• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

1. Uncharted 4 : A Thiefs End
2. The Last Guardian
3. Street FIght V
4. Horizon : Zero Dawn
5. Final Fantasy XV
6. Pokken
7. Yakuza 0
8. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
9. Overwatch
10. Persona 5

Tratorn

1. Uncharted 4 : A Thiefs End
2. Mass Effect Andromeda
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. Dark Souls 3
5. Persona 5
6. Scalebound
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. The Last Guardian
9. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
10. Quantum Break

Man, it's really hard to make a top 10 this year. Even top 25 would probably not be enough for the games I'm really excited about. Nier: Automata, Dreams, Deus Ex, Project Setsuna, etc. etc... Great year is coming, even if 5 major games or so are getting delayed. Sadly I have a feeling that Horizon will be one of them, even when there is not a good reason for that, besides that Sony is the publisher. ;)

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
2. Scalebound
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Star Fox Zero
5. Nier Automata
6. Persona 5
7. Star Ocean 5
8. Gravity Rush 2

Chola

Banned
1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. The Last Guardian
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4. Ratchet and Clank
5. Dark Souls III
6. Ni-Oh
7. Uncharted 4
8. Final Fantasy XV

Hasney

1. Yakuza 0 : The fact we might get extra Yakuza in 2016 is just, well, it makes me feel all squirmy inside. Almost wish I didn't sprint through 5, I need some more Yakuza in my life right now
2. Street Fighter V : I'm always down for some more Street Fighting, although I may be waiting for Ibuki
3. Zelda Wii U : I feel like I've been waiting too long and that this might be the send off for my Wii U. What a way to do it though
4. Persona 5 : I should be playing this right now which is probably why it slipped down the list. It feeds me
5. Final Fantasy XV : The demo did wonders for me wanting this
6. XCOM2 : Would be higher if I'd seen more of it most likely, but I'm kind of glad it's still mostly a mystery
7. Horizon Zero Dawn : Looks neat. Never liked anything the developer has done though, so for this to even be on the list for me shows how good that initial reveal was
8. Scalebound : I may finally get that XB1
9. Project X Zone 2 : A mashup I adore
10. American Truck Simulator : I still have no idea why I like Euro truck Simulator so much, but fuck it. I'll fire up the internet radio and accidentally drive the wrong side of the road all over again

GrayDock

1. Uncharted 4
2. Ace Combat 7 + PSVR
3. Final Fantasy XV
4. Zelda Wii U
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn
6. Street Fighter V
7. XCOM 2
8. The Last Guardian
9. Dark Souls 3
10. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

1. The Witness : I think this was my number one last year. Some part of my anticipation is pure curiosity, because this game has been in development for so long. But I am also genuinely excited for another game by Jon Blow, because I hope the game can be filled with the same sorts of puzzles that make you feel smart for figuring them out. I also want to see if the game can live up to its expectations.
2. Ratchet & Clank : I love Ratchet & Clank games, and more generally, I love most Insomniac games. Something about their absurd weapons, and leveling up those weapons, just tickles some pleasure center in my brain that I have no control over.
3. Uncharted 4 : I have thoroughly enjoyed Naughty Dog's last three games. While I wouldn't call Uncharted 2 or 3 among my favorite games of all time, The Last of Us is close. They do spectacle and believable characters extremely well, and I'm looking forward to what they can draw out of the PS4.
4. No Man's Sky : If this game delivers on what I think of as its promise - a game where you explore, are rewarded for exploring, and upgrade something (ship, weapon, whatever) to allow you to explore more effectively - then it could be something truly special.
5. Persona 5 : Persona 4 showed me that it's possible for me to enjoy a JRPG, whatever that term means. I don't think I've ever played a game where what you're doing changes so drastically from hour to hour, and I hope Persona 5 continues that, refines it, and improves upon it.
6. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : I know next to nothing about this game, so this is based solely on the assumption that it's more Human Revolution, but better.
7. Dark Souls III : Similar to Deus Ex, my excitement is based solely on previous entries. I haven't played Demon's Souls or Dark Souls II, but Bloodborne and Dark Souls are some of my favorite games from recent years.
8. Legend of Zelda Wii U : I put this here because I want to be excited about a Zelda game. They used to be an event for me, but after playing Twilight Princess and basically immediately forgetting it (not to say it was bad, but just forgettable), and having to put Skyward Sword down because of the absurdly slow opening and not being able to enjoy the motion controls, I don't look forward to a new Zelda game like I used to. There's true promise here - if they can do something Nintendo-ish with an open world, it could be crazy compelling. It could also be incredibly monotonous.
9. Cuphead : This game is on here solely because of its art style. I hope it's fun, but it sure does look cool.
10. Horizon Zero Dawn : I don't quite understand the crazy anticipation for this game, but what I imagine it could be is relatively exciting, and I am grateful for a new IP rather than another sequel.

Christian

1) Persona 5
2) The Muv-Luv Trilogy
3) New Danganronpa V3
4) Yakuza 0
5) Zero Escape 3
6) Yooka-Laylee
7) Ratchet & Clank
8) Valkyria Chronicles Remaster
9) The Last Guardian
10) World of Final Fantasy

1. Uncharted 4
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. No Man's Sky
6. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
7. Ni-Oh
8. Persona 5
9. Dark Souls III
10. Firewatch

Seems like its gonna be between Zelda and Uncharted again!

my prediction:

1. Uncharted 4
2. Persona 5
3. Zelda U

and not a single Xbox exclusive in the top 15(Uncharted, Persona, Zelda, Mass Effect, Deus Ex, Horizon, No Man's Sky, The Last Guardian, Dark Souls, Street Fighter V, Final Fantasy, Nier, XCOM, Dishonored, Mirror's Edge...although not in this order)

Ranmo

1. Street Fighter V
2. Overwatch
3. Persona 5
4. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
5. Killer Instinct (PC)
6. FINAL FANTASY XV
7. MegaDimension Neptunia VII
8. Uncharted 4
9. Valkyria Chronicles HD
10. Star Fox Zero

Though to be honest 6-10 on my list are kind of all equal in terms of hype. 1-5 are definitely a whole other level of hype for me. There are other games I'd rather put on 6-10 but they don't have exact dates sooo...

Wichu

1. Zero Time Dilemma : I've been waiting for years for a game I thought I'd never see get made. IT'S HAPPENING
2. Root Double- Before Crime * After Days : Because "escape from some locked facility" VNs are great, and the Japanese version has good reviews.
3. New Danganronpa V3 : What did you expect after #1 and #2? Though it feels wrong to list this considering no English announcement yet...
4. Umineko no Naku Koro Ni : Haven't played this yet, and the upcoming rerelease seems like a good place to jump in. Not sure if I should finish Higurashi first though.
5. Muv-Luv Alternative : Mechs are cool, and my top 5 didn't need gameplay anyway. People keep raving on about it - Extra and Unlimited had better be worth slogging through for this.
6. Rain World : Slugcat is the cutest video game protagonist of all time. The art style and tech look insanely cool.
7. Super Pokémon Mystery Dungeon : Euro peasant here, so I haven't played it yet. It's going to be a great birthday present for myself.
8. Persona 5 : Persona 4 Golden was great, this looks like it will be just as good. Downside: I need to buy a PS4.
9. Genei Ibun Roku #FE : Fire Emblem is good, Persona is good, mix them up for ???.
10. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth : Because Pokémon Z isn't eligible.

A few games would make it onto the list, but aren't eligible because no official announcement yet:
Steins;Gate 0 (2015 in Japan, localisation is unannounced but almost certain)
Chaos;Head (again, unannounced but very likely)
Pokémon Z (no mainline Pokémon in 2015)

Other stuff I'm interested in: No Man's Sky, Fire Emblem Fates, Root Letter, untitled Yu-Gi-Oh 3DS game, NieR Automata (if I get time to play the first NieR), FFXV, DQVII, DQIX.

1. Dark Souls 3 : The original Dark Souls is still my favourite of the series. So far from what I've seen, it looks like this is gonna recapture the same experience I had with the original.

2. Fire Emblem Fates : For someone who loved Hector Hard Mode from Fire Emblem 7, I am looking forward to the more-varied and challenging option that this new entry will introduce.

my prediction:

1. Uncharted 4
2. Persona 5
3. Zelda U

and not a single Xbox exclusive in the top 15(Uncharted, Persona, Zelda, Mass Effect, Deus Ex, Horizon, No Man's Sky, The Last Guardian, Dark Souls, Street Fighter V, Final Fantasy, Nier, XCOM, Dishonored, Mirror's Edge...although not in this order)

Probably correct. UC4 has this.

PerZona

1) Uncharted 4
2) Persona 5
3) Star Ocean 5
4) Final Fantasy XV
5) Dark Souls 3
6) Horizon: Zero Dawn
7) The Last Guardian
8) Ni-Oh
9) No Man's Sky
10) Zelda Wii U

weemaster

1. Persona 5 : The persona games are one of my favorite series ever so...
2. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma : If this game is half as good as the first two then to me this would be my best trilogy ever.
3. Danganronpa 3: Another trilogy that i look forward to see how it concludes
4. Dark Souls 3: The souls games have easily been my absolute best games of the last generation

Temujin

1. Persona 5 : I finally finished Persona 4 Golden this year and it ended up being one of my favourite RPGs ever. It'll be hard for P5 to top it, but I'm sure it'll be a great game as well, it looks great and I'm really hyped for it.
2. Street Fighter V : One of the main reasons I got a PS4 last week. Looking forward to a lot of the DLC characters too, it'll be a long wait...
3. Mass Effect Andromeda : Mass Effect is one of my favourite videogame series.
4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : Loved Human Revolution, hope this one has the same atmosphere.
5. Mirror's Edge Cataclysm : first game was so, so good.
6. King of Fighters XIV : Love me some KoF. Hopefully the start of an SNK fighters revival.
7. The Banner Saga 2 : first one was very high on my 2014 GOTY list.
8. DOOM : what I've seen so far looks pretty good.
9. Yakuza 0 : currently playing Yakuza 5 and loving it.
10. Dishonored 2 : first one was my GOTY 2012. Not sure if they can recapture the magic, but I'm still looking forward to it.

sandkiller

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. Uncharted 4
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. No Man's Sky
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
6. The Last Guardian
7. Final Fantasy XV

1. XCOM 2
2. Dark Souls III

This would be #1 in my list considering how much I love Demon's Souls, Dark Souls I and Bloodborne... but Dark Souls II was mind-blowingly disappointing. Because of that, I am cautiously optimistic.

3. The Legend of Zelda for Wii U
4. South Park: The Fractured But Whole

No idea if this will make it in 2016 because there has been no info since E3.

5. Divinity: Original Sin 2
6. Star Fox 0

Honorable mentions (need more info/impressions to be officially excited):

The Witness
Ratchet & Clank
No Man's Sky
NieR Automata
Ni-Oh
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Yooka Laylee

Worried about:

Cuphead (isn't it supposed to be boss rushes only?)
Final Fantasy XV (development hell for too long)
The Last Guardian (same as above)

ecierif

1. Horizon Zero Dawn : An action-RPG where you fire arrows at mechanical beasts in a post-apocalyptic world sounds like an idea taken from my dreams. I'm not that into first-person shooters but Killzone 2 & 3 were pretty entertaining and had great presentations. I'm happy to see the team apply their talents to a genre that I prefer.

2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : I really enjoyed the first's unique platforming and aesthetic, and it sounds like they're addressing the combat issue. It still feels fairly one of a kind and I'm thankful that EA decided to continue the franchise. I hope the open world benefits the gameplay and doesn't primarily add boredom-inducing filler. We'll see.

3. Dishonored 2 : The first was a really pleasant surprise. I liked its unusually fast-paced and active stealth, unique traversal and strange, dystopian world.

4. Deus Ex Mankind Divided : Another cool dystopian world. The first's mix of diversion-filled hubs and large, option-filled areas was a good combination of linear and nonlinear design. And it sounds like they're taking measures that will allow more liberal use of your abilities.

5. Dark Souls III : I'm always interested in the Souls games' interconnected dark fantasy worlds, tense combat and monstrous bosses.

6. Final Fantasy XV : I generally enjoy Final Fantasy. It's like comfort food. They're technical showcases with nice music and fun, if often simple, gameplay. The demo gameplay looks decent and I'll likely highly enjoy the game, but I have a feeling the previously mentioned ones will leave me more satisfied. I'm really curious to see how this lengthy project turns out.

7. The Last Guardian : The creator's previous games both had absorbing worlds and music, and Shadow of the Colossus is still pretty unique in the gaming world. This looks fairly unique itself, like Ico with a more complex companion. Like FF XV, I really want to see if a project that's been discussed for about a quarter of my life is worth the wait.

8. Nier Automata : I like most of Platinum's action games and believe that the action-RPG genre will benefit from their usual fun combat. Nier's story was also unique in its weirdness and presentation so I'm interested in the sequel's. Platinum's Scalebound would make the list if I planned to get an Xbox One.

9. Mass Effect Andromeda : The series pushes my sci-fi buttons with its reliably entertaining characters, beautiful locations and solid electronic soundtracks.

10. Ni-Oh : We haven't seen much of it but it looks better than most Dark Souls-inspired action-RPGs. Plus I like samurais and demons and haven't encountered this kind of setting much since Onimusha. I hope it's a return to form after a disappointing Ninja Gaiden 3.

--------------------------

The Witness has an intriguing setting and I haven't played a first-person puzzler since Portal 2 so it should be a nice change of pace. What I initially heard about the puzzle design was somewhat off-putting but Jonathan Blow will likely utilize the concept in interesting ways. If Valkyria: Azure Revolution is released in America at all, I expect it in 2017. I know any region counts but, like Rise of the Tomb Raider following the announcement that it would be a 2015 exclusive for a console I didn't expect to own, I doubt it will be available to me next year (in a format I can read). Otherwise, it would make the list. LittleBigPlanet's single-player campaigns had some cool levels and the user-created content was sometimes surprisingly interesting or, at least, amusingly weird or bad, so Dreams intrigues me. I enjoyed South Park: The Stick of Truth's lack of typical RPG padding and humorously absurd level design so I'd like to play South Park - The Fractured but Whole.

If I expected to get my hands on a Wii U, I'd definitely mention The Legend of Zelda because the series contains several of my favorite games. If I expected to get my hands on an Xbox One, I'd be eager to play with Quantum Break's time gimmick. I'm curious about No Man's Sky but skeptical about the procedurally generated level design. It seems like it will be good for exploring and zoning out but not sure what my overall sense of satisfaction will be. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness should improve upon the previous game's fun combat, and I wonder if the characters and plot twists will be as entertainingly wacky as those in recent entries.

I anticipate the release of Star Fox Zero because it made a weak first impression upon so many people. I want to see how it turns out and players' reactions. I hope it pleasantly surprises people but don't have great expectations. Rise of the Tomb Raider would have made a 2015 list but is outshined by many other 2016 releases. I'll probably rent or get it cheap for PS4 and enjoy it but the little hype that was once there is gone. It will likely be outshined by its earlier available competitor Uncharted 4.

GreyDaise

Neo Member
1. Persona 5 : Loved P4G. I hope that P5 is just as good.

2. New Danganronpa V3 : Danganronpa 1 was a lot of fun, and Danganronpa 2 was amazing. If 3 has a character on the same level as
Nagito
, it might even beat out P5 as my GOTY. Hope it's localized well and soon.

3. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X : Loved the previous rhythm games in this series, so this is a must-buy even if it's not localized. I sure do hope for a localization, though.

4. Umineko no Naku Koro Ni : I've been hearing that this visual novel is great for years, and I loved the Higurashi anime. Sounds like Umineko's coming to steam with an official English translation in 2016? If so, it's an immediate buy. Got a steam gift card earmarked for this one.

5. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma : This is as low as it is because I haven't had a chance to play through the first two games yet, though I've bought them. Everything about this series sounds right up my ally, though.

6. Muv-Luv Trilogy : I backed the kickstarter for a vita copy. Hope the last VN in the trilogy is as good as everyone says.

7. Oxenfree : Judging by the PV for this, the dialogue and humor might be worth the price of admission all by themselves.

8. Root Double: Before Crime * After Days : I've heard vaguely good things about this, and the storyline sounds interesting, so I'll definitely be giving it a shot. Though I may wait for a few reviews before biting.

9. Root Letter : The premise of this is intriguing, and I'm always up for mysteries.

Would also include the localizations of Steins;Gate 0, Tokyo Xanadu, Net High, and Chaos;Head mid-list, if they were actually announced and had a 2016 release date.

cicero

1. Cuphead
2. DARK SOULS III
3. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
4. Dishonored 2
5. XCOM 2
6. The Witness
7. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
8. Firewatch
9. Divinity: Original Sin 2
10. No Man's Sky

kcp12304

Banned
1. Persona 5
2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
3. X-COM 2
4. Dues Ex: Mankind Divided
5. Dishonored 2
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. No Man's Sky
8. Ace Attorney 6
9. Divinity Original Sin 2
10. Final Fantasy XV

jiggle

1. Uncharted 4
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. Dragon Quest XI
4. Star Ocean 5
5. Horizon : Zero Dawn
6. No Man'S Sky
7. The Last Guardian
8. Ratchet & Clank
9. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3
10. Persona 5 - my first persona!

Shin-Ra

1. Uncharted 4 − A Thief’s End
2. The Legend of Zelda U
3. The Last Guardian
4. Gravity Rush 2
5. Ni no Kuni II − Revenant Kingdom
6. Gran Turismo SPORT
7. Yakuza 0
8. Final Fantasy XV
9. Ratchet & Clank
10. The Tomorrow Children

24093239115_573de85241_o.png

Canucked

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. Final Fantasy VX
3. Uncharted 4
4. Fire Emblem Fates
5. Persona 5
6. Street Fighter 5
7. Zelda
8. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
9. Ratchet and Clank
10. The Last Guardian

Also, as a bonus:
Whichever Dragon Quest games hit here.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
1. Firewatch : I'm a big Idle Thumbs fan and have enjoyed their talks about game design over the years. Finally getting to see all that knowledge and sensibilities put into an actual game feels like a dream come true. I have not seen a whole lot of it beside what they showed very early on as they announced the game but it's already obvious that it looks great and that Idle Thumbs attention to detail is all there - small stuff like the fact that you play as a slighty overweight guy who has a wedding ring on his finger, holds his map in his hand as opposed to some contextless menu makes me all the more excited about it.
2. The Witness : Early entries in the Myst series seem impenetrable to me and The Witness seems take the idea of a puzzle-filled island but fills it with these get this dot from A to B sort of puzzles so maybe it'll be more aproachable. On the other hand if all the puzzles are based on the same idea then there has to be more to it than what we've seen so far. I'm really curious how far is Jonathan Blow going to take that concept.
3. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : Absolutely loved the first one and hope this will also have some sort of leaderboards to race other players because it was by was my favorite part of the game.
4. Tacoma : Gone Home was great so I'm hoping for interesting story and all the better that now it's in a more alien environment as it gives them more freedom.
5. Nier: Automata : I've not played the first one but my recent experiences with Drakengard 3 and the fact that this is being developed by Platinum makes me think it might be time to get a PS4.
6. Torment: Tides of Numenera : Already bought in through Kickstarter and despite it looking a bit shaky with people like the project director himself leaving I'm still excited about the spiritual successor to one of the best games of all time.
7. Street Fighter V : As a PC gamer from Central Europe where Tekken was pretty much the only big fighting game ever I'm hoping to finally get my feet wet in this genre and SF5 seems like a good place to start as many more people will do the exact same thing so I won't just get stomped.
8. XING: The Land Beyond : It looks great now that they're on UE4 and what I've played of that early build published all those years ago along with the Kickstarter campaign was already good.
9. Total War: Warhammer : I skip every other Total War game as it lets me experience more changes and upgrades instead of just feeling like a yearly roster update in FIFA or something, already skipped Rome so it's Total Warhammer's turn to shine. I would've prefered a game set in W40k universe but Orks are always great regardless of what timeline they're in. WAAAGH!

Xumbrega

Banned
1) Scalebound
2) Gears of War 4
3) Recore
4) Quantum Break
5) Mass Effect: Andromeda
6) Doom 4
7) Dishonored 2
8) Sea of Thieves
9) Yooka-Laylee
10) Crackdown 3

TripOpt55

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End: My favorite developer making their last entry in one of my favorite series. An easy choice for my most anticipated game. And Uncharted 4 happens to look pretty awesome too. I particularly love the strides they have taken with the core gameplay seen in the first PSX demo. Looks like they have added a lot of depth and options to combat encounters and playing the beta confirmed that movement and controls are better than ever. I have been staying away from most media for it, but the jeep and grapple seem like cool additions and I can’t wait to see what else this game has in store.
2. Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst: Everyone has one of those cult classic, low-selling games that they adored. Mirror’s Edge is mine. Some of the best platforming I’ve ever experienced and no game has ever rewarded me so much for my practice. I wasn’t sure it would ever get a sequel, but I am thrilled that it is. I was a little wary of the idea of the open world, but I really liked the demo they showed earlier this year and removal of guns is a good call. I hope the open world doesn’t hurt the challenge of the platforming too much though.
3. The Legend of Zelda: I love Zelda. Don’t know a whole lot about this one. I have been disappointed with the lack of a true new overworld in the series of late, so a new open world Hyrule to explore sounds pretty awesome. And honestly I am just starving for a new Zelda especially a 3D one.
4. Ratchet & Clank: This might be higher if it was a fully new game and I am a little worried that this game ends up rebooting the game series’ storyline, but I love these two guys and never tire of hopping around, shooting baddies and upgrading all my cool weapons. One of a couple of games on here I have gotten to play and it seems to be more of the Ratchet I love.
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn: I love how fast the third-person shooting gameplay looks in this. You seem to have a lot of maneuverability too. And this setting looks so cool. I can’t wait to explore this world. Plus bows and robot dinosaurs both of which I love. My only worry before was that I never play RPGs, but I finished my first one this year (The Witcher 3) so that shouldn’t be an issue now hopefully.
6. The Last Guardian: Honestly kind of tired of waiting for this game. Hopefully I can finally play it this year! It still looks great and I have enjoyed Team Ico’s other two games especially Shadow of the Colossus.
7. Gravity Rush 2: So happy this is getting a sequel. Kat is such a fun happy character. I love playing as her. Falling around in Gravity Rush is one of the coolest ways of traversing an open world as well.
8. Quantum Break: Remedy is a great developer. I expect another fantastic narrative here and the fast-paced third-person shooting looks like fun.
9. Far Cry Primal: Far Cry is my favorite FPS series. I like the idea of the new setting and the beastmaster abilities look really neat. Dropping bombs as a hawk before siccing a bear at some enemies looks cool. Should make clearing outposts pretty interesting.
10. Yooka-Laylee: I’m not the biggest Banjo fan, but I love cartoony 3D platformers, so I am still looking forward to this. The character designs are really cute too.

Next year looks awesome. I could have easily listed a top 20.

Jake360

Neo Member
1. Mass Effect: Andromeda : My favourite series!
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End : It's Naughty Dog, I can't wait!
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn : An open world setting that looks interesting to me.
4. Telltale Batman Game : After Tales and GoT this could be amazing or terrible... It's Batman so I hope some time and thought has been put into it and it's not just another money grab.
5. The Walking Dead: Michonne : I enjoy TT adventures in The Walking Dead.
6. The Last Guardian : The several years of hype has got to me.
7. Firewatch : I've been getting into these types of games this year.
8. Heavy Rain : Haven't played, looking forward to the remaster.
9. Ratchet & Clank : Enjoyed during the PS2 era, lost interest with the more recent titles. This looks brilliant.
10. Rise of the Tomb Raider : Enjoyed the first. Hope this is priced cheap at release otherwise it is never going to get played. ME:A is to important!

DTJAAAAM

1. Street Fighter V
2. Fire Emblem Fates
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. Tekken 7
6. Stranger of Sword City
7. Dead Island 2
8. Sengoku Basara: Sanada Yukimura-Den
9. Samurai Warriors 4 Empires
10. Mass Effect Andromeda

-hadouken

• Battlefield 5
It's all too easy to hate on EA, though BF4 has continued to grow on me (to the exclusion of other games) over the past couple of years. Can't wait for the 2016 release.

If you squint at the below pic (imagining that's an StG44 and we're deep in the Hürtgen Forest) could anything be more exciting?

CXWp1ELUAAA_xGt.png:large

SeanTSC

1. Persona 5: I love Persona games and not a single delay has deflated my hype for Persona 5 even a little bit. I have no doubt that it will be the most amazing game of 2016.

2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness: It's looking gorgeous and everything the developers have said about it has me excited, especially with how much they wanted to distance it from SO4.

3. Final Fantasy XV: I STILL BELIEVE!

4. Dragon Quest XI: I have complete faith in this game just from the tiny bit of super early footage we saw.

5. Dark Souls III: Very hyped for this, I'm super eager to play with the new mechanics.

6. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: A proper Digimon game on the PS4? Fuck yeah!

7. Horizon Zero Dawn: Came out of nowhere and looks absolutely fantastic.

8. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: Proper Zelda games always get me hyped.

9. Nights of Azure: New IP from Gust? Sign me up.

10. Atelier Sophie: More Atelier from Gust? Sign me up.

And just in general I'm super pumped for all the RPGs and other games coming out within the next couple years. There's also Tales of Berseria, Megadimension Neptunia VII, Fire Emblem Fates, #FE, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Bravely Second, Deus Ex MD, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Valkyria: Azure Revolution, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and 3, Gravity Rush HD/2, Ys 8, Ni Oh, The Last Guardian, Nier: Automata, Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force, Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky, Grand Kingdom, Danganronpa 3, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Root Letter, Yakuza Kiwami/6, Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna, Hellblade, Deaths' Gambit, Ace Combat 7, Ni no Kuni 2, World of Final Fantasy, Rime, etc.

I'm super fucking exited!

benzy

1. FFXV: The first next-gen mainline FF is finally here!

2. Gran Turismo Sport: The first next-gen GT is finally here!

3. Star Ocean 5: They're actually making another Star Ocean!

1. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
2. DOOM
3. Gears of War 4
4. Rocket League (XBO)
5. ReCore
6. Forza Horizon 3
7. Madden NFL 17
8. Crackdown 3
9. Dishonored 2
10. Quantum Break

BlueLegs

1. Street Fighter V
2. FFXV
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4. Yooka-Laylee
5. Doom 4
6. Shadow Warrior 2
7. Quantum Break
8. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
9. Dishonored 2
10. Hellblade

Ray Down

Banned
1. Uncharted 4 − A Thief’s End
2. The Legend of Zelda U
3. The Last Guardian
4. Gravity Rush 2
5. Ni no Kuni II − Revenant Kingdom
6. Gran Turismo SPORT
7. Yakuza 0
8. Final Fantasy XV
9. Ratchet & Clank
10. The Tomorrow Children

24093239115_573de85241_o.png

Surprised no FF XV image.

1. Uncharted 4 A Thief's End: Uncharted 2 was the game that inspired me to get a PS3, after the success of TLOU Uncharted 4 is looking to be Naughty Dog's finest game.

2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: Open-world Zelda with huge map? Sign me up.

3. The Last Guardian

4. Horizon Zero Dawn

5. Mass Effect Andromeda

6. Final Fantasy XV

7. Dishonored 2

8. Dark Souls 3

9. No Man's Sky

10. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst

Filter

1. Street fighter V

2. Ace combat 7 with PSVR

3. Zelda WiiU

4. Star Fox zero

5. Sherlock Holmes: the devil's daughter

6. Platinum ninja turtle game

7. Dark souls 3

8. Fire emblem Fates

9. The last guardian

10. Dreams (that's this year right?)

Tmecha

Neo Member
1. Crackdown 3
2. Cuphead
3. Quantum break
4. Halo wars 2
5. Gears of war 4
6. Mass effect Andromeda
7. Sea of thieves
8. Recore
9. Horizon
10. Scalebound

1. Persona 5: I'll buy anything Persona and SMT related from Atlus at this point.

2. Final Fantasy XV: I've waited so many years for this game; I hope it's well-received.

3. XCOM 2: I didn't have a history with the original X-Com and its successors like many gaffers. Perhaps owing to that, I experienced XCOM from a relatively fresh perspective. I enjoyed EU for what it was and look forward to the updates that 2 will bring.

4. Cuphead: The 2D animation of Cuphead deserves strong praise. I've seen the impressions that speak negatively of the gameplay and will cautiously watch to see final impressions before purchasing.

5. Firewatch: With the pedigree of the development team, the art style of Olly Moss and what we've seen of the gameplay and interactivity, I'm almost willing to buy this at release.

6. Batman: A TellTale Series: Tales from the Borderlands and A Wolf Among Us were two titles I deeply enjoyed this past year and I've become accustomed to the template upon which TellTale builds its games. While it has served them well in some respects, when combined with an outdated engine, gameplay and the role of player choice has become increasingly predictable. On the one hand, this Batman adventure game could be the Dark Knight detective game many seek. On the other hand, the probable outcome is a relatively formulaic Batman game featuring one of more Batman villains (Hello, Joker!) and standard TellTale action sequences. Cautiously optimistic, but I'll wait to read final impressions. If I'm dodging Firefly with the A button, I might keep my money.

7. Tacoma: Tacoma, like other recent entries in the adventure genre, has the potential to break new ground. Over the last several years, adventure games have seen a renaissance and I hope to enjoy Tacoma upon release. Though it will almost certainly lack VR support upon release, I would love to see that feature integrated at some point.

8. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: DXHR was an eye-opening experience when I first played it upon release in college. I'm not really disappointed with the graphics at this point, unlike others, but its significant delays are the kind of thing that usually point to a game being in a poor technical state. That's drastically tempered my expectations even though Eidos Montreal earned a large amount of goodwill from me with DXHR and the Director's Cut (commentary).

9. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst: The original Mirror's Edge was made by EA during a period where they were open to experimentation. Unfortunately, a less than stellar reception, combined with a plot that went nowhere and poor gunplay reduced chances we would see a sequel. While I look forward to Catalyst's release, I'll keep my expectations in check.

10. Mass Effect: Andromeda: This would be higher up on my list, but EA has earned a lot of ire from me and the gaming community at large over the years. While I enjoyed DA:I even in its neutered form, EA still has a lot to prove before I buy another Mass Effect.

Top Bottom