• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix release dates - OitNB S4, Get Down, Flaked, The Ranch, Stranger Things & more

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link.

Get ready for some serious box-set binging, because Netflix has just organised our TV viewing for 2016.

Baz Luhrmann's The Get Down is one of a host of programmes that have been given release dates by the streaming giant. The first six episodes of the music-driven drama, starring Justice Smith, Jimmy Smits and Giancarlo Esposito, will drop on August 12 at 12.01am PT.

Meanwhile, the second season of Grace and Frankie will be released on May 6 at 12.01am PT. Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin return as the two women whose lives are turned upside-down when their husbands reveal they are gay and leave them for each other.

Comedies Flaked and The Ranch will premiere on March 11 at 12.01am PT and April 1 at 12.01am PT, respectively. The Ranch has been split into two sets of ten episodes, with the first ten to air in April.

Flaked stars Will Arnett as Chip, who falls for the object of his best friend's fascination. The eight-episode series was co-created and co-written by Arnett and Mark Chappell. Meanwhile, The Ranch sees Ashton Kutcher reunited with Two and a Half Men writers Don Reo and Jim Patterson.

On May 5 at 12.01am CET, eight-part French drama Marseille premieres. Focusing on the race for Mayor in the eponymous city, it stars Gérard Depardieu, Benoît Magimel and Géraldine Pailhas.

The disappearance of a young boy is the focus of eight-part supernatural drama Stranger Things, which drops on July 15 at 12.01am PT. Starring Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Natalia Dyer and Matthew Modine, it has been written and directed by Matt and Ross Duffer.

And Netflix hasn't forgotten the little ones either, setting release dates for three younger-skewing shows.

Lost & Found Music Studios airs from April 1 at 12.01am PT, animated series Kong: King of the Apes from Avi Arad drops on April 15 at 12.01am PT and, for preschoolers, The Jim Henson Company's Word Party premieres on June 3 at 12.01am PT.

Netflix has also announced the release dates for Orange is the New Black season four and the second season of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, as well as revealing that Jessica Jones will return for a second season.

Orange is June 17th.
Kimmy is April 15th.

tim.mbp

Flaked: March 11
The Ranch: April 1
The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: April 15
Marseille: May 5
Grace and Frankie: May 6
Orange is the New Black: June 17
Stranger Things: July 15
The Get Down: August 12

Lost & Found Music Studios: April 1
Kong: King of the Apes: April 15
The Jim Henson Company's Word Party: June 3

Toothless

None of these are BoJack Horseman, so I'm indifferent.

Also, has Master of None been renewed yet? Is it going to be renewed or is Aziz against that?

tomtom94

The first six episodes of the music-driven drama, starring Justice Smith, Jimmy Smits and Giancarlo Esposito, will drop on August 12 at 12.01am PT.
So wait, is it split in half or something? That's weird if so.

Catvoca

Banned
http://deadline.com/2016/01/master-of-none-second-season-possible-but-will-take-a-while-1201684769/

Not renewed yet, sounds like Aziz wants to wait a while before he starts on a second season.

I hope with streaming we get more creative people taking time between seasons of tv shows. One of my favourite things about British shows is that often the creators will take a longer break between seasons to recharge creatively, and I think it definitely helps keep the quality more consistent. With that being said, I can't wait for more Master of None.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom