• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2015

EhoaVash

The uncharted 4 gameplay they showed at psx looked very boring IMO

As a cinamatic game fan, the order looks so much better and more interesting

Why is No Man's Sky on here?

Oooooo the trees are red and the grass is orange and the sky is green. Plus as you fly around, the game will do a random color swap on other planets.

Sweet.

Quantum Break is generic? Idk if you've seen the 16 minute gameplay vid on it or not but from what i've seen I wouldn't call it generic.

All games where bullets travel out of barrels and fly toward enemies are generic. Get with the program!
/s

Ricky 7

I want every Japanese game on that list. =3 A month ago I would have said "and + Halo 5" but no 4 player split screen killed all the hype I had for that game.

Canucked

Is the Halo brand tarnished, or was its popularity overblown? It's the only one that shocked me not being in the top ten.

wmlk

That's too bad. Would have been fun to see it go against Persona 5 and Xenoblade X for the rankings.

Shinobi made a good call on that, though. Thing's not releasing next year for sure. People still voted for it. FFXV was being mentioned quite a bit.

Next year's list ought to be interesting. I expect FFXV to be in the top 3.

DNAbro

The uncharted 4 gameplay they showed at psx looked very boring IMO

As a cinamatic game fan, the order looks so much better and more interesting

this blows my mind. I don't understand how people could say Uncharted 4 looked boring and in the same sentence say the Order looks interesting.

sam777

Nothing has been shown of it, though. Once MS/Crystal show it off I'm sure people will get more excited. In my opinion, though, it sucks that it's cross-gen. Wish it was new-gen only.

Yeah I am also disappointed that it is on 360 as well, although I wouldn't be surprised if they outsource the 360 port rather than do it internally.

Mifune

Mehmber
Quantum Break and The Witness are on my personal Top Ten, but this is a great list. So much to look forward to this year.

daveo42

Banned
Why is No Man's Sky on here?

Oooooo the trees are red and the grass is orange and the sky is green. Plus as you fly around, the game will do a random color swap on other planets.

Sweet.

Sounds like you are basing your opinion around the image in the OP and not on any of the information out there about the game.

VinFTW

Is the Halo brand tarnished, or was its popularity overblown? It's the only one that shocked me not being in the top ten.

Most of GAF owns a PS4/PC/Wii U.

Halo 5 will still be huge, especially with the way the Beta is changing minds around here and other popular Halo forums (it's real good).

I wouldn't put much thought into it :p I don't know why people are taking the list personally and getting upset. It's not like it means "omgggg sonyGAF!#@!! biased".

Krakn3Dfx

Quantum Break is generic? Idk if you've seen the 16 minute gameplay vid on it or not but from what i've seen I wouldn't call it generic.

I remember being super excited for Alan Wake and then playing the game, which was "shine flashlight, shoot, rinse repeat", 1 concept used constantly over and over again and never evolving beyond what you were doing in the first half an hour of the game in any substantial way.

When I watched that demo for Quantum Break, it felt like the real possibility that they could be falling into that same routine all over again, which would be pretty disappointing but not really surprising.

I'm still hopeful for Quantum Break, but I have some real concerns about it as well.

343 isn't Bungie, and Halo 4's MP was the worst in the series. Add to that the debacle that has been the MCC, and yeah, there's probably some apprehension about what Halo 5 will be at this point.

Shinobi made a good call on that, though. Thing's not releasing next year for sure. People still voted for it. FFXV was being mentioned quite a bit.

HA

FFXV will be #1 without question.

WELL, actually if the demo is shit then I guess it could kill hype quite a bit. But if the demo is solid and hype builds even more? Will be unstoppable.

I have weird tastes. Only 3 of mine were in the top 10. Some weren't even in the top 20. That said, I'm pretty excited for all the games on the list. They all look pretty rad, and they deserve their spots.

So stop whining

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Halo 4's online was terrible due to balance, boring maps, and so forth.

MCC online was terrible due to netcode.

Faith in Halo 5? Nada and rightfully so.

NeoGAF's Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2015 | Kyle Bosman's Favourite Thread

XS5LK.gif

I just watched the latest video. Coincidentally, Bosman is the reason I finally applied for an account here. I had been roaming the apocalyptic wasteland known as Game Ef Aye Cues for way too long. It was actually starting to ruin gaming for me with all the negativity and trolling and flaming and non-sensical moderation and negativity.

Meanwhile, I began lurking here. But when Bosman ripped on that other site, I decided to finally apply for membership and pack my bags for greener pastures.

[/lame_story]

Unfortunately, my application didn't process until after this poll ended. But several of my choices made the list including No Man's Sky. I'm just sad that Battlefront wasn't a bit higher.

Matriox

Surprised The Order made it with all the hate it gets

Yeah I'm "excited" about the Order, even had it on my list at one point, but it just doesn't seem as exciting as the first time it was announced. I'll still be getting it barring some poor review scores though. Thanks for the effort you put in Shinobi, excellent job.

I helped count votes for a small section - was amazing how many times FFXV showed up. Shinobi was pretty clear about it not qualifying in the OP, so we'll chalk it up to reading skills.

:-D

But really, GAF - read OPs.

Vexxan

No interest in top 2 or bottom 2 but the rest I'm really excited for. Here's to hoping we won't get too many delays.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I just watched the latest video. Coincidentally, Bosman is the reason I finally applied for an account here. I had been roaming the apocalyptic wasteland known as Game Ef Aye Cues for way too long. It was actually starting to ruin gaming for me with all the negativity and trolling and flaming and non-sensical moderation and negativity.
Yeah, NeoGAF has no negativity and trolling at all.

If you want to avoid negativity then you better stick to threads made by shinobi because so much of GAF is exactly that. :p

Diknak

Neo Member
Halo 5, Tomb Raider, and The Division are my top 3.

Xbox doesn't seem to have a strong lineup this year, but they are expected to drop some bombs at E3 though. Rare already teased something, so I'm expecting a big Rare game this year too.

Wendler

Banned
I'm a bit disappointed by a few of them. Uncharted 4? The Order? Wtf.

Seemed Like MGSV, XB and Zelda were going to take the top 3 at first.

Because even if they're not their most anticipated, their still on most people's list, because almost all people on GAF own a PS4.

Yeah, NeoGAF has no negativity and trolling at all.

If you want to avoid negativity then you better stick to threads made by shinobi because so much of GAF is exactly that. :p

There's a difference between constructive negativity and just being negative to insult others which is what GameFAQs has become. I can handle GAF's version of negativity—at least what I've seen so far.

Maybe.

Sounds like you are basing your opinion around the image in the OP and not on any of the information out there about the game.

I haven't seen much info other than how procedural generation will create an infinite universe. But I cannot see how a team so small can create a game with enough art assets to make it truly seem infinite. Nor do I understand how they can create many meaningful missions or write much of a story. I hope there's more to it.

And maybe it isn't a story game, but rather a space sandbox. That's cool, but when all the other games on this list are fleshed out experiences, it makes this Random Planet Generator seem hollow in comparison.

Top Bottom