• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Game Reveal

Cropped face can only mean one thing and that's character selection returning, which i hate passion. Off to a bad start.

Why hate it? it gives everyone the option to do what they want so nobody has a right to complain. They don't need to work the other character in, just write the story so it can apply to both a male or female and be done with it. There are people who want them to make us play as a female character too and I don't get that at all, how many people here would be pissed if that were the case knowing Ubisoft had given the option before?

He's a Neo member, he CAN'T edit his posts.
Woah, I actually didn't know that. Oh well, I already reported. :goog_neutral: I trust the mods have it handled and are speaking with him. Or will eventually if they are busy. Anyway, looks like this is indeed about Vikings, as that is definitely a Viking style bearded axe, so the post would be false?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
.... and it's a man

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Resetera must be in rage right now

Ummm... Excuse me. Women can have beards, too. Please don't assume the gender of people. It's offensive.

:messenger_winking:

Arachnid

Holy shit. I just came home for lunch and went to see the final reveal and he’s still going.

LMAO I just finished a major practical expecting to come back to have missed everything. Dude is still painting. I mean, it looks fantastic now, but come on.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Woah, I actually didn't know that. Oh well, I already reported. :goog_neutral: I trust the mods have it handled and are speaking with him. Or will eventually if they are busy. Anyway, looks like this is indeed about Vikings, as that is definitely a Viking style bearded axe, so the post would be false?

I hope the Mods don't deal harshly with him it was only his 2nd post and it probably didn't occur to him he couldn't post that. Poor guy if the Mods don't perma-ban him he'll probably be too scared to ever post again.

Arachnid

.... and it's a man

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Resetera must be in rage right now
They featured Alexios in all the promotional art for Odyssey but then turned around and said Kassandra is the canon character, so maybe they'll have two protagonists? I hope not. Not because of any wamen reason, but because I think a single defined protagonist is better than the gender amorphic mix we got in Odyssey. Hopefully they got rid of the dialogue choices too. That just killed Alexios/Kassandras personality altogether.

Also, thank fuck for that white beard/hair. I am so down for an older/experienced protagonist.

Last edited:

iorek21

They featured Alexios in all the promotional art for Odyssey but then turned around and said Kassandra is the canon character, so maybe they'll have two protagonists? I hope not. Not because of any wamen reason, but because I think a single defined protagonist is better than the gender amorphic mix we got in Odyssey. Hopefully they got rid of the dialogue choices too. That just killed Alexios/Kassandras personality altogether.

Agreed, both Alexios and Kassandra seemed shallow personality-wise because they were the same person regardless of your choice... same dialogue, almost the same intonation, same choices, same reactions etc

A single protagonist has way more room to develop during the course of the game

Jbomb19

I'm pretty sure the art reveal for AC: Odyssey only featured Alexios and we saw Kassandra later so the two protagonist choice is still on the table. I also think there's a report out there that this time, the choice of male or female doesn't affect the story like in AC: Odyssey.

I hope the Mods don't deal harshly with him it was only his 2nd post and it probably didn't occur to him he couldn't post that. Poor guy if the Mods don't perma-ban him he'll probably be too scared to ever post again.
Ummm, just don't post spoilers? I mean, we are all adults no? Pretty sure it's a no brainer to not post spoilers out in the open... If they aren't spoilers then yes, he should stay. But it's still a dangerous game to play if you aren't obviously joking and don't take precautions that are given to you, like spoiler tags... What he wrote sounded plausible to me. Which is the only reason it bothered me.

Anyway, what's done is done. I'm actually excited for a Vikings style AC game. I hope they expound on the sailing they did in black flag in terms of water physics and such. Man, there's so much lore they can cover here it's so rich. Lets just hope they stick to just one main character so that they don't have to pretzel the story to fit two diff genders... I would love a rich story just focused on one MAN's unique issues, struggles and feelings if that's what they are going with as the main protag.

Muselbert

Agreed, both Alexios and Kassandra seemed shallow personality-wise because they were the same person regardless of your choice... same dialogue, almost the same intonation, same choices, same reactions etc

A single protagonist has way more room to develop during the course of the game
Exactly, I couldn't give a flying fuck whether it's going to be a female or a male protagonist, just give it a proper story that fits that choice instead something generic to fit both. And then have proper voice acting for the main character because you don't have to record each dialogue twice. I mainly picked Kassandra because I found Alexios' voice acting a lot worse.

It's really bothering me that the chick in the background doesn't have a weapon in her hand yet while he already put them in every one else's and now he's focusing on the main character.

Jbomb19

what if when he finally gets to the face it's just:

2155997666-1.jpg

GV82

So glad I was wrong saying there wouldn’t be much detail, but surprised to see over 6 hours later he’s still at it, I thought 4 at least

Before I stopped earlier I was chuckling at the people in chat stating it was Not Viking’s 🤣 clearly hadn’t heard the leaks even when the boats was added they stayed in denial

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Exactly, I couldn't give a flying fuck whether it's going to be a female or a male protagonist, just give it a proper story that fits that choice instead something generic to fit both. And then have proper voice acting for the main character because you don't have to record each dialogue twice. I mainly picked Kassandra because I found Alexios' voice acting a lot worse.

As a women I always pick a female when given the choice, except for some reason I feel like I'd rather have a male assassin.

I initially was going to go with Alexios, especially since he looked super hot, but his voice actor was atrocious so I chose Kassandra instead. Her voice acting was some of the best ever in a video game. Kassandra ended up being one of my all-time favorite game characters. So I guess I'm fine either way; choice or single character, just make the character, the story and the gameplay good.

Hans Bubby

Banned
As a women I always pick a female when given the choice, except for some reason I feel like I'd rather have a male assassin.

I initially was going to go with Alexios, especially since he looked super hot, but his voice actor was atrocious so I chose Kassandra instead. Her voice acting was some of the best ever in a video game. Kassandra ended up being one of my all-time favorite game characters. So I guess I'm fine either way; choice or single character, just make the character, the story and the gameplay good.

Yeah, I picked her as well. Kassandra was VERY well done.

Jbomb19

SAME. The voice acting difference was staggering. Kassandra was incredible. I also lean toward female characters when given a choice as a woman myself, but god damn I do love that look of that beard. Gonna be a touch choice, unless the voice acting is again wildly different in quality level.

Kenpachii

Problem with odyssey was, the voice acting of the male was shit, and the animation and model of the female was shit.

So u never had the actual good package because u always had to choose between them.

I rather have them focus on one and do excellent work on that.

Easter egg from div2 - Valhalla with apple of eden
0aR3SHV.jpg
I remember this. I'm about halfway done with Odyssey but I don't think I've seen any apple of eden stuff in Odyssey and I don't remember a ton of it in Origin besides like just basic things in those futuristic "temples." I'd be interested in them exploring more of that aspect of the lore and less the present day templars vs. assassins thing.

Honestly, they shouldn't have done the whole templar vs. assassin war and instead done more of an Illuminati secret society angle. It fits much more in with the cultist aspect of Odyssey and lends itself to basically any period, any setting.

Top Bottom