• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

I just want to watch a Scientology Documentary on Netflix. I wonder if they tried but some Hollywood Scientologists threatened them so they decided not to make them available. I still would like to see My Scientology Movie, even if the reviews are mixed

Well, Going Clear is HBO so that's on Amazon Prime.

Slacker

Well, Going Clear is HBO so that's on Amazon Prime.

Some HBO stuff is on there but not everything. This movie isn't there at the moment (though it can be rented on Amazon). It's pretty well done, too.

Leah Remini's show was interesting too. My Scientology Movie was just OK.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Bruno and Boots: Go Jump in the Pool (Family)
Bruno and Boots: This Can't Be Happening at Macdonald Hall (Family)
Chhota Bheem And the Curse of Damyaan (Family, Foreign)
Chris D'Elia: Man on Fire (Standup, Netflix Original)
I Am Michael (Drama)
Junction 48 (Drama)
Neruda (Drama, Foreign)
No Escape (Action, Thriller)
Reign Season 4 (TV, Drama)

chadskin

I just wanted to subscribe to Netflix again and noticed they have raised the price here, from €11.99 to €13.99 for the Premium 4K tier. That sucks.

Milchmann

I just wanted to subscribe to Netflix again and noticed they have raised the price here, from €11.99 to €13.99 for the Premium 4K tier. That sucks.

Try again with a different device or at a different time. Netflix sometimes tests higher prices, but the regular prices are still €7.99 (Basic)/€9.99 (Standard)/€11.99 (Premium) in Europe.

luna_s

Anyone having issues with Amazon fire TV and 4k ? For some reason I'm only getting 1080p It's worked at 4k in the past with no issues

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Anyone going to try Gypsy? Early reviews make it sound...not great.

Watched the first episode. I didn't hate it, but it's incredibly slow and the overall pacing of the episode is off. It actually reminds me a lot of 'Chance' with Hugh Laurie on Hulu. So far, I'm intrigued...but only mildly.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Bad Trips Abroad Season 1-2 (TV, Reality)
Blue Bloods Season 7 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Can't Pay, We'll Take it Away Season 1-2 (TV, Reality)
Chef & My Fridge Collection (TV, Food, Foreign)
Code 1 Extreme Season 1 (TV, Reality)
Criminal Minds Season 12 (TV, Drama, Crime)
Embarrassing Bodies Season 1-2 (TV, Reality)
Footprints: The Path of Your Life (Doc, Faith, Foreign)
Gab-Dong Season 1 (TV, Crime)
Gypsy Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Hawaii Five-0 Season 7 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Inside the Mind of a Serial Killer Season 1 (TV, Doc)
It's Only the End of the World (Indie, Drama)
Little Witch Academia Season 1 (TV, Anime, Netflix Original)
Madam Secretary Season 3 (TV, Drama)
Miami SWAT Season 1 (TV, Reality)
NCIS Season 14 (TV, Drama)
Nine: Nine Time Travels Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Oh My Ghost Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Release the Hounds Season 1 (TV, Reality)
The Catch Season 1 (TV, Reality)
The House on Coco Road (Doc, Bio)
The Supervet Season 2 (TV, Reality)
The Weekend (Comedy)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Bigger list:

1 Chance 2 Dance (Romantic, Drama)
10 jours en or (Comedy, Foreign)
46 Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Aankhen (Thriller, Foreign)
About Alex (Indie, Drama)

Against the Tides Season 1 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Albion: The Enchanted Stallion (Family)
Are We Done Yet? (Family)
Are We There Yet? (Family)
Being Mary Jane: The Series Season 4 (TV, Drama)

Best in Show (Comedy)
Big Brother (Action, Foreign)
Boat Trip (Comedy)
Breakout Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Bruno and Boots: The Wizzle War (Family)

Caramel (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
Code Name: The Cleaner (Comedy)
Conntratiempo (Thriller, Foreign)
Dad (Drama)
Danny Dyer's Deadliest Men Season 1-2 (TV, Doc)

Deep Water Season 1 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Delicatessen (Comedy, Foreign)
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (family)
El Barco Season 1-3 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
El Capo: El Amo de Tunel Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
El Chema Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)

Emma (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
Free Willy (Family)
Given (TV, Doc)
Here Alone (Horror, Zombie)
Hostages Season 2 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Intersection Season 3 (TV, Drama, Foreign)

Jackass: Number Two (Comedy)
Last Night (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)
Liar's Dice (Drama, Foreign)
Love Actually (Romantic, Comedy)
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (Family)
Matchstick Men (Drama)

Mixed Signals (Indie, Drama, Romantic)
Offspring Season 6 (TV, Drama)
Police Academy (Comedy)
Punch-Drunk Love (Romantic, Drama)
Racing Stripes (Family)

Reggie Yates Outside Man Volume 1 (TV, Doc, Social)
Spawn: The Movie (Action)
Taking Lives (Thriller)
The Astronaut Framer (Indie, SciFi)
The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas (Drama)

The Dirty Picture (Comedy, Romantic, Foreign)
The Land Before Time 1-3 (Family)
The Longest Yard (Comedy)
The Mighty Ducks (Family, Quack)
The Originals Season 4 (TV, Horror)

The Truth Is in the Stars (Doc, Science)
Tik Tok (Thriller, Foreign)
Titanic (Drama)
Witnesses Season 2 (TV, Crime, Drama)

Just finished Glow which was amazing. Need something else.

How's Riverdale? Or Master of None?

I'd prefer a mystery or comedy. But I'm open to suggestions.

Susurrus

So when I try to open Netflix in Airplane mode, it tells me it cannot connect to the Netflix service, and doesn't let me access my downloaded videos. The only solution seems to be connecting, reopening the app, then let it sign in, and then I can close it, disconnect, and then it will let me access my offline videos. Not a big deal when I'm at home as I'm just doing it to watch stuff I downloaded when I was in another country, but when I ride an airplane next week, I obviously won't have that option.

Is there a fix to this so it won't ask me?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that moment you get excited for Limitless Season 1 being added and then you remember it only lasted one season ;_;

teiresias

So when I try to open Netflix in Airplane mode, it tells me it cannot connect to the Netflix service, and doesn't let me access my downloaded videos. The only solution seems to be connecting, reopening the app, then let it sign in, and then I can close it, disconnect, and then it will let me access my offline videos. Not a big deal when I'm at home as I'm just doing it to watch stuff I downloaded when I was in another country, but when I ride an airplane next week, I obviously won't have that option.

Not sure. Happened to me when I wanted to watch a movie on a flight a few weeks back. Pissed me off, because the crap is broken.

The same thing happened to me the first time I tried watching without wifi and I think the trick is to start the movie/show for a few seconds when you're connected and then hit pause and then you can play it later when you're not connected.

Apathy

Currently watching American anarchist right now, not done, but man I hate this dude so much. He's trying to act like he's so regretful but he got paid. Even when the publisher told him he was going bankrupt, he was no longer going to publish it, but he would pay 10k to get the rights of the book, he took the money and was can't even come up with a plausible lie.

OK I really hate him and his wife. Holy shit. Talking about how people should have personal responsibility, and then said that the visit of the documentary crew started making them think of their personal responsibility for the book. Like he had decades to do that.

Aiii

So not worth it
The same thing happened to me the first time I tried watching without wifi and I think the trick is to start the movie/show for a few seconds when you're connected and then hit pause and then you can play it later when you're not connected.
Can’t be right. This is what should show on launch -and does for me:
img_0894fysfc.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Everyone watch Nate Bargatze on the first episode of The Standups. It's hilarious.

Yes it is.

Edit: you know I was going to say unfortunately ep2 with Fortune Feimster isnt that good, but she gets into her groove haflway, im into it now.

edit: oh damn, episode 3 is with Deon Cole, the dude from Black-ish

Susurrus

Can’t be right. This is what should show on launch -and does for me:

Yet it happens. I fix it temporarily by connecting and logging in, then disconnecting again. But it has happened to me multiple times where I get the message "cannot connect to the Netflix service".

Rhaknar

yooooooooooo Episode 3 of The Standups is amazing. Someone do a OT for the show, it seems nobody knows about it :(

I would but I suck at doing OTs

I've been rewatching American Horror Story Coven and I think a show about Marie, her crew, and Queenie would've been a lot cooler. Angela Basset is the best thing about that season.

Tizoc

Sorry for asking this but do we know what new shows are gonna show up in August? I think Voltron LD is coming in August right?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

1 Mile to You (Drama, Romantic)
Butter (Indie, Comedy)
Castlevania Season 1 (TV, Anime, Netflix Original)
Click for Murder Season 1 (TV, Doc, Crime)
Degrassi: Next Class Season 4 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Diamond Lover Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
iZombie Season 3 (TV, Comedy, Drama)
King's War Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Luna Petunia Season 2 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Real Hubands of Hollywood Season 5 (TV, Comedy)
Salt and Fire (Thriller, Foreign)
Speech & Debate (Indie, Comedy)
Take Me (Indie, Comedy)
The Legend of Bruce Lee Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
The Void ('16, Horror)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Alpha & Omega: Journey to Bear Kingdom (Family)
Bad Santa 2 (Comedy)
Horse Dancer (Family)
Vinnie Jones World's Toughest Cops Season 1 (TV, Doc)

Couldn't even make it through the first 5 minutes of the first episode of The Standups. Not funny at all. Whether it was the delivery or the jokes or both, just fell completely flat.

Top Bottom