• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New achievements appear for Forza Horizon - new DLC expansion?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
From the site that leaked the Far Cry Blood Dragon achievements comes this. Maybe some kind of Challenge mode?

http://exophase.com/game/forza-horizon-xbox-360/achievements/

uQjpZmy.png

Thanks to Badned in the Horizon thread for the tip. ;)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Have they delivered all their content yet from the Season Pass?

Only substantial DLC I've seen so far is that rally racing one. Which was pretty sweet

Hmm no clear indication what this is from the descriptions. More tracks? A whole new area? If its just cars, I'm not interested.

I suspect a new game mode + some new cars. Very much doubt there will be any new road.
I'd still kill for the ability to load an alternate version of the open world with all the Rally changes/stages included. Still think that was the biggest missed opportunity with this game.

If this is just cars I won't bite, but maybe they have something else up their sleeve. I'd love some more free roam methods of making money - I've flipped the popularity meter so many times now, but there's no payout anymore.

Lima

Oh new DLC and achievements attached to it. Will buy of course. You should add achievements to the car packs too, you will surely get a few more sales then.

Bedlam

Sold the game months ago. I had fun with it and originally I intended to buy the Rally pack at least. However, I found it way too expensive for what it offered. Ended up not buying any DLC at all, sorry devs and MS. Your business model sucks.

ShogunX

Interested in more content for Horizon and I hope the Rally pack is in a sale somewhere down the line. 1600 was hard to justify.

From the sound of it, it is not going to be any actual "DLC." It looks like a title update that might give us some new options to redo races or such, but I doubt we will see any actual new content.

legbone

i'd pay $20 bucks for a new game plus option that let me start the career over with all of my cars that i own. or have they already given this in a title update and i just missed it because i haven't played horizon in so long?

i'd pay $20 bucks for a new game plus option that let me start the career over with all of my cars that i own. or have they already given this in a title update and i just missed it because i haven't played horizon in so long?
No there's nothing like that.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
My friend just got a 15megs title update when he launched the game. He played last night and there was no updates.
Ask him if anything changed then. :p

Edit: Well I just downloaded the update. Only thing I noticed is DLC cars are now integrated in to the Autoshow even if you don't own them.

wrog

Forza Horizon Title Update

If you have or are planning on firing up Forza Horizon today, you will receive the latest title update for the game. This update addresses a number of issues that players have been experiencing with Forza Horizon, including:

Fixing bogus times posted on various Forza Horizon leaderboards. These leaderboard events include Edifice Carson Challenge, Montano Plains Stage 4, as well as a number of street races, among others. All bogus times have been removed from the affected leaderboards.

A Photo Mode bug that prevented reflection maps from appearing on cars if the photo was taken when the player entered Photo Mode from either the cockpit, hood, or bumper game cameras. This bug was spotted by Forza community member Mattia Casa. Grazie mille, Mattia!

Also in the “You Talk, We Listen” department, we have reduced the frequency of Alice Hart’s voiceover lines, specifically the ones where she reminds you to spend your credits on cars. We still love Alice, but we’ll be hearing less from her from now on.

You can now purchase the “Fast Travel Anywhere” feature in Forza Horizon. The “Fast Travel Anywhere” feature unlocks the ability to instantly travel anywhere on the map, not just to Horizon Outposts.

Other fixes include a bug that prevented upgraded cars from being de-optimized for eligibility in open-class Monthly Rivals events, as well as improvements to game stability when customizing shared cars at Outposts.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/WIR_4_12_13

Nothing about new DLC.

Also in the “You Talk, We Listen” department, we have reduced the frequency of Alice Hart’s voiceover lines, specifically the ones where she reminds you to spend your credits on cars. We still love Alice, but we’ll be hearing less from her from now on.
Thank you.

I REALLY should get back to playing this game, the rally expansion was great fun and shows that a forza rally game could be a huge hit, but it was kind of expensive.

Shaneus

Ask him if anything changed then. :p

Edit: Well I just downloaded the update. Only thing I noticed is DLC cars are now integrated in to the Autoshow even if you don't own them.
This is one thing I've never liked about some driving games... I don't recall ever seeing it with FM4 (perhaps because I owned 90% of the DLC?) but popped up in Horizon and the new NFS:MW - DLC cars present themselves as options at every possible time they can be squeezed in. I'm sure they might get a few extra sales that way, but for those of us who really aren't interested, there's never a way to switch it off and it just becomes annoying as hell. Feels very pushy and detrimental to a game that you'd have hoped would feel complete without having to buy DLC.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I have 57 of the 60 achievements. I need someone to grind with me online for 10 rally stage wins and 10 online free roam challenges.

Shaneus

They are hinting at something with the "Are you in?" at the end of the article.
End of the article? Have a look at all the bolded words throughout the whole page...

Only thing I can think of (and it's a hell of a stretch) is something like this:
Are you in?
R U IN?
Ruin? I don't know whether that's significant in the car world or not, but maybe it is. Is there a "ruins" location in Horizon? Maybe it points to a demolition derby? None of those are at all likely, but could be worth thinking about.
Edit: I'm guessing they'll be showing it on their live stream on the 15th. How do we watch that? I bet it turns out to be a crappy time for Australians to try and watch :/

The achievements are for a new expansion for sure!

By the way, could someone help me to get the last achievement? i need to do 10 coop challenges :)

I hope the frequency was reduced to 0.

Also... Her name was Alice Hart?

Klocker

this is on GoD at $39.99 now. I believe that's a sale

oh and thank god the shut Alice up and the fast travel anywhere is cool too

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
End of the article? Have a look at all the bolded words throughout the whole page...

Only thing I can think of (and it's a hell of a stretch) is something like this:
Are you in?
R U IN?
Ruin? I don't know whether that's significant in the car world or not, but maybe it is. Is there a "ruins" location in Horizon? Maybe it points to a demolition derby? None of those are at all likely, but could be worth thinking about.
Edit: I'm guessing they'll be showing it on their live stream on the 15th. How do we watch that? I bet it turns out to be a crappy time for Australians to try and watch :/

Yes... that too. forgot about that part lol.

Lima

I have 57 of the 60 achievements. I need someone to grind with me online for 10 rally stage wins and 10 online free roam challenges.

The achievements are for a new expansion for sure!

By the way, could someone help me to get the last achievement? i need to do 10 coop challenges :)

Send me a FR. GT is in my profile.

I can help guys.

Btw if you believe some Italian wordpress blog, the DLC will come out next Tuesday for free and will contain 1000 new challenges and two new cars. This was discovered yesterday with the new title update. If you buy the fast travel anywhere option it reads that it allows you to fast travel to 1000 club challenge locations.

pixelpushr

Neo Member
Horizon has been my second favorite racing game this generation behind Burnout Paradise but I bought that game at full price and bought the season pass so I'm not sure I'll spend any more money on it. Especially with new consoles around the corner.

Top Bottom