• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW Assassin's Creed 3 screenshots

Loxley

i6RHU.jpg

I cannot wait to climb the mast of those ships.

Has anyone mentioned that the main character looks completely out of place? Because he does.

Yes, multiple times in fact. What exactly do you want them to do? Remove the hood? It's become an iconic look for the series, might as well ask 343 to ditch Master Chief's helmet or Kojima to remove Snake's pointless bandana while you're at it.

Suspension of disbelief folks, look it up.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I cannot wait to climb the mast of those ships.

Yes, multiple times in fact. What exactly do you want them to do? Remove the hood? It's become an iconic look for the series, might as well ask 343 to ditch Master Chief's helmet or Kojima to remove Snake's pointless bandana while you're at it.

Suspension of disbelief folks, look it up.

They could probably just explain it away using the animus anyways. haha

Midou

I was doubting the era and location at first, but the more I see, the more fucking hyped I am for it. It isn't insanely technically impressive, but the art direction is so nice.

Everything about this so far has been great.

They should release a screenshot of the same location but during the different seasons, just because I <3 seasonal changes in video games.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
well, the game takes place in the U.S and the main character is a native american with some english blood right? so why is the guild called "Gremio de las Sombras" instead of Shadows guild or something like that, or is Mexico involved somehow? can someone explain this to me, I haven't been following this game news, thanks in advance?

spanish-speaking website?

[edit] preconceptions confirmed, btw: game is 'the patriot: the game'

Irish

The blood spray looks much better than it has in the last three games. Really hope it is as good as if not better than it was in the first.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, if the Wii U version looks closer to the bullshots....

That quoted dusk screenshot is gorgeous. I'm really loving this new grass/outdoors technology spotlight between Red Dead, Skyrim, and AC3

Frostburn

Looks damn sexy, need to see them in full resolution but it is looking like a great change of pace for the series. Going to have to stop playing AC games on the 360 and go for the PC version this time around!

The first two responses to this thread made me lol.

MEH at those screenshots for a console title? You fucking serious, mang? Looks gorgeous.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Have you seen the previous games running on pc? These aren't far fetched.
They've looked alright on PC, but the AA is nowhere near what's presented.

I'd like to see how they look at a higher res, without being down sampled, and with a more realistic AA setting -- my PC isn't that new. :/

Zabka

AC:R for the consoles was a pretty big leap in image quality from the previous games. I can't wait to see how they improve on it.

Those shots are gorgeous.

Now if only I could well up the urge to finish Revelations. It feels like so much filler, especially knowing that the real deal is yet to come.

Raonak

Banned
objects in the distance look really weird. almost looks too smooth, or looks like it doesn't have a texture.

close stuff looks good through.

I only played a few hours of AC1 and AC2, but this looks pretty intriguing to me.

From reading the GI feature, it sounds like it will have a lot of new stuff and some real changes from previous games.

Neverfade

As someone who said 'fuck this' with the ending of AC2 and stopped visiting the series, this has my intrigue level piqued.

I think the layout of the town shot looks great. I have no interest in climbing 100 skyscrapers to jump into hay for some arbitrary achievement.

I just wish the whole Desmond/Animus/Time/Mind Fuck storyline was gone. I fucking hate it. If the AC series was just a collection of assassins through time connected via their own stories and not this ancestor bullshit the whole thing would be better off for it. Here's hoping this has a Read Dead Redemption-esque vibe.

Luigiv

Artificial Stupidity.

Not really. People tend look down when walking, not up (you know it's helpful to gauge the terrain before you step over it). It's very easy to miss something that high above the ground. Doubly so given the wide brim hats they're wearing.

Top Bottom