• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

doemaaan

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda: Being my favorite series from last gen, I can't wait to see what this new title brings. I can't wait to see any tie-ins with ME3, the new characters we'll meet/recruit, how expansive the worlds will become... everything.

2. Final Fantasy XV: I've been waiting over 10 years for this game to release. It was my most anticipated title last gen. I don't agree with all of the changes that have happened to Versus XIII, but for better or worse, I'm sure I'll still enjoy the hell out of it.

3. The Legend of Zelda: I love every console Zelda game that has released since my first, OOT. They always manage to entertain me from start to finish. I'm also a big fan of action/adventure/puzzle games.

4. Horizon Zero Dawn: The moment that reveal trailer finished, HZD became my most anticipated new IP. I absolutely love this games' take on a post apocalyptic setting and the gameplay looks like it kicksass.

5. The Witness: Braid is among my top 15 of all time. I love a good puzzle game and I've got my fingers crossed for The Witness to deliver. I've also got faith that the game will have a story that exceeds my expectations, as with Braid. To this day, I still tell people about the "true" ending to Braid and how it is achieved.

6. Mirror's Edge Catalyst: Back when this game first released, it was unlike anything I'd ever played. I'm hoping that this game can help me relive some of those emotions. Not a big fan of the decision to make this game a prequel... or a reboot.. or w/e, but I hope that by doing so, it will give us a chance to learn more about Faith and her other runner companions. Maybe seeing the story through a time when runners were much more abundant?

7. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: I'm not an obsessed Naughty Dog fanboy like some others, but damn I can appreciate a good game series like this one. I don't think they're perfect and a bit on the short side (for my tastes), but for what they bring to the table... they're very impressive. I love that "movie" feel you get when playing an Uncharted game. (Personally looking forward to a TLoU sequel)

8. Allison Road: Like many others, I was sorely disappointed when PT was tossed aside like a piece of garbage... I love a good horror game and Silent Hills looked like it was ready to delivery. Among some of the spiritual successors, AR grabbed my attention the most. I'm just hoping it can live up to expectations.

9. Scalebound: This was another impressive new IP that grabbed my attention. It looks like a game that I can start playing and mindlessly have fun. I also like the upbeat vibe of the game too, however the protagonist might be a little annoying by playing it "too cool for school", but w/e, I trust Platinum. Only thing is... I'm a little jealous that it's an Xbox One exclusive. I don't own one... yet?

10. Ratchet & Clank: I've played every R&C up to Crack in Time, when the fatigue finally started to settle in. It's been awhile since I've hopped on this shooty-shoot platform madness, but this reboot is just looking TOO GOOD to pass up. It's gonna be a good time to be a R&C fan next year, what with this game and the movie releasing.

Kyonashi

tuMFlYE.png

1. The Last Guardian : It can't actually be happening, right? We can't actually be ten calendar days away from the release year of The Last Guardian????
DqhZjln.png

2. Persona 5: Finally getting around to finishing P4G and it's just making me more excited to play a Persona game in HD on console, as I only played P3P and P4G.
ZXELNHg.png

3. Zero Time Dilemma: Didn't actually think this was gonna get made. Can't wait to see where the trilogy ends up.
Ge5ErSp.png

4. Final Fantasy XV: Again, this can't actually be releasing in 2016, right?? Duscae was promising, so I'm excited to see how it turns out.
9A3eRd7.png

5. NieR: Automata: If you'd asked me after E3 this wouldn't have even been in my Top 10, let alone 5. But the more I read about the series and after seeing the gameplay trailer, this has really connected with me in some way. I want it.
aEaEZho.png

6. Overwatch: Just looks fun. Hope it can knock off LoL as the most played game among my friends.
8FbSj4r.png

7. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst: OMG we're actually getting a ME sequel. Please please be good.
7aYW0i3.png

8. Rez Infinite: Definitive version of one of my all-time favourite games, and the reason I'm getting PSVR over the competitors.
bffKWlN.png

9. Dark Souls III: Beta was amazing, this should be the only Souls game other than DS1 that I complete.
biFENly.png

10. The Legend of Zelda God I can't wait to find out more about this game. What's the title??

Honorable Mentions
5CC11Hq.png

x. Firewatch: Great way to start the year, looks really interesting.
5nFqJNv.png

x. Horizon: Zero Dawn: Could go either way, but the aesthetic and style hits the nail on the head for me. Aloy looks badass.

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : It has to be
2. The Last Guardian : A million years of waiting, but it's finally here (hopefully :p)
3. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : Loved the first one (hopefully with Oculus support & PC ^^)
4. Fire Emblem Fates : ..I have to play Awakenings
5. X-COM 2 : First one was so good

genbatzu

1. Valkyria: Azure Revolution : What a great game it was on PS3, then getting a successor on the PSP and ultimately a 3rd game not even localized. I'm glad we can see another game for it available on a home console!
2. No Man's Sky: exploring the universe... I kind of imagine this as quite a peacful exploration game and I'm realling looking forward to waste my time there
3. X-COM 2: played the "first" X:COM: Enemy Unknown on PC and iOS. loved it. want more.
4. The Division: It will most likely get a visual downgrade but I'm still looking forward to a kind-of post-apocalyptic setting without zombies/monsters. Let's just hope it doesn't rely to heavily on fetch quests and cash shop.
5. Mirror’s Edge Catalyst: kind of like Beyond Good & Evil 2 a sequel everyone wants to see but never gets. Hope it turns out like the first one and not another cover shooter for the masses.
6. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: I really liked Deus Ex: Human Revolution, especially the setting and sneaky gameplay. Hope this will turn out similar. haven't heard much about it lately.
7. Don't Starve Together: I'm already playing the Early Access, so i dunno if it counts. Multiplayer Don't Starve is quite fun, although i prefer it Coop and not versus.

Denzar

Here I go. Not looking forward to that much, come to think of it.

1.Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End: I haven't bought a PS4 just yet. PC gaming has been able to keep me more than occupied for quite some time now. That's about to end come March. What we've seen looks absolutely spectacular from top to bottom. This is Nate's send off. Naughty dog is saying goodbye to the franchise. One of my most beloved franchises of all time. Despite some apparent rumblings behind the scenes I've got the utmost confidence this game will be the best it can be. I'm absolutely thrilled to see what Nathan Drake's final ride will be like.

2. Mass Effect Andromeda: A new studio might be just what this franchise needs to push it beyond it's boundaries. Little has been shown nor mentioned, but if MEA is just as engrossing as it's predecessors (crappy ending and all) we're in for a ride. Very little universes captivate me as the ME-verse does. Slim chance we'll see this game in 2016, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed to play this galaxy-exploring adventure next year.

3. No Man's Sky: What to say? I've been looking forward to this game for a while now. Anticipation has still got me by the balls even though the game hasn't always displayed technical proficiency when shown. No Man's Sky could be huge. Or a huge let-down. I'm hoping for the former.

4. Mafia III: I like brutal up and close kill animations and damn son, seems like Mafia III has got them in SPADES.

5. Deus Ex - Mankind Divided: I asked for this.

6. Horizon Zero Dawn: Glad the talent at Guerrilla can focus on something else but Killzone for once. The concept seems to be something my 9 year old self thought up in a fever dream. That's a good thing.

7. Dishonored 2: I never finished the first game due to time constraints. It's not that this game was that huge per sé, but it was just so well designed. I just had to try every conceivable M.O. to finish a mission. The result? A whole lot of messing around with some of the best designed gameplay-mechanics ever. And there's a second one coming? I'm down.

1. NieR: Automata (PS4)
2. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (3DS)
3. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
4. Shin Megami Tensei IV Final (3DS)
5. Fire Emblem Fates (3DS)
6. Ni-Oh (PS4)
7. Pokken Tournament (Wii U)
8. Dark Souls III (PS4)
9. Genei Ibun Roku #FE (Wii U)
10. Gravity Rush 2 (PS4)

1) Uncharted 4
2) Persona 5
3) Horizon: Zero Dawn
4) The Last Guardian
5) Final Fantasy XV
6) No Man's Sky
7) The Witness
8) Rime
9) Ratchet & Clank
10) Overwatch

Tsokolit

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. The Last Guardian
3. The Legend of Zelda
4. Persona 5
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn
6. Final Fantasy XV
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. Star Fox Zero
9. Street Fighter V
10. NieR: Automata

1. System Shock 3 : This has been on my list of most anticipated sequels since forever. I still can't believe it's happening, totally nuts.
2. XCOM 2 : XCOM's reboot was a success in more ways than it failed, and this one seems to have rectified pretty much every qualm I've had with it, while taking the story in a fresh and interesting direction.
3. Doom : It's DOOM. There hasn't been a DOOM game I didn't enjoy.
4. Unreal Tournament : I've been big on competitive twitch shooters since Quakeworld, and I try to try out whenever a new one hits. Hopefully I will have a new GPU by the time this releases.
5. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : I loved Mirror's Edge, I have a feeling this will suck, but I hope it wont'.
6. Homeworld Deserts of Kharak : It's an (actually) new Homeworld game. It's an RTS to look forward to. So look forward, I do.
7. Ghost Recon Wildlands : This might actually be the first open world game to move me. It might also make me return to Ghost Recon after the GRAW games. Interest developing.
8. Paradise Lost First Contact : I've been following this game since its Kickstarter.. I don't know why but I'm kind of invested in it becoming huge..
9. Divinity Original Sin 2 : On my list if for no other reason than that it would help me buy the sequel for cheaper.
10. Overwatch : For the first time I'm actually interested in this kind of game, all I've seen of the gameplay just made me want it more.

jjonez18

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. Gran Turismo: Sport
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. Persona 5
5. Final Fantasy XV
6. Dark Souls 3
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. Nier 2: Automa
9. Ratchet & Clank
10. The Last Guardian

Edit: 4 games making a return on my list. Please be gentle with the delays 2016.

JimPanzer

1. Persona 5
2. Dark Souls 3
3. The Last Guardian
4. Uncharted 4
5. Hoirizon Zero Dawn
6.Zero Time Dilemma
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. Valkyria Azure Revolution
9. Nier Automata
10. Ni-Oh

SoraNoKuni

1. Dark souls 3, Well I like souls.
2. Persona 5, P4G was one of my favorite JRPGS of all time.
3. Last Guardian(Was that one supposed to launch in 2016 ? :S
4. Nier automata, and I hope for a HD remake of the 1st one with PC added.
4. FFXV, I am just curious.
5. Metroid Prime Federation Force for the lolz.

Salty Hippo

1. Yooka-Laylee
2. Sea of Thieves
3. Zelda Wii U
4. The Last Guardian
5. Mass Effect Andromeda
6. Scalebound
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. Street Fighter V
9. Quantum Break
10. Persona 5

Skinpop

No excitement for The Witness in here?
next year looks amazing.

1. The Witness : I think jono will deliver one of the best games ever made
2. Dark Souls III : -
3. The Last Guardian : -
4. Persona 5 : -

Moofers

1. Gears of War 4 : Horde Mode alone will finally get me to buy an Xbox One, as long as they don't goof it up.
2. Valkyria Azure Revolution : Confirmed for Japan Q4.
3. Doom : Single player needs to be good! I want this!
4. Gravity Rush 2 : So glad to see this coming. I hope the OST is as awesome as the first's.
5. Knights of Azure : Off the radar for most, but this looks like a great JRPG from Tecmo.
6. Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) : Very excited for this one.
7. Street Fighter V : R. Mika is where its at!
8. Legend of Zelda Wii U : Cmon, this HAS to be on the list!
9. Dark Souls 3 : Needs to be more DaS2 and less Bloodborne and I'll be happy.
10. Horizon Zero Dawn : The theater was in awe during the E3 reveal. Can't wait!

Very hot contested list! Hard to get all of them placed, for sure. Mass Effect would be on the list if I knew even the smallest bit of information about it. Title alone isn't enough for me. I'd have Tekken 7 on there as well if it had even a "TBD 2016" for console but so far it does not.

I'd also like to give shout outs for Gravity Rush Remastered, Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, and Life is Strange Limited Edition (first retail release) because they are all games I can't wait to own, but I know people aren't really voting for them so I figure why not give the points to other games, yknow?

Suppose I should jump on this thread while it's still floating around....

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn: This game will be amazing
in 2017
2. No Man's Sky
3. Uncharted 4
4. XCOM 2
5. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
6. The Witness
7. Mass Effect Andromeda
8. The Last Guardian
9. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
10. Nier Automata

Wish I could look forward to Dark Souls 3, but between Bloodborne and not really liking DS2, I'm sort of burned out on the Souls series for a while. Hopefully some time away from it will make me miss it again.

Plenty more to look forward to, 2016 is going to be a crazy year for vg releases!

Rushy

1. Dark Souls 3
2. The Witness
3. Uncharted 4
4. The Last Guardian
5. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
6. Dreams
7. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
8. Firewatch
9. Final Fantasy XV
10. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Jigolo

1. Uncharted 4: A Thieves End
2. Zelda U
3. Persona 5
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. The Last Guardian
6. Zelda Twilight Princess HD
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. Gravity Rush 2
9. Rise of The Tomb Raider
10. Overwatch

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I have no clue how to rank these. Nor what to cut. So many potentially great games by developer/publisher pairings that I have hopes for. Even if you multiply by the potential delays this will be quite a year for my taste.

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn ; Almost exactly what I expected based on the concept art. Finally the time for the amazing environmental artists and tech people at Guerilla Game to shine in my favorite genre.
2. The Last Guardian ; The next game by the team that made my favorite game of all time with Shadow of Colossus.
3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End ; Would have dropped further from last year's list if not for the excellent multiplayer beta.

4. For Honor
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
6. Gravity Rush 2
7. The Banner Saga 2
8. Dreams
9. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
10. Mass Effect: Andromeda

Other games include but are not limited to: The Witness, The Division, Firewatch, Final Fantasy XV, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Hob, What Remains of Edith Finch, EVE: Valkyrie, RIGS: MCL & Ratchet & Clank

1. Persona 5: My mind still races with anticipation thinking about all the possibilities new hardware will have for this game. Looking forward to bigger and more "alive" setting, more engaging dungeons...just a larger sense of scale really.

2. NieR Automata: I've never even played the first game, but the PGW trailer was breathtaking. PlatinumGames combat paired with deep RPG mechanics and an actually competent story? All over my tits and ass, please.

3. Dark Souls 3: More Souls is never a bad thing, especially with Miyazaki at the helm. I'm slightly worried about the art/environmental/creature design looking like a dramatic step down from Bloodborne, but Miyazaki always delivers.

4. Rez Infinite: Nothing VR-related had grabbed me yet, but the moment this was announced, I knew I'd have to spend whatever $$$ to jump into PSVR.

Some other stuff like Horizon, Tekken 7, God Eater 2, Day of the Tentacle are exciting, but the listed are Day 1 for me.

Darksol

1. Persona 5
2. The Last Guardian
3. Ni no Kuni 2
4. Danganronpa 3
5. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
6. Nier
7. Zero Escape
8. Final Fantasy XV

theecakee

1. Persona 5 (PS4): So uh, guess another year of this being my most anticipated game. At least now we have a few trailers, info about plot/world, and some general idea of a release date. Day one buy most likely for me, love Persona and can't wait for more. One of the reasons why I got a PS4. If this is my most anticipated game of 2017, I wouldn't be surprised necessarily.

2. Danganronpa 3 (Vita, PS4): After Another Episode being very disappointing, I am super pumped for them to return to the traditional DR roots and game. I love the concept of having all these characters and them one by one dying off like a game show or survivor, it's such a cool concept to me. The story as well has been pretty good, though IMO it got weird after 2. As long as it doesn't pull any wild cards and goes back to how it was..I'm hyped.

3. Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4): Looks really neat and unique, only thing that worries me is Guerilla who in my mind isn't fully proven. Killzone yeah, but I didn't think that was the best series ever. Just kind of an unremarkable FPS. This however....looks like something good. Thinking about this now, I'm not sold on it completely (see The Order 1866...) but the idea and the possibility of it seems really enticing and I'm hyped for it. I could totally see this being delayed to 2017 though.

4. Dishonored 2 (PC,PS4,XBO): I loved Dishonored, was my GOTY 2012. I'm all for more of that, I just more enjoyed the gameplay because man stealth games are hard to come by especially good ones. Glad to see this coming back next year.

5. Uncharted 4: Thief's End (PS4): I've kind of forgotten a lot of the Uncharted storyline to be honest, have to catch up its been a while since I played Uncharted 3 when it came out. I am psych'd to see how things play out with this, Uncharted and Naughty Dog is in most cases a safe bet for a good game.

6. Zero Escape 3 (Vita & 3DS): Loved 999 and VLR, they're both right up my alley. Interested in seeing how much more mind fucking can they do to me with this series.

7. Ratchet & Clank (PS4): I'm up for more of this, I'm up for just more R&C in general...a full title Ratchet & Clank! I kind of just have an itch for more R&C, so its kind of high on my list.

8. Mass Effect: Andromeda (PC, XBO, PS4): I didn't finish Mass Effect 3, but I loved Mass Effect 2. I've been away from Mass Effect for a while now, and am interested in seeing what new things come up with a I guess spin off type of game in the same universe. Not 100% confident with how it will do, but excited none the less.

9. Crackdown 3 (XBO): I don't own an Xbox One yet, but I'm interested in a new Crackdown game. I enjoyed Crackdown 2 a lot (didn't play the first) its been a while so I'm interested in playing this again.

10. DOOM (PC, XBO, PS4): It kind of looks like just another typical shooter, but with The New Order and Dishonored being some good releases recently I'm interested in seeing more from Bethesda. From their E3 conference, the game looks like another FPS, but sometimes I'm just okay with that.

HONORABLE MENTION/PROB NOT 2016/DIDN'T MAKE THE CUT

10. The Witness - I'm all up for puzzles and exploration with colorful worlds.
Final Fantasy XV - I was fairly hyped for this, but I've kind of fallen off with it. I wasn't a fan of FF Type-0 HD at all, and hope the combat style isn't similar to that. The more and more I look into, the more and more I don't like it....yet somehow I am still putting this on my list.
Superhot
Hitman
Firewatch
Ni No Kuni II - Because I think there is a very small chance its a late 2016 game...but unlikely. Either way, if it were a 2016 game, it would be my #2 most anticipated.
Twelve Minutes - No release date, but sounds like 2016. It looks really really cool and unique.
Danganronpa 3

Overall for 2016 though, I'm excited to see more of what surprises me. Undertale and Rocket League were two really big pleasant surprises of 2015, and each year these games always come up and I never saw them ahead of time. I hope no a lot gets delayed, and it will be very hard to top this amazing year for games.

myco666

Next year is looking really good. Lot of delays coming up probably and I doubt that some of these come out next year. Also is this the third time Persona 5 will be on the most anticipated game of next year list?

1. Zero Time Dilemma : King is back! One of my favorite series getting the conclusion lot of people have been waiting for. No other game manages to scratch the nonsense science babble itch like this series.
2. Street Fighter V : I really like SF games and this game feels really good to play. After the beta this is already one of my favorite fighting games.
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : Human Revolution was really good game and hopefully this is basically improved version of it. Really need my cyberpunk fix.
4. Dark Souls III : Dark Souls is back with Miyazaki and without development problems of Dark Souls 2.
5. Darkest Dungeon : I usually don’t care for these types of games but the art direction and atmosphere seems to be top notch. Hopefully I can get into it as it looks really good and there has been lot of positivity around the Early Access version.
6. Persona 5 : Would be higher but been waiting so long that my anticipation has been lowered from last year. Game looks great.
7. Ni-Oh : Tecmo Koei take on Dark Souls. Or at least it seems that way. Gameplay looks really good and it seems to be really dark game.
8. God Eater 2 : Trying to get into hunting games and this game looks interesting.
9. Star Fox Zero : I have only played SF64 3D and really liked it and this looks pretty much the same. Also Platinum involved so I will be there day one.
10. Scalebound : I don’t even have Xbox One and not really feeling the game but this is Kamiya game so I am really interested in seeing what he is giving us this time.

Bl@de

1. Dark Souls 3 : Loved every FROM title since Demon's Souls, so this is a no brainer. I still hope it isn't the end of the series (or at least we get Bloodborne 2)
2. Persona 5 : Persona games are my favourite JRPGs. The mix of different gameplay elements and interesting world is great. Will probably have to import though. I doubt a 2016 EU release.
3. Uncharted 4 : If Sully dies, Druckmann dies... That's all. You've been warned. J/k, love this Indiana Jones action titles since the first one. Naughty Dogs best franchise.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
1. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
2. Persona 5
3. Nier: Automata
4. Dragon Quest 7 3DS
5. Ys 8
6. Street Fighter 5
7. Zero Time Dilemma
8. Next Zelda
9. Ni No Kuni 2
10. Valkyria: Azure Revolution

Also Exist Archive has released in Japan already and hasn't been announced for the US, I'd definitely put that on the list if it got announced.

PFD

1. The Witcher 3 Blood & Wine expansion ; the first expansion (HoS) was amazing, and this one is supposed to be much larger in scope. I'm incredibly excited about this
2. Dark Souls III ; I've only completed Dark Souls 1, and I enjoyed it immensely. This one looks to be great based on the previews
3. Mass Effect: Andromeda ; it's been a while since the last ME. I enjoyed ME3 (and the ones before ofc), and I'm looking forward to jump back into that universe

1. No Man's Sky
2. The Last Guardian
3. The Witness
4. Shenmue 3
5. Rime
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Eve Valkyrie VR
8. Ace Combat 7 VR
9. Gran Turismo Sport VR
10. DOOM

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
2. Fire Emblem Fates 3ds
3. Banner Saga 2
4. Hive Jump
5. Star Fox Zero
6. Street Fighter V
7. Twilight Process HD
8. Doom
9. Metroid Prime FF 3ds
10.HL3

Caronte

1. Torment: Tides of Numenera : I enjoyed Wasteland 2 quite a lot so I'm really looking forward to Torment since it looks better. The only thing I'm not sold yet is the combat, but that was never the best part about the original anyway.

2. The Last Guardian : I almost cried at the end of the E3 trailer when I saw the logo. I loved ICO and SotC and I'm sure I'll love this one.

3. Horizon: Zero Dawn : It looked really good and I like the setting regardless of how crazy it seems. I hope it's great, Guerrilla really needs to move on and stop making more Killzone games.

4. Dark Souls III : I still need to play Bloodborne (I don't have a PS4 yet) but more Miyazaki games are always welcome.

5. Uncharted 4 : TPS is not my favorite genre but I love Naughty Dog games and what I saw about this one at E3 was fantastic.

6. Dragon Quest XI : I've only played DQVIII and never really cared about the rest (probably because of the graphics, and Square Enix releasing all of them on handhelds) but I loved what I saw about this one. Will get the PS4 version for sure when it gets released in the West.

7. Ratchet & Clank : It's been a long time since I've truly enjoyed a R&C game. A Crack in Time was quite good but the 2nd and 3rd PS2 games are just perfect, and I hope Insomniac goes back to that quality with this one instead of relegating the franchise to B-tier status again like they did in the end of PS3's life.

8. Persona 5 : Cautiously excited about this one. I didn't like many things about Persona 4 but loved Persona 3, so we'll see.

9. Dragon Quest Builders : From what I understand you can make a village and have people living on it. That alone makes me interested in the game. I've never played Minecraft but this twist might be what makes me try this type of game.

10. Final Fantasy XV : Probably the mainline Final Fantasy I have been less excited about in my life, I didn't like the changes they made when they made Versus XIII a mainline entry. To be honest I'm more curious to see other people's opinions about its quality than playing it for myself.

Amakuni

1. Persona 5: Persona 4 is my favorite PS2 game and one of my favorite games of all time. I've loved the series since Persona 3 and I really enjoyed last year's spin off game Persona Q which showed me that Atlus still knows how to make great RPGs. From the trailers, the graphics, the setting, the character designs and especially the interface/menus are all gorgeous and amazing. I'm going to buy a PS4 specifically for this game, and this game alone.

2. Zero Time Dilemma: My favorite adventure game/visual novel series other than Ace Attorney I can't wait to see how they'll wrap up the mysteries from Zero Escape. The nonary game from Zero Escape is one of the most interesting, ingenious mechanics I've seen in a game and I can't wait to see what inventive mechanic will carry the story of this game.

3. Dangan Ronpa 3: I only watched play-troughs of the other games, and from those I really got invested in the story, premise and wacky characters. I can't wait to finally play the series myself and try figure out each of the game's mysteries.

4. Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE: SMT is great, Fire Emblem is not as good, but still a solid series. The premise around idols is a bit weird, but this game is being made by Atlus so it will probably be good.

5. Bravely Second: Despite the endgame of the first one being absolutely miserable, the game itself was still very good. The customization the class system allowed was fun and awarding. I hope with the sequel they improve the story and expand upon the class system.

6. Fire Emblem: Fates: I like this series alot (not as much as SMT though), and I preordered the collectors edition with both games as soon they announced it.

7. Final Fantasy XV: Despite 13 being mediocre, boring, and lackluster. The Final Fantasy series still has some of my favorite games of all time in it so I'm hoping Square learned their lesson and will give fans what they've wanted for years. Then again Square-Enix has been a pretty shitty company for a decade now, so I wouldn't be surprised if this game was a huge disappointment.

8. Nier: Automata: I heard good things about the first game, I don't have a PS3 so I hope they port it so I can play it. What I saw from this game looks good though.

9. Zelda Wii U: Skyward sword looked lame, I never could get into Twilight Princess, but I absolutely adore Wind Waker. I prefer the 2nd Zeldas, but since I have a Wii U I'll probably check this game out.

10. Project Setsuna: A Square-Enix RPG that is trying to capture what made their 16-bit games so great, count me in. But honestly this game will probably suck.

Grisby

1. Quantum Break : All about Remedy. Nuff' said.
2. Gravity Rush 2 : More gravity defying flying and what might be better combat? Yes, please.
3. Horizon Zero Dawn : One of the few new IP's that has really grabbed my attention. Sci-fi vikings are neat.
4. The Last Guardian : Finally.
5. Gears of War 4 : After Ultimate, I need a next gen Gear MP like yesterday. Also interested on seeing where they are taking the universe.
6. Mass Effect Andromeda : Don't know too much about it, but the series is one of my all time favorites.
7. Deus Ex Mankind Divided : I've been asking for this.
8. Mirror's Edge 2 : I get a lot of migraines now, and the all white aesthetics could be a problem. Still looking forward to trying it out though. Gaming jesus smiled and said let their be a sequel to this awesome FPS platformer.
9. Dark Souls 3 : I'm fine with this being a yearly franchise.
10. Dishonored 2 : That art style. Oh lawd, praise the great gameplay and Half-Life art direction.

jesu

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda : I've loved all 3 ME's even with the shitty ending, fully expect this to be great again too.
2. Gears Of War 4 : My favourite MS IP, but I am slightly worried how it will turn out with the new dev.
3. Scalebound : I'm not even a huge fan on PlatinumGames so I mostly just hoping this is my kind of open world RPG.It reminds me of Kingdoms of Amalur so I'm hoping it's at least as good as that.
4. Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 : My kind of shooter, loved the first one.
5. Recore : Know next to nothing about it, but they mentioned it might be like a Zelda game.That'll do me for now.
6. Yooka-Laylee : Looks promising and I've already paid for it!
7. TrackMania Turbo : The previous games are supposedly great and I do like my racing games.
8. Mafia III : Loved the setting and the last one, this should be great.
9. Tom Clancy's The Division : I like what I've played so far, I've got high hopes for it.
10. Kingdom Come: Deliverance : Bit of a dark horse but looks very interesting.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
1. Dark Souls III
2. Street Fighter V
3. Mass Effect: Andromeda
4. World of Warcraft: Legion
5. Final Fantasy XV
6. Overwatch
7. No Man's Sky
8. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
9. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
10. Uncharted 4

Horizon-Zero-Dawn.jpg

1.Horizon Zero Dawn : Ever since I seen the leaked images this game just spoke to me. The E3 gameplay was just icing on the cake.

Uncharted_4_Reveal_Wallpaper.jpg

2.Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : The final game to my favorite series last gen how can I not be hyped. Naughty Dog are by far my favorite developers.

2015-MassEffect-Andromeda-TH.png

3.Mass Effect: Andromeda : My second favorite franchise last gen only behind Uncharted. I look forward to returning to this series and exploring a whole new galaxy.

header.jpg

4.No Man’s Sky : Finally the giant space exploration game I been dreaming about for years.

Gravity-Rush-Remastered-PS4.jpg

5.Gravity Rush Remastered : Iv'e always wanted to play this game but never bought Vita, I'm so hyped to finally play this.

attack_on_titan_80717.jpg

6.Attack on Titan PS4 : I love the anime and manga, plus the game looks miles better than the 3DS game.

maxresdefault.jpg

7.Root Letter : The premise is very intriguing, I love me a great mystery game, and finally if this game is successful than maybe more Japanese companies will release adventure/visual novels worldwide simultaneously as well.

maxresdefault.jpg

8.Ark Survival Evolved PS4 - I always wanted to play this but my computer sucks, I don't own a XB1, and I'm waiting for this game to leave EA. Hopefully the PS4 version arrives in June when it leaves Early Access.

97QwENP.jpg

9.Persona 5 : I played a little of P4G so far on my PSTV/Vita TV and am enjoying it, so I'm looking forward to the next game.

746876.png

10.Abzu : I enjoyed Journey and this looks like a spiritual successor but underwater so I'm sold

Honorable mentions: If Rime, Wild, Detroit, or Red Dead 3 release in 2016 they will easily jump into my top 10. Other confirmed 2016 games I'm looking forward too include: Heavy Rain Remastred, Firewatch, DayZ, Tekken 7, Yakuza 1 Remake, and Alison Road.

Ghazgulsmash

Neo Member
01. Quantum Break
02. Scalebound
03. Crackdown 3
04. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
05. Dishonored 2
06. Gears of War 4
07. South Park: The Fractured but Whole
08. Sea of Thieves
09. Recore
10. Persona 5

XDDX

1. The Legend of Zelda U: What we have seen of this game looks absolutely stunning and everything Aonuma has said sounds just right. The fact that we barely know anything about the game is also exciting as even though we've seen the game, it still feels like it has not been properly revealed.
2. Final Fantasy XV: This has been a long wait but it's almost here! The biggest reason for my excitement has to be the soundtrack which is amazing from the few tracks we have heard.
3. Fire Emblem Fates: Awakening had some of my favourite and most satisfying gameplay systems in an RPG and I have no doubt Fates will continue to deliver on that front. It seems like the story this has gone up to that next level along with the gameplay and I hope it delivers on that front.
4. Mass Effect Andromeda: There's just something about Mass Effect, it's one of my favourite series of last gen and I cannot wait to return to that universe.
5. Dark Souls 3: It's a souls game, not much to say here really except that I'm interested in seeing how they continue the series after Bloodborne.
6. Gran Turismo Sport: From what we know so far it seems like Polyphony intend for this to be more than just a game and have ambition of crafting the next 100 years of motorsports. I hope this is not too ambitious for their own good but I'm ready for a new Gran Turismo and some new music to go along with it.
7. Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4: This is more of a known quantity but I am really looking forward to playing through this. As someone who has only followed Naruto through the Storm series I have to say that the series from Storm 2 onwards have had some of the best storytelling in gaming and has really made me appreciate the story of Naruto. The production values continue to look outstanding and I'm sure this will be one of my top games of 2016 simply because of the cutscenes and soundtrack.
8. Starfox Zero: Platinum X Starfox could be something special and hopefully the delay makes it so.
9. Horizon Zero Dawn: Not sure if the developers can deliver on the promise but the elements of Monster Hunter and Xenoblade in this game make me excited.
10. Persona 5: Maybe this would be higher if I had played a Persona game before but the trailers look great and the soundtrack is something I want to hear more of.

Zhao_Yun

1. The Witcher 3 Blood & Wine expansion ; the first expansion (HoS) was amazing, and this one is supposed to be much larger in scope. I'm incredibly excited about this
2. Dark Souls III ; I've only completed Dark Souls 1, and I enjoyed it immensely. This one looks to be great based on the previews
3. Mass Effect: Andromeda ; it's been a while since the last ME. I enjoyed ME3 (and the ones before ofc), and I'm looking forward to jump back into that universe

Expansions are not eligible.

1. Persona 5 : Winter 2014, 2015, Summer 2016... I'm going to steal back the time I've lost.

2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : At long last, a new 3D Zelda. What has been shown of the game thus far makes me want to cry tears of contentment. The world looks so beautiful, so explorable.

3. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : I was completely captivated by the first game. Catalyst looks to expand on the foundation the first game set, while still keeping a focus on finding various different paths through an area. I have faith in it.

4. Gravity Rush 2 : The original Gravity Rush is easily my favorite game on Vita. With the boost gained from being on PS4, Gravity Rush 2 looks to excel beyond the first game in every way.

5. New Danganronpa V3 : Apparently detaching itself from the previous 3 games in the series, V3 looks to offer even more murder mystery shenanigans. I'm eager to see what twists and turns lie in store in the next chapter of despair.

6. Zero Time Dilemma : It still feels like a miracle that this game is getting made. I'm excited to see how the Zero Escape series ends.

7. Shin Megami Tensei IV Final : I enjoyed SMT IV a lot. To the point of completing it four times. SMT IV Final looks to address the problems SMT IV had, while offering up another round of demonic adventures in Tokyo.

8. Ace Attorney 6 : There never is enough Ace Attorney in the world. AA6 seems to be teasing the return of a particular spirit medium, which I greatly look forward to.

9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : Had a great time with Human Revolution, which sparked my interest in Deus Ex in general. What's been shown so far looks like a pretty big step up in presentation, and gameplay from HR.

10. Fire Emblem Fates : Gambling with the RNG is always a thrilling experience.

Honorable mentions
Horizon Zero Dawn : It has robot dinosaurs. That's pretty cool.
Genei Ibunroku #FE : I love RPGs set in the modern day. Genei Ibunroku also has those stylish Atlus menus.
Final Fantasy XV : I haven't dabbled too much into Final Fantasy, but the fact that this game could come out next year feels very... climactic. A turning point in man's history.
Street Fighter V : Not too good at fighting games, but I'm excited to jump back into SF nonetheless.
Valkyria: Azure Revolution : Although it's deviating from the strategy gameplay of VC, I'm still interested what Azure Revolution will bring to the table.

Paulee

1. Dark Souls 3 :
2. Street Fighter V : really cool that they do a PC version
3. Persona 5 : have like 40 h in 3 and 4 and loved them but didnt finished them P5 looks so stylish
4. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : Oot and mm are some of the best games of all time I have hopes
5. Genei Ibun Roku #FE : looks like persona with a musik theme ( I love music :D )
6. Star Fox Zero : Star Fox 64 was so dumb I love it
7. Overwatch : a tf2 style blizzard game
8. Yakuza 0 : just playing Y5 pretty cool
9. Fire Emblem Fates :

Caramello

1. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Uncharted 4
5. The Division
6. Ni-oh
7. Mass Effect Andromeda
8. Quantum Break
9. Scalebound
10. Gears of War 4

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
1. Uncharted 4
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Ratchet and Clank
4. The Last Guardian
5. And that Detroit game

viHuGi

Banned
1. Uncharted 4; Naughty Dog once again aiming for a masterpiece.
2. Dark Souls 3; After Bloodborne i can't wait to see From Software next!
3. Last Guardian; Many years without a Team Ico game hurts me a lot, but now they are back!
4. Horizon
5. Mass Effect 4
6. Battlefield 5
7. NieR
8. Ni Oh
9. Ratchet and Clank
10. Gears of War 4

1. Firewatch
2. Samorost 3
3. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
4. Overwatch; maybe, just maybe more than one of my friends list to play regularly.

There are a lot of games that quietly excite me. Hitman. Some that have just taken too long. The Witness. Others have switched platform to my disappointment. The Last Guardian. I did not play much this year but one thing it taught me is to be open to surprises. Rocket League. Hopefully 2016 will hold some surprises. Virtual reality.

Top Bottom