• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New and improved(?) Star Wars: Battlefront Pics

Rhindle

swbattlefront_39.jpg

swbattlefront_40.jpg

swbattlefront_42.jpg

swbattlefront_43.jpg

swbattlefront_46.jpg

swbattlefront_48.jpg

swbattlefront_49.jpg

swbattlefront_50.jpg

olimario

Banned
EviLore said:
Hey, fuckhead, how about you don't quote so many images immediately after they're posted.

Some RSIII comparison shots. It was going to be done sooner or later.
Battlefront really does look fun though. I think I'll pick it up for my Microsoft XBOX.

gc_starwarsrogue_screen007.jpg

gc_starwarsrogue_screen002.jpg
914734_20030708_screen002.jpg

Are they still going with the no old vs. new trilogy thing? I really think they should reconsider that, otherwise you are going to have almost no-one playing new trilogy maps.

Bog

Junior Ace
In the E3 build, they reused the same explosion for just about everything (see the new Hoth screens). That shit better get fixed by release. It makes the game look budget.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
RS III screens vs. Battlefront really is not a fair comparison since RS III looks nowhere near as sharp or clean as it doesn in those screens. I guess the same could be said about Battlefront though...

Just ignore me plz.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Some RSIII comparison shots. It was going to be done sooner or later.

Battlefront is a 32-player ONLINE SHOOTER. Why don't we compare them to the 32-player online Star Wars game on the Cube, just to be fair?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
well it doesnt even look as good as clone wars at the moment.

Think i'll probably skip this one.

What happened to the 'Episode 3 Game' that was supposed to be announced at e3?

ManaByte said:
Battlefront is a 32-player ONLINE SHOOTER. Why don't we compare them to the 32-player online Star Wars game on the Cube, just to be fair?

That's no excuse. There's a huge difference in amount of models, polygons, draw distance, and textures between the two...too big of a difference. These screens show around the same amount of models on screen, you're telling me with the extra power of the Xbox, it cannot handle a game looking as decent as RSIII online?

Don't be blinded, this game looks piss poor and could be a lot better. It's actually embarassing, I'm surprised they're releasing screens.

Rhindle

kitchenmotors said:
That's no excuse. There's a huge difference in amount of models, polygons, draw distance, and textures between the two...too big of a difference. These screens show around the same amount of models on screen, you're telling me with the extra power of the Xbox, it cannot handle a game looking as decent as RSIII online?

Don't be blinded, this game looks piss poor and could be a lot better. It's actually embarassing, I'm surprised they're releasing screens.
1. It's a PS2/multiplatform game.

2. Online multiplayer is A VERY most processor-intensive task. There is no way you can expect to produce the same complex geometry you would in a single-player game.

3. Unlike RSIII, this game is completely open and unscripted.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Ghost said:
What happened to the 'Episode 3 Game' that was supposed to be announced at e3?

It wasn't supposed to be announced at E3. There's a behind-the-scenes preview of it on the Star Wars Trilogy DVD set in September, but on Hyperspace there's a preview for that set that has a very short clip from that preview. It looks like a third-person 3D Jedi game sort of like Jedi Outcast/Academy but with better graphics (from what you could see in the half-second clip).

tenchir

I am definitely get this game for the PS2(No XBLive for me). Might end up replacing Socom II as my most played onlineg game.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
"2. Online multiplayer is A VERY most processor-intensive task. There is no way you can expect to produce the same complex geometry you would in a single-player game."

No. Multiplayer reduces the load on CPUs because it doesn't have to do AI.

I thought the videos from E3 were very impressive (As opposed to Turok-esque screenshots that had been released.) I think the graphics and network response will be sub-par on the consoles, but who cares? The PC version should rock hard!

Top Bottom