• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

Stoze

1. The Witness: I think this has been my most anticipated game since it was announced a few years back. After playing The Talos Principle, I think I've confirmed to myself that first person puzzlers are my favorite genre/subgenre of video games. Everything I've seen and heard from the dev blog and trailers seem like something I would love, and I can't wait to jump into that world and start solving puzzles.

2. Firewatch:
From the little they've showcased, Firewatch has piqued my interest. Really great environmental art, slick graphic design, great voice acting and banter, and an intriguing setting. Most of all though, there appears to be a dark mystery story behind the warm outdoorsy exterior of this game, and I'm excited to see what it is.

3. XCOM 2: Having just finished EU and preparing to play EW, I've been preparing for this. The footage released for XCOM 2 looks awesome, and there looks to be some excellent gameplay changes that remedy my issues from the first game like "concealment", and even nice UI changes like putting health on a singular bar. I'm also excited to see the randomization of levels and mod support and how that pays off in terms of longevity and replay-ability.

4. The Tomorrow Children:
The only multiplayer game I'm excited for. Gorgeous art and graphics tech, and I really like the community/base building aspect. I signed up for the beta, here's hoping the full game comes out by Q2...

5. Enter the Gungeon:
Another year, another neat 'Roguelite' on the horizon. This one looks fantastic from what I've seen, I'm hoping it can compete with some of the greats right now like Nuclear Throne and Binding of Isaac. Not much to say other than it looks like a blast and I really want to play it.

6. Uncharted 4: From the footage we've seen, Uncharted 4 looks phenomenal. Varied and impressive intense set pieces, gorgeous graphics, and great writing and acting. What really excites me though is Druckmann and Straley at the helm, as TLoU is hands down my favorite game from Naughty Dog. I'm really curious to see what they do leading the charge this time around.

7. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: We haven't seen much for this game, but I will say after A Link Between Worlds, I'm really interested to see the next Zelda game and what changes it will have. The proposed art style and world looks great so far, so hopefully this delivers. It's time for a new mainline 3D Zelda!

8. Cuphead:
As time goes on my anticipation for Cuphead starts to fade, especially after hearing some impressions from gameplay on the show floor. That being said, it's still the most visually striking thing on this list, and I still want to see it up close and personal and try my hand at those boss fights.

9. Hyper Light Drifter:
Disasterpeace + great pixel art has been proven to be a winning formula over the years, and this looks like another one. The Bastion style of gameplay looks fun, and the game is oozing atmosphere.

10. Rime:
Haven't really seen much out of this other than the trailer/teaser, but man what's there sure looks gorgeous and fun. I look forward to exploring that world next year.

ManeKast

1. Dark Souls 3: Counting down the days; Collectors Edition preordered.

2. The Legend Of Zelda Wii U: Nintendo are lords.

3. Xcom 2: Turn based strategy heaven.

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
3. Persona 5
4. Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC)
5. Ni Oh
6. The Last Guardian
7. Street Fighter V
8. Final Fantasy XV
9. Hyper Light Drifter
10. Mighty No. 9

1. Gran Turismo Sport: Very little is known about it, but that doesn't bother me. It's a new GT and at this point they're events. This may very well be the only entry we get this entire generation. With that said, i'm also looking forward to how they attempt to reinvigorate the genre. Of all the major genres, I think racing games have got off to the slowest start in terms of sales. It's just sorta limping along. It definitely needs something to give it a boost.
2. Gravity Rush 2
3. Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna
4. The Last Guardian
5. Persona 5
6. Star Ocean 5
7. Nights of Azure
8. Uncharted 4
9. Street Fighter V
10. Final Fantasy XV

Azriell

1. Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2: The first game was a sleeper favorite of mine that ended up being one of my favorite shooters of all time.

2. No Man's Sky: Holy hell, this game. I think it will scratch that Minecraft itch for me, in a way.

3. Dark Souls 3: Fucking Souls. The fact that this isn't #1 is pretty crazy, but it has something to do with me already playing DS2 and preparing to replay BB next year.

4. Fire Emblem Fates: Awakening was so good, I can't wait to see how the next entry goes.

5. Yooka-Laylee: only thing I've ever Kickstarted.

6. Horizon - Zero Dawn: I'm not sure how much I'll love the game, but the theme is so great that I'm buying in early.

7. Firewatch: I avoid preview footage on everything, so I don't know how much I don't know. I'm intrigued, and the art style is cool.

8. Dishonored 2: more Dishonored.

9. Bravely Second: more Bravely Default.

10. Battlefield 5: more Battlefield.

Exentryk

1. World of Final Fantasy: This is probably going to be my GOTY. Turn based combat, streamlined command execution via face buttons, strategical depth with party formations, monster capture, old FF characters, overworld use for monsters and magic, nice music, etc., sounds like a game full of potential.

2. NieR Automata: Action combat looks amazing. I really liked the original, so really looking forward to this one.

3. Star Ocean 5: Never played a Star Ocean game before, but the combat looks a lot of fun. The characters also look CG quality, and the world and towns look diverse enough. The story and localisation will probably be crap, but as long as it is fun to play, it'll be fine.

4. Project Setsuna: Turn based combat, Chrono Trigger vibes, amazing Piano music, snowy atmosphere, and a potentially heartfelt story. Really looking forward to this.

5. Persona 5: Never played a Persona game before, but turn based combat looks great. Let's see why this series is loved so much.

6. Bravely Second: Loved the first game, and really looking forward to this one.

7. Kingdom Hearts 2.8: Looking forward to Aqua's chapter, and KH3D.

8. Final Fantasy XV: Don't have much hope for this one. Hopefully the PC version releases shortly after the console releases.

---
x. Scalebound: Will care for this if it comes to PC.

1. Uc4: Graphics aren't the only or most important thing, but I am a sucker for good graphics and Uc4 in my opinion looks like it could be the best looking game on a console thus far, hands down. Not only that, but I like to play a game with a good story. I love Uc2, lots of fond memories with it and I can't wait to see just how ND (Nathan Drake/Naughty Dog's) story ends.

2. Me4: I am not over the Me3 ending and I never will be, BUT, just like Uc2, I got a lot of fond memories playing Me2, that game I honestly feel like it changed my life in gaming forever. So as bad as Me3 is, still doesn't undo the greatness of Me2 and the ME series. Very interested to see where the series goes.

3. Persona 5: As I said before, I like a game with a good story. I just discovered Persona this last year and apparently it is a very story driven game. "Social links" makes me think a lot of the things you decide to do will make a variety of things happen, and I'm still keen to know just how the "persona" works and operates and whether you're a hero, anti-hero, or a small time villain.

4. Tekken 7: I grew up playing Tekken and I stopped caring about it for a long time due it going multi-platform and generally being disappointed with Tekken 6, but what's most interesting to me about it is the story. And Tekken 7 promises to give closure and conclude the long running Mishima clan curse saga. Plus, there aren't a lot of fictional Arab/Middle Eastern characters held in a good light, and Shaheen seems like he will be a good guy.

5. Horizon: Zero Dawn: I have to admit, I really want to play the game just to know about these robot dinosaurs. Are they completely manmade, or are they organic, and just totally clad in metal like MetalGarurumon? Also, Aloy looks really appealing to me because of how she isn't sexualized. Honestly, I'm not fond of how females are sexualized 90% of the time in video games.

6. Street Fighter 5: I honestly have not cared about Street Fighter since Street Fighter X + Alpha, but the fact that it is an exclusive makes me interested in it. Plus, the crossplay. And who knows...with the addition of Akuma in Tekken 7, maybe Nina or some other Tekken character will show up in it.

7. No Man's Sky: Similarly to SF5, its exclusivity makes it more attractive to me, but I do also like space stuff. Just wish I knew if it'll be a Minecraft or if there'll be an actual campaign.

8. Yakuza 6: I really should just put Yakuza 0 or Xtreme coz those are the ones that'll actually come here next year, but Yakuza 6 will be the first game in the series built from the ground up for this gen. Yakuza 3 imo was a great game, especially its story.

9. Dreams: I don't even know if it's been announced for 2016, but I'm a big fan of MM, I love LBP especially LBP2, and even though I want an LBP4 from them, I'm sure whatever Dreams will be will definitely be a fun time.

10. This last spot I'll give to Crackdown 3, Scalebound, Quantum Break, Cuphead, and Halo Wars (I don't really have a set #10). These are games I won't get to play but still interested to know more about. Crackdown I want to really see how the "cloud" delivers, Scalebound to me is the most intriguing Xbone exclusive, Quantum Break imo will be Xbox's next big IP next to Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Fable and Titanfall (sorta), Cuphead is just super unique, and Halo Wars is the next game in the Halo series.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Easy, Dark Souls 3

Edit: oh we need to list 10?

1. Dark Souls 3
2. Xcom 2
3. No Man's Sky
4. Street Fighter 5
5. Horizon
6. Dragon's Dogma PC
7. Uncharted 4
8. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
9. Persona 5
10. Rise of the Tomb Raider PC

I don't believe Zelda, FF15 or Last Guardian will come out this year :3

1. Mirror's Edge Catalyst: A sequel to one of my absolute favorite games of the last generation, this would be my most anticipated title merely by virtue of existing. More importantly, however, it appears to be the sequel that the first game deserves - one that builds off of Mirror Edge's core gameplay instead of reinventing it, with an expanded world and more interesting plot. Fingers crossed.

2. Star Fox Zero: With an underwhelming E3 showing and last-minute release delay, it seems like every snippet of news that Nintendo shares about this title does more to dampen hype than build it. But Star Fox 64 remains one of my GOAT games, and I'm not ready to give up hope on it finally receiving a worthy (or at least passable) successor.

3. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: After a successful reintroduction of non-linear progression into the series with A Link Between Worlds, I'm eager to see how Nintendo carries that philosophy into the console space. Nintendo seems very proud of the sheer size of the overworld, which doesn't do much for me - but a return to series hallmarks of exploration and discovery could elevate Zelda U above merely aping the open-world trend.

4. The Last Guardian: As someone who enjoyed Ico more than Shadow of the Colossus, another stab at puzzle-solving in cooperation with an AI companion is naturally appealing. Combine that with a bittersweet "boy and his dog" story and truly impressive AI and visual design in Trico, and this game is shaping up to be something to be remembered for more than just its meme status.

5. Final Fantasy XV: I honestly have no idea what this game is anymore, but after 10 years of waiting does it matter? Triumph or epic letdown, we're all gonna play it. And I actually like the bro'd-trip premise, sue me.

6. Persona 5: I haven't played any of the previous Persona games, but I'm ready to jump in with this entry. It just oozes style.

7. Gravity Rush 2: Having always admired Gravity Rush from afar (not a Vita owner), I'm thrilled that this is coming to PS4. The only downside is that it seems to be such a significant expansion over the first game that I'm not sure whether I should buy the remastered port or just wait for this.

8. Uncharted 4: I loved Uncharted 2, but was never motivated to pick up the other two due to an overall feeling of samey-ness. However, the more open approach to combat scenarios that Naughty Dog has shown off has me interested again, and if nothing else it is sure to be a technical masterpiece.

9. Horizon: Zero Dawn: Hunting dino-mechs in a post-apocalyptic open-world. That's a lot of hyphens. Honestly, they had me at the dino-mechs. Also, kudos for taking more chances on female protagonists in AAA games.

10. Dragon Quest XI: Like Persona, I'm a newbie to the Dragon Quest series. But the surprise announcement of unique SKUs for the PS4 and 3DS put this on my radar, and at any rate I'm game for a more traditional turn-based jRPG.

Bio

1. Dark Souls 3

2. Persona 5
- I switched DS3 and P5 around in order like 5 times before settling on this, I love Persona with a passion but I can't deny I'll probably put at least a hundred more hours into DS3 than I will with P5.

3. Danganronpa 3

4. Final Fantasy XV
- Still a sucker for Final Fantasy

5. DIshonored 2

6. Rise of the Tomb Raider
- On a system I can play it on. It's the one XBO game I really felt like I was missing out on, but I'm not buying a console just for that.

7. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

8. Nier: Automata
- I'm at the point where I automatically am looking forward to anything from platinum, and this also has Nier on it so yeah.

9. The Last Guardian
- It's really coming out this time, right?

10. WoW: Legion
- I surprised myself that this made the list, considering I still haven't even got or played Warlords of Draenor, but so much of that Legion shit looks awesome..

01DragonFly

1.The Legend of Zelda Wii U : open world and nice graphics can't ask for more.
2. Scalebound : Platinium Games+ Kamiya + dragons = awesome
3. Quantum Break
4. Halo Wars 2
5. Cuphead
6. Dark Souls 3
7. Fable Legends
8. Ratchet & Clank
9. Fire Emblem Fates
10. #FE

JC Sera

1. Torment: Tides of Numenera
2. Overwatch
4. Shadowrun Hong Kong Mini-campaign
5. Dishonored 2
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Pikmin 4
8. The Last Guardian
9. Unravel

Whoops, nearly forgot about this!

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn. Red haired, bow wielding lady protaganist, open world, post post apocalyptic action adventure RPG, with robot Dinosaurs. It's like someone asked 13 year old me to name some of the cool things I love and made a game out of it!

2. No Mans Sky. ...then they asked me what else I loved and made this. Fuck but I love space, and this game is basically my life long fantasy made real. If they can pull of PSVR support, and the performance issues turn out to be unfounded rumours, this will be one of the best games ever made.

3. Fire Emblem: Fates. Awakening was just wonderful, finally taking FE from niche, slowly dying franchise that never quite found it's feet, to bombastically enjoyable AAA quality Nintendo game in one instalment, and this looks to take every single improvement that game made and tweak them to make it even better. Just hope it makes it to Europe this year.

4. Uncharted 4: a Thief's End. Love the uUcharted games, and coming off The Last of Us, and given every preview we've seen, this is going to be the send off to the series it deserves.

5. Persona 5. This would be higher if I were sure it would get a European release this year, but I'm not holding my breath. Looks to be made of pure love though, so when it does land, it'll be a guaranteed GOTY candidate.

6. Hyper Light Drifter. Backed this day one on Kickstarter. Still looks like hot neon sex.

7. Rime. It's Wind Wakers art style combined with non hideous character designs and Ico like puzzle platforming adventure style gameplay. It's been worryingly quiet lately, but I'm still hoping it'll both come out this year and live up to its potential.

8. Ace Combat 7. Love ace combat, and the potential this has with PSVR is just insane.

9. Mass Effect: Andromeda. Sure, ME3 shit the bed so badly the entire house had to be burnt down, but 2 was my favourite game of all time, so I've got to give it the benefit of the doubt that this could be a return to form, and that Mac Walters adult incontinence nappies have been duct tapped on to him this time. I will not be buying day one mind, very much a 'wait for the synopsis and trusted/fan reviews' game.

10. #FE. Bollocks, forgot this. Ok, so knocking RotTR out the top ten is Persona and Fire Emblem shoved in a blender with a massive amount of Japanese pop culture and all the colours in the world. This is up there with Persona 5 for me in the excitement scale, but I'm not expecting full localisation, which combined with high pitched voices and singing cutting through me like a knife, I'm expecting to mostly love this but periodically want to slit my wrists playing it.

Runner up: Rise of the Tomb Raider: now on systems people want to play it on Edition. Loved the first one, will love this one, but I'll probably be buying it second hand.

1. Enter the Gungeon
2. Torment: Tides of Numenara
3. Overwatch
4. No Man's Sky
5. The Legend of Zelda Wii U/NX
6. Dark Souls 3
7. Rain World
8. Persona 5
9. Uncharted 4
10. Crossing Souls

1. #FE;
2. Persona 5;
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided;
4. Final Fantasy XV;
5. The Legend of Zelda Wii U;
6. Horizon: Zero Down;
7. Nier: Automata;
8. Pokken Tournament;
9. SMTIV: Final;
10. Mother 4;

1. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : The original is one of my games of all time, and HR did a good enough job to convince me EM can do even better this time around. I'm worried about the delay, but it looks like ample time to fix possible problems that caused it.

2. Dark Souls III : I've played DS1 for over 1000 hours, mostly due to pvp, so I'm hoping DS III will finally polish the rough edges the previous games had.

3. X-COM 2 : Random terrain generation could really bring a lot of longevity to this game, and I really like what I'm hearing about the soldier customization and sharing options.

4. ME: Andromeda : This has a high chance of getting delayed I think. Regardless of how ME3 ended, the series was fantastic and I can't wait to play some more.

5. Dragon's Dogma PC : I tried to get into this game on PS+ twice, but I just couldn't stomach the poor performance and graphics.

6. Quantum Break: I don't even own an Xbox but I really hope this will be a big hit for Remedy and it'll eventually get a PC port like AW.

7. DOOM : I could actually see myself playing the online part too since the only online shooters I've ever stuck with are old school arena shooters.

8. The Last Guardian : The E3 showcase looked promising, but I do wonder if it'll live up to the hype, and whether it'll release this year.

9. Uncharted 4 : The multiplayer beta was a lot of fun, and there's no doubt the single player will be one of the few PS4 games that I can see myself paying full price for.

10. Dishonored 2 : I haven't played the original more than an hour or two, but I feel like I'd really like it if I gave it another chance.

...and games that didn't make the cut, in no specific order:
ROTTR PC
Zelda
FFXV
Horizon:ZD
No Man's Sky

Phew, just in time!

1. Persona 5 : Fell in love with Persona 4 Golden two years ago and to think about a sequel makes me giggle with joy. Every released footage has so far been incredible and the new setting and characters seems perfect. It oozes with style and will with no doubt fill me with much of joy next summer. Who am I kidding, we Europeans are lucky to have it Winter 2017...

2. Horizon Zero Dawn : I'm not into RPG's at all (besides Persona), however everything about this game seems great. Great protagonist, fantastic artstyle and Robot Dinosaurs is more than enough to make me happy and with Guerrilla behind the steering wheel I'm sure were in for a visual treat.

3. No Man's Sky : Exploration is something that has always fascinated me and with Hello Games upcoming my space traveler dreams will soon come true. The galactic, and later on I expect Universal, map is utterly mind-blowing.

4. The Witness : I suspect my first quarter will be filled with much puzzle-solving as The Witness offers everything I would have dreamed from a game. Stunning artstyle, direct and clever puzzles and a mysterious island has me exited. Jonathan Blow and Thekla Inc sure has something special in their hands.

5. Ratchet & Clank : One of my favourite games is having a sequel on PS4, capturing the style of the first game and displayed in Pixar-like graphics. Give it to me now! Also Ratchet seems so fluffy.

6. Rime : It's been a while since Gamescom 2013, but Rime still has me fascinated. I'm not totally sure what I expect from the game, but as with The Witness, the artstyle has me going.

7. Uncharted 4 : It's the next game from Naughty Dog.

8. Abzû : Journey was an amazing experience and with the same art designer and composer in Abzû, I believe this underwater adventure to capture something special too.

9. Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 : The first game was a stunning blast, however the higher price tag has me somewhat cautious on when to buy it. Still I'm sure by the years end I will have stacked a lot of hours playing the game.

10. Yooka-Laylee : The more platformers the merrier! Backed it on kickstarter and it will be fun to see what the final game will have to offer.

2016 will be an amazing year for gaming!

1. Persona 5 can't go wrong
2. Uncharted 4 pretty graphics, more Nathan Drake
3. Yakuza 0 well, it's going another Yakuza :tears in the eyes:
4. Horizon : Zero Dawn please don't suck
5. No Man's Sky pretty space stuff
6. Deus Ex : Mankind Divided I like my anticipation scifi games
7. Street Fighter V hope this will lead a new boom in the FGC scene
8. Dishonored 2 hopefully as good as the original and hopefully in 2016
9. Mass Effect Andromeda please be good
10. The Division, please be good

MW_Jimmy

Gravity-Rush-2_09-21-15_Stage.jpg

1. Gravity Rush 2 : Fall again. Original Gravity Rush was one of the most surprising games I played on the Vita and the sequel is already looking to build on it with more dynamic scenes and detail. The appeal of the game is the same freedom of movement I've felt in NiGHTS where everything feels balletic, but Kat seems to do it in an almost drunken state. I hope the sequel retains this. The story too was gentile and grounded in day to day normality. Looking forward to falling around the place once more.
2. The Last Guardian : I actually don't believe this will come out next year, but if it does I cannot imagine it being anything other than incredible. There have been plenty of games that have used ICO/SOTC as inspiration in the intervening years, so it's going to be really interesting to know where Ueda has taken his craft this time.
3. Thumper : I played this at EGX and was just blown away by the atmosphere and sense of dread it achieved. It feels like a mixture between a rhythm action game and a disturbed bob-sleigh ride.
4. The Witness : Jonathan Blow's next game has been a long time coming, but the guy is a bit of a perfectionist so I haven't really minded the wait.
5. Persona 5
6. Severed
7. NI-OH
8. Yakuza 0
9. Nier: Automata
10. Dark Souls III

I would've liked to include WiLD on this list (probably around No. 5) but rules - I actually do think it will come out this year, and is something that looks and feels wholy unique in the gaming landscape. I completely love Michel Ancel games.

Other games I wish to note are Final Fantasy XV, Y's VIII, Tokyo Xanadu, ABZU, Wattam, What Remains of Edith Finch, REZ Infinite, Read Only Memories, Hyper Light Drifter, Rime, Aaero, Amplitude, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Cosmic Star Heroine, Rain World, Alone With You, Not A Hero, Gone Home, Bound, Alienation, Matterfall, and Project Setsuna.

serpent_moves

Neo Member
1.Gravity Rush Remastered - the PS4 system seller for me, will finally jump to next gen, loved the bits I got to play on a Vita demo booth, felt so fresh and unique, both in gameplay and in visuals/chara design

2.The Last Guardian - sotc was amazing, action adventure games and japanese AAA games in general are too rare

3.Uncharted 4 - eyecandy, justifies buying new hardware

4.Recore - the trailer looked cool, the names behind the game show promise, maybe the first thing that might make me consider an xbo, if it's a great 3d action adventure game in the vein of arkham asylum or soul reaver or metroid prime

5.Grip PS4 - I love futuristic racers, only played the demo of rollcage back in the day

6.Dirt Rally PS4 - skipped dirt last gen because of the exxxxxtreme vibe, glad it's going back to normal

7.Rime - same as TLG, this genre is just too rare nowadays

8.Doom - eyecandy, love sci-fi horror settings

9.Dark Souls 3 - will want to beat Bloodborne first so might wait on this for a bit to avoid fatigue, but the quality is a given

10.Gravity Rush 2 - depends on how much I will like the first one

edit: I'm pretty sure the game willl come out in the holiday season, but it hasn't been announced yet, however it would definitely make my top 3: Titanfall 2
Can't wait for the people behind COD4 and MW2 to show what they can do in a single player game in a sci-fi setting.

AllGamer

1. Uncharted 4 ; The finale to one of the best series in gaming.
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn ; The gameplay looked awesome and it's great to see a new IP from Guerrilla Games
4. Street Fighter V ;
5. Dishonored 2
6. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
7. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
8. For Honor
9. Doom ; The alpha was great. Finally a shooter with ammo, health and armor management again
10. No Man's Sky

Koozek

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
3. Uncharted 4
4. The Last Guardian
5. Mass Effect: Andromeda
6. Persona 5
7. Nier: Automata
8. Project Setsuna
9. Dragon Quest XI
10. Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst

Farks!

1. Torment: Tides of Numenera
2. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
3. Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
4. Dishonored 2
5. XCOM 2
6. Mass Effect: Andromeda
7. Hitman
8. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
9. Dark Souls III
10. Inside

ZSeba

1.- Horizon: Zero Dawn
2.- Uncharted 4
3.- Deus Ex Mankind Divided
4.- Final Fantasy XV
5.- The Last Guardian
6.- Overwatch
7.- Mass Effect: Andromeda
8.- Mirror's Edge Catalyst
9.- Doom
10.- Dishonored 2

Domino792

1. Persona 5
2. Uncharted 4
3. Overwatch
4. Deus Ex
5. Horizon
6. Dark Souls 3
7. No Mans Sky
8. Mass Effect Andromeda
9. The Last Guardian
10. Final Fantasy XV

1) Street Fighter V
2) Horizon Zero Dawn
3) Gravity Rush 2
4) Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
5) Final Fantasy XV
6) The Legend of Zelda Wii U
7) Persona 5
8) Uncharted 4

Most anticipated 2016

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Persona 5
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. No Man's Sky
5. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Fire Emblem Fates
8. Uncharted 4
9. The Last Guardian
10. Dark Souls 3

1wb4LRi.png

ukiYMWV.png

Just for reference!!!

So each year 4 of the top 10 have been delayed by at least one calendar year. Thanks for putting together!

1. Unravel
2. The Legend of Zelda
3. The Last Guardian
4. Metroid Prime Federation Force
5. Yooka-Laylee
6. Dark Souls III
7. Fire Emblem Fates Birthright
8. Ratchet & Clank
9. Star Fox Zero
10. Zero Escape 3 Zero Time Dilemma

Honourable mentions:
Horizon Zero Dawn
Uncharted 4 A Thief’s End
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
Pokken Tournament
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
Star Ocean V Integrity and Faithlessness

1. Digimon cyber sleuth
2. Final fantasy XV
2. World of Final Fantasy
3 Dissidia Final Fantasy
4. Bravely Second
5. Fire emblem Fates
6. Star ocean 5
7. Tales of Berseria(I can hope right)
8. Zelda WiiU
9. Naruto storm 4
10. #FE

NMFried

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
3. Crackdown 3
4. Fire Emblem Fates
5. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
6. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
7. The Last Guardian
8. Street Fighter V
9. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
10. Star Fox Zero

iMax

1. Gears of War 4: It's about time the best TPS graces our consoles again. Microsoft has a good team in The Coalition with some great developer pedigree. Hopeful to see what they do!
2. Crackdown 3: First time we're going to see what The Power of The Cloud™ can really do... and if early indications are anything, it's going to be incredible. I can see my house from here!
3. Hitman: I was a little disappointed I wasn't going to be playing this in December through Square's new piecemeal game delivery programme but I have high hopes after Absolution and am looking forward to poisoning some oligarch's soup once again.
4. Quantum Break: Remedy are an incredibly underrated studio. Yes, it's not Alan Wake 2
(it might be Alan Wake 2)
but it looks to be one of the most unique games this generation—and by far the best looking.
5. The Last Guardian: Here's hoping it's better than Duke Nukem Forever.
6. Firewatch: Intriguing game, this one. Not sure what to make of it yet... but I can't say I'm not hooked already.
7. ADR1FT: If any game is going to get me into VR, it's this. This is what we call a killer app.
8. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: Despite my moderate hype, I've put this fairly low on the list simply because I feel I know what I'm getting. It doesn't feel like there's much going on in the innovation department over previous entrants but we'll see...
9. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U/
scratch that, NX
):
Already looks gorgeous on the Wii U. Hoping it'll look even better on whatever lies ahead.
10. Doom: This looks like it'll be fun as hell. That's enough for me.

This is a very close Top 10 for me. I have a lot of hype to give.

1) Fire Emblem: Fates
2) The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
3) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
4) Star Fox: Zero
5) Dark Souls 3
6) Scalebound
7) Mirrors Edge: Catalyst
8) Persona 5
9) Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE
10) Zero Time Dilemma

Looks like a this year will have a variety of games, I'm excited for 2016!

iSnakeTk

Should be put to work in a coal mine.
1. Uncharted 4: From my favourite developer comes another entry in my favourite franchise.
2. Persona 5: Started with Persona 4 Golden on my vita. Became the only game I finished on my Vita. Twice.
3. Final Fantasy 15: The next numbered main entry in this franchise is always worth the attention.

4. Mass Effect Andromeda: Hope it achieves the same level of greatness as Mass Effect 2
5. Firewatch: Looks amazing and fresh.
6. Horizon Zero Dawn: Finally a new IP from the makers of Killzone. Finally excited for a game from them.

7. The Last Guardian : After ico and SotC I am really interested how this one turns out.
8. Deus Ex Mankind Divided: After their last game I trust them 100% to make a great RPG again.
9. Gran Turismo Sports : Really excited to see what Polyphony can do on the Ps4. I love my car porn and they do it the best.
10. Street Fighter 5

Bert

Will try to be honest.

1: Football Manager 2016 - I will buy this day one and play it to death regardless of how similar it is just for the latest team rosters.
2: FIFA 17 - See above.
3: Uncharted 4 - just replaying the Uncharted Collection, so good.
4: XCOM 2 - my favourite game last gen.
5: No Man's Sky - just looks really interesting. Hoping for a similar feeling to the old Elite games in terms of scope.
6: Telltale Batman game
7: New Telltale Walking Dead game
8: Something PSVR, possibly RIGS.
9: Zelda U - It's Zelda and surely Splatoon will have got boring by then?
10: Starfox U - love me some Starfox.

Ragona

Almost forgot about this! Let's see:

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. Uncharted 4
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Mafia 3
5. The Last Guardian
6. Persona 5
7. Deus Ex: Mankind Divide
8. The Division
9. XCOM2
10. Overwatch

If only 7 of these games release this year and/or match their expected quality (being 8/10+) its going to be a year to set standards. And i cant even list Destiny 2, which is guaranteed to come. And then there is VR, which adds a whole new layer to gaming. And if rumored CPU/Gpus development become true, I'll jump to 4k. Oh and this little Nintendo NX, that could possibly still come out...

1. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 ...

1. The Legend of Zelda : After picking back up with my Wii U with Yoshi's Woolly World, Xenoblade X, and Super Mario Maker, I started to think about why I own a Wii U and realize I'm pretty much in it with Nintendo for Zelda, Mario, and if they remember it: Metroid.

2. Persona 5 : I still feel like I'm on the outside looking in with this fanbase and series, but I had fun mostly with Persona 3 Portable and really took to Persona 4 Golden and I am 100% on board for this one. My comment might not sound as enthusiastic for a number two title but Persona (and SMT) is just one of most fascinating franchises out there to me.

3. Dragon Quest 7 : I had sold my 3DS and games, and then Nintendo announced its localization literally 24 hours later. God fucking damn it.

4. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : Probably my favorite "junk food" game series. The footage I've been consuming looks stellar. Also: Laura Bailey!

5. Crackdown 3 : Burned by Crackdown 2, but Crackdown remains one of my favorite last-gen titles, surprising me in the best way. Looking forward to seeing the end result with "the power of the cloud."

6. Horizon: Zero Dawn : Sure, I'll hunt robot deer and dinos!

7. Batman: A Telltale Games Series : Enjoying three out of five Telltale series isn't too bad, I guess. I'm also coming off a Tales from the Borderlands high, a game I loved from start to finish. The licenses are more the appeal than the actual game design at this point, so I'm willing to give Telltale the benefit of the doubt so to speak and hopefully they nail this universe.

8. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : The preorder nonsense aside, you say "cyberpunk," I say "How high?" Wait... Anyway, Human Revolution was one of my favorite games for 2011 so looking forward to more of that.

9. Mass Effect: Andromeda : Well, it has a tentative 2016 date anyway. No, I didn't take to ME3's ending well, but I'm not going to say no to more space opera and chillin' on spaceships and romancing blue aliens.

10. Yooka-Laylee : I have Rare Replay, and have been itching to play the Banjo-Kazooie games, and I haven't done it yet. But it's been my time with Yoshi's Woolly World that kind of reminded me how much I still enjoy platformers and love the impact that Rare team had in my youth. I haven't said much about Y-L, nor backed it, but I think it could be a nice experience.

HM: Gears of War 4, Doom, Zero Time Dilemma

Kikarian

1. Overwatch
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Final Fantasy XV
4. Persona 5
5. The Last Guardian
6. Dark Souls 3
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. Nier: Automata
9. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
10. Ni-Oh

TheDanimal

1. Final Fantasy XV: I can't help but be attracted to this game. It could be a train wreck, or it could be flat out fantastic.

2. Bravely Second: I LOVED Bravely Default, so I'm hoping that Square will fix the first game's issues for the sequel.

3. Zelda Wii U: I'm a huge Zelda fan and this looks to be amazing, hopefully.

4. Mirror's Edge Catalyst: The first Mirror's Edge was one of my favorite PS3 games, and this looks to be more of the best parts of it.

5. Fire Emblem Fates: I need a new Fire Emblem game in my life, and Fates looks great.

6. Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam: Mario and Luigi X Paper Mario? Yes please.

7. No Man's Sky: This game has been hyped up so much that I can't help but join the train.

8. Gravity Rush: Remastered: I never had a Vita but Gravity Rush caught my eye as soon as I heard about it. Can't wait to try it!

9. Kingdom Hearts II.8: I loved KH3D so replaying it will be lots of fun. Plus I can't wait to get our first glimpse into KH III!

10. Persona 5: I've never played a Persona game before, but I can't help but be intrigued by the countless number of raving fans.

1. Zelda Wii U
2. Mass Effect Andromeda
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Persona 5
5. Final Fantasy XV
6. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
7. The Witness
8. NieR Automata
9. The Last Guardian
10. No Man's Sky

(Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0)

J 0 E