• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Top 50 Nintendo Games of All Time (2016 Edition)

Better controls
Doesn't fuck up your neck and wrists
Fire Temple chanting
Red blood
Cool glitches

3DS controls are great. The c-stick in MM3D makes for even better camera rotation
Sounds like something's wrong with your neck and wrists
Most n64 cartridges don't even have the chanting and red blood
It's not like the 3ds version doesn't have cool glitches

Edit: Don't wanna derail the thread but you get the idea so I'm stopping here. I could understand the argument about 3DS having shit ergonomics, likewise I thought the n64 had a shit controller but I still got by. If anyone wants to talk further about it we can take it to PMs

1. Super Metroid - unparalleled ambiance and aesthetics to this day, plus stellar level design. It's just a joy to play.

2. Super Mario Bros. 3 - sort of set the standard for platformers with tight controls, variety of levels and different play style options via suits, and it looks neat. Great music as well.

3. Earthbound - an RPG with heart and charm that turned the genre on its ear. I play this thing once every two years and it hasn't gotten old yet.

4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - I debated whether I should put OoT here since I think that one did more for the genre, but ALttP is so fluid and quick and perfected the formula so much that I put it here instead.

5. Super Mario 64 - nailed 3D platforming right out of the gate and set the bar impossibly high. There were dozens of 3D mascot platformers that followed but none really captured the precision and joy that SM64 had right out of the gate.

6. Super Mario Kart - it did something original with the racing game genre and brought in a massive audience that otherwise would've turned a deaf ear.

7. Ocarina of Time - introduced z targeting and created a 3D combat system that's been influential on just about every 3D action game since. Also that soundtrack.

8. Wii Sports - my "meh" pick as far as longevity, but it ushered in such a massive group of players and set the standard for motion controls that I can't ignore it. It also sold a butt ton of copies.

9. Donkey Kong - simple, addictive, and groundbreaking, this might be the single most important video game ever made because of what it did for the industry and Nintendo as a while.

10. Mario Paint - using the 10 spot to give this game some love since it gave me hours upon hours of fun as a kid and helped me to think creatively. Such a great idea, it's a shame we haven't gotten another major first-party art title.

Edit: I wish I could've given points to other titles like Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, and Star Fox 64. Such a hard task to whittle this down to 10.

Jims

1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask ; In my opinion, it's the most interesting game Nintendo has ever released. The concept of a Groundhog Day loop is not completely original, obviously, but Nintendo managed to adapt the idea to a video game, while avoiding potential gameplay and pacing problems. What they got was a world you can truly experiment with, characters with actual depth, and some of the most beautiful and haunting imagery in the series.
2. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door ; Some people hate its verbosity but I think this is the best written script Nintendo has ever done. It may as well been written by classic Simpsons writers, that's how funny it is. The scenario design is also fantastic, with each section challenging the concept of what a chapter of an RPG should look like. In addition, it expands upon the original game's battle system, hitting that sweet spot of passive and methodical RPG mechanics and real-time action fun.
3. Splatoon ; This is the game that I had never realized I wanted. I generally dislike playing shooters, mostly because of the violence and gore, but also because the movement and cover systems feel dry and limiting. Splatoon's ink-swimming mechanic is one of the most elegant and beautiful solutions I have ever seen in a video game. It allows creativity in movement and complex mindgames that I often see in fighting games. Among a sea of sequels and spinoffs, games like Splatoon are the reason why Nintendo is still a fun company to watch.
4. Xenoblade Chronicles ; Rivals the original Legend of Zelda (at least back in its day) in terms of discovery and sense of wonder. There's always something new to explore, always some tucked-away corner of the map that you missed. Even the villages and towns are designed in a way to look both iconic and still be interesting to navigate.
5. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn ; This is arguably the game where the series got too full of itself and they had to rein it back, but I love doing stunts in this game. It's constantly daring you to attempt optional out-of-the-way challenges, and the developers put in special dialogue for these special situations. With the ability to battle save, this game feels more sandbox-y where you can play it completely straight and traditional, or you can use it to experiment and try weird stuff out.
6. Super Mario Galaxy ; Very fun, great level designs, awesome soundtrack. One of those games where you can really tell how much the developer was enjoying designing each course. So much imagination in this game.
7. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island ; I like the juxtaposition of the crayon-colored aesthetics with some of its hard-as-nails platforming moments. I also like how weird and surreal it gets sometimes. I hate Baby Mario, but he's a necessary evil for this game.
8. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past ; Just a classic. Feels like the perfect expression of top-down Zelda to me.
9. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U ; It hurts my brain a little, thinking about how many characters they ended up cramming into this game. Let alone, trying to balance all of them. Bringing in iconic third-party characters like Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Ryu, and Cloud, this really feels like a gaming event, in a weird way.
10. Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars ; Another example of clever writing and amusing characters carrying the day. I think the battle system has been overshadowed by a lot of later stuff, but it still works as a good framework for re-visiting a lot of those oddball characters and weird situations. Seriously, what were the writers on where they were coming up with the whole Booster Tower section of this game?

That was fun to do. Thanks for running this!

1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
2. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Metroid Prime
5. Pikmin 2
6. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
7. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
8. Super Smash Bros Melee
9. Kirby Superstar Ultra
10. Kid Icarus Uprising

The-Legend-of-Zelda-Majoras-Mask-Remake-3DS.jpg

1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask ; Not only did Majora's Mask have the near impossible task of following up to Ocarina of Time, but it was released near the end of the Nintendo 64 lifecycle when most consumers were looking towards the next generation of systems. Despite all the forces against it, Nintendo somehow managed to pull off one of the most unique and engaging games of all time by doing something completely different than its predecessor. Majora's Mask creates a setting that is so dark and so fascinating it's hard to not get sucked in emotionally. Watching the people of Termina is both mesmerizing and depressing as you watch them all react to their impending demise as the world is crashing in around them. The blend of amazing Zelda style gameplay paired with tremendous side characters, stories, and quests creates one of the most amazing game experiences of all time. No game has ever replicated what was achieved in Majora's Mask and not only does it stand as the greatest Nintendo game of all time, but likely THE greatest game of all time. It simply cannot be overlooked.

2. Pokemon Gold / Silver / Crystal ; It's hard to narrow down a specific entry within the Pokemon series as "the best" as the most recent iteration has always perfected many nuances and mistakes from previous generations. However Generation 2 on Game Boy Color is in my opinion the point where Nintendo had shown that Pokemon was not just a one hit wonder, it was a powerhouse to come. With 251 monsters, two regions to explore, backwards compatibility, and completely revamped graphics/animations ALL WITH COLOR was completely mind blowing back in the day. Yes the game has its issues, but to me Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal managed to capture what made the originals so great but also put in the stepping stones for what the series would become and how complex this "kids" game really was. From breeding, to genders, to shinies, there was a lot of thought and craft put into these games. It's also just fun as hell in the most simple way possible.

3. Super Mario World ; The Mario series exists in two forms, one being 2D and the other in 3D. While there are similarities among them, I believe it's difficult to compare them directly due to the constraints or limitations between each games movement and gameplay style. However as a collective if I had to pick one Mario title to play for the rest of my life, Super Mario World would be it. Learning from its NES predecessors, Super Mario World exploded onto the Super Nintendo day one with everything that made the original trilogy so great with its own flare and fun. A ridiculous amount of levels remains constantly fun through setting variety, unique gameplay situations (lava runs, flying levels, balloons, etc.) and fun characters (Yoshi!) and enemies (Koopa Kids!). It's run and jump gaming at its most pure and fun form. I still discover secrets now and again when playing nearly 30 years later.

4. Banjo-Kazooie ; Oddly this in my opinion is the greatest 3D Mario game ever created. Despite the unique attributes of the game, a lot of what Banjo-Kazooie does so well at can clearly be traced back to what was first introduced in Super Mario 64. But that's the beauty of Banjo-Kazooie as despite Super Mario 64's amazing gameplay, it had its flaws, and Banjo-Kazooie created an overall better experience. The comedy, the characters, the bright surroundings, the tight and varied controls all make this game an absolute memorable experience. While the series has lost its way over the years, Banjo-Kazooie kept itself simple in the original entry and did not get bogged down by multiplayer and overly complex level design (Tooie) or gimmicky gameplay (Nuts and Bolts). A lot of games from the Nintendo 64 have not been able to stand the test of time, but this game absolutely has.

5. Conker's Bad Fur Day ; Does this game count? I sure as hell hope so. This game was so controversial for Nintendo that they didn't even publish it in fear of what it would due to their image. Similarly to what was done in Majora's Mask, Conker's Bad Fur Day is a game that really has never been replicated over the years. Sure it's a platformer, but it's also a lot more than that. Third person shooter, self aware satire, cultural influences to gameplay, dirty toilet humor, and shockingly great multiplayer. Conker's Bad Fur Day was the best example to show how truly varied Rare was at game creation in that they had the balls to create the anti-thesis to a platform title in an age where we were drowning in them and still pull off one of the greatest games ever made. This game is a fucking ride from the moment it starts.

6. Animal Crossing ; Another series that is hard to pinpoint an entry given that odds are the most recent entry is likely the best given its tweaks to the formula, but I'm a sucker for originals. Animal Crossing on the original GameCube was such an odd experience when I first played it. It was hard to explain what made it so fascinating and fun. I told friends you live in a town and run errands, collect things, and build your house. That's really all there is to it. Yet its somehow extremely addicting. And relaxing. I have so many memories as a teenager strolling through my town in the middle of the night and just listening to the calming music and interacting with the animals who for whatever reason were still outside and not sleeping. It's a calming game with no set objective, just simple fun. While I would recommend Wild World or New Leaf to any new entrant to the series, I have to give props to Nintendo for what they were able to accomplish on the original home console version.

7. Super Smash Bros. Melee ; What's there to say really about this game that probably hasn't already been said by everyone? The sheer amount of content of this game is mind-blowing at the time and is the best example of how rich and deep Nintendo's history and catalogue of characters and stories really is. Part of the beauty of this game was the release when the internet was still in its infancy. Character leaks really didn't exist, and the roster, levels, trophies and items was astonishing as a kid who had never been exposed to a lot of Nintendo's archives at the time. Local multiplayer has sadly started dying off over the years, but there's something about Super Smash Bros. Melee that has the ability to bring a room together. So damn fun.

8. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening ; To me the best Zelda games are the ones that don't follow the same familiar formula that was put in place by A Link to the Past, and a lot fall into the trap in trying to replicate. Majora's Mask does it the best, but Link's Awakening is a close second. There's no Ganon. No Zelda. Really, no familiar faces at all. You find yourself in a bizarre world that is overrun with monsters and needs a hero to delve into what really is behind this crazy setting. The dream state environment and emotional story is absolutely shocking given the primitive hardware that this game was released on. It's 2D Zelda at the top of its game and blows away action/adventure games that are released even to this day. I wish the Zelda team would take more inspirations from this title, but sadly it's often overlooked throughout the history of the series.

9. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door ; It's so depressing to see that Nintendo and Intelligent Systems have been floundering with the Paper Mario series over the years given this entry is by far one of the greatest RPG's of all time. The gameplay is simple which can be a turnover to some more hardcore RPG fanatics, but the atmosphere, visuals, music, and story telling are some of the best in the genre. Mario & Luigi series is fun, but what is great about Paper Mario is the variety in characters that can be implanted into your party and how they impact the overall landscape of the game. Every character in this game both playable and non-playable is interesting and fun to talk to which is madness given the level of characters scattered throughout the land. One day I hope we get a true successor to this title.

10. Mario Golf: Advance Tour ; I'm probably an odd one out on this title, but there's something about Nintendo golf games that create an experience like any other sporting title. The mix of RPG elements and arcade style gaming is Advance Tour make it by far one of the best portable experiences out there. The unique Camelot characters are a bit odd, but building their stats and importing them into the GameCube version gives even more content to this already overloaded title. This game probably spent the most amount of time loaded into my Game Boy Micro and saved me a lot of headaches as played in secrecy at my desk in high school. The recent 3DS title was a dud, wish they could come back to their roots with this one.

Honorable Mentions

xx. Super Mario 64
xx. Pokemon X/Y
xx. Super Mario Galaxy
xx. New Super Mario Bros. U
xx. Kirby's Air Ride
xx. Mario Kart 64
xx. Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
xx. Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land
xx. Kirby's Dreamcourse
xx. Kirby's Pinball
xx. Pokemon Pinball R/S
xx. Metroid Pinball
xx. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

ISo to the people that put OOT as number one I would probably ask if they've played the remake and what they think of it compared to the original. Having played both I would've gone for the remake no question.
I consider the 3DS version the definitive version, love it, no turning back.
Granted PAL region over here so even on the N64 we had green blood and the second fire temple theme so those aren't 3DS exclusive changes.

Palmer27

1) Metroid Prime; easily the greatest achievement on this list.
2) Bayonetta 2; pure joy from start to finish.
3) Super Mario Galaxy; a modern classic polished to a near sheen.
4) The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds; streamlined so well that it's my favourite zelda, distilling all of the best elements - the original Zelda aged poorly and the freedom there was lost to me.
5) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time; no comment.
6) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask; feels like an OOT mod directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki.
7) Super Mario Galaxy 2; more, somehow less, but still so much. This makes a lot of sense.
8) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess; surpasses Ocarina of time in all ways with brilliant set-pieces but still manages to be overshadowed by it. Padding's an issue :(
9) Super Smash Bros. Brawl; from a casual perspective the most engrossing smash for me.
10) Star Fox 64; classic that's downright ridiculous but works too well.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: I felt really imersive for the first time in a videogame. This wasn't no normal game. This was love.
2. Metroid Prime: there's a few games that mix gameplay with lore. Metroid Prime is one of a kind
3. Super Metroid: just because can't beat Prime.
4. Yoshi Island: this game is art in every single data
5. Super Mario World: still holds up
6. Star Fox 64: all range mode
7. Mario Kart 64: playing in 20fps wasn't that bad for this game
8. Donkey Kong Country 3: 105%? I did and I'll do it again
9. Wario Ware Touched: first game played for DS and holy shit, love at first sight
10. Pokémon G/S/C: I don't have enough words for this game. It's the perfect sequel

PaulBizkit

1. Super Mario RPG
2. Donkey Kong Country 2
3. Pokemon Gold
4. Kirby Super Star
5. Yoshi's Island
6. Star Fox 64
7. Luigi's Mansion
8. F-Zero X
9. Super Mario World
10. Super Metroid

I grew up on the snes, btw. And never liked the zelda games, they are all the same. Which sucks because in all the nintendo rankings, ocarina always take the first place.

Vexxan

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
3. Super Mario 64
4. Super Smash Bros. Melee
5. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
6. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
7. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
8. Mario Kart 8
9. Pokémon Yellow
10. Animal Crossing New Leaf

higemaru

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee
2. Earthbound
3. Hotel Dusk: Room 215
4. Perfect Dark
5. Fire Emblem 7
6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
7. Super Mario World
8. Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
9. Pokemon Gold/Silver
10. F-Zero X

Dalauz

1. Super Mario Bros (NES)
2. Excite Bike (NES)
3. Super Metroid
4. Super Mario 64
5. Metroid Prime
6. Mario Galaxy (Wii)
7. Zelda Ocarina of Time
8. Ice Climber (NES)
9. Zelda Majora Mask
10. Super Mario World (SNES)

Zia

1) Tetris
2) The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
3) Super Mario Galaxy
4) Mario Kart 8
5) Bayonetta 2
6) Super Mario 64
7) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
8) Splatoon
9) Super Mario World
10)The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

AzaK

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time; This was the first Zelda I played and was so well crafted at the time I had never experienced anything like it.
2. Super Mario Sunshine; People crap on this game but I spent so much time in this world, having so much fun it just has to be up near the top
3. Metroid Prime; Nothing does atmosphere like Metroid
4. Super Mario 64
5. Metroid Prime 3 : Corruption; Best title screen music ever created
6. Mario Kart 64
7. Wii Sports; it gave me some great time with my otherwise non-gaming family
8. Tetris
9. Goldeneye 007
10. Starfox Adventures

KahooTs

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Mario Kart 8
3. Super Mario Kart
4. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
5. Golden Eye 64
6. Super Mario 64
7. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
8. Super Mario Bros. 3
9. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
10. Mario Kart: Double Dash‼

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time; deserved the top spot even only for the significance it was(and still is) to gaming.
2. Earthbound/Mother 2; One of the strangest games I've played. And one of the best.
3. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance; My favorite FE game with RD as a complete story, despite the slogging Dawn Brigade part. Grand story, lively cast, exceptional gameplay and great music.
4. Xenoblade Chronicle; meticulously imagined world, breathtaking views and amazing exploration. Well paced, likable cast with pretty good story. The Best JRPG of the last generation with GOTY soundtrack.
5. Mother 3
6. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
7. Metroid Prime
9. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
10. The last story; yes I am putting TLS on top ten instead of every Mario ever, fight me! I love the visual, the town, the setting and the strategic gamplay. Despite its many flaws, I enjoyed playing the game from start to finish. Also, great soundtrack.

xTetris is cheating!!

Honourable mentions

Mario Galaxy 1/2
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
Baten Kaitos/Origin

(United States)

1. Metroid Prime (GCN) ; The peak of the Metroidvania genre. A lovingly crafted world with excellent powerups and just an all-around fantastic game - my favorite game of all time.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D ; The update to an already amazing game. The best Zelda game there is, with atmosphere and lovingly-told story to spare.
3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask ; So good as to justify being on this list in its original form as well.
4. Super Smash Bros. Melee ; The epitome of what a fighting game should be - fun single player, amazing multiplayer, insane bonuses, and gameplay that is easy to understand but incredibly seep for the hardcore players.
5. MOTHER 3 ; Strange, funny, heartwarming. A lovingly told story with wonderful characters and innovative gameplay. Made me cry a lot, too.
6. Pokemon Platinum Version ; The best of the best of the Pokemon versions, featuring a great roster of Pokemon, a fun region, and a good story to run through. Barry is still one of the most underrated rivals.
7. Pikmin ; The best of the series, though all three are excellent. Fantastic RTS games, to this date the only ones I have really enjoyed, with some of the most interesting locations and enemies in video games.
8. Kirby Triple Deluxe ; The best of the best of Kirby games. Combines the gameplay introduced in Super Star with tighter level design and the lore focus that Return to Dream Land brought us.
9. Super Paper Mario ; Who knew that the Mario franchise could get so dark and brooding, with a legitimately great story? While the gameplay is subpar to TTYD, the lack of boring chapters combined with the better story pushes this over the top for me.
10. Pokemon Black/White Version ; So close to taking the top Pokemon spot, by virtue of its story alone. Bianca and Cheren are by far the best rivals in the series, and N ranks among the best of the antagonists. Combine this with some of the best gameplay in the series (exp sharing hit its stride here!) and you have a stellar Pokemon game to be sure.

Honorable mentions, in no particular order:
-Rhythm Heaven Fever
-Rhythm Heaven Megamix
-The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
-Kirby Super Star Ultra
-Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
-Mario Kart 8
-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
-Super Mario 64
-Pokemon Snap

ST2K

1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask ; The best Zelda game every made and one of my favorite games of all time. Unlike many games, this one has gotten better as I've aged.
2. Pokemon Blue ; This started it all and introduced the mechanics that would be refined over the years. It's a fantastic and imaginative game.
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time ; Unlike Majora's Mask, this has aged more poorly with time. However, it still set a standard for an era and is one of the best adventure games ever made.
4. Super Smash Bros. Melee ; The greatest multiplayer game of all time. It made the fighting game genre acceptable without compromising any of the depth.
5. Super Mario 64 ; This game is a fantastic platformer and the movement has never felt better. The sandbox level design is exemplerary.
6. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance ; The start of a two-part series, this game is Fire Emblem at its most pure and best.
7. Paper Mario ; Nintendo made their own SMRPG and it was really good. I'm giving the nod to it over TTYD because of it being first and just as quality.
8. Star Fox 64 ; A fantastic rail shooter with a fun multiplayer mode. It's so good that Nintendo still hasn't matched it, despite several attempts.
9. Fire Emblem 7 ; The first Fire Emblem in the West, FE7 is a great introduction to the series with memorable characters and a solid story.
10. Super Mario World ; The best 2D Mario platformer. It starts great and never stops until the credits roll.

Suzzopher

1. Super Mario World
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Super Mario 64
4. Super Metroid
5. Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door
6. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
7. Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones
8. F-Zero GX
9. Xenoblade Chronicles
10. Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Super Metroid
3. Super Mario World
4. Bayonetta 2
5. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker EDIT HD version if that is important
6. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
7. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
8. Advance Wars
9. Super Smash Bros. For Wii U
10. Banjo Kazooie

Type_Raver

1. Super Mario 64
- First time in a truly 3d world and a new way to play games.

2. Donkey Kong Country
- The first out of the original trilogy, mainly because of the more serious tone and mood of the overall game. Others became too jolly with their bonus stage music and side games.

3. Super Mario Bros 3
- Arguably the best 2d platformer, mindblower back in its day. They even made a movie around it!

4. Yoshis Island
- One of the swan songs for the snes with create art styles that werent too kiddy, coupled with fantastic boss battles with one of the best all time final boss stages. And really rewarding feeling for collecting 100% to unlock levels.

5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- From the charm of Kokiri Forest, vastness of Hyrule field played through 2 generations of link, young and old.

6. Super Mario Galaxy
- One of the more modern marios, but one id class as a worthy successor of Mario 64.

7. Donkey Kong Country 2
- Widely recognised as one of the best, with more variety that the original, continuing the trend of beautiful graphics and music.

8. F-Zero X
- Fast paced gameplay, rocking midi music (and even better soundtrack released later) and a great feel in handling and speed. Sega's might look pretty but this one plays better. Another franchise longing for a next gen sequel

9. Super Mario Land
- Classic mario platforming in an alternatively dressed world with interesting themes, enemies and worlds to traverse. Love to see this re-enter in its own 3d adventure - gamexplain has a cool video on this too.

10. Metroid Prime
- First entry into the 3d world as an FPS/Adventure game. Benchmark in metroid and adventure first person games, with fans thirsting for a successor worthy on the next gen system.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: The first 3D installment in the critically acclaimed and insanely popular The Legend of Zelda series is quite possibly the best game ever. What makes this game remarkable is how perfect they made a 3D Zelda on its first try. The combat, sidequests, controls, dungeon design and even story were all the best in the series up until that point and in some aspects still haven't been topped to this day. What little flaws there were in the original N64 release were fixed in a remake/port on the Nintendo 3DS. Even a newbie almost 20 years after this game released will have an amazing experience with this game.

2. Super Metroid: Super Metroid is still the best Metroid game to date and the best Metroidvania of all time. It's easy to spend hours getting lost in it's dark but ambient world hunting down missile packs and energy tanks or finding your way to the next boss. Not to mention this is one of the best looking games on the SNES with amazingly detailed spritework and animation. Still the pinnacle of the series to date.

3. Super Mario 64: If there's one game everyone should play besides the original Super Mario Bros, it's Super Mario 64. This game is made for anyone to get into its 3D World of moving 360 degrees. From the safe area of Peach's Castle to learn all of Mario's new moves to it's action stages ever increasing in difficulty and complexity to it's numerous and fun secret levels, this game made something as complex in 1996 as platforming in 3D into a no brainer. Mario 64 had a structure that would be copied for over a decade and mechanics that are still used to this day. It's also a damn good game at that.

4. Kid Icarus Uprising: Nintendo games were never known for their high quality production values ensuing story and graphics for engaging and interesting game play. And while Uprising does have good gameplay what really makes this game stand out is its amazing level of production value. The graphics are the best the 3DS has to offer. The music is nothing short of incredible. The voice acting? Whatever voice acting has been done in past Nintendo games tends to fall apart fast. Kid Icarus Uprising though has some of the most entertaining voice performances in any game ever. Each character is packed with so much charm and charisma that it will be impossible to pick a favorite. And that's not getting into the obscene amount of content and tremendous replay value. What ever black magic Sakurai and his team did to make this game, he made it into one of the best Nintendo games on par with 20 year old landmark titles.

5. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U: Look you could put any game in the series and still get the same effect. Nintendo and Masahiro Sakurai's weird crossover fighter that plays just unlike any other game in its genre has become a juggernaut below Mario and Pokemon in terms of popularity. I chose the latest two games which for all intents and purposes are the same game just on radically different hardware. This is Super Smash Bros. at its best. It plays the best, looks the best and has the best roster of characters ever. You could make Cloud fight Pac Man for crying out loud. Much like the previous entry there's a lot to do between the two versions both solo and with buddies. I still as an adult get buddies together to duke it out as our favorite childhood icons.

6. Super Mario Bros. 3

7. Tetris

8. Splatoon

9. Mario Kart Double Dash

10. Animal Crossing New Leaf

1. Mario Kart 8 - Sublime sounds, visuals, polish and controls. It will be next to impossible for Nintendo to top this one in the series.
2. Super Mario World - Best 2D platformer ever. Never gets old.
3. Pokemon Leaf Green - Pokemon Red/Green refined with my favorite Balbasaur in the cover.
4. Wii Sports Resort - The introduction of Wii Motion Plus made a lot of difference!
5. Splatoon - Nintendo showing the world how shooters should be made. Never a dull moment.
6. Pikmin 3 - One beautiful game.
7. Kid Icarus: Uprising - Best handheld game since Astroboy: Omega Factor.
8. Nintendo Land - Asynchronous gaming masterpiece.
9. Animal Crossing: Wild World - Unforgettable.
10. Star Fox Zero - Miyamoto's most hardcore effort yet that only a few gamers could understand.

Honorable Mentions:
11. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
12. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
13. Hyrule Warriors
14. Xenoblade Chronicles X
15. Pilot Wings Resort
16. Nintendogs

Ikon

1. Super Mario World ; Serious contender for best game of all time. The ingenuity in the level design on display here is second to none. Also the game play was freaking perfect and the graphics and music just fit everything going on so damn well. Also, Yoshi.

2. Metroid Prime ; Another, only slightly weaker, contender for that GOAT title. I was a huge Super Metroid fan but the experience that Retro managed to craft here is unbelievable! That world is wonderful to explore and the integration of the lore works flawlessly.

3. Super Metroid ; These days it seems like Metroidvanias are really popular, especially among indie devs. Before all of that though this game nailed the most important parts of that entire genre; atmosphere and exploration. Thinking about it now I really don't think the -vania part added much of value...

4. Super Mario Kart ; To this day the best racing experience I've ever had. Deceitfully cheerful graphics and music can't hide the fact that this game is borderline evil. 150CC Rainbow Road was and remains a real challenge and one that I gladly go back to quite regularly because it's so much fun.

5. Bayonetta 2 ; Not quite Nintendo in my mind but since it counts and is freaking amazing I'm putting it on my list anyway. Bayonetta 1 was one of my all time favorite games when it first released and while I'm still not sure which one is better Bayonetta 2 certainly puts up a fight for the crown. The combat in these games is simply unmatched for me.

6. Super Mario Galaxy ; I was late to the party with Galaxy. I never really clicked with 64/Sunshine so I was a bit skeptic going in. This game proved to be the first in the series since World that has that incredible variety to the levels and it just keeps throwing wonders at you.

7. Mario Kart 8 ; For a long time I wanted to have three Mario Karts on this list and the fact that this game managed to beat Double Dash!! for a spot on my list would be a shock to anyone who knows me. There are only two things I can fault this game with: lack of character specific items and blue shells (which are in both games). Everything else is all I could ever have hoped for. Game looks absolutely gorgeous to boot.

8. The Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past ; I'm not the biggest fan of the Zelda games rehashing the same game with nearly every game but despite that it's really hard to ignore aLttP's countless qualities. It's just such a joy to explore this version of Hyrule and acquire all its items.

9. Super Smash Bros Melee ; Possibly the Nintendo game I spent the most amount of time with (it's this or Double Dash!!). An insane amount of hours were "wasted" fighting my friends. I'm still a bit sad no one else ever wanted to have items turned on but it was amazing fun anyway.

10. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance ; My first Fire Emblem and still my favorite one. The cast is great and their adventure is exactly as grand as it should be. Perhaps a bit on the easy side after a couple of the other games but that doesn't take away from the story in any meaningful way.

Honorable mentions:
x. Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
x. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
x. The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
x. Kid Icarus: Uprising
x. Fire Emblem: Awakening

Games I still haven't played:
u. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
u. Metroid Prime 2/3
u. Super Mario Galaxy 2
u. Mother/Earthbound
u. Tokyo Mirage Sessions
u. Fire Emblem Fates

randomkid

1. tetris attack; if this isn't your number one you are probably a dull person
2. warioware; games are art, lol
3. yoshi's island; this is the best platform game there is. hookbill koopa.
4. wind waker; the boundless ocean, the little prince and the eight-headed dragon.
5. super mario rpg; lovedelic
6. earthbound; i played this last year for the first time along with mother 1 so these ranks are still settling. both were incredible.
7. mario galaxy; koizumi is nintendo's greatest talent
8. kirby superstar; we played so much samurai kirby
9. rhythm heaven; the tension of chasing perfects
10. chibi robo; an action-adventure game about cleaning and divorce

would have liked to squeeze in majora, eba and punchout at the bottom but these are absolutely the cream of the crop. the games i haven't played yet that could have cracked this list are mother 3, advance wars, rhythm tengoku gba, sin and punishment wii, captain rainbow, giftpia

FTF

1. Super Metroid
2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
3. Super Mario 64
4. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
5. Super Mario World
6. Super Mario Bros. 3
7. Donkey Kong Country
8. Super Punch-Out!!
9. Metroid Prime
10. Super Mario Galaxy

Some of my favorite games of all time right there...actually let me do 11-20...

11. Super Mario Bros.
12. Punch-Out!!
13. The Legend of Zelda
14. Super Mario Kart
15. Super Mario RPG
16. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
17. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
18. Super Mario Galaxy 2
19. Star Fox
20. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Shit, I forgot handheld games lol. Maybe I'll come back and add/revise the list.

This is going to be an interesting list. I've flirted with various Nintendo machines over my 22 odd years playing games, owned various consoles but they have mostly collected dust. But over the last few years i've become enamoured with Nintendo games. So my list might be more skewed towards later releases. There are obvious gaps in my list. Like, i love Metroidvania games, but never played a Metroid or Castlevania game, and never touched a Pokemon game thinking on it either.

So here goes!

1.) Pikmin 3 Wii u
A masterclass. Exemplary gameplay, design, visuals, sound, everything. But what really drew me into the game was the three leads and this philosophy of scientific exploration. I had just read Captain Scott's diary before playing this and this made Pikmin 3 really resonate with me. The playful nature of the character logs, notes and fruit naming really struck a chord with me. The inter-crew relationships i thought were well done.

As a whole package, this is my Favourite Nintendo game.

2.) Luigi Mansion 2: Dark Moon 3DS
Perhaps the most tactile game i have ever played. Every object reacts to your hoover, wallpaper hangs of walls itching to be ripped off, fans spin tantalising above, draws begged to be opened, every inch of the game world demands to be experimented with and explored. This is all built upon a solid, and enjoyable gameplay foundation.

3.) Legend of Zelda: A link Between Worlds 3DS
I have played most Zelda's, but i think ALBW truly represents everything that is great with the series. The weird thing is..i always outright preferred the 3D zelda compared to it's 2D counterparts, so this surprised me a lot. ALBW truly modernises the older Zelda's and brings the great formula to a new generation, whilst shaking things up enough for older fans. Inventive, vibrant and fun.

4.) Donkey Kong Country Snes
Still for me the best platformer of all time. That may be down for nostalgic reasons rather than technical, but this game holds a dear place in my heart. It was the first Home Console game i owned. It came as a bundle that arrived on Christmas day , 1994 i think. A day later i also received Super Mario World from my nan, but it was this that grabbed my attention.

It still holds up today, i still play it from time to time. It is so vibrant, fun, sprightly. Full of secrets, i used to canvas every inch of this game searching for them. These days i can be barely arsed to that. The animal power up's were the most blind blowing thing as a 8/9 year old.

Best ambient music /ambiance in a game to this day.

5.) Mario Kart 8 Wii U
This game. The Music!

It still out stands me how good this game is. Built upon MK7's successful new mechanics, MK8 adds a new twist, Anti gravity! Graphics that truly brings everything to life exemplifying the rollercoaster ride that the the new gameplay mechanic offers. They also give the Mario universe a new lease of life. Well designed tracks, re-designed classics, with possibly the best OST in any game, and you have this corker of a game.

Also a thumbs up for the best valued DLC in a game to this date.

6.) Super Mario 3D World Wii U
I was umming and arring whether to choose this or Galaxy. Hate to say it but i never got round to playing Galaxy 2. I chose this because of it's inventiveness. There is something new around every corner, it just a massive playground full of ideas. Perhaps it is a little too easy, but it is refreshing, fun, and playful.

7.) Super Mario World Snes
It was sometime before i picked this game up and gave it the attention it deserves after being addicted to Donkey Kong Country. Like DKC it is still fun as ever to play now as it was then. Lovely art style, sharp and precise platforming, full of secrets, and a game that i spent hours talking about in the playground with my friends.

8) Captain Toad Treasure Tracker Wii U
Yup. You read it right. Love this game. A nice change of pace compared to what modern gaming offers. Relaxing. As some of the most eye pleasing graphics and art direction in game to this day. Again, these words come up, it is fun, inventive and playful. It is a platform game without the jump button, and a very good one at that. Concise and well thought out.

9) Tetris Gameboy
The hours i logged in this game as a kid must be well in the thousands. JUST ONE MORE GO!

10) Super Mario Land Gameboy
In heavy rotation with above ( and The Humans). My first games and thats all i needed for a good while. Short and sweet, and difficult for a wee boy. Just accidentally stumbling on secrets (like hitting an invisible blocks) was enough to grip me for years. Also i would play this just to play the submarine levels. Back of the car escapism.

So what i need now is a Nintendo Legacy console to replay lost memories, but get to play games i missed out on.

cireza

Here is my list :

1. Zelda II
2. Metroid Fusion
3. Bayonetta 2
4. Metroid Prime 2
5. Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
6. Mario World
7. Mario Kart Double Dash
8. Kirby Super Star Ultra
9. Zelda Wind Waker HD
10. Splatoon

Glass Joe

1. Super Metroid (SNES)
2. Super Mario Bros. (NES)
3. Punch-Out!! (NES)
4. F-Zero GX (Gamecube)
5. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
6. Splatoon (Wii U)
7. Metroid Prime (Gamecube)
8. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
9. Star Fox (SNES)
10. Pikmin 3 (Wii U)

Azure J

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2; In time, discussions about this game versus its predecessor could become the "next gen" Super Mario Bros. 3 vs. Super Mario World.
SMB3 forever.
This game takes the sublime highs of the previous Galaxy's level design and aesthetic and says "that's level 1 for us now."

2. Super Smash Bros. Melee; This is one of those picks that is eternally hard to make in the context of picking one game out of a great franchise. Melee is a timeless game that manages to proudly straddle the line of appealing to youthful imagination while delivering a frantic and interesting bit of game play.

3. Splatoon; An absolutely bold and dramatic departure from conventions that Nintendo seemingly found themselves lost in. Amazing aesthetic and presentation hooks, a truly satisfying set of "obvious" gameplay ideas informed by said visual design, the most endearing "player edit" characters in some time and a great soundtrack all come together to make this a highlight of the modern Nintendo era.

Stay fresh y'all.

4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past - I was torn between picking a Zelda I personally loved but can see objectively as flawed versus this one wherein pacing, content and general structure are all sound.

5. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: Density. This game truly embodies every sense of this word. From the elaborate labryinthine design to the depiction of a hostile environment to the tension

6. Star Fox 64

7. Mario Kart 8

8. Super Mario 64

9. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

10. Kirby Canvas Curse; I still believe this to be among the first true killer apps for the fledgling DS system, delivering a hyper unique and novel game with the traditional Kirby dressings.

Honorable Mentions

Super Mario Bros. 3; No matter what, it's impossible for this game to not show up on these lists. Infinitely creative, music that has been an earworm for more than 25 years, the birth of a number of series staples in iconography and powerups and the hammer suit.

The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker

Sin & Punishment: Star Successor

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat; One of the most unique experiences (especially with bongos) within the platformer genre that blended arcade attack style gameplay with rhythm game mechanics to give birth to something that felt like controlling a finely slicked beheamoth full of mass and momentum. Furthermore, Donkey Kong as a character has never moved better before or since.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance; A rich SRPG experience with some surprisingly strong writing and a fun set of characters and the first taste of the series for most of the world at the time.

1. Paper Mario
2. Pokémon Emerald
3. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
5. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
6. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
7. Fire Emblem: Awakening
8. Banjo-Kazooie
9. Super Mario 64
10. Star Fox 64

Other notable games that I'm sorry didn't make my list:
Xenoblade
Luigi's Mansion
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games

Neiteio

I can't support this poll if we're separating the OoT/MM votes from their 3DS remakes

I prefer the 3DS versions by far, but counting them separately just splits the vote for what is essentially the same core experience.

GamerJM

Banned
I can't support this poll if we're separating the OoT/MM votes from their 3DS remakes

I prefer the 3DS versions by far, but counting them separately just splits the vote for what is essentially the same core experience.

Yeah I think splitting remakes/ports is a really poor decision, unless it's a remake that really changes a lot like G/S/C->HG/SS. OoT 3D is just ultimately the same game but better. I think it's fantastic but it's like specifying the Blu-Ray remaster of a movie over the VHS version or something.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time ;

The best game I've ever played. Experiencing a world that vast in 3D for the first time, with all of the other innovations that came along with it, changed everything about how I viewed video games and what their potential was. No game has made a greater lasting impact on me.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask ;

3. Metroid Prime ;

4. Super Mario Galaxy ;

5. Super Mario Galaxy 2 ;

6. Goldeneye 007 ;

7. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds ;

8. Donkey Kong Country Returns ;

9. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes ;

10. Super Smash Bros. Melee ;

1. Pikmin 2 ; Possibly my favorite game of all time. Tons of cool enemies and bosses, multiple encyclopedia for enemeis and collectibles, collectibles that are fun not just to find but to see what's coming next, tons of exploration, great difficulty, amazing mutliplayer.
2. Metroid Prime ; Absolutly amazing, perfect atmosphere, great controls, mostly great bosses, completly transporting experience.
3. Fire Emblem Awakening ; super addictive, great characters, I absolutly love the team up and relationship mechanics, metric ton of content.
4. The Legend Of Zelda Majora's Mask ; the best Zelda game, possibly the most well realized and living world in games, super creepy, has Tingle.
5. Super Mario 64 ; Revolutionary masterpeice that's fun to just run around in circles willy nilly in.
6. Super Smash Bros for Wii U ; Absolutley massive roster, tons of content, loads of unlockables, fun online, wish stages were a bit better, would probably put higher up if I didn't think it was a gimme for a spot on the list anyways.
7. Super Smash Bros. Melee ; Same as above, comparative to the time of release. My most played game of all time.
8. Game & Watch Gallery 3 ; I want to give all the points to just Egg but this will do.
9. Eternal Darkness: Sanity' Requiem ; Great Gamecube gem unlike anything else Nintendo has put out. Cool story, fun characters, and absolutly terrifying.
10. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars ; First game I ever loved, great characters, great setting, great mechanics, similar to Smash I'd give it more points if I wasn't sure it would make the Top 50 anyways.

jnWake

It's very hard to pick 10 favourites. I could easily make a list of 50 awesome Nintendo games. Either way, here are my 10 picks:

1. Mother 3 ; Probably my favourite game ever. I love the music, love the story, love the characters and the setting. Gameplay is a perfect evolution of the simple RPG elements that Earthbound had. A true masterpiece.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask ; Zelda is one of my favourite franchises and Majora's Mask is IMO the best game on it. The 3 day mechanic and the dark setting make this game a really unique one. Also, the masks are an awesome gameplay element that allow for a lot of variety in ways to play.
3. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U ; Smash is my favourite franchise by far. The simplified take on the fighting genre is simply awesome. I picked the Wii U entry since it has an incredible selection of characters and really fun gameplay.
4. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze ; People don't really appreciate 2D platformers anymore which is a shame. DKCTF has the most polished gameplay in a 2D platformer I can think of. Moving with DK has an incredible sense of momentum that the level design really highlights. Replaying levels endlessly to get perfect times is so much fun!
5. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island ; Another 2D platformer! Very different from DKCTF too. Yoshi's Island has very unique gameplay with the egg throwing and Yoshi's fluterring. Beautiful graphics and fun levels/bosses make this one a classic.
6. Pikmin 3 ; One of the most underrated franchises out there, Pikmin has an awesome mix of strategy and action that is really fun. Pikmin 3 in particular has great graphics, nice level design and, IMO, the best bosses in almost any game out there.
7. EarthBound ; I don't think I can add much to what has been said about Earthbound through the years. One of the weirdest and most touching experiences you'll ever get in a game.
8. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest ; Before DKCTF, DKC2 was regarded by many as the pinnacle of 2D platforming. Even now, DKC2 does many things that no other game has matched. The soundtrack is probably my favourite and the use of animal buddies is truly awesome.
9. Banjo Kazooie ; The Rare-est of games out there. Strange british humour, weird characters, lots of collectibles, fun music and great gameplay. I was addicted to this game as a kid and cherish it a lot.
10. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker ; A bit divisive among Zelda fans, Wind Waker is an amazing experience IMO. The feeling of adventure it holds is almost unmatched and the story is surprinsingly good.

Honorable mentions:

- Super Mario RPG ; Game is more than 20 years old and people still want Geno in Smash. That has to mean something.
- Advance Wars ; Another underrated franchise. Really fun strategy game.
- Paper Mario ; Unique take on the RPG genre. Lovely use of Mario charactes to create a fun and engaging world.
- Blast Corps ; Truly one of the most unique games ever. Piloting weird vehicles to destroy everything was fun as fuck.
- Mario Kart: Double Dash‼ ; Hard to pick one particular MK but I have a lot of nostalgia for this one.
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 ; 3D Mario games are awesome and this one is the best.
- Super Smash Bros. Melee ; Incredible fast paced and technical gameplay make this game insanely fun.
- Fire Emblem 7 ; Favourite FE game. Love the strategy and RPG elements mixed together.
- Kid Icarus: Uprising ; Pure magic here. Awesome gameplay, fun dialogues and a lot of challenge!
- Splatoon ; A truly fresh experience. I was hooked to this last year and hope the franchise grows further.

Neiteio

Yeah I think splitting remakes/ports is a really poor decision, unless it's a remake that really changes a lot like G/S/C->HG/SS. OoT 3D is just ultimately the same game but better. I think it's fantastic but it's like specifying the Blu-Ray remaster of a movie over the VHS version or something.
Agreed. I'll vote if we consolidate the votes. We shouldn't be separating OoT from OoT3D, or MM from MM3D, or TWW from TWWHD, or TP from TPHD.

A vote for one should be a vote for all.

Sadist

Well if it means that much to you guys; I'll let it slide for just the remasters.

Those few votes for just the 3DS/Wii U versions...

Edit: Otakumegane is right regarding Trilogy; it's a collection and won't count.

Neiteio

Well if it means that much to you guys; I'll let it slide for just the remasters.

Those few votes for just the 3DS/Wii U versions...
If you're using a parser, it should be simple enough to just add them together, right? Take the totals for OoT and OoT3D, for example, and just add them together.

Also, a question: How are we considering the Metroid Prime Trilogy?

If you're using a parser, it should be simple enough to just add them together, right? Take the totals for OoT and OoT3D, for example, and just add them together.

Also, a question: How are we considering the Metroid Prime Trilogy?

A trilogy is ultimately a collection, so I think people should just vote for the seperate games inside of it.

Neiteio

Another question: Pokemon XY are considered one and the same, right? Same for Pokemon RBY, Pokemon GSC, Pokemon RSE, etc.

Pokemaniac

Another question: Pokemon XY are considered one and the same, right? Same for Pokemon RBY, Pokemon GSC, Pokemon RSE, etc.

Generally speaking, the Pokemon games that release simultaneously are the ones I'd consider the same game. 3rd versions are generally different enough that I'd consider them distinct.

Gartooth

Got a voting question, can we pair Pokemon games in our vote by generation? I voted Red and Blue together since they are pretty much the same video game aside from some small differences, but in the OP they were counted separately under examples of games to vote for.

For the whole remaster/remake thing I usually never award them higher than the originals just because those older games deserve credit for coming up with the game's design and being groundbreaking at the time. Case in point, I voted for the original OoT instead of OoT 3D. I do think in some cases though a remake that is practically a new game would be more worthy of a vote. (Ex: I would vote for Metroid: Zero Mission over Metroid)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
1. Super Metroid
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
5. Metroid Prime
6. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
7. Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
8. Super Mario 64
9. Pikmin 2
10. Super Mario World

May add thoughts later

KraytarJ

1. Xenoblade Chronicles
2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
3. Metroid Prime
4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
5. Super Mario Galaxy
6. Pokemon Diamond & Pearl
7. Fire Emblem: Awakening
8. Splatoon
9. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
10. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Nere

1. Metroid Prime
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Metroid Prime 2
5. Pokemon Heart Gold/Silver
6. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
7. Donkey Kong Country Returns
8. Super Mario Galaxy 2
9. Banjo Kazooie
10. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Sadist

Got a voting question, can we pair Pokemon games in our vote by generation? I voted Red and Blue together since they are pretty much the same video game aside from some small differences, but in the OP they were counted separately under examples of games to vote for.

For the whole remaster/remake thing I usually never award them higher than the originals just because those older games deserve credit for coming up with the game's design and being groundbreaking at the time. Case in point, I voted for the original OoT instead of OoT 3D. I do think in some cases though a remake that is practically a new game would be more worthy of a vote. (Ex: I would vote for Metroid: Zero Mission over Metroid)
Red/Blue/Yellow can be paired together. The differences are minor. :)

Top Bottom