• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

New Alien: Isolation screenshots

shinobi602

Sep 28, 2010
www.twitter.com

Thanks Gamersyde

shuri

Banned
Jun 8, 2004
Some of those screenshots are awful.. Also: A mutilated cyborg. That's quite a fresh thing in the Alien Universe! I bet you will have to find pieces of hardware to fix him up and reboot him.. and then there's gonna be a cutscene with an agonizing cyborg going: "Before I fail, I must tell you about your mother.."

Dictator93

Jun 29, 2011
This game looks technically dazzingly and is dripping with atmosphere.

The high polycounts on everything really helps it look not very "gamey."

Don't believe his lies.

To my knowledge Randy Pitchford has nothing to do with this.

Amir0x

Banned
Oct 27, 2004
Nowhere, PA
God I love how they didn't create our version of the future, but they created the version of the future imagined in the original Alien movie. Fucking old school CRTs and shit, it's lovely.

This game is doing everything right as far as I'm concerned. The Alien is going to seem like a legit threat again

Jun 11, 2011
England
I really want to play that but I REALLY don't like the feeling of being scared, some people enjoy the thrill, I really dont.

It's a shame because I love the Alien universe/lore.

MBR

Banned
Apr 1, 2013
Looks good. Isn't this a cross-gen game too?
I can't figure out what the white stuff on the "exit" picture is though. Shouldn't blood be red? (Or do I just suck at Alien lore?)

Gurish

Aug 4, 2013
Looks Amazing!

Hope the IQ will be this clean in the final version (on PS4 at least).

brandonh83

Banned
Jun 26, 2005
It would be much scarier if the xenomorph walked around playing a pan flute. Imagine hearing flute sounds from afar; they could ditch the motion sensory device altogether.

JNT

Dec 6, 2011
Looks good. Isn't this a cross-gen game too?
I can't figure out what the white stuff on the "exit" picture is though. Shouldn't blood be red? (Or do I just suck at Alien lore?)

Did you watch any of the movies?

jet1911

Feb 23, 2005
God I love how they didn't create our version of the future, but they created the version of the future imagined in the original Alien movie. Fucking old school CRTs and shit, it's lovely.

Yes, it's a welcome change from all the other sci-fi games and movies out there.

Avallon

Aug 9, 2010
USA
People really need to stop getting so hyped for these games. They always end up disappointed.

Flarin

Apr 17, 2013
I wanna say Day 1 so hard, but...but...Colonial Marines :( game is looking amazing so far though. Will wait for reviews.
Day 2.

Dennis

Banned
Jul 7, 2009
It looks like they saw my complaints about the graphics from the screenshots a week ago and worked hard to produce some better ones.

It is always nice when developers listen.

Jun 27, 2010
Goddamn, looks incredible.

Loving the Alien design. And it seems they've nailed the androids too. This is going to be amazing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jul 30, 2009
Western Australia

This game is doing everything right as far as I'm concerned. The Alien is going to seem like a legit threat again

I'd love to see some of the material CA received from Fox that Scott and co. used for the original film. One recent article on the game mentioned that said data weighed in at around 3TB.

swcpig

Banned
Nov 18, 2013
denver, co
Looks Amazing!

Hope the IQ will be this clean in the final version (on PS4 at least).

Looks like these images have improved textures compared to the initial demo/screens.

Re: IQ on these are likely still the XBoxOne version... I only say likely cause the original demo was all Xbox stuff. I am sure the PS4 will be equal.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jan 29, 2008
Australia
Xeno looks huge, as it should.