• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ranch |OT| Netflix cues up the laugh tracks on April 1st (Kutcher, Masterson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished an episode. The first 15 minutes of the pilot were pretty bad but after the
almost-sex scene
it flipped a switch and had me chuckling.

Only issue I've had is it goes from normal, TV appropriate sitcom humor to a really jarring and out of place joke just to earn it's TV-MA rating like "That's not the vagina I thought I'd be in tonight!" or "What the fuck are those boots?"

It's super out of place and awkward, it just feels forced.

So I've been watching this kind of out of spite. I have moved from the North to the South, and I just find it so funny that this is the type of show that panders so hard to the South/country demo that it borders on heavy parody. I think it is a smart demo to go for, there are so many people that this just plays into.

It makes me even more apathetic to the culture than I already was. If you think college football, hunting, dip, and truck talk is just exaggerated in media... it definitely isn't.

MoeDabs

Just finished an episode. The first 15 minutes of the pilot were pretty bad but after the
almost-sex scene
it flipped a switch and had me chuckling.

Only issue I've had is it goes from normal, TV appropriate sitcom humor to a really jarring and out of place joke just to earn it's TV-MA rating like "That's not the vagina I thought I'd be in tonight!" or "What the fuck are those boots?"

It's super out of place and awkward, it just feels forced.

Yeah, I've only watched a few episodes, but the tone was all over. At some points it feels like a standard sitcom, then sometimes it almost feels like a parody of a sitcom. That or kutcher is putting in the worst performance of his life.

mm04

I wasn't going to give this show a chance, but now that I've seen the full cast thanks to the OP, I'll give it a shot this weekend. That's a pretty damn good cast. And we need more Elisha Cuthbert and Megyn Price on TV.

Alright so I had just enough That 70's show nostalgia, just enough love for Sam Elliot, and just enough curiosity over that 5 star netflix rating to check this out.
First episode isn't great... But... Its started hooking me right after. Elliot and Kutcher play off each other perfectly, and Masterson dickish character is just right to spice it up.
They got me for now, I'll see how long they can keep it interesting.

Decided to give this a shot after seeing that thread about it's appearance on a late night show. I just finished all the episodes available so far and I really enjoy the show. Not all of the jokes land, but the show has heart and it makes you care about the characters. Beau is probably my favorite. That voice. The show really get's interesting after
it's revealed that Heather is pregnant with Colt's child.
Solid sitcom overall.

Looking forward to the next part especially since P3 ended on a nasty cliffhanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom