• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New and Improved E3 2011 Summary Thread

Amir0x

Banned
SUMMARYE3.jpg

INTRODUCTION

If you've ever been exhausted from scouring page after page to see what you missed when you come home from a long day at work, this will be your one stop shop for all the gaming news of the day.

The way it works is like this... every day at 4:00PM(EST) I'll come home and update the topic with the latest news of the day. Hopefully some other mods will enter their own stuff while I am at work, but there's no promises there.

Each entry will contain a short summary of the news and links to pictures, videos, press releases, etc where applicable.

If you see I miss major news, feel free to PM me the information and I'll update it into the post. After all, I am but one man.

Anyway, enjoy the show.

CONFERENCE RECAP

Thanks to Aselith for these links:

Microsoft: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53259/mic...ference-video/

EA: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53261/ea-...ference-video/

Sony: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53264/son...ference-video/

Ubisoft: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53262/ubi...ference-video/

Konami: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53216/kon...ss-conference/

SUMMARY

MICROSOFT

● CDProjekt announces Witcher 2 coming to Xbox 360 Fall 2011.
● Konami announces MGS HD collection including MGS2 and MGS3. In Japan, Peacewalker will be sold separately. Elsewhere, Peacewalker will bincluded in the collection.
● Konami announces Zone of Enders HD collection including both games.
● Forza 4 Revealed: over 500 cars, completely re-done graphics engine and more. Releases October 11, 2011.
● Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim sweet new footage.
● Insomniac reveals Overstrike, a new four-player co-op action game and the first Insomniac game to appear on 360 as well as PS3.
● Halo 4 announced! Watch the teaser trailer in HD here!
● Halo 1: CE developed by Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity. No separate MP component, Halo 1 maps are a Reach map pack. Switch between classic and new visuals in real time.
● Minecraft announced exclusively for 360. Utilizes Kinect.
● New Battlefield 3 Frostbite Engine trailer. Looks astounding.
● Check out the latest Mass Effect 3 gameplay video. Game also is now confirmed to use Kinect to 'augment' conversations.
● SSX has a new trailer showing its more tricky side. Check it out.
● Check out the CG Tomb Raider gore and shit video. At least I think it's Tomb Raider - doesn't resemble any TR game I ever played
● Batman: Arkham City continues to look amazing in this Catwoman specific trailer.
● Soul Calibur V is ready to re-enter the arena with this sizzling gameplay video.
● Check out Hideo Kojima's new Fox Engine that will be used for current gen platforms.
● Black Box is taking care of Need for Speed: The Run, which focuses on the world of underground racing.
● Check out this latest E3 trailer for Final Fantasy XIII-2. Yeah.
● Check out this Summer of Arcade 2011 Montage, which will include: Toy Soldiers: Cold War, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Bastion and From Dust.
● Trials was a surprise hit of last year's XBLA, and the follow up Trials Evolution looks like insane, frantic fun.
● Ubisoft and Ancel's Rayman Origins is about the most beautiful game yet shown at E3 2011. Mind blowing.
● Ubisoft announces Far Cry 3, a return to the jungle and style of the first game. Images and more at link.
● Ubisoft announces Brother in Arms: Furious Four, and Inglourious Bastards riff with takes a more dudebro approach to the franchise. Video here.
● Ninja Gaiden 3 looks even more deliriously violent than previous incarnations. Which is, of course, awesome.
● People have been murmuring about the new direction for Hitman, so now you can check it out for yourself in this video of Hitman Absolution.
● Check out this new video for Gotham City Impostors.
● New Star Trek game trailer to coincide with the new Abrams movie.
● Final Fantasy XIII-2 dated for December 2011 in Japan. Early 2012 for NA/EU.
● Major Nelson details a host of new Xbox Live features, including new dashboard, Bing and Cloud Storage
● Ninja Theory totally "gets" this franchise as we all can now tell from this "amazing" DmC trailer. Devil May Cry never looked more janky!

Kinect

● Minecraft announced exclusively for 360. Utilizes Kinect.
● Check out the latest Mass Effect 3 gameplay video. Game also is now confirmed to use Kinect to 'augment' conversations.
● Star Wars Kinect features insane lag gameplay and pod racing. If you've ever dreamed of a three second delay between your actions, this is the Star Wars game for you.
● EA announced that Fifa, Madden, Tiger Woods and another unannounced sports game will utilize Kinect.
● Kinect Fun Labs is now available. Enables finger tracking, body/clothing/object scanning, etc.
● Dance Central 2 has been announced. Allows players to port all of their songs from the first game as well as a 2 player multiplayer mode.
● Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will utilize Kinect. According to the video, it's for disassembling and reassembling weapons in some mode.
● Kinect Sports: Season 2 announced. Features even more mini-game versions of golf, baseball, skiing, darts, tennis and football. Joy.
● As if Fable needed to be even more casualized, Peter Molyneux's latest incarnation of the franchise is Fable: The Journey, which utilizes the technology to cast spells, swipe your sword and control your horse.
● Kinect Disneyland Adventures is announced, which allows every manchild to fulfill his or her dream of hugging the air while simultaneously pretending Mickey is there.
● Crytek's Codename Kingdoms has officially been Kinect-pwned, being reduced to some first-person Gladiator combat game called Ryse.
● SEGA's Rise of Nightmare horror game which works exclusively with Kinect looks, uh, interesting...
● Check out the first video of Fruit Ninja for Kinect.
● Here's video of Doublefine's Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster, a game aimed obviously directly at parents and their children.

Amir0x

Banned
NINTENDO

Wii

● Firebrand is taking care of the Wii version of Need for Speed: The Run, which focuses on the world of underground racing.
● Without any doubt, this is the Wii's magnum opus. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword promises full utilization of all Wiimote+ functionality, on top of amazing new scenarios and classic Zelda gameplay. New trailer, screens and more.
● Along with Skyward Sword, Kirby Wii is looking to make the platform go out with a bang. Allows 1-4 players and releases this Fall.

DS
● Devil Survivor 2 announced for 2012 release in US.

3DS

● Firebrand is taking care of the 3DS version of Need for Speed: The Run, which focuses on the world of underground racing.
● Capcom has had a Resident Evil Revelations media blowout. New trailers, screenshots, locations and more!
● Ace Combat 3DS has been announced for quite some time. Now you can check out some of this... interesting... media.
● Fans have been asking for it forever, but Luigi's Mansion 2 is now a reality - and it's on 3DS. Check out these impressions, images and video.
● And we've had the much anticipated Super Mario reveal for 3DS, which looks like a crazy mix of SMB3, Super Mario Galaxy and more. Wild.
● Special props for the E3 2011 Game of the Show, Paper Mario 3DS. New trailer and images confirm how fuck amazing this game will be.
● Sakurai's Kid Icarus: Uprising is coming along very nicely. Check out the E3 2011 Trailer.
● Here is the latest media and trailer for Mario Kart 3DS, which features hang gliders now. Curious.

Wii U

● Here is a Wii U Summary topic. It covers all the basic information far better than I could, so I'll link to it. Yes, the system is named Wii U.
● Here is screen and video of the Zelda HD tech demo. It's just a tech demo - not how the actual game might end up looking, but one potential avenue. Welcome to the HD gen, Nintendo fans.
● Here is full impressions of the Wii U Controller, which contains Touchscreen, dual-analog + buttons, motion, Rumble, Microphone, speakers, gyroscope, inward-facing camera and a headphone jack.
● Another tech demo was called Super Mario Mii, which showcased a NSMB-style title with the unbiquitous Mii's running about too.
● Aliens: Colonial Marines, developed by Gearbox and confirmed Unreal Engine 3 is working on Wii U, has been announced for the platform.
● Not only is Wii U receiving Ninja Gaiden 3, they're also getting an exclusive side game called Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge. Very nice coup for Nintendo.

SONY

PlayStation 3

● Konami announces MGS HD collection including MGS2 and MGS3. In Japan, Peacewalker will be sold separately. Elsewhere, Peacewalker will be included in the collection.
● Konami announces Zone of Enders HD collection including both games.
● Konami announces Silent Hill HD collection including Silent Hill 2 and 3. (Platforms unclear but will include at least PS3)
● Insomniac reveals Overstrike, a new four-player co-op action game and the first Insomniac game to appear on 360 as well as PS3.
● Ninja Gaiden 3 looks even more deliriously violent than previous incarnations. Which is, of course, awesome.
● Check out the latest Mass Effect 3 gameplay video.
● Check out the CG Tomb Raider gore and shit video. At least I think it's Tomb Raider - doesn't resemble any TR game I ever played
● Batman: Arkham City continues to look amazing in this Catwoman specific trailer.
● Soul Calibur V is ready to re-enter the arena with this sizzling gameplay video.
● Resistance 3 looks like a return to form for the series, and it seeks to prove it by showcasing its multiplayer bona fides.
● Check out Hideo Kojima's new Fox Engine that will be used for current gen platforms.
● Black Box is taking care of Need for Speed: The Run, which focuses on the world of underground racing.
● Check out this latest E3 trailer for Final Fantasy XIII-2. Yeah.
● Ubisoft and Ancel's Rayman Origins is about the most beautiful game yet shown at E3 2011. Mind blowing.
● Ubisoft announces Far Cry 3, a return to the jungle and style of the first game. Images and more at link.
● Ubisoft announces Brother in Arms: Furious Four, and Inglourious Bastards riff with takes a more dudebro approach to the franchise. Video here.
● People have been murmuring about the new direction for Hitman, so now you can check it out for yourself in this video of Hitman Absolution.
● Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception has a collector's edition in the works. Check it out here. Also launch for media and more.
● Sony San Diego's action RPG, Ruin, will be simultaneously released on Vita and PS3 and includes cross platform play.
● New collection revealed - this time it's God of War Origins Collection, which includes Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus from PSP remastered in 3D for the PS3.
● It has now been revealed that Dust 514 will be exclusive to PS3 and Vita and have cross platform play. All sorts of info in this topic.
● Check out this new video for Gotham City Impostors.
● New Star Trek game trailer to coincide with the new Abrams movie.
● After all those gameplay videos, I'm a bit surprised they went with this rather underwhelming CG Starhawk trailer.
● Saint's Row: The Third will have exclusive mode on PS3.
● And they also scored exclusive Battlefield 3 content. Yay exclusive content!
● Looking for something for MOVE? Zindagi Games has a new title called Medieval Moves, which is essentially an on-rails *sigh* arcade weapon gallery.
● Finally! After that teaser with the Sly Collection months ago, Sly 4 was finally revealed and it's being developed by Sanzaru Games, the ones responsible for Secret Agent Clank and the Sly Collection.
● Q-Games, developer of the award-winning PixelJunk series, returns this summer with a nostalgic take on the series with its new side-scrolling shooter, PixelJunk SideScroller.
● Final Fantasy XIII-2 dated for December 2011 in Japan. Early 2012 for NA/EU.
● As if Sony couldn't get more shameless, they've riffed off Take Two's Carnival Games and made a new casual title for Move titled Carnival Island. Check the video for laughs.
● Ninja Theory totally "gets" this franchise as we all can now tell from this "amazing" DmC trailer. Devil May Cry never looked more janky!

PS Vita

● Konami announces Silent Hill: Book of Memories. No further information available besides name and platform.
● PSP Vita Wi-Fi model will be available for 24,980 yen (including tax) in Japan, $249 in US and euro 249 in Europe, 3G/Wi-Fi model will be available for 29,980 yen (including tax) in Japan, $299 in US and euro 299 in Europe and successively launch in global market starting the end of 2011.
● Capcom announces Street Fighter X Tekken for NGP, featuring Cole from inFAMOUS as a bonus fighter.
● A Vanillaware game called Dragon's Crown was shown during the PS Vita Footage Reel. Skip to 3:30 for the footage. Looked stunning. Looks like Ignition is publishing this.
● PSP Vita will utilize AT&T exclusively for their 3G Service
● Irrational game announces an original Bioshock title for Vita. No images or footage.
● Super Stardust Delta looks as hectic as usual, utilizing the Vita's technology to stunning effect.
● I'm not sure how many of you are interested in Hustle Kings for the Vita, but here's impressions anyway.
● Here's IGN talkin' up the most arresting Vita original title, Sound Shapes. Impressions, images and video at link.
● Of all the Vita titles revealed, Little Deviants seems to be utilizing the features of the platform to greatest effect. Impressions and more at link.
● And of course the lineup would not be complete without mention of Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Please, spare the piss jokes. All sorts of media here.
● Sony San Diego's action RPG, Ruin, will be simultaneously released on Vita and PS3 and includes cross platform play.
● Not that anyone asked for more ModNation Racers, but there is a new and improved version coming for the Vita. Lots of info at link
● Hot Shots Golf trailer for Vita, now more pervy than ever. Thanks Japan.
● Shinobido 2 announced for Vita. Sequel to Acquire's ninja game for the PSP and PS2.
● Little Big Planet Vita trailer.
● Wipeout 2048 E3 trailer. Futuristic HD racing at your fingertips.
● Namco Bandai announced today that it is developing a version of Ridge Racer for Sony's next generation PlayStation Vita portable system.
● Arc System Works confirmed that BlazBlue Continuum Shift II is in development for the PS Vita.
● It has now been revealed that Dust 514 will be exclusive to PS3 and Vita and have cross platform play. All sorts of info in this topic.

PC

● GOG announces they've signed EA to their service, and will release 25+ games from their catalogue over the next several months. System Shock and Syndicate are specifically not included. The first releases are Ultima Underworld 1+2, Dungeon Keeper, and Wing Commander: Privateer. Next up: Crusader No Remorse, Alpha Centauri, Magic Carpet.
● CDProjekt announces free DLC for Witcher that adds additional hairstyles.
● Check out the latest Mass Effect 3 gameplay video.
● Trackmania 2: Canyon looks fuckin' rad. Was there any doubt? Video and website at link.

SPECIAL THANKS

I want to have a shout out to IGN, Gametrailers, duckroll, Nirolak, Aselith and any number of other GAF posters who have contributed a link here and a link there. You made this process relatively painful and I appreciate.

Amir0x

Banned
yea the Nintendo stuff is taking SO LONG because any time I add stuff it keeps glitching out and now I have to go to my back up to intricately replace lines

it is making updating take four times as long. Sorry Nintendo fans for the delay :(

Kawl_USC

Thanks a ton for doing this Amir0x, been crazy busy with work lately and this one thread lets me be relatively up to date with the influx of information from E3.

I really appreciate all of the effort that has gone into this.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
great thread Amirox :D
suddenly I am about to get a whole lot more broke :(...but in a good way

bring on the 3DS games
and Wii U ohh cannot wait..

Amir0x

Banned
arghhhh why is this edit updating keep fucking up

i accidentally deleted the latest Nintendo update shit from my backup too.

fuck I'll come back in an hour I need to get un-stressed and eat :p

Amir0x

Banned
i did break it down into two posts! That was the solution but it's still glitchin'. I just have to carefully edit my text file and save that and then re-introduce it to the post again

Sinoox

Banned
This E3 had zero surprises, damn everyone leaking everything. Even then, it was still entertaining but mostly for Nintendo and Bethesda alone. Sony and Microsoft seemed to be offering nothing but the same old, same old. Their conferences were very reminiscent to prior years, just a big disappointment.

gerg

As Stump detailed in the relevant thread, I think that the weird syntax of the Ninja Gaiden PR is confusing people - the Wii U isn't receiving two Ninja Gaiden titles, but is receiving a special edition of Ninja Gaiden 3 with the subtitle "Razor's Edge".

webrunner

Amir0x said:
Are there any other recaps other than this one (Which you can't jump ahead to skip stuff you've already seen or skip stupid and boring parts) or IGN's (which is broken up into parts at really bad places. Sony part 1 ends about 30 seconds before end of Resistance 3 footage.. They couldn't have made it last another 30 seconds?

Thanks for the effort, Amir0x. Much appreciated as there is too much info in too small a time-period to follow coherently. This thread is a god-send.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Question. What is the best site where i can direct dl most of the trailers? GameTrailers won't let me download for some reason.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Great thread, although I assume you meant to say "you made this experience relatively painless" rather than painful. :p

Amir0x

Banned
I'll be having a major update of this thread on Friday. It kept glitching out and then my backup copy got fucked up when I actually erased a section as I was trying to copy it into the post.

I've been slowly re-building the latest news into the backup but it's taking time due to motivation issues after losing so much info AGAIN.

But it's coming, all the Nintendo and other company info I missed

Top Bottom