• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Best Film's of All Time, 2015 Edition - Voting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimrpg

Is this over yet?

1) The Prestige
2) Kingdom of Heaven - Director's Cut
3) Blood Diamond
4) Batman Begins
5) The Social Network
6) Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
7) Black Hawk Down
8) Gladiator
9) Saving Private Ryan
10) Schindler's List

Honourable Mentions
The Rock, The Cider House Rules, Speed, Die Hard with a Vengeance, Schindler's List, Cool Runnings, Contact, Good Will Hunting, Fight Club, American History X, Three Colours: Red, Police Story, Rush Hour, Toy Story, Gravity, Inception, Memento, Battle Royale, The Shawshank Redemption

Steamlord

If you look at the spreadsheet in the OP there's a pretty big list. I guess he just hasn't decided to put it together in a new results thread yet.

It looks like the most recent list added to the spreadsheet is post #247, posted the day after the thread was started. That spreadsheet hasn't been updated in months.

Mr. Sam

I'm a tech novice (by NeoGAF standards at least) but there must be some way to collate the results fairly easily - otherwise I might just go through with a pad and a pen.

impact

Banned
Yeah, no, this isn't happening, unless someone else is willing to take over, which I doubt.

Probably for the better.

I can imagine the top 10 now. The Dark Knight, Avengers and Mad Max all duking it out for the top spot in GAF's best films of all time list. LOL.

Mr. Sam

Just a small update: mariachi507 and I are working on collating the votes and will hopefully be in a position to post a results thread sometime next week. I've just finished doing the first page and, spoilers, Tron: Legacy has as many votes as The Seven Samurai. Oh, and someone voted for Catwoman.

The amount of films that Rush Hour 2 is ranked higher than is kind of blowing my mind. These results are going to be very interesting.

Moppeh

Banned
1. 2001: A Space Odyssey
2. Apocalypse Now
3. Aguirre, The Wrath of God
4. 8 1/2
5. Bicycle Thieves
6. The Third Man
7. Hiroshima, Mon Amour
8. Day For Night
9. Taxi DriverI
10. Blade Runner

I tweaked my list a bit. If you guys have already gotten past page five, then feel free to disregard my changes.

Also, thanks for finishing this! I'm excited/terrified to see the results.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
1 - Goodfellas
2 - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
3 - Shoeshine
4 - All Quiet on the Western Front
5 - To Be or Not To Be
6 - Safety Last
7 - M
8 - Pan's Labyrinth
9 - City of God
10 - Amadeus

Rogan

Banned
1 ) There Will be Blood
2 ) Pulp Fiction
3 ) The Dark Knight
4 ) The Avengers
5 ) The Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
6 ) Jurassic Park
7 ) Mad Max: Fury Road
8 ) Interstellar
9 ) Avengers: Age of Ultron
10) Drive

3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10 all because they where great to watch on the big screen. Watched the Dark Knight 3 times, Age of Ultron 2 times and Mad Max: Fury road 3 times.

The list should be 100 films long.

Still time to submit a list and is this still happening?

My top 10 at the moment is

1. Apocalypse Now (1979)
2. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
3. Vertigo (1958)
4. Schindler's List (1993)
5. Persona (1966)

6. Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
7. The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
8. Dr. Strangelove (1964)
9. Psycho (1960)
10. Chinatown (1974)

Really hated to leave out

11. Mulholland Dr. (2001)
12. 8½ (1963)
13. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
14. Se7en (1995)
15. Blade Runner (1982)

16. A Clockwork Orange (1971)
17. Back to the Future (1985)
18. The Shining (1980)
19. Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)
20. Fanny and Alexander (1982)

This is going to be awesome to see the results. I didn't get to post a list, but I just want to know if Planes, Trains, and Automobiles gets a look!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom