• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter Nights

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Just curious as to how many people here are still playing Neverwinter Nights in some capacity or another.. Recently got back into it, picked up both expansions, and have been checking out a few persistent worlds and some of the better modules that have been done..

This game/engine is absolutely amazing.. I wish Bioware would do a sequel within the next 2-4 years with updated graphics and able to better handle more players..

borghe

well, apparently no one still plays this...

anyway, some of the PW's I have checked out so far is City of Arabel, which was interesting. Like the hardcore ruleset in use. Also have played through a good Pool of Radiance module..

Thinking I might start my own module this week.. a murder mystery among a military setting... any thoughts?

I was about 6 hours into the game when I encountered an uncrecoverable bug... and my alternate save was a long ways back. Really killed my enthusiasm for the game right there... I swear, Bioware puts out some of the best and buggiest games in the industry.

I did just started playing Torment, and it's kindof rekindled my desire to give NWN another shot.

Did you pick up that "programmer's guide" thing on creating NWN modules? Maybe there's something better online now, but from what I saw of the book, it looked handy.

borghe

Well, I am a programmer professionally working in a few different languages at any given time for the past 8 years.. I have looked through much of the lexicon and many many many examples and really, the language isn't hard... the actual conversion of that code into meaningful and compelling content is another story altogether, but you don't know until you try.

teiresias

The tools for NWN are very nice I think. The scripting language also isn't very difficult - it's basically C-like syntax if I remember correctly - and is pretty powerful considering I believe the regular devs used the same tools to do all the add-ons (at least the modules, obviously they used other tools to make the new tilesets and everything).

I had started on a module a while ago and had NPC's and specific NPC's that would approach you and confront you and everything, it was pretty neat. Got busy though and couldn't finish it.

etiolate

Banned
I still play! Just not lately because of my internet problems. I play mostly the main game quests, so I can conitnue with my character from there. I have also tried some player created setups, gotten through one till they hadn't added a new quest or mission. I also sometimes play the LOTR modules online though I've sucked in those.

I played for about a week for the first time recently. Ran through the first two acts of HoU before burning out. Shame, my Fighter\Monk\Weapon Master was pretty boss.

Top Bottom