• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 3DS Japanese TVCM

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Looks like im going to rock the Peegee look LOOOL
peegee.jpg

oh my

Also Luario has that effect

Wait, the themes are sold separately? I thought they changed based on the faceplate applied? How lame.

the 3ds ain't that advanced mang

Wait, the themes are sold separately? I thought they changed based on the faceplate applied? How lame.

One, that would make theme switching a pain, two that would mixing and matching them pointless three, how would that work in the XL four, that seems like pointless technology would just raise the New 3DS's price

JulianImp

So I was checking the themes section and found that the wooden carved theme has the Super Mario Sunshine secret course theme as its BGM. Sold!

I ended up getting a regular white n3DS because I'll probably be trying some plates out. Kind of bummed that the plates don't actually come with built-in themes, though... from seeing the direct I thought they'd use NFC to send it to your 3DS when you put them on.

Mory Dunz

Nintendo shouldn't have released this commerical.

If not for DLC now, these very images will be brought up in 6 years for Smash 5 with "Sakuraiiii plzzz give these ALTS" accompanying posts.

Regiruler

I wonder. I'm sure a 3rd party company will drop a clear cover that lets you insert your own art though.

TBH I care a bit more about the theme, which I'm still not sure whether or not is attached to the plates.
Although if there are 1st party KI plates, I hope it's not overly tacky. Maybe a wing design with matching colors would be appropriate. No character shots if it can be helped, as KI characters are a bit overdesigned for something like that.

JoeM86

Worth noting that themes will also come with special 3DSs.

For example, the upcoming Pokémon ORAS N3DSs with the felt Groudon/Kyogre faceplates comes with a special unique Groudon/Kyogre focused theme. No images yet though.

ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES
ORANGE FACEPLATES *faints*

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Isabelle looks really cute in that dress.

That Villager on the other hand didn't quite fare as well. Then again I already sport the most dapper looking AC Villager possible. So Nintendo would have a hard task besting me.

tumblr_mutmp7osaq1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

Neiteio

OK THAT IS TOO MUCH NINTENDO

Isabelle in that ADORABLE DRESS

Toon Link in that ADORABLE TOP HAT

I'M FEELING OVER-STIMULATED

I thought they said some faceplates would come with accompanying themes, something like a download code for the theme. Not really a downer for me if its separate but I swear I read it somewhere.

Neiteio

We need high-res renders of Bowser, Toon Link and Isabelle so I can make the greatest wallpaper the world has ever seen

casiopao

Guyssss anyone can help avatirized Kirby Mahou Shoujo style for me pliz.T~T

And that Kyary. I can't wait for Tharja theme or at least Anna faceplate lol.

Top Bottom