• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Game Reveal

mortal

Gold Member
What do you think about the tecnique?
I mean.. using some photos and then modify to something else... isn't more easy make a draw?
It's a popular technique used for pre-production in both the video game industry & film industry. It's often a better option for a faster workflow, mainly because of the sheer amount of concept art required to produce for a bigger budget game or film/series, often at tight deadlines. Modern matte paintings are also made using photo bashing techniques as well as 3D.

I wouldn't say it's any easier or harder than just drawing, it's simply a different approach to creating. Like any technique, it's relatively easy to learn, but takes skill and practice to do it exceptionally well.

Last edited:

McCheese

Many places are still on lockdown due to COVID-19. Most developers and artists are working form home not because they want to but because they have to.

And nobody at home had a capture card to show the game? even those Last of Us 2 localisation testers had capture cards sitting around.

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Camera pans out near the end of the feed and reveals the box for Monopoly: Assassin's Creed Edition

3Q6mj8x.gif

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
literally watching digital paint dry to find out about the next AC game.

Who thought this was a good idea?

I really don't understand the complaints. I'm sure people who like digital art are away into this. For the rest of us, just come back in a couple of hours and skip to the end/watch the inevitable recap standalone video that gets posted on YouTube. You're not going to miss anything for not watching this live.

McCheese

I really don't understand the complaints. I'm sure people who like digital art are away into this.

I guess it's how it's framed, If they had named it "AC Box-art reveal" then I'd think it was smart, but folks going into this expecting to actually see an AAA next-gen title, for the first time, and just getting some guy and his wacom, have every right to be annoyed.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Not related to the game, but if you need to get prepared for the cold winds fast approaching from the North, give a listen and be ready! 💪

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is a cool reveal. I'd much rather watch this guy paint than what some podcast idiots overhype.
I agree with you there, but there was no reason to turn this into a 5+ hour event. Would have rather seen all of this as maybe a one hour time lapse or something.

Anyone here played AC from the days of AC1 that still play these games?

After Unity i lost it with AC, Black Flag was a refreshing take on the series and is my favourite AC game, since then they have been so bland and boring, same shit all the time, map filled with so many icons to do mundane tasks and quests.

Not sure if these games want to hold onto fans since the start or they intentionally keep these games the same to only appeal to new gamers.

Heres hoping this reveal is a new AC game but i dont hold out much hope.

I played AC1 back in 2007 (wow...) and really enjoyed it despite its flaws. Then I played AC2 in 2009 and really loved it. I skipped Brotherhood because it was so similar to 2, and went into 3 back in 2011. I HATED that game. It was a buggy mess with terrible gameplay. Hilariously, the PS Vita game was actually a lot of fun and much better.

I skipped Revelations and came back in with Black Flag on PS4. That game was ridiculously fun and I really enjoyed it. But then I skipped Unity, Syndicate, and Odyssey. I did buy Origins but haven't gotten to it yet. That being said, I really do like the series and want to play Unity and Syndicate. I heard they're actually quite underrated gems. The trick with AC is take a few years off in between titles. I think playing them back to back will burn you out quickly.

With the next gen hype looming, I can totally see myself picking up AC Ragnarok at launch with my PS5.

Darrec

Neo Member
Worst game reveal ever i swear, there better be a teaser trailer after this crap is done. As for the game itself, i'm only hoping for 2 things:
- RPG mechanics beign gone (or at Origins levels at most)
- Character choice removed

Jayjayhd34

Worst game reveal ever i swear, there better be a teaser trailer after this crap is done. As for the game itself, i'm only hoping for 2 things:

Sounds like just artwork pmsl

Compsiox

Banned
Streamers are going to stream gameplay apparently so there's that. One streamer said he was going to be streaming an Ubisoft game today.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I think this is a great idea to reveal it this way. We ALL got time as we sit at home during CoronaVirus season.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How is this further along than the currently "live" drawing?
It's pretty obvious that this is all pre-recorded anyway. My wife and daughter are both digital artists that work in photoshop and have finely honed their craft for years / decades. There are some things like the tool preset selections and such that show this was done a bit more slowly / meticulously and then sped up for our "live" enjoyment.

Top Bottom