• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Game Reveal

Audiophile

Gold Member
Why hate it? it gives everyone the option to do what they want so nobody has a right to complain. They don't need to work the other character in, just write the story so it can apply to both a male or female and be done with it. There are people who want them to make us play as a female character too and I don't get that at all, how many people here would be pissed if that were the case knowing Ubisoft had given the option before?

I don't care if it's a male or female. Being able to choose characters works in some games but I don't like selection in the context of AC because it thrived in the Ezio Trilogy with a focused, core character. Making characters interchangeable in the same narrative is a compromise, one that works against AC.

That appeasement is usually the result of two things, the first being vocal minorities and excess wokeness; and the other being this idea that people don't want to play as a character that is the opposite sex, which I just don't buy, it matters that the characters are compelling, not whether they have the same junk. I don't believe the vast, vast majority of people aren't buying particular games or going to certain movies because the character isn't the same sex.

Representation is great but watering down creativity to cater to an idea rather than arriving there organically just sours people to the concept. HZD is one of my favourite games of the gen and never once did it bother me the lead was female (the thought never even crossed my mind); and making it a choice of sexes/characters would have led to a narrative less coherent with said characters.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Your an idiot dude sorry to say - Shinobi602 is a well known insider and has a lot of credibility. He origonally used to post here a lot back in the day before NeoGaf split and nailed pretty much everything on the dot without spoiling too much - so if you're trying to defame someone or pretend to be like someone else and think your cool, your making a complete fool out of yourself. How about you actually look into the person's history on the web or do some reseaarch before embarassing yourself and making moronic statements? Sit down.
You joined June 2019. How would you know that? :messenger_winking:

TLZ

Banned
Ever heard of lurking since 2014 ?

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Right. Well, maybe you'll get to have a redhead viking girlfriend.

Yeah, I don't really care all that much, either way. I thought Kassandra looked cooler than Alexios so I went with her in Odyssey, but I don't think I would pass up on playing as a big bearded viking in this.

Zannegan

Vikings, eh? I love the setting, but I'm not sure how they're going to make Viking raiders out to be the "good guys" struggling for the rights of the common man.

Or are they finally going for more of a morally gray tone in the struggle between anarchy and totalitarianism throughout history? Showing both sides for what they are, extremes, would be a welcome change for the series, IMO. Instead, every game they have to go to ridiculous lengths to demonize the Templars and show the Assassins as pure as the driven snow, and it always make their stories laughable. The prime example was Blackbeard in 4, just a poor pirate captain trying to get "med'cines" for his crew. Hilarious and painful.

You forget Verendus? Demonite? Cboat? You forgot the thread named 3 for 3 Pack it Up Boys after E3 2015 triple megabomb announcement of FF 7 Remake, Shenmue 3 and Last Guardian? You forgot Shinobi hyping the hell out of Andromeda? You forgot Project Beast prior to E3 2014 with leaked trailer and then it being Bloodborne? Damn, I guess your memory got lost.

Last edited:
17c.png

Its cool tho. No ill feelings

This is childish lol. I am very confused at what you're trying for reference here. I simply called out a forum poster who tried to be a smart ass in regards to Shinobi being an insider. That's not called being mad, that's called stating facts because I dislike when people spread misinformation without realizing what they are talking about.

I have no issue you with you or anyone else. You ask me a question, i give you a straight answer. You don't like the answer, that's not my issue.

Paradicia

'' Southern Sweden '' = Skåne :messenger_clapping:

Or so I assume at least.
Might mean some Viking on Viking conflict maybe, Denmark and Sweden has a very long history of war and Skåne is the main part of Sweden where that conflict took place and it was conquered by the Danes around year 970-1000.

Definitely a possibility. They could time swap just to tell stories just like they did in Odyssey. It would make sense contextually for Viking on Viking action if they wanted to make the progtagnist more of a morally righteous Viking, if that's even a thing 😂

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Anyone here played AC from the days of AC1 that still play these games?

After Unity i lost it with AC, Black Flag was a refreshing take on the series and is my favourite AC game, since then they have been so bland and boring, same shit all the time, map filled with so many icons to do mundane tasks and quests.

Not sure if these games want to hold onto fans since the start or they intentionally keep these games the same to only appeal to new gamers.

Heres hoping this reveal is a new AC game but i dont hold out much hope.

What’s weird is I had Assassin’s Creed the day it came out with the Altier little figurine in the Collector’s Edition. I absolutely loved AC2 and then played through Brotherhood and Revelations. I bought III and have owned every title since. I just didn’t enjoy the story with Unity and going forward. The story peaked for me with Desmond and IV/Unity it felt like some Matrix without a story. Syndicate looked cool, but the story was forgettable.

I will say that Origins and Odyssey were a step in the right direction. You can play the entire game without caring at all about what’s going on in the real world. It’s just different. The series has changed for the good and the bad. They’re a lot more fun to play than they use to be. Even if I miss the actual hidden blade assassinations. I haven’t cared about the plot since Desmond. That whole hook really made me sink my teeth into the games.

I think their Viking setting will be really interesting. Anymore, AC is all about the period of time it takes place in. The story is never as important as long time fans probably wish it would be.

DeeDogg_

Banned
12 hrs of painting only for us to have to wait another day for a cinematic trailer..
Gee these companies are sure making quarantine more entertaining

Not what I did

lol ironic

Its cool.

You were making a claim that I worked for PushSquare and I simply said No. First of all, I don't tell anyone where I work or what I do due to privacy reasons. You should never make jokes like that because others won't understand if your being serious or not and the last thing I need is for someone to think I work for someone I actually don't.

You were making a claim that I worked for PushSquare and I simply said No. First of all, I don't tell anyone where I work or what I do due to privacy reasons. You should never make jokes like that because others won't understand if your being serious or not and the last thing I need is for someone to think I work for someone I actually don't.
Bro, no ones thinking of you that much. Don’t worry

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
The new assassins will be on PS5 and XSX

And PS4

And Xbox one

And PS4 Pro

come on it’s Ubi , if they can they will put it on PS3 and X360

Top Bottom