• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 3DS Japanese TVCM

kubus

So “Kisekai” is the name of this singer's next single, and also the name of the New 3DS cover plates?

Is she really going to sing about cover plates or am I not understanding all this?
kisekae means "to change (appearance)", so for example in changing clothes, the wallpaper on your phone, etc.

So on 3DS they're called Kisekae Plates because they're plates used to change the appearance of the 3DS. The girl's song is probably about changing clothes, but they use the same word. It's quite a clever cooperation.

Subaru

tumblr_n5daqlN7lO1s2hy8mo1_1280.png

tumblr_n5daqlN7lO1s2hy8mo2_1280.png

Is this true? ahahahahah

walnuts

I must admit I laughed with that commercial.

And thanks you guys for posting pics from the ad, I didn't see Bowser with glasses, that's hilarious.

I'm just so obsessed over Nintendo doing this with Kyary, and also using an unreleased Kyary track. Perhaps it was even written for these promos, since it fits the theme too well. They really created a great image for the New 3DS that is very appealing. And if it's too colorful for you, there's the sleek clean XL/LL version. Love it.

Kade

This is horrible...

...I've just discovered Kyary thanks to this commercial and I've developed a minor obsession...

...This is not good...

-Horizon-

Link looks dapper as fuck. Bowser reminds me of
Kanji's new look
in Persona 4's true ending.

My god you're right with the spoiler part, Bowser even has that comb over :O
troy baker as bowser for the impending animation! the only voice acting I will now accept!

ash_ag

Between Amiibo and Kisekae, I think that Iwata's statements in the Investors' Meeting about exploiting and further promoting Nintendo as a brand are finally taking form. Nintendo IPs have the potential of maintaining an agenda that addresses to much more than just the video game subculture, and Nintendo seems to finally be presuming upon it.

In general, I feel that we are witnessing the birth of a
c8JCeef.png
Nintendo. A more open-minded Nintendo. Also looking forward to seeing the Pikmin movies.

well considering she already has two #1 albums and four top 10 hits, yes, maybe you should

I don't know if you're trolling or not

I'm not trolling. I don't listen to the radio and aside from The Daily Show and Colbert don't watch TV. The pop stars I do know are unavoidable so apparently I should know her but she's avoidable enough that I don't.

I mostly listen to stuff from the 80s, JPop and European metal.

EDIT: Apparently, googling Ariana is enough to tell me who she is.

^ That wallpaper is extremely cute!

I was actually thinking if they intent on using a celeb in the US as well, Ariana Grande would make a good model. She has the market following, both young (mostly young) but also older and people in their 20s. Kirby sucking her up can give him a long ass ponytail, I can see it already.

All though considering Nintendo used Beyoncé in the past, that would be amazing... Not sure if she really fits the theme of the New 3DS. With the colorful theme of the New 3DS they might gravitate towards Katy Perry... :/

Grizzo

I'm not trolling. I don't listen to the radio and aside from The Daily Show and Colbert don't watch TV. The pop stars I do know are unavoidable so apparently I should know her but she's avoidable enough that I don't.

I mostly listen to stuff from the 80s, JPop and European metal.

EDIT: Apparently, googling Ariana is enough to tell me who she is.

it's no big deal, I didn't know you didn't watch TV or listen to the radio (and to be fair, who really does nowadays?), so that can explain why you don't know who she is. Though Problem was almost inescapable all summer long.

Speaking of which, I think Ariana Grande is another popstar Nintendo could call to shoot the "western version" of that Kyari Pamyu Pamyu commercial.

^ That wallpaper is extremely cute!

I was actually thinking if they intent on using a celeb in the US as well, Ariana Grande would make a good model. She has the market following, both young (mostly young) but also older and people in their 20s. Kirby sucking her up can give him a long ass ponytail, I can see it already.

All though considering Nintendo used Beyoncé in the past, that would be amazing... Not sure if she really fits the theme of the New 3DS. With the colorful theme of the New 3DS they might gravitate towards Katy Perry... :/

Ha! I wrote my post without reading yours! We had the same idea. Yeah Nintendo could use her. The New Super Mario Bros 2 commercial with the Cruz sisters was pretty awesome!

Top Bottom