• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix picks up "The Ranch" starring Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

pa22word

I'll watch this because the best part about that '70s show is that Kelso was pretty much my dad back in the day while Heide was my uncle. Both of them (brothers) love the show and laugh about how silly they were back in the day.

moist

I watched a few episodes and agree with everyone saying its bizzare hearing them drop f bombs with a laugh track. Otherwise it wasn't bad, Sam Elliott and his majestic mustache made it watchable for me at least.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Before this trailer I had always wondered if "played both ways" could mean something sexual. Really impressed that the writers figured out a way to get that in there. Maybe there could be a joke about fitting something in a hole... I don't know, I'll leave it to the pros!

cacildo

No, it's the shitty jokes that ruin the laugh track.

Yep

Laugh tracks arent bad.

Seinfeld has it
Friends has it
That 70s show has it
Frasier has it
Cheers has it

Well... every single sitcom you loved in the 90s and quote until today had laugh tracks.

Laugh tracks are not to blame here. The thing is.... after the middle 00s comedy people decided that every comedy needs to be "rauchy"* and "edgy"

You see... seinfeld and friends didnt had to be "raunchy"* to be funny.
In fact they talked about sex in a way that was - i dont know - "classy" and really really funny
But every comedy today think it needs to me more explicit. And this dosent help when you cant be funny at all - in fact it makes it all more cringe worthy

All in all: "The Ranch" sucks. I let it rolling yesterday and got to episode 5 but the truth is that after the middle of episode 1 i wasnt paying any attention anymore. It was just noise

*its the first time i use the word "raunchy" in a post. I hope i got it right

Oh gawd. This is gonna be popular isn't it? Just like the Adam Sandler film.

Hope a couple years from now we don't look back and say "Yup... this was the start of the down fall of Netflix."

El Topo

How many people actually watched the whole thing? I know I watched about 5 minutes and turned it off.

It's an empty statement since we don't have the data, really. Would anyone expect him to say "Hey, that thing we made for a lot of money is shit and no one wants to watch it"? Alright, then again, I assume they'd simply not talk about it. On the other hand, is it actually surprising if an exclusive movie with a lot of coverage and a famous star did well?

How many people actually watched the whole thing? I know I watched about 5 minutes and turned it off.
I've got this thing where I pretty much finish every movie I watch, even if it's bad, but this movie...

Thought I was almost at the end (it fels like two hours) and I was only about an hour into the damn thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom