• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated 2015 Game (voting ends January 1st, 11:59 PM EST)

1. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
2. Bloodborne
3. Rime
4. The Witness
5. Grim Fandango Remastered
6. Persona 5
7. The Order 1886
8. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3DS

These are all the games I actually anticipate at this time. The rest is just kind of there, but I guess I'll be hyped when I see more footage.

Sillverrr

1) Batman: Arkham Knight. Every gameplay element they incorporate in this series is nailed. The free-flowing combat is a joy to behold and I love the dark comic book style. Throw in tremendous voice acting to boot and I was won over as a fan of both Rocksteady and the Batman universe.
2) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. I have played 1-3 and enjoyed them all. Mainly for the insanely convoluted story. Then it was such a long time before MGS 4 that I forgot certain aspects of proceedings, so I didn't start it. With 5 finally coming up I have an incentive to play the entire series in order.
3) Persona 5. It's true what they say about Persona 4 Golden on Vita; I felt like a member of the Scooby Gang while investigating the year-long murder mystery in Inaba. Some of the best party members of any game; amazing music; insights into Japanese culture; intriguing blend of visual novel and turn-based dungeon crawling. Took me over a year to complete one playthrough on and off - I must go back and play the third entry, but it's finding the time to do so :(
4) Final Fantasy: Type 0. Looks more like Final Fantasy XII than XIII, which makes it alright in my book.
5) Bloodborne. Haven't played the Souls games even though I own them, but still picking this up because I fully intend to start this series one day and want to support this kind of game.
6) Pillars of Eternity. Backed this at a high tier and hope it approaches Baldur's Gate in terms of complexity and memorable party members. Guys developing this game are legends.
7) Uncharted 4. Best cinematic action series in my opinion. Love me some Nathan Drake, in a platonic sense - the type of love two men can share.
8) Telltale - complete GoT/Borderlands. Okay, so these started in 2013, but I won't play them until all the episodes are available. Not a fan of episodic gaming, but a massive fan of Telltale and anything they put out.
9) Xenoblade Wii U. Burned out on the first one and won't pick it up again until the 3DS port, but honestly - it was bloody fantastic for the multiple hours I did put in. Can't see Chronicles X disappointing based on the developer's track record.
10) The Witcher 3. I haven't played 2 beyond the first forest town. The tiny font of the PC version when played on an HDTV upset me. I want to 360 controller this beauty though and I have until May to restart it before the 3rd game is out.

Won't bother with honourable mentions because they're basically all the other games listed in this thread :)

1) Bloodborne
2) Persona 5
3) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
4) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
5) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
6) Mortal Kombat X
7) The Legend of Zelda
8) Halo 5: Guardians
9) Batman: Arkham Knight
10) Xenoblade Choronicles X

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt : The Witcher is probably my favourite game series of all time. They know how to tell a story, how to present choice & consequence. Fast forward to May, please!
2. Pillars of Eternity : Obsidian is one of the best game developers out there, I'm so glad they decided to dive into the world of cRPG's.
3. Torment: Tides of Numera Spiritual successor to Planescape Torment? Hell yeah!
4. Hearts of Iron IV : After the huge success of Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV, I'm really looking forward to this next installment of World War 2 strategy.
5. GTA V : It's finally coming to PC. Can't wait to play.

moai

1. batman arkham knight.
2. Zelda wii U.
3. The division.
4. Uncharted 4.
5. Halo 5.

i noticed after writing the list only one new franchise :(

Vinc

1. Uncharted 4: What can I say? It's Naughty Dog's first game of the generation, TLOU Remastered not withstanding... I pretty much loved all of their games, and have great faith that this one will be spectacular.

2. Halo 5 Guardians: Hoping the beta will confirm this one, but I love the franchise. I especially love Halo 1, 2 and 3, but I thoroughly enjoy all of the other ones. Halo 4 was by far my least favorite of the mainline entries, but I have faith that 343 has the talent and drive needed to create a fantastic sequel on their second go at it.

3- Quantum Break: I freaking LOVE Max Payne 1 and 2, and Alan Wake was one of my favorite games of last gen. This one just looks spectacular, especially in the latest gameplay trailer we got, the platforming sections look great.

4- Bloodborne: Loved Demon's Souls and completed Dark Souls this year. Not as big of a fan of DS2 so far but I have faith in this one.

5- The Legend of Zelda Wii U: I'm a huge Zelda fan and this one looks like a small revolution for the franchise... what more can be said?

6- MGS V The Phantom Pain: One of my favorite franchises out there... and I loved Ground Zeroes despite its demo status.

7- Batman Arkham Knight: Getting a bit tired of the Arkham formula after Shadow of Mordor, but it's still technically and mechanically solid, plus this one's delay helps me in being more hyped for it. Rocksteady are best in class when it comes to action games.

1: Persona 5: so happy to see a PS4 release for this one. I really enjoy the persona games and each title is so very distinct. I wonder where they will go from the investigation team of the last one.

2: bloodbourne: it looks incredible and more games in this genre is a good thing.

3: final fantasy Type-0: I've been waiting so long for this one, pretty much ever since it was announced and the runout mill said that while the translation and voice acting had been completed the game was being shelved due to PSP piracy. Even if it did not come with the XV demo I would be all over it.

Reserving the rest for later...

jjonez18

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : I had a blast with UC1-3 and with this one pointing towards an epic finale, how could UC4 not have taken the 1 spot
2. Bloodborne : I never got into the Souls series, but this game's atmosphere and gameplay has Held me captive since its reveal.
3. Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain : Playing Metal Gear just makes you feel like a bada**
4. Mortal Kombat X : I need a visceral fighter like MKX. New fatalities, new stories, new characters, new stages. I'm in.
5. Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengence : I'm ready for the grind. This game will probably consume 100s of hours of my life.
6. Rime : Looks like a Wind Waker mixed with a Team Ico game. Also no combat, something rare this generation. Nuff said.
7. Persona 5 : Looking to jump into the Persona franchise with the fifth iteration.
8. Batman Arkham Knight : The Batmobile. I AM BATMAN!
9. The Tomorrow Children : Looks like Minecraft with a twist. Something I can pour my life into.
10. The Order 1886 : A story-driven third person shooter? That's right up my alley.

Tmecha

Neo Member
1. Halo 5
2. Quantum break
3. Scream ride
4. Witcher 3
5. No mans sky
6. Smite
7. The division
8. Ori and the blind forest
9. Fable legends
10. Cup head

1. Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
  2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  3. Bloodborne
  4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  5. Final Fantasy XV
  6. Persona 5
  7. Batman: Arkham Knight
  8. Silent Hills
  9. Uncharted 4
  10. Pillars of Eternity

Runners up: Type-0, Zelda U, The Division, Kingdom Come, MKX, Xenoblade, and
Tacoma

1. The Legend of Zelda U : Why? Because it's fucking Zelda, the best video game franchise of all time! Zelda is gaming royalty that exists in a higher plane than other games. That's why.

2. Bloodborne : I'm huge Souls fan. I played the alpha and loved it. After a somewhat disappointing Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne looks like a true return to form for the series.
But dear God, From, please give me at least stable 30fps. This is the fourth game in the series, it's time for non shitty frame rate.

3. Xenoblade Chronicles X : Xenoblade Chronicles single-handedly saved JRPGs for me. A genre I once loved but hardly play anymore because the quality of the games has declined drastically. Chronicles was amazing and Chronicles X looks even more amazing.

That's my holy trinity for next year. Majora's Mask 3D, an enhanced version of my favorite game ever, is coming as well but I don't think remasters belong on lists like this.

Blairinks

Neo Member
1. Bloodborne
I was fairly late to the party on Dark Souls and Demon Souls, but the depth, passion, and restraint shown in both series really revitalized my interest in slowly and mindfully exploring open worlds. If Bloodborne is anything like its predecessors, it will also be my first chance to get my friends to play a From game with me as it is coming out.

2. Monster Hunter 4 G
This series has been a favorite of mine since my friends and I began hunting together in 8th grade with Monster Hunter Freedom. While I'm pretty disappointed with the game's controls on the 3DS, I'm eagerly awaiting this new installment which is doing away with the frustrating water combat and seeking to evolve the gameplay with new high-ground mechanics.

3. MGSV: The Phantom Pain
MGS was another series I got into a little late, but the first game in the series is still (in my opinion) one of the best games I've ever played. I know that Hideo Kojima's writing style puts a lot of potential players off, but from what I've seen in Ground Zeroes, I'm definitely interested in giving the full game a solid try.

4. No Man's Sky
My interest in this title may well be influenced by my knowledge of his development, but I think this is one of the more impressive games coming out in 2015. I'm a sucker for Indie passion projects and am still amazed at the ambition of the game's premise and execution. I think that, if it can pull it off, this will be considered one of those truly definitive "Next-Gen" games that really shows off what the newer hardware can do.

5. Persona 5
I honestly just love the themes and style of the Persona franchise. I haven't gotten the chance to play them as much as I'd like, but I think Atlus is at least one of the most daring and interesting developers at the moment. Honestly the gameplay in this series isn't as compelling to me as the story, but the two build off of each-other so well that I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this title over through the year.

6. Silent Hills
I've always admired the original Silent Hill games for their restraint and skillfulness in building atmosphere. I think Silent Hill 2 is one of my favorite examples of what makes games unique as a medium, and the right way to tell a story without words. I think the playable teaser faithfully adhered to the style of the classics, and the lighting and sound design were some of the best I've ever seen.

7. The Division
Despite the warning signs that this game might be in trouble, I'm optimistically hopeful for this game to deliver on its lofty promises. I think this game has the potential to live up to what many people wanted Destiny to be, a deep and player-driven mainstream MMO FPS.

8. Splatoon
I haven't played many first-party Nintendo games since the N64, but I think the event of an original IP by them is a rare enough thing to be celebrated. Though the game draws pretty heavily from some Indie inspiration, I'm looking forward to seeing what the masters of unapologetic simple fun over at Nintendo can do with it.

9. Star Wars Battlefront
Who hasn't been waiting for this ever since they played Battlefront 2? These games, by all rights shouldn't have been as unique and interesting as they were. No other mainstream series has been able to put together such a well-balanced class-based shooter with so much variation.

10. Overwatch
I'm still not sure I can get behind Blizzard's new market strategy of simply creating it's own casual free-to-play version of popular genres instead of the more advanced stuff that made them a success. I miss the old Warcraft and Diablo games, but have to admit that all of Blizzard's newer pet-projects have been executed with unbelievable grace and skill. Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm both looked like clones when they were announced, but I'd say they've distinguished themselves appropriately since then, and I'm sure Overwatch will be the same.

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain : The conclusion to Big Boss' story and the bridge between his and Solid Snake's. Incredible gameplay that is just begging me to be played.
2. Bloodborne : The next "Souls" game from Miyazaki. I need it.
3. Persona 5 : The next entry in the Persona franchise, the first real one since 2008's Persona 4.
4. Uncharted 4 : the next Uncharted game on PS4.
5. Soma : the spiritual sequel to Amnesia: The Dark Descent, aka the scariest game of all time.
6. Final Fantasy Type-0 : It will surely be better than XIII.
7. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U) : Zelda Skyrimified ? Hell yes.
8. Mighty No. 9 : Spiritual sequel to Mega Man, one of my favorite franchises.
9. Battlefield Hardline : I personally think that this game looks good, despite some of the bad press it got.
10. Mario Maker : A game for which everyone has been asking for the past two decades and more.

Actual

1. No Man's Sky: Space exploration, procedural environments and an amazing visual style... This the game I've been wanting all my life.

2. Zelda U: It's Zelda, it's open world.

3. Hotline Miami 2: That music, that violence!

4. Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.: Intelligent Systems...

5. Ori and the Blind Forest: Looks sad, cute and looks to have interesting mechanics.

6. Halo 5: Guardians: I love Halo and this seems to bring some of the cooler stuff from Destiny (third person attacks, etc)

7. Batman Arkham Knight: Next gen Batman? Sign me up.

8. Yoshi's Wooly World: I really loved Kirby's Epic Yarn, despite what people think of it, this looks to improve on it.

9. Ratchet and Clank: Ratchet and Clank is just awesome and Insomniac is back in the "fun" saddle after Sunset Overdrive.

10. Splatoon: Nintendo trying to make an online shooter? I have to try that.

Struct09

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: It look gorgeous and ambitious. After how great ALBW turned out I am very excited for this one.
2. Mortal Kombat X: I absolutely loved MK9, and this game looks dark and fun.
3. Batman Arkham Knight: One of my favorite series of the last generation.
4. Bloodborne: Hoping the online is as good as it was in Dark Souls 2.
5. Uncharted 4: Enjoyed the first 3, and am sure I'll enjoy this one too.
6. Hotline Miami 2: Can't wait to get the new music stuck in my head.
7. Halo 5: The beta has been fun.
8. Splatoon: Got to play the E3 build and thought it was great.
9. The Witness: I loved Braid, and The Witness seems like my kind of game.
10. No Man's Sky: Very ambitious, looking forward to how it turns out.

KingJ2002

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Legend Of Zelda Wii U
3. Star Fox Wii U
4. Mortal Kombat X
5. The Order
6. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
7. Assassins Creed Victory
8. Batman: Arkham Night
9. Uncharted 4
10. Ultra Street Fighter 4 (PS4)

Gandalf

1) Bloodborne:
Demons Souls was my game of the generation last time around. Dark Souls was fantastic too. Same team, had to be my number 1 really. Can't wait to finally play it. The atmosphere and enemy designs we've seen so far have looked phenomenal.

2) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End:
Like a lot of the games I'm most excited for, I love the series! And Naughty Dog are one of the best developers in the business. Nathan Drakes last adventure will be glorious. (I believe it's his last?)

3) Persona 5:
Started with Persona 4: Golden on Vita back in 2012, I shouldn't have left it so long! It turned out to be an amazing game, and one the best JRPGs I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Went back and played Persona 3: Portable, loved it aswell. Persona 5 will hopefully be as amazing.

4) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain:
Huge Metal Gear fan. A couple of years ago this probably would of been my number 1 choice, as I loved MGS4 a lot. Ground Zeroes was fantastic too. My top 4 was very tough to decide on... Very close indeed. On another day it could of been different.

5) Final Fantasy Type-0:
I've been hoping for either an EU release of this on PSP, or on Vita via PSN... A HD port on PS4 with a bundled FFXV demo you say? Day one.

6) The Order: 1886:
This game appears to be very divisive already. However, Set in an (alternate) atmospheric Victorian London (which is pretty much my ideal setting) I can't wait to have a go. Ready at Dawn have made some great games already, I have hope this will be good too.

7) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt:
There hasn't been a huge amount of action RPGs on the PS4 so far, hopefully this delivers. I have faith!

8) Batman: Arkham Knight:
The gameplay I've seen of this so far looks fantastic. Love the Arkham series. Nothing else I can really add!

9) No Mans Sky:
Looks very original, and the sort of game you could sink a ridiculous amount of time into. I love exploring in games, and this has that aspect in abundance.

10) Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number:
Will probably buy for the soundtrack alone, loved the first, will be one of my first purchases of 2015.

All the games in my top 10 will be day one purchases.

Honourable Mentions:
Resident Evil REmake HD, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Halo 5, Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS4), Dark Souls II (PS4), Until Dawn. Grim Fandango Remastered, Rime, Ratchet & Clank.

List is subject to change based on announcements, and games I may have forgotten.
If Silent Hills is confirmed for 2015 at any point it will be very high up on my list.

2015 looks like it is going to be a fantastic year. Very tough to pick a top 10.

Thanks.

Tom_Cody

1. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U) : The best. I can't wait to see what this ends up being. I have played every Zelda (barring 2 on the NES and the CDi titles) and I can't wait to experience this.
2. Metal Gear Solid The Phantom Pain (PS4) : One of my all-time favorite series. I have played through MGS 1-3 multiple times, but I only played through MGS4 once I was never able to get up for Peace Walker. I'm hoping this will be the iteration that makes me fall for the series again.
3. Code Name S.T.E.A.M. (3DS) : I love the Advance Wars series and the Fire Emblem series and I'm dying to try this. This will likely be my most played game of 2015.
4. Star Fox (Wii U) : A new Miyamoto created Star Fox for the Wii U! What more do I need to say. I can't wait to try out Miyamoto's new gameplay systems.
5. Xenoblade Chronicles (n3DS) : I love what I've seen of this game (mostly speaking of its presence in Smash) but I missed my chance to play it on Wii. I can see this duking it out with Code Name S.T.E.A.M. for my most played game of 2015.
6. Splatoon (Wii U) : Splatoon simply looks amazing. I love Mario Sunshine and this looks to be a spiritual successor to that title in some ways. The major potential downside is that I don't get many chances for local multiplayer, so I'm hoping that online ends up being implemented well and that the single player campaign ends up being robust.
7. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS) : I never gotten into a Monster Hunter title but I am gearing up to dive into this one full bore. I love what the franchise has grown into and I can't wait to actually experience playing through one, hopefully with some online multiplayer GAF companions.
8. Mario Maker (Wii U) : My excitement for this title is mostly based on the quality of Mario Paint and Wario D.I.Y. I can see this being very addictive.
9. Just Cause 3 (PS4) : Just Cause 2 was great fun and I'm super pumped to see how 3 turns out. The grapple is one of my favorite 3D gameplay mechanics.
10. The Witness (PS4) : Everything shown so far has looked great. I can't wait to see what Blow & company are able to turn out.

Honorable mentions:
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U), Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, and Final Fantasy XV would have made the cut I'm doubtful that they will come out in 2015 (at least in the US). Majora's Mask 3D didn't make because, while I super excited about it, I'm playing Ocarina of Time 3D right now (and loving it) and I probably won't need to play three Zeldas in one year. The Devil's Third is kind of an X factor for me. The media released so far has looked kind of assy, but I'm personally hoping that Itagaki's collaboration with Nintendo ends up being a return to form.

1. Drifter: because fuck yes
2. The Tomorrow Children: because its crack
3. :
4. :
5. :
6. :
7. :
8. :
9. :
10. :

Good man. Not enough TTC love in here, but not many played Alpha so understandable. Let me just say it could be the best of 2015, despite all the numerous releases. So addicting.

Went ahead and edited mine. DQ: Heroes is really fighting my brain for a spot in the top 10 too. Tough to leave it out. Same with the Order and Disgaea 5

1. Uncharted 4: I enjoyed each entry whether I played them on PS3 or on the Vita and I’m very excited to play the first post TLOU Uncharted game. It seems like the game will borrow some gameplay elements and I think it’s for the best. I can’t wait to play that one!

2. Metal Gear Solid V, The Phantom Pain: the next installment in a favorite license of mine and it looks and plays fantastic. I’m so excited for this game.

3. Hotline Miami 2: there’s a thirst in me and this game will quench it. They have to die. All of them.

4. Bloodborne: I did not finished Dark Souls, didn’t play DS2 nor Demon Soul yet I’m interested in this one. The gloomy visuals, the quicker pace in combat, I’m hooked, I want to play that.

5. Zelda WiiU: I have this strange idea in the back of my head that I’d enjoy a WiiU. The next iteration in the Zelda franchise looks like something I wouldn’t want to miss.

6. Severed: « From the makers of Guacamelee comes a new… ». Stop. That’s enough for me, I absolutely want to play that. Dungeon crawling with a touch of Vita. Awesome.

7. Galak-Z: long time no see but I didn’t forget you buddy. Great 70’s anime a la Go Nagai visuals, tight handling and explosions. My Vita needs it!

8. Dying light: hold down buddy… Your game looks like Half-life 2 mixed with some Mirror’s Edge. What the… Well, I’m actually OK with that. The game looks and sounds awesome. I still need some validation on the technical side because these guys at Techland have a lot to prove on consoles but if it’s OK, I’ll be glad to join the zombie skull breaking party.

9. The Order 1886: the game’s got some grip on me lately, I’m slowly getting hyped. By the steampunk Victorian era setting first, by the visuals too obviously. I hope I’ll like what I’ll play though… I don’t expect or need a revolution in the area of the gameplay to have fun but, please, let me play… That’s all I want.

LAA

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X; Absolutely incredible the first one and very hyped for this.
2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain; Quite a new fan to MGS, first started with the vita collection, loved them ever since.
3. Zelda Wii U; It's a Zelda game. Nuff said.
4. No Man's Sky; High hopes for the game. (No pressure guys!)
5. Uncharted 4: Presentation unlike any other game I know and Naughty Dog are pretty masterful with that atm.
6. Majoras Mask 3D; Played OOT3D, wanted to play this since.
7. Until Dawn; Like what I'm seeing so far, I just question whether I have the guts to play it...
8. Halo 5: Guardians: Looking forward to playing the beta. Just hope they can make it a worthy system seller.
9. Steins; Gate; Loved the anime (currently watching again), and I hear it's one of the best visual novel games so looking forward to it.
10. Naruto Storm 4: The finale of Naruto, so as a naruto fan looking forward to it. Hopefully they can improve things story wise like they have previously.

Hard choices. Other honourable mentions are Hotline Miami 2, God Eater 2 Rage burst (please localise)

1. Yakuza 5: Yakuza is the boss of them all since 2005.
2. Ryū go gotoku 0: Sweet 80's bubble economy.

Yup... not a fanboy.

JDHarbs

16091309641_984c4561b0_o.png

1. Star Wars Battlefront : 10 years. By the time this game releases next year, that's how long it will have been since the last real installment in the series. They were the first games I ever loved, and I hold them so dear to my heart. They introduced me to online multiplayer, and immersed me in my favorite films better than any other Star Wars game before it. DICE has massive expectations to live up to, and after the Battlefield 4 debacle I'm scared to death of having my dreams crushed yet again like so many times before. Just make it like the old games with a DICE spin or two, and just please have it work. We've come close to having it back so many times now that the thought of it failing again is just too much to take. I've been waiting 10 years for this so of course it would be #1 on my hype list from the second it was announced.

16091309571_3eda4c0035_o.png

2. Batman: Arkham Knight : Probably my favorite new franchise from last gen. For me the Batman franchise is second only to Star Wars, and these games did for Batman exactly what Battlefront did for Star Wars. They made me feel like I was there. For the first time I could feel like I was the Batman, and Rocksteady did such a masterful job of it that they are arguably the greatest licensed games of all time. However, the last installment came from a different studio and watered down the series with more of the same despite having arguably the best story and presentation of the series. I'm just glad we get to have the original creators at the helm for one last ride before the franchise gets placed in new hands where it will probably never be the same like so many others today.

16091309511_2f7c2b0aa3_o.png

3. Halo 5: Guardians : This series has been my life for nearly a decade now. The best memories I have gaming all came from playing this series throughout the years. So much has changed though. Halo just isn't Halo anymore. It's becoming something else entirely, but that may not be a bad thing as long as it remains something unique. Halo multiplayer at its worst has still been better than any other on the market to me. It's just difficult to accept that we may never get another true Halo game, but the Master Chief Collection helps with the pain. At least when it works it does. I have faith that 343 can make something worthy of the Halo name, but if we have another online population flop again then they will be running out of chances. With that said, I've had to bump Halo down a few spots in my list which would normally be #1 on a yearly basis.

15905951280_6e76cc3c0d_o.png

4. Rise of the Tomb Raider : I had never touched a Tomb Raider game before until last year. It just never seemed like it was something for me, but the reboot's reveal got enough of my attention to finally check this series out. I picked up the Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld games, and I got hooked quickly. The puzzles. The charm. The environments. It was all so fun and challenging. I got pretty hyped for a next-gen version of this, but the final product definitely threw away some of this in exchange for a gritty Uncharted competitor. It wasn't a complete failure though. Some aspects of Uncharted could really help Tomb Raider flourish, but more work has to be done to balance both styles which I'm confident Crystal Dynamics can achieve with this sequel.

16092522652_b96947c1e7_o.png

5. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege : This is the first shooter in a long time that has actually impressed me by trying to do something different and actually push the genre forward instead of just making adjustments to the Call of Duty formula that has put innovation of this genre in a choke hold for years now. What they are doing with destructibility is nothing short of amazing. Any wall, floor, door, etc. can be destroyed to create new pathways. So much emphasis is placed on teamwork and communication to coordinate tactics to win which is something so few shooters push anymore. It all just looks and feels so unique and refreshing from the rest of the pack of sequels and clones that fill this genre that for the first time in a long time I'm actually excited to play a new FPS.

16092522572_fda60da0b8_o.png

6. No Man's Sky : The game's official reveal at VGX last year was simply mind blowing. I had probably never seen a demo as impressive as that one before. This game felt like it was going to pave the way to the future of games, but everything that has been shown since then has just been more of the same. Like many others, I didn't really know what it was that we were even supposed to do, but maybe that's a good thing. They've come out and said some of the various things we can do, but they have to be hiding something up their sleeves. It has impressed and intrigued me enough to land just outside the top 5 of my list. I'm hoping for something that will make me feel blown away, but if the content of the demos is the best thing we're going to get then I'd be okay because its impressed me so much.

16091309251_c89c1ceb81_o.png

7. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain : The idea of an open world stealth game intrigued me enough to say that this will be my first Metal Gear game. I've known for a long time how loved this series is, but I just simply never got around to playing it. I had hoped to pick up the series at some point, but the Legacy Collection was so overpriced and the HD collection doesn't include all of the games. However, with Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain releasing on Steam, I've decided to hold off purchasing the rest of the series out of hope that they too will come to my favorite platform some day soon. I'll probably not pick it up next year to wait for impressions and give Kojima a bit more time to announce Steam releases for the rest. I've always hated jumping into a series anywhere except the beginning.

15473556323_4d5c9d442f_o.png

8. Cuphead : The art style alone caught my attention from the moment I saw footage of this game for the first time. It appears to be a perfect little love letter to the classic animated cartoons from as far back as the 1930's. I've seen so little of it that I have no clue how the game will actually play, but the concept is just so unique that I can't help but get excited to play it next year. With that said, it has firmly solidified itself in my top 10 games to watch for next year. I just hope we get to see a little bit more of it soon.

15907484607_ddc00ce8c9_o.png

9. Inside : As soon as I heard that the creators of Limbo, one of my favorite little indie games, was going to release a new project next year it instantly caught my attention. Then at E3 this year we got our first look at it, and it certainly looks intriguing. It seems to be retaining aspects of that dark and simplistic art style I loved about Limbo as well as its more subtle way of storytelling. I'm expecting the gameplay to seem mostly the same with the story and environment to be the defining aspect of the title, but all of this is yet to be certain until I've got the game on my hard drive next year. If the quality is anything close to Limbo's then I'll greatly enjoy it.

15905950980_a85fc3a615_o.png

10. Splatoon : I had a rather long debate with myself for awhile over what I should place in the final spot of my top 10 for next year. There are so many great games coming next year after so many delays from 2014. In the end I ultimately settled on Splatoon. Its such a unique take on the shooter genre, but unfortunately I doubt I will have a Wii-U anytime soon in order to play it. This was the biggest factor against including it in my list, but I know for a fact that if I had a Wii-U then it would be right up there among the top spots of my list. Finally, a shooter that the whole family can enjoy.

Honorable Mentions:

x. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt : I've have yet to finish both Witcher games, but each one has held my attention a little longer than the last. Hopefully the final entry helps break my habit.
x. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : This series has rubbed me the wrong way from the start, but I can't help myself from coming back. It just oozes charm. Maybe this one will finally click with me.
x. Quantum Break : Remedy's games have never quite gotten to me like they have for others, but they just have a style that's unlike any other. It should be a fun experience.
x. Tom Clancy's The Division : I fear I will get bored quickly, but I can't help but be impressed by the demos so far. Seems like something that would be a pain to play alone though.
x. Until Dawn : I had no interest in this game until its recent stage demo. Now it feels like it would be a blast to play with a group of friends around screaming at each other over what to do.
x. Routine : Although Alien: Isolation already scratched that sci-fi horror itch, I can easily handle more. No release date has been announced yet, but its a definite pick-up if it comes next year.
x. Dying Light : Its Mirror's Edge with zombies. What isn't there to like? Its definitely a exciting concept, but their previous work on Dead Island left something to be desired.
x. Amplitude : I missed out on the original back in the PSX days, but the amount of love this series gets has gotten me on board. Its hard not to get excited about something from Harmonix.

Feindflug

1. The Legend of Zelda U
  2. Bloodborne
  3. Splatoon
  4. Xenoblade X
  5. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
  6. Hotline Miami 2
  7. Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain
  8. Halo 5
  9. Star Fox U
  10. Cuphead

JerkShep

1. Bloodborne
2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
3. Xenoblade Chronicles X
4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
5. Pillars of Eeternity
6. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
7. Persona 5
8. Batman: Arkham Knight
9. Rime
10. No Man's Sky

DarkTom

1. Splatoon
2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
3. Halo 5
4. Star Fox
5. Xenoblade Chronicles X
6. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
7. The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask 3D
8. 90's Arcade Racer
9. Quantum Break
10. Pokken

Vexxan

1. Persona 5 : It's been way too long, give me this game already. I can't keep replaying the old games forever.
2. Bloodborne : Dark Souls 2 just wasn't good enough but Bloodborne looks promising. Guess it's time to get a PS4.
3. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : I skipped out on Skyward Sword because I didn't have a Wii (motions controls, man) but it seems this one is turning out to be exactly what I want.
4. The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D : The 2nd best Zelda game in my book and I can't wait to play it again.
5. No Man's Sky : While we still haven't seen some "proper" gameplay I'm convinced I'll be spending a lot of time in this game, even if it's just flying around and exploring.
6. Yoshi's Wooly World : Because it's fucking Yoshi.
7. Hotline Miami 2 : If it's even remotely close to the soundtrack and fast-paced gameplay of the first game I'll be more than happy.
8. XenoBlade Chronicles X : Dinosaurs! And Mechs!
9. The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt : I haven't played any of the Witcher games but this one definitely has my interest.
10. Quantum Break : I don't have an Xbox One nor do I have a big desire to buy one buy as a Remedy fan I'm really looking forward to see how Quantum Break turns out.

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt :

Witcher saga is easily my favorite WRPG ever. Loves everything about the games. And as a bonus, also introduced me to the book series which I also really like. Even with the delay, I'm not lowering my anticipation level for this game. I fully believe in CD Projekt RED to deliver on this ambitious end of Geralt's story.

2. Neptunia VII :

Really looking forward to the latest mainflag title of this growing franchise. Just hoping IFI will bring this to overseas ASAP. Need my Purple Heart fix.

3. Bloodborne :

While I'm not exactly head over heels on Souls series, I strangely excited for this game.

4. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD :

It's Final Fantasy.

5. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End :

I'm interested to see what can Naughty Dog do with new hardware. I bet it's pretty.

6. Persona 5 :

Atlus need to release some gameplay already. Would probably make it higher on my top 3 if so.

7. Mortal Kombat X
8. The Order 1886
9. MGS V Phantom Pain
10. Naruto Storm 4

mrmickfran

1. Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
2. Zelda U
3. Xenoblade X
4. Yoshi's Woolly World
5.Code Name S.T.E.A.M
6. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
7.Persona 5
8.Star Fox Wii U
9. Disgaea 5
10.Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Lionheart

1. Rime : Inspired by ICO, but without combat? Sign me up. Glorious art direction.
2. Persona 5 : Still haven't finished Persona 4, but if they step up the gameplay (more variety), this could be one of the best games next year.
3. The Witness : Interest was re-ignited at PSX by watching a very brief part of the demo. Didn't want to spoil more.
4. Tearaway Unfolded : Bought it day one for Vita, but I'm just not into mobile gaming as much as on PS4, so chance is I'll play this one before the Vita game.
5. Grim Fandango : Never played the original, heard so much about it.
6. Jamestown Plus
7. Abzû
8. Day of the Tentacle
9. The Tomorrow Children
10. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD : Not paying full price for this, SE doesn't deserve it. Hoping it'll be around € 15-20 by Christmas 2015.

AlphaK

1. The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt (PC) : Loved the first two games, this should be the best, most ambitious game in the series.
2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4) : It's Metal Gear and it looks great.
3. Batman Arkham Knight (PC) : Love this series and this looks like it's going to go out with a bang.
4. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4) : Beautiful game, more Uncharted!
5. Bloodborne (PS4) : Looks to be the next great game from From Software.
6. Dark Souls II: PS4 edition : Haven't played this game due to the fact that it was obviously going to come to current gen consoles at some point, and i was right.
7. Tales of Zestiria (PS3....PS4?) : Big Fan of the series, more Tales goodness
8. Mortal Kombat X (PS4)
9. The Order: 1886 (PS4) : The graphics and atmosphere alone are worth it for me.
10.Resident Evil HD Remake (PS4) : Haven't actually played this game yet, so it should be fun.

HM: Rime, Persona 5, FF Type 0 HD, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Until Dawn.

If Final Fantasy XV, Silent Hills, Fallout 4, or Street Fighter V come out next year they will certainly replace some games on this list.

Henkka

Banned
1. MGS V: The Phantom Pain - After finally actually playing GZ, yeah, this is it. There's just nothing else like it in terms of scope and ambition imo.

2. Bloodborne - Dark Souls was probably my most played game last gen. Can't wait for another Miyazaki joint!

3. Uncharted 4: A thief's end - One last time.

4. Zelda

1. Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt
2. Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain
3. Halo 5 Guardians
4. Uncharted 4 A Thiefs End
5. No Man's Sky
6. Persona 5
7. Mortal Kombat X
8. Assassins Creed Victory
9. Batman Arkham Knight
10. Star Wars Battlefront

Nocturno999

1. Metal Gear Solid V.
2. Dragon Quest Heroes: I really hope this gets localized in the West. It looks like a true next-gen Japanese style game.
3. Bloodborne.
4. Batman: Arkham Knight.
5. Saga Title (Vita): Really interested for more details.
6. Ultra Street Fighter 4 (PS4): Probably the definitive version if Capcom doesn't fix the PC one.
7. Persona 5

Looking forward, even if not owning a Wii U/3DS
8. The Legend of Zelda
9. Xenoblade Chronicles Portable.

Top Bottom