Guardians
Never played an Halo campaign, so it's why it isn't higher on the list, but I'm pretty excited for it!

Assassin's Creed Victory
I skipped Unity, I hope this raises the series again, I suppose that it depends on who's behind it. All in all the setting is too intriguing to not be hyped!

Siberia III I love this series and definitely look forward to this!

Quantum Break not sure what to think yet, but I'm certainly quite curious to check it out!

Mad Max love the setting, what I've seen so far seemed a bit "traditional" so I have some reserves on this, but I can't wait to see more.

Scalebound on the fence again, it didn't click with me, but could be a cool one.

Crackdown 3: co-op galore, the preview looked so good! I'm really looking forward to it jumping all around the city with my buddy. A good reason to have an XBone, but it's NOT gonna happen in 2015, I'm not even sure anything exists apart from the trailer.

IcyEyes

First of all let me say that the first 10/15 games on the list are basically of the same interest to me.
Making a rankings list was difficult and I'm sure I'll be unhappy with the current list ranking soon enough !

1. Tom Clancy's The Division
    I expect this game to revolutionize the idea of playing online co-op in a MMO environment.
    The idea of surviving in a hostile (and equally interactive) environment, using tech gadgets and coordinating with other players, makes it absolutely incredible.
    I hope the challenge level is really high and I hope the game will feaure the same mood that the trailers set.
    The demo shown in December was absolutely incredible. The gameplay fluidity was at never-before-seen heights.
    The feeling is that we could find ourselves playing another masterpiece because the developing team is one of the best in the world.
    Visually it's amazing and could easily snatch the best-looking-game crown.
  3. Batman: Arkham Knight
    I don't know where to start to describe how much I'm hyped for this game... it's ... it's Batman! This is the only game that really made me feel (of playing) the Batman.
    This is one of the best franchise ever.
  4. Bloodborne
    The setting is just fantastic and if we add awesome visuals, the gameplay of the variously D.Souls, it's easily a no-brain mention, a game that makes history just because it's happening. I just hope it will stick with the promise of a solid frame-rate!
  5. Satellite Reign
    The Cyberpunk atmosphere of this game is perfect, the beta looked really promising and since I'm a fan of the Syndicate series, I can't wait to play this strategic game.
  6. No Man's Sky
    The idea of exploring a universe shared by all the players is alreay a game in itself. The music is already great and will take us company during our travels... I'm already afraid I'll "lose myself" in this universe!
    I really hope this game will turn in something amazing.
  7. Hellblade
    I love all Ninja Theory games. The main character looks great and I feel this could become my favourite hack'n'slash. A cross between the style of Heavenly Sword, the engaging world of Enslaved and the artistic visions of DmC could render this game absolutely incredible.
  8. Evolve
    The hype for this game is already very, very high because it looked truly fun and challenging at the same time.
  9. Rise of the Tomb Raider
    I'm a fan of the series. It's true, Tomb Raider 2013 doesn't share a lot with the origina, but frankly I don't care much. The "new" Lara is among the best characters ever and Tomb Raider 2013 was a very engaging game, like few manage to be. Obviously the hype is really high, but I doubt it will release in 2015 ...
  10. The Order: 1886
    The mood of the game, the graphics, the characters and the idea of playing an "interactive" shooter are enough to make me really look forward to this game!

These game are more than a "simple" honorable mention !

• Shadow Realms
    I already know I will love this game and if will deliver the premise, this game could be one of my goty.
  • Quantum Break
    The gameplay demo was enough to make it look like a very, very interesting game. This game will likely be one of the good reasons to own an Xbone.
  • Star Wars: Battlefront
    There really isn't much to say. Who isn't waiting for this game?
  • Assassin Creed Victory
    Even if it runs at 15fps I couldn't care less. Assassin Creed in the Victorian Era is the game in the series I've been waiting for a long, long time!
  • Life Is Strange
    Since I loved RemberMe I can't really wait to see this new game from this dev!
  • Battleborn
    Seems like a lot of fun and I really like the visual style.
  • The Witness
    So beautiful and really intriguing!
  • Halo 5: Guardians
    Who isn't interested by the new Halo? The hype will grow with the time.
  • Mortal Kombat X
    I love all Mortal Kombats and I can't wait to play this one as well!
  • Mad Max
    I hope it manages to capture the mood of mad max!
  • Rime
    My hopes for this game are really high.
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
    It looked really interesting and great, it also seems like one of those games that could introduce something new in the game genre, but it could fail at it.
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    I like the series. I'm not really a fan, but I played the first two chapters and will play this one too!
  • The Tomorrow Children
    Interesting and really beautiful to look at. Visionary.
  • Deep Down
    I like the idea.
  • Dying Light
    A mix of genres with in a setting I don't particularly enjoy, but it doesn't matter, I'm definitely interested in this game.
  • Tearaway Unfolded
    The first Tearaways is absolutely marvellous. I hope this on on Ps4 will deliver a unique experience as it did on the PSVita
  • Battlefield Hardline
    I like what I've seen so far, I'm interested.
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
    Great visuals and seem really interesting to play.
  • H-Hour: World's Elite
    I have positive hopes for this game.
  • Helldivers
    Looks really, really interesting and with an intense gameplay.
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    I'm not a real fan of the series, but I've played all of them and I'll play this one as well. This will be an amazing game..
  • Pillars of Eternity
    I confess the beta let me down, but I'm sure the final game will be great.
  • Soma
    The setting is interesting.
  • The Legend of Zelda
    I confess that the refreshed look of Link is what has appealled the most to me for this title.
  • Splatoon
    Seems fun and engaging!
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
    I really like the mood of this game :D
  • Space Hulk: Deathwing
    I'm a fan of Warhammer and I'm interested to every game linked to this franchise. I really hope this will be a great surprise for me.

KiteGr

1. Persona 5
2. No man's Sky
3. Bloodborne
4. Dark Souls: Complete PS4 enhanced edition (don't remember the name.)
5. Final Fantasy XV

Anth0ny

1. Zelda Wii U : It's Zelda. Even though that first gameplay footage looked kinda disappointing, I'm excited. It's coming off Link Between Worlds, the best Zelda since Wind Waker, so I'm confident in Aonuma and company at the moment.

2. Metal Gear Solid V : This game looks so damn good, and judging from Ground Zeroes, plays really damn good too. Can't wait.

3. Majora's Mask 3D : A remake of the greatest game of all time. Damn right I'm hyped. Hopefully I can play it on a New 3DS, too.

4. Bloodborne : Miyazaki is back and I'm hyped. My game of the generation last gen was Dark Souls... can Bloodborne live up to the expectations? I hope so.

5. Xenoblade Chronicles X : God damn this game looks so good. Xenoblade was really fun too. Looking forward to this.

6. Splatoon : This game looks like a fucking blast to play. I can see this being my most played game next year, along with Smash Bros.

7. Star Fox U : Haven't seen much of it yet, but I'm hoping a first party team works on it and they get Koji Kondo back for the score. We need a good Star Fox game again!

1. Life is Strange: DONTNOD's second game. This is coming off of me just finishing Remember Me which I thoroughly enjoyed. The game interested me the first time I had seen it in the middle of 2014 and after the trailer released I had to preorder the game.
  2. Obduction: One of the first computer games, if not the first computer game, I played was The Manhole by Cyan Worlds. Later my family had played Myst series and I had always loved the worlds they made.
  3. Jenny LeClue: Cute little puzzle game
  4. Exogenesis: Visual Novel that is supposed to have puzzles throughout (inspired by 999 and Ace Attorney, we'll see heh)
  5. Elysian Shadows: Interesting looking RPG
  6. Xenoblade Chronicles (New 3DS): Wanted to play this game and do most of my gaming on the PC or handheld
  7. Star Fox Wii U: If it is in the vein as Star Fox 64, that would pretty much push to get a Wii U
  8. Persona 5: I suppose I'll get a PS4 for this. Still need to finish P4G
  9. Xenoblade X: I do love RPGs, especially big ones
  10. Firewatch: The trailer of the game seems interesting.

Top Bottom