• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Top Ten Most Anticipated Games of E3 2017

Lasty95

1, Destiny 2 (with mic-drop immediate beta access)
2. Spiderman
3. LoU2
4. Mario I guess?
5...er that's pretty much it I think.

I'd like to see what Rocksteady are up to, but it's probably too early.

Without any regard for the probabilities of these actually showing up:

1. Animal Crossing Switch
2. Super Mario Maker Switch
3. Project Re:Fantasy
4. Mario Odyssey
5. Cyberpunk 2077
6. Ni No Kuni 2
7. Persona 5 Spinoffs
8. New Bethesda IP
9. FFVII Remake

Ok, so

1. TLOU Part II
2. God of War
3. Spiderman
4. Super Mario Odyssey
5. Sucker Punch's game
6. Wolfenstein 2
7. Days Gone
8. Crackdown 3
9. AC Origins
10. South Park 2

5- I don't know what can Naughty dog do to wow me with TLOU 2 but i am definitely looking forward to a new trailer and hopefully a launch date this year.
4- i wish Spiderman is a decent effort to make a GOOD super heroe game like the arkham series but i really doubt it.. we'll see
3- I really hope someone shows the RE2 remake,, that's one of my all time favorites.
2- Final Fantasy VII remake needs a launch date or i'll pretend it doesn't exist after E3 i just won't care anymore about it.
1- Mario Oddysey will probably be one of the best games ever, so i'm actually looking forward to its release date more that anything else I WANT TO PLAY IT.

We won't see DQXI localization date yet but that one would be my first choice ofc.

skypunch

Banned
I think lists are stupid, so I will say I'm anticipating Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Spiderman PS4, Cyberpunk 2077 with my most anticipated being Xenoblade Chronicles 2 because Monolith Soft are the only JRPG developer I like.

5- I don't know what can Naughty dog do to wow me with TLOU 2 but i am definitely looking forward to a new trailer and hopefully a launch date this year.
4- i wish Spiderman is a decent effort to make a GOOD super heroe game like the arkham series but i really doubt it.. we'll see
3- I really hope someone shows the RE2 remake,, that's one of my all time favorites.
2- Final Fantasy VII remake needs a launch date or i'll pretend it doesn't exist after E3 i just won't care anymore about it.
1- Mario Oddysey will probably be one of the best games ever, so i'm actually looking forward to its release date more that anything else I WANT TO PLAY IT.

We won't see DQXI localization date yet but that one would be my first choice ofc.

What? You know who's making it right? What makes you believe it's not going to be good?

StarPhlox

10) The Last of Us Part II
9) God of War
8) Super Mario Odyssey
7) Resident Evil Remake 2
6) Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
5) [Rumored] Aztec Souls
4) 3D Metroid
3) 2D Metroid
2) Star Fox Adventures 2
1) Mega Man X9

DMONKUMA

For real tho....

1. Metroid
2. Armored Core 6/reboot
3. Platinum's new game
4. Retro's new game
5. Sucker Punch's new game
6. Sakurai's new project
7. God of War
8. Monster Hunter XX localizated
9. Whatever Capcom has next
10. Wolfenstein

sublimit

Banned
I slightly updated my list (replaced Wild with Code Vain)

-From Software new IP
-Itsuno's project (hopefully Dragon's Dogma 2)
-Dragon Quest XI
-13 Sentinels Aegis Rim
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2
-Metroid
-Code Vain
-RE2 Remake
-Cyberpunk 2077
-Ni no kuni 2

BDGAME

I'm a huge Nintendo's fan, but right now, I only want to see the spider man for ps4 and what is the project scorpio.

From Nintendo I want know more about secret games than the already announced or leaked one.

I really don't think that Xenoblade 2 will have more than a new video in this E3.

BigBusiness

Neo Member
Nice topic TC. By the way, if you're looking for your GameTrailers fill, I recommend you check out Easy Allies -- that's where Brandon Jones and all the ex-GT guys are now!

As for my list:

10) Visceral's Star Wars
9) Final Fantasy VII Remake/Kingdom Hearts III
8) Xenoblade Chronicles 2
7) The Last of Us: Part II
6) Project Scorpio
5) God of War
4) Assassin's Creed: Origins
3) Death Stranding
2) Cyberpunk 2077
1) Super Mario Odyssey

10 - Hazelight's Game With EA
The team from Brothers is working with EA money. Make me cry, you lovely Swedish bastards.

9 - The Last Game At Ubisoft's Press Conference
There are precious few surprises left at E3. Leaks and the inevitability of capitalism make so much of every year's show easy to predict. But somehow, Ubisoft's 'One Last Thing' has never really been leaked to the public. Sometimes it turns heads (Watch_Dogs). Sometimes it confuses and amazes (Rainbow Six). Sometime's it's Steep. But it's always a part of the show I deeply and sincerely anticipate.

8 - Sea of Thieves
I don't get into MMOs. But a Rare pirate adventure? That just might hook me in.

7 - Fallout 4 VR
I'm still a sucker for the dream of VR, but not enough of a sucker to spend several hundred dollars on a headset that has ARGUABLY a dozen worthwhile games. Fallout 4 could be the sort of 100+ hour experience that justifies one hell of a dumb purchase.

6 - Visceral's Star Wars Game
The minds behind Dead Space, Uncharted, and Assassin's Creed 2 are making something in the Star Wars universe. They've been working on it for a REAL long time. Let's hope it is worth the wait.

5 - Whatever UbiSoft Leamington (Formerly FreeStyle Games) Is Working On
Earlier this year, Ubisoft bought up FreeStyle Games and merged them into the Ubisoft brand. For the fucking idiots out there, FreeStyle Games created the best rhythm franchise of all time - DJ Hero. Since you FUCKERS didn't buy it, they made a shitty karaoke game for the WiiU & and the admirable flop Guitar Hero Live. I don't know what they're doing with Ubisoft. I don't know if it's even a rhythm game. I don't know if they've just been shoved in a closet working on cloaks and shit for Assassin's Creed. But oh boy, if they've got cash for a new rhythm franchise... I'll be there.

4 - Crackdown 3
This game is likely going to determine whether or not I actually buy a Scorpio. I want some buildings to fall down real pretty like, and I will spend the extra $500 if Crackdown will power that fantasy.

3 - Whatever The Fuck Retro Studios Has Been Working On For The Past Three Fucking Years

2 - Spider-Man
When it comes to big console games, Insomniac has been on one hell of a run. Ratchet & Clank and Sunset Overdrive have been some of this gen's best platforming experiences. Now they're letting lose on the most mobile superhero, ever.

1 - Super Mario Odyssey
The spiritual successor to Super Mario 64. All that needs to be said.

Endo Punk

Don't think I have 10.

5. God of War
4. REmake2
3. Spiderman
2. Red dead Redemption 2
1. Devil May Cry 5 - We know Itsuno is working on something and there has been too much smoke and for too long regarding a new DMC in the mainline series.

I would put Sucker Punch's new game in the list but it has no name so left it out.

Didn't put Dead Stranding, TLOU part 2, CP 2077 because I'm sure they will be on my list for E3 2018/19.

BlackLiamNeeson

Neo Member
  1. Spider-Man
  2. Cyberpunk 2077
  3. Fallout: New Orleans
  4. Days Gone
  5. Star Wars Battlefront II
  6. Crackdown 3
  7. Hazelight Studios Project
  8. God of War
  9. Assassin's Creed: Origins
  10. Pikmin 4

1). God of War
2). Far cry 5
3). Middle earth sow
4). Matterfall
5). Hellblade senua's sacrifice
6). Spiderman
7). Uncharted the lost legacy
8). Assassins creed
9). Pyre
10). Ruiner

arcticice

From Software's game

Spiderman

God of War

AC Origins

Far Cry 5

Ubi's new IP

Bioware's new IP

FF VII

Unlikely to Show Up

Red Dead Redemption 2 & Splinter Cell

1. Smash bros switch. So far there is nothing else I'm really excited for but this game, barring new unannounced games anyway. If E3 was literally just a conference for smash bros I would leave very happy. I know I'm going to put 1000s of hours into it and I think few other games will get much game time on my switch as a result.

1. God of War
2. Sucker Punch new IP (does this count?)
4. Spidey PS4
5. Days Gone
6. Death Stranding
7. Detroit Become Human
8. AssCreed Origins
9. South Park TFBW
10. Star Wars BF II

x. Hail Mary: Cyberpunk 2077

As far as games that're announced, I dunno if I have enough for a Top 10. There's definitely Mario Odyssey, the unrevealed Kirby game, South Park...

If Smash 4 Switch exists, that's definitely my number one pick.

haikira

Days Gone
God of War
Mario Odyssey
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Splatoon 2

Splinter Cell
State of Decay 2
The Evil Within 2
The Last of Us Part II
Wolfenstein: The New Colossus

MrCow

1. FROM game
2. The Last of Us 2
3. God of War
4. Spiderman

I'll always appreciate something new but I'm looking forward to these games that I know of

gatirosho

Neo Member
1-Tlou 2
2-GoW
3-Death Stranding
4-Unchated TLL
5-Mario
6-Detroit
7-Sucker Punch's new game lol
8-spooderman
9-Horizon DLC
10-Star Wars B2

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Not to sound like jaded edgelord, but I'm having a hard time finding something to care about for this E3. All the near release games (announced) are just sorta....ehhhhhhh, and the ones I'm more interested in like FFVII or RDR2 are next year or much much later. I'm hoping there are some cool announcements next week, as it is....whatevs.

Megatron

1) Spiderman – Finally, after a surprising amount of really good Spiderman games, we might get that truly outstanding Spiderman game we have always needed.
2) Dragon Quest 11 – I’m more interested in a release date than I am in seeing videos of this, as I’ve already bought this in my mind.
3) Mario Odyssey – I am so ready for a new 3D Mario! It’s time!!
4) Ni No Kuni
5) Xenoblade 2 – The ability to play this portably has me excited. I can only assume the 2 means the return of the Monado!
6) Scorpio – Not planning to buy one (Already have an X1) but really interested to see what Microsoft is cooking.
7) Resident Evil 2 Remake
8) Assassin’s Creed Origins – Very hopefull that the time off has served this game well.
9) Sea of Theives – Really curious to see how this is coming together
10) Destiny 2 – loved the first game, hopefull for the sequel.

Just miss the cut: Days Gone, Far Cry 5 and God of War

1) Super Mario Odyssey
2) God of War
3) Sea of Thieves
4) Days Gone
5) Spider Man
6) Sucker Punch's new game
7) Crackdown 3
8) Far Cry 5
9) Assassin's Creed Origins
10) GT Sport

zsynqx

!) The Last of Us Part II (PLEASE BE THERE)
2) Read Dead Redemption 2
3) God of War
4) Uncharted TLL
5) Spiderman
6) Super Mario Odissey
7) COD:WWII
8) Assassin's Creed Origins
9) Amy Hennig Star Wars game
10) New Sucker Punch game

Top Bottom